[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why i think Kalos will be the next main game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 68

File: kalos.png (362KB, 380x523px) Image search: [Google]
kalos.png
362KB, 380x523px
(1/2) The fanbase is torn between thinking next main game will be Alola 2, Kanto revisit or Sinnoh remakes. While all of these are viable they'e also very predictable. A return to a region from previous generation, the one that still feels very unfinished would be a lot more surprising

But thats not all of course. Lets go through other hints or reasons
>AZ Floette in the code of SM. Its still there for some reason while Cosplay Pikachu for example no longer exists in SM code. Moreover Light Of Ruin got updated animation
>Zygarde. Sina and Dexio tell you Zygarde must have some reason to be in Alola, they even suggest we will find out what it is but we never do
>Resolution cave is a replica of Terminus Cave in Kalos. We dont know why or what is it for. Guzzlord (who resembles Zygarde a lot) is in there
>Sycamore discovered the Zygarde cube and gave the mission to collect cells and cores to Sina and Dexio, we dont know the goal of that mission though
>Samuel Oak claims Sycamore helped to invent Rotom Dex which means people in Kalos probably use those now too
>Masuda in August/September 2015 was traveling through Southern rance to "study". That sounds like a good moment to search for inspirations for the rumoured Southern Kalos in the games. Just to clarify: i know they've been fully working on SM at that point but you have to realize they start working on the games way before they anounce stuff. For example Ohmori was chosen to be director of ORAS in late 2012, that a year before XY was released. Pics

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/637532967410098177

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/639176248112058368
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638247970534649856
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638306298711314432
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638682782533840897
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638760395088375809
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638990205781848064
>>
>>32243903
You know what? Actually fitting putting the two worst regions together to create the ultimate shitshow.
>>
(2/2) >Ash-Greninja from the demo. Its possible its just a meaningless bonus mon but it also might be a sign like Torchic/mega Blaziken from XY was foreshadowing ORAS
>Y's Greninja from the manga was recently revealed to have Battle Bond as its ability whch is odd because the game description ties that ability with Ash. The mangaka wouldnt be so bold to use an ability that wouldnt make any sense without GF acceptance.
>SM manga is supposed to revolve around Zygarde (if the reveal art is to be believed)
>Megas not only werent removed but recently mega stones are prizes in competitions
>Necrozmas "head" looks like Perfect Zygardes

Screencap this. If im right, cool, if im wrong, well fuck me
>>
>claims Sycamore

He was ambiguous about who did it, I'd expect Clemont
>>
>>32243923
Sycamore has Rotom change formes boxes in his lab, its him
>>
>>32243938
So do Birch and Kukui. That doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>32243951
Sycamore has a whole lab of people working on inventions and he's more likely to be friends with Oak

But even if it was Clemont the point still stands: Kalos is probably using Rotom Dex now
>>
File: ec2.jpg (93KB, 650x470px) Image search: [Google]
ec2.jpg
93KB, 650x470px
>>32243903
>>
>>32243903

But this would mean recreating Kalos using the Alola art style and assets, which does not at all seem likely given the focus on aesthetics and beauty that was central to the identity of Kalos.
>>
>>32243987
They might do it in slightly different style. Gen 6 Kalos and Hoenn dont look the same
>>
>>32243987
It's not that had, they just have to desaturate the colours of everything.
>>
>>32243910
Just like what happened with /mlp/ and /pol/? An ultimate shitshow can always still be glorious, anon.
>>
File: 1488600315966.png (123KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
1488600315966.png
123KB, 600x797px
>>32243903
>tfw Serena returns
>>
>>32243903
>Moreover Light Of Ruin got updated animation
IT DID? Where can I see it??
>>
>>32243903
>>32243915
If you're right, we were both right, and we can await an awesome game that ties two whole generations together. If you're wrong, yeah I'd fuck you, you seem smart.
>>
>>32243915
>Y's Greninja from the manga was recently revealed to have Battle Bond as its ability whch is odd because the game description ties that ability with Ash.
Maybe the manga will give us a proper in-universe explanation as to what the fuck Ash-Greninja actually is. Or at least comes up with an explanation to its name.
>>
>>32244366
Maybe we'll see some Necrozma/Zygarde fusion?

Their heads look way too similar, its noticable to say the least
>>
>>32243903
Zygarde deserves better than just being a side quest and it still feels incomplete even with its new gimmick
>>
>>32244373
There is another dex entry that confirms pokemon have more than one name.
>>
>>32243903
This is sad, Z fags are unironically losing their grip on reality. You're becoming senile, seek help, I'm worried for you.
>>
>>32244384
>Maybe we'll see some Necrozma/Zygarde fusion?
That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've read all day.
>>
>>32244398
He says with absolutely zero arguments whatsoever.
>>
>>32243903
>>32243915
Don't forget the fact that we still don't know how Z-Crystals were made, where they come from or WHY they're named Z.
>>
>>32244406
I could write a thesys but OP going mental on his slippery slope is more than enough for an argument.
>>
>>32244412
You mean OP making a simple list of basic evidence to support his theory? I know you're only trying to bait, but you're honestly doing a really poor job. At least shit out somethig that makes sense to say.
>>
>>32243954
>>32243951
>>32243938
>>32243923
>>32243903
RotomDex was created by Trevor, guys
>>
>>32243903
That's cool. I personally don't think we'll have Kalos next, but that's just me. The information you provided does connect Kalos and Alola, but there is just as much, if not more, connecting Alola and Kanto. You can, without any problem, chalk it up as just references. I highly doubt we would visit the same Region two Generations in a row. I have no real guess on what the next games might be, as there's enough reason for them to be Alola 2, Kanto, Sinnoh, new games or as you believe, Kalos. There's enough information pointing everywhere.
>>
File: third legendary progression.png (1MB, 3253x1765px) Image search: [Google]
third legendary progression.png
1MB, 3253x1765px
>>32244384
>Necrozma/Zygarde fusion
Nah
>>
>>32243903
Zygarde looks like it is finished. It got its new gimmick(s) and a somewhat of a open-ended conclusion thanks to Sina and Dexio's comments, though for better or worse it'll probably just stay in limbo. GF barely utilized it, Zygarde could of fought the UBs since they are threats to the ecosystem that it is supposed to protect, but that didn't happen and it looks and feels rushed (the side quest) with a little band aid fix added to it as well.

And that the perfect form isn't permanent is just a kick to the balls in terms of wasted awesome design and dominance among its trio only to be a "just in battle gimmick"
>>
File: rainbow Necrozma Zygarde.png (655KB, 790x520px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow Necrozma Zygarde.png
655KB, 790x520px
>>32244455
>Guzzlord as Zygarde is based on european mythology
>they are dragons
>HP monsters
>giant mouth in their chest
>Zygarde is Earth and the order and Guzzlord is based on Hala demons wich try to eat earth and even sun and moon, causing eclipses (which would mean the end of the world should they succeed)
>according to myths hala demons are humalike or snakelike or even female dragon, as Zygarde' forms
>even if lore-wise Guzzlord seems to be the strongest UB, it needs an upgrade because is pretty weak, as Zygarde and Kyurem were before
>Zygarde and Necrozma are obviously linked to rainbows
>Zygarde is the Earth, our planet, Necrozma is the emptyness from an outher space
>Zygarde is the order pokemon, Necrozma's back symbol is known as a chaos star
>Zygarde's cave shares pattern with Guzzlord's cave and Necrozma's zone (Ten Carat Hill)
>Zygarde and Necrozma seems to be linked to Z crystals
>Zygarde and Necrozma are linked to the rainbow
>7 colors of rainbow
>7 trial captains with 7 different hair colors
>7 PokeRides with 7 different colors for the frames
>7 trials
>7 Minior forms
>7 UB
>7 generations

All comes together in the next game, Pokémon Prism and Pokémon Cube with Necrozma-Guzzlord and Perfect Zygarde as Chaos pokémon and Order pokémon.
>>
File: 1483499683306.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1483499683306.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
>>32244520
gonna screencap this just in case m8
>>
File: Rainbow.png (380KB, 736x524px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow.png
380KB, 736x524px
>>32244520
ALL COMES FUCKING TOGETHER
>>
Fuck I hope we get a game this year.

We had Super Mystery Dungeon to play in 2015 at least.
>>
Ya know, there could be some legit merit to this idea. GF is all about surprises and doing unexpected things now. Returning to Kalos to tie up loose ends once and for fucking all would be nice.

But...I feel like Alola is also unfinished. It's almost like we'd need to be able to visit both Kalos and Alola to truly finish them off. But both regions are pretty far away from each other...the only way we'd be able to traverse both regions (something GF has not done in forever, but are at least capable of doing so) would be a portal.

