[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game had a lot of potential and promises for it. Now it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 348255-Pokkenlarge.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
348255-Pokkenlarge.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
This game had a lot of potential and promises for it. Now it's dead as fuck outside of Japan. What happened /vp/? Do you still play it?
>>
I never played it to begin with.
>>
It came out, people actually played it, and most people realized the game itself wasn't actually very fun.

Also local multiplayer on the Wii U version, the only one that exists in the west, is retarded.
>>
File: Dude.jpg (32KB, 498x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dude.jpg
32KB, 498x320px
I can't even bother myself to turn on my Wii U. I can't remember the last time I played it.

My TV in my room only has one HDMI port and I have to keep switching between my box and my Wii U if I want to use one or the other and well as turning the Wii U one every time.
>>
Just like every Pokemon game, it was widely popular for the first few months then played only by dedicated fans thereafter.

>Do you still play it?
No, Wii U died.

Switch Sequel when?
>>
>>32244163
>wasn't actually very fun
I thought it was fun. I enjoyed it more than any other fighter that's been released in the last few years. Though perhaps I'm just deluded in believing that simply because it's Pokemon.
>>
>>32244173
This, like every Pokemon game
>>
>>32244146
>What happened /vp/
Wii U sold like shit and died
>>
>>32244146
All the mons I hate made in the roster and none of the ones i like are in
>>
>>32244146
>Pokefags get mad because of the roster not being 90% fightings or having way too many marketing Pokemon
>FGC doesn't like it for not being incredibly similar to SF or Tekken
All they had to do was increase the roster size, not have 2 Pikachus/Mewtwos and make it a Tekken clone and it would have done much better. Maybe better single player as well.
>>
>>32244213
Tell me who you would have liked to be in, if not any that actually did. Curious, because I'm certain everyone would like at least one of the fighters.
>>
>>32244146
Field Phase is shit.
>>
>>32244146
Occasionally play it with friends at meet ups but aside from that I don't play it much.
That said it's had more use than other fighters in my collection.
>>
>>32244172
I remember when I had a TV with one port.
Just kept my PS3 in as a YouTube machine. Now I have 4 consoles and a TV with two ports and do the exact same thing with my PS4.
>>
>>32244146
I heard it's having a tournament soon tm
also no wonders it's fucking dead, it came out in a console that didn't sell well at all and the updates were keep on the arcade machine and never released in the wii u.
>>
I don't know how prevelant this is since i figure most people dedicated to the game have training partners and such, but training mode in the game was a disappointment. All it needs is a record/playback function for the dummy. As it is now, i have no way to test things out other than online, which is obviously less than ideal. Really killed my motivation to improve.

If they do another attempt at an action/fighting game, i would honestly prefer a simpler game with a much larger roster, since my only interest at this point is playing casually. I have other fighting games to get autistically into anyway.
>>
For the first attempt at a Pokemon fighting game it was pretty good, I definitely expect a sequel. I enjoyed it and still play it occasionally but it has problems. Mainly the weak single player and shitty local play. It also needed to drop the two clones and put the DLC characters in from the start (or at least now for free).
>>
I love Pokémon and I love Tekken, both of them being the first games I played on their platforms (Red and Tekken 3). It saddens me that they had to add that shitty 2D>3D>2D mechanic instead of being just 2D like Tekken.
Also never played it because I didn't buy that shitty console, but just from seeing videos of the game, I lost interest in it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.