[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it just a normalfag thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: sm.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
why do casuals suddendly shit on this game? do longtime fan feel the same way? I mean compared to gen 6 its a massive step forward. So what is this hate all about?
>>
Nice job on being a shill!
>>
>another thread died for this genwar boxart thread
>>
>>32246587

>casuals shitting on SM

That's news to me. Thought causals had generally positive views on SM.
>>
>>32246587
the games are trash. just because gen 6 was shit doesnt excuse this one. it wasnt a step forward just a side step.
>>
>>32246587
everyone hates them only shills can find positive in mediocre things.
>>
>>32246601
>>32246612
>>32246612
>>32246621
>>32246644
only hate but no argument. i knew this fanbase was filled with autistic manchildren but come on
>>
>>32246676
lurk more faggot there is literally a thread active where this shit is getting discussed
>>
>>32246676
it isnt worth the time providing an argument for a dogshit game

a shit game only deserves shitposts
>>
>>32246587
Everything is a step forward compared to Gen 6. But it was still mediocre.

However, it's not casuals who shit on it, they love the story and the 3D so no pokemon game will ever be widely disliked again no matter if it's good or bad

>>32246676
the only manchild is you
>>
>>32246748
agree with everything you said bit normalfags really do not praise this game at all.
>>
>>32246748
>However, it's not casuals who shit
everyone of my normie circle who picked it up after the go hype dropped the game after a month or so. they also can't stop complaining how pokemon changed so much and how it doesn't feel like pokemon anymore.
casuals definetly do not praise this game.
>>
>>32246587
lack of postgame
cutscenes and tutorial trash kill replay ability
new overpowered mons that the already broken competitive scene even more broken
no pss
piss easy gameplay
those are the major problems
>>
>>32246768
>picked it up after the go hype
Was it the only game they played since gen 1?
>>
>>32246785
nah we grew up with gen4
>>
>>32246587
I think is because even with all those new things and buffed Pokémon it still doesn't have post-game, and the removing of Battle Institute was just the worst thing they have done (in Gen 6 it gives you 7-13 Battle Points and a Vitamin after the 5 Battles).

Also Hidden Abilities through SOS is a nightmare compared to Gen 6 (in XY you only needed that a person irl gives you their Friend Code and the 3rd Pokémon for a low chance, in ORAS you only needed 25 encounters in the Pokédex)
>>
>>32246767
>>32246768
desu that makes me feel better, at least I know I'm not alone in thinking pokemon really isnt going to appeal to me as much as it used to anymore. I liked SM but it still bummed me out how meh it was
>>
>>32246587
>casuals
It's the autism-filled 1% that shit on the game
>>
>>32246804
biggest problem is that when you compare some of other nintendo games the games are actually progressing where as pokemon is essentially always the same thing. yes the trials and "boss fights" were supposed to end this repetitive gym trend but there is so much more you could have done with it.
they introduced triple battles/rotation battles/ reverse only to take them all out. all this could have been used to make the game more challenging and have a more strategic approach to it,
>>
>>32246820
>It's the autism-filled 1% that defends this the game
ftfy
>>
>>32246676
/vp/ contrarians aren't the majority
>>
>>32246832
No one outside /vp/ ever shat on this game
>>
>>32246768
My casual go-influenced friends dropped the game as soon as they beat the main story (before the UB quest) but they all said they enjoyed it, the only complaint being it was kind of short.
Social media and fan communities generally have a positive opinion except for 4chan and gamefaqs, but most of them hate the games past gen 4. Reviews are generally the same as any other Pokemon game. The fan community is the same minus the Friend Safari one.

The game is a bog-standard Pokemon game despite the changes, and gets generally the same reception. Pokemon is Pokemon, that's it.
>>
>>32246892
There you have it
>>
Don't bother op the pokemon fanbase has died because of nostalgia circlejerking and lies and pretenciousness about the difficulty and the story.
/vp/ should be deleted and go back to /vg/
>>
>>32246892
>Pokemon is Pokemon, that's it.
This kind of thinking is the problem
fuck this board
>>
>>32246959
Not really my opinion. That's just the summed up perception I've seen from casual players, reviews, and social media stuff. It's the same reception as any Pokemon aside from 4chan and gamefaqs. I sometimes see "I complain because I want the franchise to be better" on /vp/ but that holds no water in terms of influencing the actual games. The only games I ever saw receive a huge amount of discontent from casual fans (i.e. the people that matter the most in regards to the game direction if at all) was gen 5, unfortunately.
>>
>>32246742
>a shit game only deserves shitposts
Truer words have never been spoken.

Positive threads on Shit and Poo need to be nuked.

>>32246601
>>32246612
>>32246621
>>32246644
>>32246719
>>32246748
>>32246768
>>32246784
>>32246798
>>32246892
>all this roasting of Shit and Poo
SuMo aren't the Sonic 06 of Poke-
>>
>>32247012
epic
>>
>>32247012
I didn't roast it though. I simply explained that the game was generally liked by casual players who drop the game after beating the main story and it has gotten the same reception as any other Pokemon game on any place other than gamefaqs and 4chan.
>>
I enjoy them from both a singleplayer and PvP standpoint, sucks for you if you dont
>>
>>32247037
Funny how shills like you don't even list any redeemable qualities about the game without resorting to buzzwords like "comfy."

Probably because there are none.
>>
>>32247012
how old are you?
>>
There is no pokemon gyms. Casuals are so used to one thing and nostalgia. Anyways it won't effect the next game because it's already in development but if Casuals don't buy the next game. Then you might see major changes in gen 8
>>
>>32246784
>piss easy gameplay

end this meme
>>
>>32247060
Too bad he didn't use any buzzwords you projecting cuck
>>
>>32246784
>lack of postgame
I don't get this meme. SM had plenty of things to do postgame.
>new areas to explore in poni island
>high-level wilds and trainers in the above
>legend hunting
>champion title defense
>battling Morimoto
>the battle tree (lazy/stupid as it is, it's still something to do)
>dex completion, which thanks to the lack of national dex is no longer insanely boring
Sure it's not tons of stuff but it's about as much as Emerald and nobody ever complains about Emerald's postgame.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.