Is there a moon dial somewhere in Alola? That could act as a portal spot to Anistar City through the sun dial.
>>
Only moon dial i can think of is the Moon altar/lake depending on the version. Though odds would be the lake is the canon moon dial.
>>
File: Pokemon Rainbow.png (2MB, 1944x1468px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Rainbow.png
2MB, 1944x1468px
>>32244520
ALL
COMES
TOGETHER
>>
>>32244896
the symbolism zygarde has is neat, shame its last form isnt permanent though
>>
>>32244452
You're right about Kanto and im still thinking it is a posibility however my problem with Kanto is that they basically shove it down your throat in SM. There's soooo many Kanto refrences that it makes me think a Kanto game, right after SM, would be too obvious. Its not even teasing, its all over the game. Its makes it way too predictable, speically for GF standards
>>
File: 29ql6xh.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
29ql6xh.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
>>32244656
>the only way we'd be able to traverse both regions would be a portal
>>
>>32244656
They could literally just add an airport in a new route/town or anything for travel.
>>
I really hope so, Kalos and XY are fucking pieces of shit so if a Z of some kind does come out to redeem them I'd be happy.

Plus, I think GF learned from how godawful XY's writing was, which will be another improvement.
>>
>>32244419
This isn't evidence, it's a list of Kalos references in games that reference every region (some much more so than Kalos) and still somehow thinking that southern Kalos is a thing that will happen.

It isn't happening and don't shit up /vp/ with your whining when it doesn't.
>>
>>32245144
>"This isn't evidence, it's a list of Kalos references"
>AZ Floette still in Sun and Moon
>Light of Ruin's animation has been updated
>Zygarde has a homebase in Alola identical to the one in Kalos
>Sina and Dexio outright states that something big is going to happen with Zygarde
>Masuda was travelling Southern France to "study" while post-XY games were in early development
>"""""it's a list of Kalos references"""""
>>
>people still too stupid to understand what "southern Kalos" is
>>
>>32245281
Really hope Sina & Dexio's comment about Zygarde is actually something legit and is going to amount to something instead of just ending up as filler. Like, similar to Kyurem and its other variations it'd be nice if you (the player) actually somehow get the 100% as its own separate and changeable form, though its pretty unlikely. The Zygarde Cube is really underutilized and it could of been used to this very purpose after fetching all the cells for Zygarde imo.
>>
File: 1489512049780.jpg (761KB, 906x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489512049780.jpg
761KB, 906x1280px
>>32244520
Guzzlord's too comedic to be of any major importance
>>
>>32243987
they recreated fucking Kanto 4 times in 4 different gens

updating Kalos to gen 7 standards will be nothing considering they'll be reusing a lot of existing assests
>>
There was one youtube video that suggested that Zygarde was in Alola because Aether was using its cells as a base for Type-Full, hence its canine appearance. Not all of the cells were used, however, and many escaped.
>>
>>32245405
It would be possible if it wasnt for the Resolution Cave. That cave looking like Terminus Cave means there's more to Zygarde in Alola than any cell shenanigans
>>
>>32244373
Ash-Greninja is named like this because besides three ninjas from fucking ninjatown in middle of France nobody else even knows the fuck is this.
And especially not the kids who got to coin the name.

Going by what we learnt in XYZ animu Battle-Bond might have been primitive precursor to mega evolution, especially since there's one canon Battle-Bond 'ninja from past times.
>>
>>32245428
I've always assumed that the Zygarde cell quest was originally a lategame/postgame thing and that was the area where you triggered it. At some point the staff realized that it made more sense to let the player start it early in the game, so they just had the NPCs pop out of nowhere early in the game and give you the Zygarde cube.
>>
>>32245445
The anime isn't canon you fucktard. I was talking about the games' universe when I said I wanted them to give an explanation to why it's named Ash-Greninja.
>>
>>32245541
>The anime isn't canon
I wish
>>
>>32245541
you stupid or what.
it's animu tie-in, of course it has to reference animu.

It's named Ash-ninja because some Ash discovered that ability and got the new form named after him.
Said Ash being animu Ash as of now is only sensible conclusion, which also explains why it's given from demo.
>>
>>32245569
>as of now
This is exactly what I meant. I want a final reason to why it's called Ash-Greninja, so we don't have to "assume" and create our own explanations like "The games have their own version of Ash who also picked Froakie and also discovered the Ash-Greninja form and also had it named after him, yet hasn't been part of anything major in the game universe like he has in the anime universe".
>>
>>32245379
>Comedy Relief Dragon
>>
>>32243903
>>32243915
>>32244411
I'd like to add something as well; Magearna.
Magearna is literally a miniature Ultimate Weapon, which is strange seeing as Sun and Moon have so little to do with it and Mega Evolution.
Magearna is officially stated to be made of Infinity Energy, the life energy used to power the Ultimate Weapon (which was name-given in ORAS).
Magearna's signature move Fleur Cannon is literally the Ultimate Weapon blast.
"Fleur" is also French for "flower", again referencing Kalos and the Ultimate Weapon's flower-like appearance (which it has because it's based on Eternal Floette).
Fleur Cannon is also strikingly similar to Eternal Floette's Light of Ruin appearance- and animation-wise.
Magearna is presumed to have been created by AZ in the games, which makes sense, and was given as a present to a king's daughter. We don't know which king, however, but seeing as the Ultimate Weapon was used to end a war between Kalos and another region, that Magearna was likely a peace offering, and that it was introduced in Sun and Moon (which even has a character who is a direct descendant of a Royal Family), it can be assumed that it was Alola that Kalos was at war with 3.000 years ago.
>>
>>32243903
>>32243915
>>32244411
>>32245671
I'm gonna be really fucking disappointed if all of this doesn't turn out to mean anything. I mean, I don't even necessarily need a Pokémon Z game, I just hate it when GameFreak fills the games with things that mean nothing on their own, but are clearly meant to link to something else, and then they never amount to anything. It's such a waste of potential and such a fucking cocktease.
>>
>>32245671
>>32244520
>>32243903
>Z Eclipse
I'd fucking come buckets if that was true.
>>
I know this is reaching but Necrozma is a Prism Pokemon thats refracting light. Lumiose City is "the city of light" and its tower is Prism Tower

Maybe we had Zygarde in Alola, Necrozma in Kalos?

Zygarde is the protector of Kalos. Maybe it sees Necrozma as a threat to Kalos, thats why it wet to Alola where Necrozma currently was
>>
Imagine if chubby Tierno turns from Quilladin to Chesnaught: from a chubby boy to manly bara hunk
>>
>>32243903
Weren't attack animations only updated so they would work with the new battle layout that has trainers on the field?
>>
>>32246145
Still, what would be the point of doing it for AZ Floette
>>
>>32243987
They remade Hoenn with gen 6 assets, kanto twice with gen 2 and 4 assets, Johto with gen 4 assets. I'm sure it won't be hard for them to do Kalos with gen 7 assets and some most likely borrowed from gen 6 models and assets.
>>
>>32244411
We don't know their origin, but we know why they're named Z. It comes from the japanese word "zenryoku" which means "full power".
>>
>>32245355
I think the way Zygarde forms work and are created in the game should have been reversed.
Like this: if you don't have all the cells, you can create a Zygarde 10% or 50% with Power Construct. It would transform by calling other cells from around the world (like it does in the anime).
When you get all the cells, then you'd be able to create a permanent Complete Zygarde with Aura Break while still being able to change between the 10% and the 50% forms at will (the logic being the cells would be stored in the cube again if you wanted to go from Complete to 10%, for example).
>>
I think that we will not return to Kalos so soon. It's Sinnoh Remakes, unless those are Gen 8 on 4DS or w\ever, then it will be a Sun 2 and Moon 2 - sequels not unlike Black 2 and White 2.

They will be set in Alola (with some Kalos postgame?) 2 years after SM1, and will star a trainer from Poni Island that challenges the Alola League, and gets a Cosmog that evolves into Cosmoem and then Necrozma, as well as the third Type: Null\Silvally.
>>
File: Zygarde Supreme Complete.jpg (328KB, 1280x1485px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde Supreme Complete.jpg
328KB, 1280x1485px
>>32246536
THIS
>>
>>32246949
What?
>>
>>32246431
But that's not the in-universe explanation, that's the fucking point.
>>
>>32246575
Yeah, no. SunX 2 & MoonY 2 is even more far-fetched than Z.
>>
File: 1488146936573.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488146936573.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>mfw this thread
CORO CORO WHEN
>>
>>32243903
Damn, Kalos really left a big hole in everyone.
>>
File: 86674535107077249172.jpg (144KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
86674535107077249172.jpg
144KB, 750x536px
>>32244520
>77777777777777
What are you saying, that the end of the world will come and we will have a fight with the Messiah?
>>
>>32246536
Maybe we'll get more Zygarde formes in the next games. I mean, Dexio basically putright confirms that Zygarde will play a big role in the next installments, and what better way to market an old Pokémon but by giving new formes? 5% Cat Forme, 25% Horse Forme and 75% Dragon Forme (all inspired by Norse Mythology of course) and finally some ultimate way to get Perfect Zygarde permanently or not
>>
>>32247203
I have a Kalos shaped hole in my Kalos shaped heart T^T
>>
File: 1480908038719.jpg (38KB, 474x497px) Image search: [Google]
1480908038719.jpg
38KB, 474x497px
I remember all the threads like this one hyping XY and SM with tons and tons of speculation.

And look where we are now. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me thrice, just fucking kill me already.

How haven't you people learned? How do you keep having hopes and expectations for Gamefreak when they've shown time after time that they will not deliver and have zero interest in even trying to do so?
>>
>>32247238
Having hope of something happening and having faith in it happening is not the same thing.

All of these clues, titbits and connections do very much exist, and I enjoy linking them to together to create a bigger picture of what could be. But that doesn't mean I actually believe that GameFreak will deliver. They never deliver.
>>
File: IMG_3506.png (414KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.png
414KB, 750x1334px
>>32247191
>>
>>32247216
Valhalla forme Zygarde lol

Regardless, really hope what Sina & Dexio are saying isn't just pure filler to end Zygarde's quest in SM with literally a conclusion that doesn't really have a decisive conclusion
>>
>>32244411
Zenryoku means full power

And we know where they come from. They're from Ultra Space. Solgaleo and Lunala bestowed Z-power to the Tapu in ancient times, and Nihilego could Z-power Lusamine's team when it fused with her.
>>
DEATH TO MASUDA, BRING SATOSHI BACK
Fucker pretends to be the OC of pokemon
>>
>>32247359
Who knows. Only because Zygarde is present in M doesnt mean he cant get a role in another game
Look at Groudon and Kyogre. They played roles in their own games and in they also were pretty significant in Emerald. Same with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW2

Zygarde didnt play any role in XY, had a side mission in SM. While having another go in next game isnt super likely its not impossible
>>
>>32243903
> We get Zygarde game

> Immediately after obnoxious Zygarde quest in sun and moon
>>
>>32247383
>Solgaleo and Lunala bestowed Z-power to the Tapu in ancient times
I'm gonna need a source on this.

>Nihilego could Z-power Lusamine's team when it fused with her
That's Beat Boost. They're related, if not the same, but we still don't know HOW THE CRYSTALS WERE MADE. Or why it's IN-UNIVERSE is called Z-power instead of just Beast Power or Ultra Power.
>>
>>32247420
>That's Beat Boost. They're related, if not the same
No. It's directly stated in game that Lusamine was surrounded in Z-power when she combined with Nihilego.
>>
File: MziKDo6gO7x8A.gif (425KB, 493x370px) Image search: [Google]
MziKDo6gO7x8A.gif
425KB, 493x370px
>>32243903
>Masuda in August/September 2015 was traveling through Southern rance to "study". That sounds like a good moment to search for inspirations for the rumoured Southern Kalos in the games. Just to clarify: i know they've been fully working on SM at that point but you have to realize they start working on the games way before they anounce stuff. For example Ohmori was chosen to be director of ORAS in late 2012, that a year before XY was released.
Please please game freak. Please pull this. I'm tired of those shitty unfinished games. It has been years. Just pull this shit out and get the 3ds era to have a great conclusion.
>>
>>32247408
Yeah hope Zygarde gets another shot in a future installment, but I hope it mechanically cahnge as in this new Zygarde isn't restricted by the Cube and can change forms freely
>>
>>32247437
>It's directly stated in game that Lusamine was surrounded in Z-power
I literally just went on YouTube to rewatch the battle against Lusamine, and that's a fucking lie. There's NO mention of anything like that whatsoever. She calls you an idiot, summons Nihilego, fuses with it and the battle begins. Her Pokémon have the Totem Aura, but there's no text indicating anything of what you've said.

Unless the game states it somewhere else, that is.
>>
>>32247492
It does state it later on, when you speak with Wicke. Right from the text files:
>You see... while we do not know if it was because of Nihilego’s neurotoxins, her fusion with that beast, or the strain of the Z-Power...[VAR 0114(0016)]
the ill effects of this episode on Madam Lusamine’s body and mind have been undeniable. She has hardly roused since.
>>
>>32247500
Hmm. Interesting. I find it odd that they would hide it like that. But still, the Z-Crystals have to have been made somehow. I don't care if they occur naturally in Ultra Space, or if Nihilego created them or if Zygarde did. I just want to know what did. Like with the Mega Stones. They have a story. I want a story here too.
>>
i hope necrozma's new form is as hot as perfect zygarde
>>
File: IMG_3345.jpg (95KB, 740x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3345.jpg
95KB, 740x754px
>>32247527
If it helps, Nihilego appears to be creating crystals or something when it combines with Lusamine in the concept art.

The game also talks about how Solgaleo and Lunala gifted the Tapu with a strange power... and Tapu Koko gives the player the bracelet and Tapunium Z after both of its encounters with Nebby.
>>
File: CUBE.png (1MB, 1024x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CUBE.png
1MB, 1024x1200px
>>32247216
>>32247359
>>32247461
Zygarde having 5 forms is perfect, it doesn't need more
>>
>>32247536
It's going to be hard to out-waifu Zygarde-Complete, but I have faith in GF.
>>
>>32247555
I always thought the concept art showed Nihilego stealing Lusamine's Z-Crystals.
>>
>>32247536
>Necrozma
>being as hot as perfect mommy
>>
>>32247575
5 are fine, though Kinda sad that it isn't possible to interact with the core(s) in amie and same goes for Complete form
>>
>>32247575
>He counts Cores and even Cells as proper alternate formes.
Come on now, the games don't even consider them proper Pokémon.
>>
>>32247585
It could also be that. Lusamine doesn't seem like somebody who did the island challenge though. She's like an outsider who runs a business.
>>
>>32247584
>I have faith in GF.
For your own sake, don't.
>>
>>32247603
Cores and cells still different forms of the entity that Zygarde is
>>
File: i aint havin that.png (278KB, 447x355px) Image search: [Google]
i aint havin that.png
278KB, 447x355px
>>32247584
>>32247594
>female zygarde
>>
>>32247626
>perfect Zygarde
>not an actual godness

Anon...
>>
>>32247608
Implying a crazy bitch-- I mean... a rich and empowered, high-ranking woman like Lusamine didn't just go and take them herself or buy them from someone else? I mean, 50% of the Z-Crystals the player obtains are just laying on fucking ground in various places. And Guzma had no trouble collecting an entire treasure chest of Bug type Z-Crystals either.
>>
>>32244520
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
Well I think the next games take place in the Sevii Islands. Because if you go to the Ruins of Conflict, stand ten feet away from it, and squint really hard, it vaguely resembles the Network Machine from FRLG.
>>
>Zygarde
>Necrozma

screencap this
>>
>>32248131
kek
>>
File: XD.jpg (95KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
XD.jpg
95KB, 459x500px
>tfw no Orre
>>
File: Sun & Moon Chapter.jpg (878KB, 1280x1851px) Image search: [Google]
Sun & Moon Chapter.jpg
878KB, 1280x1851px
>>32243915
>SM manga is supposed to revolve around Zygarde
I can't wait for see perfect Z in the manga
>>
>reposting
>10% would be based on Fenrir's offspring, Sköll and Hati (wolves which persecute Sol, sun god, and Mani, moon godness) not only one single wolf just like the anime shows two different "incarnations" of Zygarde (Z1 and Z2)
>Same about 50% forme being based not only on Jörmungandr but Nidhögg too, since both are giant serpent creatures.
>100% is based on Hel/Hela godness, supposed to be "half live and half dead", half beautiful and half horrible, she represents how reach the perfection combining opposite forces (that's why Zygarde's wings represent Xerneas and Yveltal's colors). "HeLa" casually is the name of a cell type in an immortal cell line used in scientific research, the oldest and most commonly used human cell line.

>Plus, Zygarde's rainbow chest is based on Bifröst, the bridge between Midgard and Asgard. Since Xerneas represents Midgar's deer and Yveltal Asgard's eagle, Zygarde's rainbow is supposed to be the bridge between life and death (its chest also looks like the french flag when is closed, but is clearly a rainbow when is open, and the rainbow also represents diversity, the whole and complete color spectrum, and rainbow is also a hawaian/alolan national symbol as we can see in SM).

Now name a better legendary you can't
>>
>>32247626
>having this much shit taste
>>
ALL COMES...
>>
File: guzzlord original.jpg (46KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
guzzlord original.jpg
46KB, 356x356px
>>32244520
The next game to come out will be named Pokemon Eclipse, though. I guess that fits in with the Hala demon part
>>
>>32244355
Just inject it lol
>>
File: 1446705777679.png (180KB, 514x516px) Image search: [Google]
1446705777679.png
180KB, 514x516px
>>32243903
It's honestly more neat that the fact that NecroZma and Zygarde have a fairly similar crown shape going on. Very interesting.
>>
>>32249443
This is very interesting as the XY chapter of the mange is also all about Zygarde rn
>>
>>32251270
I am inclined to do so, but I was hoping I could just watch a video with it as that's quicker. I haven't touched Sun in like 4 months.
>>
File: 1487674413952.png (104KB, 229x229px) Image search: [Google]
1487674413952.png
104KB, 229x229px
>>32244520
>>
>>32245671
This theory has an actual historical support

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_Affair
>>
File: worry.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>32244520
>>32250018
>>32243903
>>32243915
>>
File: ncr ranger thumbs up.png (2MB, 2869x1525px) Image search: [Google]
ncr ranger thumbs up.png
2MB, 2869x1525px
>>32244520
>7 lines of 7
Nice touch
>>
File: 1490273331891.png (357KB, 542x436px) Image search: [Google]
1490273331891.png
357KB, 542x436px
>>32251337
I NEVER KNEW

THIS HAS TO BE ADDED TO THE Z PORTFOLIO
>>
File: its happening.jpg (47KB, 619x490px) Image search: [Google]
its happening.jpg
47KB, 619x490px
>>32251337
>Britain mentioned
GEN8 CONFIRMED POKEBRITAIN
>>
>>32251337
I don't get how is this related to Magearna
>>
The twist in this might be that GF make everybody think we're done with Kalos because we just started new gen so nobody really expected return to Kalos anytime soon. People are focused on otherr regions (Alola. Kanto, Sinnoh) while GF could surprise us and then we'd realised the signs we're there all that times

Of course other regions are stil more than viable
>>
>>32251485
I mean desu, right now almost everything is possible. Kanto remakes, Kanto sequels, Sinnoh remakes, Kalos third release, Kalos sequels, Alola third release, Alola sequels, Kalos/Alola dual game, or a new region altogether.
>>
>>32251008
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>32243903
What if the zygarde in SM still is incomplete? like, the cube feels rather odd to be the key to assemble zygarde's perfect form, feels rather unnatural, literally a pokemon built off of cells and cores naturally across the ecosystem somehow needs a human made item to assemble its complete form is odd for it imo

Though, I get that the cube is needed to collect the cells for gameplay reasons along with the side quest story. Although there certainly are more cells out there, but for gameplay reasons they are not available I guess, but that the cube with 100 cells only grants zygarde power construct instead of its complete form is also rather disappointing and still makes it feel incomplete
>>
>>32251337
But wait!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Albany

>Cassidy's group took Saint Martin-de-Varreville by 06:30, sent a patrol under Staff Sergeant Harrison C. Summers to seize the "XYZ" objective, a barracks at Mésières
>>
>>32251631
What really bothers me as well is the fact that you can just keep on making Zygardes forever. There's no limit, you don't even need Cores to make a Zygarde. The whole Zygarde mechanic is utter bullshit.
>>
File: 1487024502569.png (136KB, 483x444px) Image search: [Google]
1487024502569.png
136KB, 483x444px
>>32247203
At the rate this is going, Z is going to be the next HOENN CONFURRMD, if it isn't already
>>
>>32247203
Gamefreak have been planning both gens since 2013 and earlier, its not just Kalos that left a hole. Shits gone nowhere, likely is going nowhere, when they coule easily have creates a multigenerational storyline that doesn't require too mucb knowledge of the precious games for newcomers, while creating an interesting basis for a universal lore instead of the isolationalist bullshit that is convey3d for eqch region in each game. ORAS tried and failed this, HARD, and now SM has some major wtf moments ignoring large chunks of supposed lore introduced with gen 6.
>>
>>32251804
Hoenn remakes were obvious. The only question was when we'd get them. That's not the case with Z. We may never get that game at all.
>>
File: 22939-hey-you-pikachu.jpg (156KB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
22939-hey-you-pikachu.jpg
156KB, 700x298px
You're all wrong! The next games will actually be a sequel to Hey You Pikachu!
>>
>>32251820
>ORAS tried and failed this, HARD
No it didn't. ORAS did a really good job at connecting the Hoenn lore to the Kalos lore. The games may not have been good, but the lore was objectively well crafted and integrated into the "Gen 6 story-arc".
>>
>>32251828
People were using the "you can already catch everything in RSEFRLGDPPtHGSSBWBW2" excuse and the fact that the Hoenn remakes didn't happen directly before or after BW2 lead many to believe it's ogre. Even then Masuda admitted they weren't planning on remaking RS and only buckled down due to the fan pressure on social media.
>>
>>32251779
It kinda makes its legendary status somewhat redundant, so I'd guess that GF gonna change this next gen and make Zygarde more elusive and only let the player be able to keep 1 Zygarde built from the cube or whatever key item they implement or as usual do barely anything lol
>>
>>32251838
They retconned in the course of one year the origin of the mega stones. Sure, its excellent in regards to everything else and with the Fallers it supplants the theory that the MegaVerse is indeed not the GBADS Universe, but it still makes no sense how mega stones came both from the energy of the ultimate weapon and from meteoroid shards, unless headcanon is utilized and said meteoroids were irradiated with said energy. And even THEN, its still not explained why Xerneas and Yveltal are excellent sources of energy for the UW, how they tie into infinite energy, if Zygarde even factors into that etc. Further more, Z Crystals are created from Ultra Space radiation, which seems to be a parallel energy source to Earths infinity energy, so there might even be a connection there as well.
>>
>>32251842
>Even then Masuda admitted they weren't planning on remaking RS and only buckled down due to the fan pressure on social media
That's a lie. GameFreak had openly said that they ignore fan feedback exactly for this very reason. Plus it makes no sense either. ORAS development started shortly after BW2, as soon as XY went from the concept phase to the programming phase, ORAS entered its own concept phase. So unlesd this "peer pressure" you're talking about happened during the BW1 era, it cannot be true.
>>
File: nature energy.png (2MB, 854x1441px) Image search: [Google]
nature energy.png
2MB, 854x1441px
>>32251863
>They retconned in the course of one year the origin of the mega stones
Huh no never happened

>unless headcanon is utilized and said meteoroids were irradiated with said energy
But that's what happened, don't you remember how is even mentioned that Rayquaza lives in the stratosphere eating meteors which allow him megaevolve?
Megastones are created by nature energy, which comes from Xerneas, Yveltal and the Earth itself (so clearly Zygarde as well). Or just the Ultimate Weapon fuelled by Xerneas/Yveltal energy.
>>
>>32251893
It did happen during the BW1 era, and reached terminal cancer levels during BW2. People were looking for red-blue color clues on shit like the PWT buidling. It was pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>32251863
>>32251863
>They retconned in the course of one year the origin of the mega stones.
No they didn't. They explicitly state that the Mega Stones that came from the meteor was created when said meteor was hit by the Ultimate Weapon 3.000 years ago. So the origin is exactly the same. Deoxys was even retconned to have been born from the Ultimate Weapon's beam along with those Mega Stones.

>And even THEN, its still not explained why Xerneas and Yveltal are excellent sources of energy for the UW
Yes it was. In XY. Xerneas has infinite life energy and Yveltal has stolen god knows how many lifetimes from other people and Pokémon. "Infinity Energy" is literally just a fancy name for ordinary life energy. And Xerneas and Yveltal have more than plenty of that.

And that argument doesn't even have anything to do with ORAS. It's an XY complaint you have there.

>if Zygarde even factors into that
That's a question for the future games, when the "Zygarde arc" is done.

>Further more, Z Crystals are created from Ultra Space radiation, which seems to be a parallel energy source to Earths infinity energy, so there might even be a connection there as well.
That's a nice theory. But again, it has nothing to do with ORAS. Literally only the first few lines of your reply was even relevant to my post.
>>
>>32251913
>Megastones are created by nature energy, which comes from Xerneas, Yveltal and the Earth itself
No they're not. You're confusing Megas with Primals. "Primal Energy" is the natural energy that flows within the planet. "Mega Energy", or "Infinity Energy", is the life energy found in all living beings, which Xerneas and Yveltal has an excessive amount of due to their abilities (immortality and stealing life).
>>
>>32251920
Sure, /vp/ was fucked up. Other places presumably too. But just how much of that do you honestly think actually reached GameFreak? They don't even speak English ffs.
>>
>>32251945
>You're confusing Megas with Primals
Nope, both are fuelled by the same energy. When the nature energy was released in Hoenn, the whole region was revitalized and new pokemon and megastones appeared. Wally's cousin even said a galladite just appeared in the garden the nigth after the green lights fell on Hoenn region (when the nature energy was scattered).
Nature energy is the energy that flows within the planet and inside every living thing, and can be used for Groudon and Kyogre to become Primal but this same energy can become megastones to allow pokemon evolve further beyond (megaevolution). Xerneas, Yveltal and clearly Zygarde are just capable to generate that energy, the energy of the planet and life, and the Ultimate Weapon just use a lot of this energy from more living creatures, regular pokemon (which would die) and Xerneas/Yveltal as the main source of the energy.
>>
>>32251937
It'd be nice to finally get a 3rd game for once, if not just something that will have to deal with Zygarde as a more prominent part of the narrative along with hopefully changing how it works.

It's really anticlimactic that once you've collected all the cells you don't get the perfect form, so would be great if the cube acted similar to the meteorite that affects Deoxys, just with Zygarde and all of its forms.
>>
You will have to wait until Gen 12 or something when X and Y are remade
>>
>>32251977
Does that mean.. that the Earth is A POKÉMON???
>>
>>32251977
Maybe the reason why Sun and Moon ignored the lore introduced in XY and ORAS was because they wanted to shed as much light on this "new" kind of energy, Ultra Energy, so they can use it as an opposite to Infinity Energy (primal and life energy; natural energy) in the next games? Maybe that's the reason why Zygarde's Cores represent XY and SM; it represents both Natural- and Ultra Energy!
>>
>>32251977
Then what's the difference between Mega Stones and Primal Orbs? If both can be made with the same energy?
>>
>>32251937
I don't really remember too much detail, so if its actually stated, then I will correct myself, and reconsider the lore of gen 6. And yeah, I kinda went into a rant at the end there sorry. So basically, 3000 years ago, weapon was fired, and irradiated the meteors surrounding the Earth. Some time later they started falling to the Earth, having megas show up. But even then, if the events of ORAS means that their scarcity ends because said meteoroids start falling to the Earth after the events of Episode Delta, then even with gameplay story segregation is taken into account, its ridiculous that said scarcity seen in XY is even a thing. Of course it does give a good excuse for them, Alola/Kalos or wherever can have a meteor shower, and boom new megas in that region.

As for the rest of ORAS, as I said, I really didn't have an issue. Fallers now exist, the Megaverse should have parallel events that resemble the 2DVerse, primals make sense as legendaries tapping into the engery source they are part of is a cool angle they should definitely continue with(Z Powered Cosmoen or Necrozma needs to happen), and I feel the Fallers will definitely tie into a bigger plot sometime.
>>
>>32243903
But next region is Kanto and Alola, anon. They need to sell you a new console.

- Many ties in Alola left unresolved, not going to list them
- Lillie went to Kanto "we'll see each other again" meme.
- Veteran in Nugget Bridge talking about TR, wondering what happened to them.

If that's not foreshadowing, what is?
>>
>>32252241
You're talking about going to switch while next game most likely will be still 3DS

GF recently was recruiting new people so that means they're either just started or are about to start work on Switch game
>>
>>32252241
We were supposed to see Zinnia again but she is nowhere in SM. Same shit as Lillie.
>>
>>32252238
3.000 years ago, AZ fired the Ultimate Weapon to end a war. Here 2 things happens:

1) The laser goes into space and comes back down, destroying both sides of the war. The blast irradiated tons of evolutionary stones in Kalos and turned them into Mega Stones and Key Stones.

2) The laser, on its way out into space and back to Earth again, hit a meteor, which created Mega Stones and Key Stones on said meteor, and it was sent into orbit. It would return every 1.000 years, each time a big chunk of it would break off and crash into Hoenn, bringing Mega Stones and Key Stones to the region. The third time it came back, in the Delta Episode, the entire meteor ended up falling towards the planet. We learn the reason why the meteor kept returning was because Deoxys wanted to go to the Sky Pillar for reasons still unknown and still cockteased about.

So yeah, both XY's and ORAS' "Mega Evolution origin stories" are correct. However you are correct in the fact that Kalos acting like Mega Evolution is a completely new concept and pretending that only Kalos has Mega Stones is utter bullcrap, as the events in Hoenn takes place YEARS before the events in Kalos.

I also hope that they use the whole "Ultra Space Energy" thing for something more in the future as well. Maybe the reason Zygarde is supposedly very prominent in both Kalos and Alola is because those two regions are the origin points of Infinity (Natural) Energy and Ultra (Z-Power) Energy.
>>
>>32252188
No but Earth (at least PokéEarth) is a living thing

>>32251130
>Eclipse
Too predictable, not happening.
>>
>>32251953
The japanese were just as crazy about Hoenn remakes as us. I remember the 2ch screencaps from that time involved some ridiculous Jirachi alt form rumour and a bunch of Nips harassing Masuda on twitter.
>>
>>32243903
>Masuda in August/September 2015 was travelling through Southern France to "study".
>https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/637532967410098177
I honestly think this is the most solid argument there is. Unless Masuda is also working on another, non-Pokémon related game that revolves around Southern France, this can literally only mean that we will go back to Kalos either this generation or the next.
>>
>>32252306
>Nips can make Pokémon games happen if they just whine enough about it
LET THE MEME MAGIC COMMENCE! I SUMMON THE ALMIGHTY GODDESS OF TEARS TO BEND TIME AND GAMEFREAK'S WILL IN ORDER TO CREATE THE BEST POKÉMON GAME TO DATE! LET OUR PREDICTIONS OF ZYGARDE BE TRUE!!!
>>
>>32252320
I SUMMON NIPS OF HIROSHIMA IN ATTACK MODE OBLITERATE!!!
>>
>>32252235
Idk, what's the difference between a Lucarionite and a Scizorite if both can be made with the same energy?
>>
>>32252289
>Same shit as Lillie
>a postgame character that several people legitimately hated is as relevant as an extremely popular co-protagonist who everyone loves
Really makes me think
>>
Do you think we will see more Mega stones if Kalos makes a come back?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1277x684px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1277x684px
>>32252348
The difference (that I propose) is that when a Mega Stone is created, it becomes "linked" with the Pokémon whose life energy was used to create it. The difference between Lucarionites and Scizorites would be the origin of the Infinity Energy that created the stones, in these cases being Lucarios and Scizors.

In the case of Mewtwo and the Latis, I suppose that they came into contact with "unlinked" Mega Stones and became linked to them through physical contact.

I used to think that the same applied for Primal Orbs. They become linked with the Pokémon their powers were absorbed from. But if there's no difference between Infinity Energy and Primal Energy, then shouldn't the Primal Orbs act identical to Mega Stones, and shouldn't the Primals then be Megas?? This is what confuses me.
>>
>>32252358
I liked Zinnia. She was my favourite character in ORAS.

But I do tend to like insane and mentally crazy characters in general, so maybe that's why.
>>
>>32252360
They said in an interview that they were done with the Mega Evolution concept. Completely.

However, they've been proven to lie in interviews multiple times before, where they say one thing and a few years later they do the opposite.

So idk. I hope so.
>>
>>32252397
Literally the only good thing about Zinnia is that she's hot. Other than that, everything else about her is shit and you have shit taste for liking her.
>>
>>32252403
I wouldn't say that's lying so much as changing their mind.

If they feel that have more ideas for Mega stuff, they'll do it.
>>
>>32252403
Flygon & Milotic certainly deserved Megas and besides there are probably at least some concept art for alternative megas that didn't make it
>>
>>32252404
I honestly don't give a shit about her "hotness". I like characters who have troubled pasts and have suffered mentally from it. I find the entire theme extremely fascinating, and I found it so hilarious when Zinnia apologized for knocking the player out on Sky Pillar to advance time. I like crazy quirks, and I like intelligent characters too. Zinnia has the perfect mix of insanity and intelligence to make her likeable for me, despite her "know it all" attitude that comes through when she interacts with Steven and the scientists (which I think is why people hate her so much? I honestly don't know, people never give actual reasons for hating her that doesn't also go for like 20% of all other Pokémon characters).
>>
>>32252428
Flygon was actually meant to have gotten a Mega Evolution back in XY, but it was scrapped because the artist assigned to it got artist's block.

And Milotic has the same reason for getting a Mega as many other Pokémon has: it's counterpart has a Mega. Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass, Milotic, Zoroark, Dragonite, Hydreigon, Goodra, the rest of the starters and probably more all have counterparts that have Megas but they don't have Megas themselves.
>>
>>32252430
>I honestly don't give a shit about her "hotness"
Gay
>>
>>32252444
And?
>>
>>32252444
>He's not attracted to chibi video game girls, he must be gay!
>>
>>32252388
I think when it comes to primals, it has to do with the species. Unlike the Lati and Mewtwo which are rare abnormally strong Pokemon, Groudon and Kyogre are actually manefistations of the planet or the actual universe. This includes Rayquaza, whose Mega makes sense as it basically has a functioning body organ which creates the same reaction between key stones and mega stones. Where as Groudon and Kyogre are single entities to the planet, with stones that are basically the planets specific lifeforce of the Earth and the ocean concetrated, if that makes sense. So primals are an extent of the concept of legendaries, in that because by extent they ARE the planet, primal evolution is by extent the Earth's Mega Evolution. Which is why for example, a Primal Dialga and Palkia can happen, or a Primal Xerneas and Yveltal can make sense, with them being the physical manefistation of Time and Space, Life and Death, but Primal Zekrom and Reshiram, or Primal Regis do not, as one group is a splinter of one inorganic alien life form, and the othera are man made constructs. In this same case, Primal Regigigas or Primal Hooh and Lugia can make sense as Regigigas is a manefistation of the Earth to create continents, or the Duo being a more natural representation of the Sun and Moon, but the Birds or the Beasts cannot get primals. Which makes me also wonder if Arceus can get a primal, or something totally exclusive as its basically god, and the current forme is likely something for humans to understand.
>>32252403
>>
>>32252388
My headcanon is that primal orbs were created when Mega-Rayquaza (according to Zinnia's granmother) forced Groudon and Kyogre to back to their normal state with its Delta Stream, and orbs are the materialization of the nature energy released of their bodies. Usually Groudon and Kyogre only can use their primal forms absorbing nature energy from Earth, but thanks to Mega-Rayquaza intervention, the energy in Groudon's body at that moment became the red orb, and same about Kyogre and the blue orb, making possible for both ancient pokemon return to their primal forms just absorbing that orb of energy instead search for another "well" of nature energy as they has been doing since the beginning of Earth (which also works with ORAS, when Groudon/Kyogre never had its orb equiped but still went primal because it absorbed nature energy from the cave of origin).

So I think primal orbs are just raw nature energy affected by Groudon and Kyogre in that special way because they are actually special (the only pokemon capable to absorb nature energy to become stronger), while megastones are result of raw nature energy affected by other pokemon in a regular way.
>>
>>32252466
Forgot to mention the post I quoted. Yeah, they said they are done, but 3 years earlier in their intro the point of megas was said to be so that they can show off a next level for all final stagers. They operate on a whim by whim basis, its infuriating.
>>
>>32252466
>as one group is a splinter of one inorganic alien life form
The Original Dragon is not alien. People just thought Kyurem was because it fell and crashed after the OD split.

>and the others are man made constructs
The Regis were retconned to have been made by Regigigas as living representations of the stages of the planet's life. The Stone Age, the Ice Age and the Bronze/Iron Age, and they (presumably) helped Regigigas doing what it does.
>>
>>32252430
>I honestly don't know, people never give actual reasons for hating her that doesn't also go for like 20% of all other Pokémon characters
This
Some parts of her logic are pretty shitty and stupid, but not even as stupid as every other character's logic in Pokemon (she's even some wise compared to most of characters)
Fuck vp, I love Zinnia, she was great and she made Delta Episode great (and I don't care how much Japan hates her because they're just scared of sexually agresive women, as they are with Olivia)
>>
>>32252467
That was my headcanon too, until another Anon in this thread said that the natural energy that the Primals use and the life energy that Megas use are the exact same energy.
>>
>>32252482
>Japan hates her because they're just scared of sexually agresive women, as they are with Olivia
They seriously hate Olivia for the same reason they hate Zinnia? But they're fucking nothing alike?? What the hell?
>>
>>32252487
But I'm the anon you mention... that's why I said
>I think primal orbs are just raw nature energy affected by Groudon and Kyogre in that special way because they are actually special (the only pokemon capable to absorb nature energy to become stronger), while megastones are result of raw nature energy affected by other pokemon in a regular way.
>>
>>32252491
Oh, I think I get it now. So it's just Groudon and Kyogre who are special snowflakes then.

I mean, I currently can't see any other explanation myself either, so it might as well be the case.
>>
>>32252509
>they literally drink Earth's blood to "megaevolve"
Yeah I guess that the fact of they are really special is obvious
Still cool if you ask me
>>
>>32252403
[Citation needed]

Though I got a feeling I'm replying to another butthurt anti mega fag who unironically thought Megas were getting retconned in SM
>>
>>32252674
Your gut feeling is completely off then. I actually like Megas, and was disappointed that they didn't get any love in SM.

Also, here is your citation:
"[...] if a game comes up in future that we think [Mega Evolutions] would work really well with, certainly we'll look into it... But for the minute we don't have any particular plans."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-19-pokemon-boss-explains-why-sun-and-moon-move-away-from-mega-evolution

It's not the same website I saw the interview on back when it was conducted, but the quotes are the same. Of all the games they have on the drawing board right now (or at that time, which goes at least 6-10 years into the future), none of them involves new Mega Evolutions. But as other Anons have mentioned, they change their mind literally all the time. So who knows.
>>
>>32252715
Wow, so it's fucking nothing then.
>>
>>32252715
So basically they said "we didnt want megas in SM but we cant say anything about future games yet"
>>
>>32252740
They said they didn't want megas in sun/moon NOR any other game they already have on their development-list. That means if megas are to return it'll happen (according to Masuda) after all the current games on their to-do are done. So like in 10 years time.
>>
>>32252842
Bullshit, they cant say anything firm about future games. Its like they said customization was a Kalos thing. Surprise, surprise guess whats in Alola
>>
>>32252869
They said costumization was going to be XY-exclusive? When did that fucking happen?
>>
>>32252875
In ORAS interview

They often say stuff thats convenient to them at that moment. Them saying in SM interview they have no plans for megas means they dont have plans for them in SM, nothing more
>>
>>32252869
That was the entire point of my original comment. They said they dropped Mega Evolution, but we can't trust that because they change their mind all the time.
>>
When they finally decide to release Eternal Floette, won't it be excessively redundant by that time? I mean, right now the only way any Pokémon can be viable is if they have legendary-tier stats, have a legendary-tier ability, have a great Mega Evoluion or a signature Z-Move that isn't garbage. Florges used to be good but now it's shit. How can Eternal Floette even match up?
>>
>>32253477
Florges was never "good", but it was UU tier in Gen 6. Now it's dropped to RU for Gen 7.

Floette-E was proposed to be OU in Gen 6, so I suppose it'll be UU when it finally gets released, unless they boost it somehow.
>>
>>32243903
If Necrozma really has something to do with Zygarde, what do you think it would be?
>>
>>32254135
Who knows, maybe they're some ancient enemies, two opposites or maybe they can merge/fuse?
>>
>>32252481
>The Original Dragon is not alien. People just thought Kyurem was because it fell and crashed after the OD split.
It's implied to be alien. Giant Chasm is filled with space-related mons, and it's said that Dragonspiral Tower was made using the materials found only in Giant Chasm.
>>
>>32254500
It was supposed to be a folktale myth. You know, a village in ancient times experiences something weird and they start making up stories about it to explain what it is, despite those stories being completely bullshit. We know for a fact that the Original Dragon was living with humans for presumably hundreds, if not thousands, of years before it split, and it was Kyurem specifically who created the "it came from space" myth.
>>
>>32254135
Both have a Z in their names? But no seriously, Infinity Energy and Zygarde, Ultra Energy and Necrozma, I feel something is actually there. 2 sides of the same coin, and somehow Guzzlord is also in the mix. I think. I would like to belive one is order and the other chaos, but megas being retconned into basically a roid rage type deal doesn't fit this, but Z-Power does fit as a chaos type deal as it sends the Totem Pokemon into a Frenzy, and each Z Move is basically a type based nuke.
>>
>>32254135
>>32254821
Zygarde
NecroZma
GuZZlord

Zygarde and Necrozma are good guys, Guzzlord is bad guy. Guzzlord can fuse/combine with both of them
>>
>>32243903
Give it up, you put more thought into this than Gamefreak did.
>>
>>32254821
>>32254852
Why does everyone want to force Guzzlord into this? I know it's found in Resolution Cave, but that's just as an excuse for the game to send the player there. Looker even outright states that the only reason Guzzlord was originally there was because he rounded it up there to fight it.

I also don't see a connection between Necrozma and Zygarde. But seeing as Necrozma is basically an empty shitmon right now, anything could be possible (I guess).
>>
>>32246417
Not that simple. SM has a different visual engine and the scaling is completely different.

Another problem: Kalos is blocky and edged. SM was the first region to have natural curves, zero blockiness, and zero edges.

Kalos would have to be built from the ground up.

But I do not deny the similarities to Necrozma and Zygarde!

Zygarde had nothing significant in SM.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/

Go here, this is helpful to the OP's theory.

"Instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."
>>
Also, because of the similarities between both legendaries, I think the next game could finish off the remaining ME's for Gens 1-4 at least.

Alola's Pokedex already has Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass, and several other potential ME candidates. Dragonite, Flygon, Milotic, Weavile, ETC.

When your looking for potential ME candidates, look in the Alola Pokedex. If there are some in the next game, I think GF will want to have them in the Pokedex so all of the new ME's can be used for competitions which use only Alola's Pokedex.
>>
>>32254135
You can attach pieces of Necrozma to P-Zygarde
>>
>>32244452
>I highly doubt we would visit the same Region two Generations in a row.

We visited Kanto four generations in a row.
>>
File: 1313692651895.jpg (93KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
1313692651895.jpg
93KB, 576x384px
>>32244332
In a swimsuit
>>
>>32245281
I want to fuck a Sunfish.
>>
Kalos part 2 would make sense if they wanted to send Necrozma there and Zygarde trying to fight it. It would finally give Zygarde part in the story and utilize Necrozma which for now seems like may be done the same way Zygarde was
>>
it'd be nice if zygarde got enhanced in the next pair or 3rd version game, it feels pretty incomplete despite it being in SM and getting new forms since the main thing is that the complete form isn't even permanent unlike the 10 & 50% forms, which is just sad
>>
>>32255034
>"Rather than any actual feedback from players, it's more accepting the realities of modern life"
Says the man who time and time again has been shown to know nothing about modern children.

I seriously hope Masuda either quits or dies soon. I'm sick and tired of his bullshit. He's seriously hurting the franchise just to earn more money.
>>
>>32255187
You can't even get P-Zygarde
>>
File: nnani.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nnani.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>32255034
Pretty sad how GF wasted Zygarde in SM, mechanically and story related
>>
>>32255281
^This. This so much.

4 times Kanto in a row, and then 3 times Kanto copies in a row.
>>
>>32258439
>"Rather than any actual feedback from players, it's more accepting the realities of modern life"

that quote is probably from a fucking fortune cookie tho
>>
>>32258364
Wouldn't it just be nice if they actually used the legendaries? Literally only box legends and a few select others are ever part of anything, and oftentimes it's pretty disappointing too. We have like 70 legendaries but only 15 of them are actually important.
>>
>>32258413
I want a permanent Core forme that I can pet in Refresh.

I want a 5% Cat forme based on the cat that Jorgmungandrr the World Serpent was turned into to trick Thor into losing a competition.

I want a 25% Horse forme based on the eight-legged horse that Loki gave birth to.

I want a 75% Dragon forme... you probably see where this is all coming from.

And lastly I want there to be 5 Zygardes. One for every Core. Red, blue, orange, cyan and white. Each with their own 10% formes.

Please Ganefreak!!
>>
>>32258460
Masuda is a fucking fortune cookie. He constantly spews stupid shit like this but it never turns out to be true.
>>
>>32258481
I wonder what the franchise would of been like if Satoshi Tajiri still gave a fuck and retained his original roles as a producer, game designer and director
>>
>>32258495
crap as all the games he made
>>
>>32258475
Neat ideas!

It's probably easy for them to implement new forms for Zygarde, if they ever gonna do it, though I hope they just mechanically change how Zygarde's 100% form works.

You have all these cells and you collect them with a key item not naturally related to Zygarde, except for name, you'd think that it'd be able to assemble itself and do as it wish with all of its forms instead of being restricted by its own ability
>>
>>32258502
At least the franchise would still have its vision. Back then, they made Pokémon games not to earn money, but to add quality games to a genre they thought had none. That's literally why Pokémon games exist. But now, all they care about is milking the franchise.
>>
>>32258510
I mean, Zygarde does what it wants. And it doesn't want to assemble its forms unless it's necessary. That's why the player needs the Zygarde Cube and the Zygarde Stone to force it to change forme and stay in that forme.

But Perfect Zygarde requires all of the Cells in the world, and there's no way one person can collect and imprison them all. However, with enough Cells, one can use the Cube and Stone to force Power Construct onto Zygarde, which makes it call all of its Cells when injured in battle, despite it not wanting to.

We are literally torturing Zygarde.
>>
>>32258534
Gameplay-wise it is pretty anticlimactic
>>
Oh one more thing

Possibly minor but last year, in the middle of SM campaign, Masuda posted 3 or more (dont remember right now) blog entries aabout his inspirations for Kalos. It was so odd that he talks XY out of the blue when SM was going full force

Oh here they are

http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/2968236.html
http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/6446757.html
http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/7013851.html
>>
>>32258546
Very. That's why I hope they change it. I'd rather have to battle and catch Zygarde myself like in XY, only to find that it returned to its Core Forme in my party, which would act like a Cosmog in that it doesn't have any damaging moves. Then go on the Cell Quest and for every X Cell I find, and can upgrade my Zygarde. 4 extra Cores would also be out there, and you'd need to fuse them like BW Kyurem to get the upper formes and finally Perfect Zygarde with 5 Cores and all the Cells.
>>
>>32258557
I don't read moon runes, but I can spot Xs and Ys in the text, so I trust you.
>>
File: jigarude n famirry.jpg (116KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
jigarude n famirry.jpg
116KB, 1000x684px
>>32258558
Changeable perfect Zygarde with Aura Break pls do it GF
>>
>>32258558
So like, if there are 5 Zygarde formes, you'd need to find a new Core for every forme you want? So that every Core unlocks a new forme that costs Cells to produce.

Core is the basic forme, and act like Cosmog in battle. You can catch a total of 5 Zygarde Cores. Then, to change their formes, you use the Zygarde Cube to fuse them together. And each forme has a "Cell cost":

10% costs 1 Core and 10 Cells
25% costs 2 Cores and 25 Cells
50% costs 3 Cores and 50 Cells
75% costs 4 Cores and 75 Cells
Perfect costs 5 Cores and 100 Cells

Maybe a 5% forme could be the free "trial mode" forme that makes players interested in the concept and the mission. It could be explained by just having the Zygarde form it by calling in random nearby Cells.
>>
File: Kalos 2 with Pasta.png (320KB, 960x1465px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos 2 with Pasta.png
320KB, 960x1465px
>>32243903
leaked town map and story details from the new game!!!1!!1!
>>
>>32258618
Oh, and every Zygarde forme would have a different learnset, meaning each new forme you unlock also unlocks new moves Zygarde can learn. Even moves it cannot learn in the games right now!
>>
>>32258632
You forgot to add the southern part of Kalos. If you're gonna post a fanmade Kalos 2 at least use one that's good and adds more than just a few extra cities.
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
26KB, 320x320px
>>32247216
>>32258475
>>32258618
>5% cat form
>>
>>32258637
I didn't forget anything. Kalos already has 17 settlements, adding too many more is overkill. I would much rather expand on the ones that already exist than add another half dozen empty, forgettable checkpoints.
>>
>>32254821
>I would like to belive one is order and the other chaos
Zygarde is already called "order pokemon" and Necrozma's back has a chaos star symbol
>>
>>32258716
I dont think it is that much considering all of it is main game (except Kiloude city)

Adding 3-4 more cities/towns wouldnt be too much at all
>>
>>32258716
Southern Kalos could have like, 3 or 4 more cities. The main point of Sourthern Kalos would likely be the extra routes and areas, especially the areas in which Xerneas and Yveltal live, as they're not present in XY.
>>
>>32259205
I always thought a good place for Xerneas would be the Winding Woods. you know, the place with confusing paths. One of the secret passages could lead to Xerneas' lair

Yveltal could live in the badlands area and you have go through one of the locked power plants to reach his place
>>
File: Full Kalos.png (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Full Kalos.png
63KB, 600x600px
>>32258716
Would it really though? There's a limit to how "new" you can make a an old city, especially when 80% of Kalos' cities are useless and un-revistable. And considering how tiny XY's post-game was, wouldn't half a new region full of new areas, routes and cities be great? All of "main" Kalos is part of the main story, so you have nothing to explore after the League. Southern Kalos would be just that.
>>
>>32259226
>Xerneas lives in Winding Woods
I don't think a ghost-infested forest that changes paths all the time fits Xerneas' feel and theme.

>Yveltal lives inside/right behind the locked Power Plant
This is just bad. It would be a bad excuse to force the player go to the Power Plant instead of letting them go there on their own accord.
>>
>>32258716
>adding too many more is overkill
Was Sevii Islands overkill? In my opinion Sevii Islands was underkill due to how empty it was.
>>
>>32259205
>the areas in which Xerneas and Yveltal live[d]
In my hypothetical Kalos 2, that would be the Eauderoma Woods the player visits to kick off the game. Where they vanished to after Team Flare got em is part of the mystery.

>>32259247
>80% of Kalos' cities are useless and un-revistable.
Yes, precisely. I want them to be made useful and revisitable instead of adding more settlements and having the existing ones still be just that. Is it not better to have 17 + 3 richly detailed settlements than 17 + 9 in which 80% of them garbage?

Also there's post game listed in my pic, is that not sufficient for you?

>>32259263
You kinda misinterpreted my words there, friend. Going by your wording, adding a full southern Kalos would also be underkill because there's still half a region that is bland and empty.
>>
>>32259263
If I recall correctly, there were some islands that got scrapped due to time constraints during FRLG's development
>>
>>32258632
>Morgana is a Gym Leader
>Colress is both the Professor, and the final boss
>Colress has """Mega Zygarde X/Y"""
>Clemont is an Elite Four member and has a fucking Dedenne on his team
>Even considering having Diantha have Diancie on her team
>De-mythical-ising Hoopa and Volcanion (would be nice, but will never happen)
>"Travel all around Kalos with AZ, N and Zinnia to solve the mystery of the Original Dragon"
This is legitimately 14 year old fanfic tier. Holy shit I'm glad you don't make the games.
>>
>>32259392
>Going by your wording, adding a full southern Kalos would also be underkill because there's still half a region that is bland and empty.
No, going by my wording it would only be underkill if Southern Kalos is bland and empty.
>>
>>32259392
>Yes, precisely. I want them to be made useful and revisitable instead of adding more settlements and having the existing ones still be just that. Is it not better to have 17 + 3 richly detailed settlements than 17 + 9 in which 80% of them garbage?
It's easy to say "I'll make every city remarkable and memorable and super revisitable", but when you have a region with 12 useless cities that the player will never revisit, there's simply not enough you can do to make them all perfect. If anything, just scatter some Move Tutors, merchants and strong Trainers around the old cities, and focus on making the new cities good. I'd rather have 17 old cities with 9 extra awesome cities than 17 old cities with some extra shit here and there and then only 3 extra awesome cities.
>>
>>32258632
>Battle Frontier
Do you have a list of the things that would be in this Battle Frontier? Or do you just want there to be one.
>>
>>32259628
>there's simply not enough you can do to make them all perfect
Why not? You're assuming that the geography and demographic of the town is the same but with a fun new NPC or something. Why can it not be like Driftveil City circa B2W2 (or Mauville City circa ORAS, but not that drastic) where the place undergoes development with new buildings and landmarks as well?

For example, say tourism to the palaces has resulted in an economic boom for Camphrier Town, so they build a hotel and tourist centre which hosts battle shows on the castle grounds the player can partake in.

You could have a similar situation with Geosenge Town but with more of a humanitarian angle than tourist. Both could easily play into the hypothetical plot I've outlined.

How would new cities be any more useful or revisitable? In my mind they'd only spread the content thinner.
>>
>>32259700
Battle Tower expy and Battle Factory at the absolute minimum. Something new and creative would be great too. It would also have a second breeding centre and a circular shape a la ORAS Battle Resort
>>
>>32259799
Kudos to you if you can manage to remake and add new content to every single city in the region without changing the city or adding duplicate features. BW2 and ORAS only did that with 1 city each.
>>
>>32259565
What as the original Dragon to do with Kalos?
>>
>>32259799
>Why can it not be like Driftveil City circa B2W2 or Mauville City circa ORAS
Because you can't do that with every single city in the game. Well you probably can, but it would be wildly unrealistic if every city was Driftveil/Mauville size. Plus, only changing old cities and not adding new ones also hurt, because what people want and look forward to in new games is the exploration. The new areas, the new routes and the new cities. Sure, seeing Driftveil grow and host the PWT was great, but BW2 would have been far less good if the new cities hadn't been there and their content just moved to old cities.

Sequels aren't just about making the old stuff better, it's a combination of re-imagining the old and the used and creating something completely new that expands the game past its original boundaries. You can settle for just adding new things to old areas and call it a day, or you can do both that as well as creating completely new areas so that the game gains the players' attention in more than one way. There's no doubt that both would still be good, but the question lies more down the alley of "Do you want to create a remake-tier game, or a sequel-tier game?", but without the graphical upgrade that remakes tend to focus on.
>>
>>32260056
Absolutely nothing, that's the thing.
>>
File: 1491228351034.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491228351034.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
Literally this thread
>>
>>32260138
>Literally /vp/
Ftfy.
>>
>>32260114
>only changing old cities and not adding new ones
That isn't all I did though anon. There are three new settlements, three new routes, three new dungeons (four if you count the Flare machine base ruins as a new one) and two existing dungeons get expanded to facilitate them all. All there in the pic.

Also consider that if this is on Switch the visuals will get an upgrade which may well result in refinement of the existing maps. By the way, thanks for the well-reasoned discourse. Doesn't happen nearly enough.

>>32260120
There were statues of Reshiram and Zekrom at that castle, also some lore IIRC. You could infer that the war between the brothers and the war in Kalos were the same war if you wanted.
>>
>>32260155
>By the way, thanks for the well-reasoned discourse. Doesn't happen nearly enough.
You're welcome. But yeah, I'm really fucking tired right now, so I think I digress so much in my own head while writing that I end up responding to something you didn't even say/mean. Sorry about that. I think we're both on the same page actually, I just weigh new areas a little bit more and you weigh remaking old areas a little bit more.

>There were statues of Reshiram and Zekrom at that castle, also some lore IIRC
The statues were a gift from Unova. I think it was in reference to a real-life event where America gave France a gift like that as well. The "lore" I think was pretty shallow. Not much else than just Kalos being like "Oh Unova and I, we talk".

>You could infer that the war between the brothers and the war in Kalos were the same war if you wanted.
You could, had it not been for the fact that the Unovan war was specifically a Civil War.
>>
>>32254953
>Why does everyone want to force Guzzlord into this? I also don't see a connection between Necrozma and Zygarde.

See >>32244520
>>
>>32255281
???
Gen 1 and Gen 3 has a gap between them.
>>
>>32260459
Half of that is either headcanon, far-fetched or bullshit.
>>
>>32260478
Are you literally stupid? Gen 2 and Gen 4 Johto games have the entirety of Kanto in the post game.
>>
>>32260487
They're Johto games though. Kanto is just an afterthought with nothing to do. If GF is going to make a new region, but allow you to visit Kalos postgame with nothing to do but fight trainers, no story or anything, just battles, then yes, I can see it coming two Gens in a row.
>>
>>32260500
It doesn't matter if it's "just an afterthought". They're still there. We've had Kanto 4 generations in a row. That's a fact.

I dunno about Kalos though. I hope that if they do it, they do it for a specific reason.
>>
Test
>>
If Kalos would happen by some miracle i hope it wont be as cutscene heavy as SM.
>>
>>32260626
What?
>>
>>32261321
Test, of course. Can't you read?
>>
>>32251893
>. So unlesd this "peer pressure" you're talking about happened during the BW1 era, it cannot be true
Dude 2011 and 2012 was the epitome of hoenn confirmed.
>>
>>32261677
Yeah, someone else said with that like immediatly after that comment was posted.
>>
I wonder if OP even still checks the comments on his thread.
>>
>>32251913
What happens if an human being got irradiated with same energy? They end up as AZ?
>>
>>32261700
Yeah, I got to educate newfriends like you.
>>
>>32261761
Not really no, someone else did it a whole day before you. Maybe you should read the replies before replying yourself.
>>
>>32261728
Yup. The blast from the Ultimate Weapon is what made AZ immortal. He was irradiated with the energy of a thousand stolen lifetimes.
>>
>>32261798
Maybe you should do some research before saying some bullcrap.
And no, he didn't lie, as Masuda himself stated that they only made oras for fans' requests.
>>
>>32261728
Probably
We are talking about be infused by the energy which make possible the life in the whole universe
>>
>>32261836
Oh I'm sorry if I didn't find some obscure twitter post or interview from fucking 2012 and you thought that 1 anon proving to me that I was wrong wasn't enough. I already accepted that I was wrong in the later replies, you have no reason to be bitching about it now 32 fucking hours later that whole conversation ended.
>>
>>32250018
>XY legendaries having such heavy ties to Norse myth
Does that mean AZ is supposed to be Odin? He does always keep one eye covered.
>>
>>32261981
Well, AZ is based on a French king, King Louis XIV of France, whose title is "The Sun King". But the "one eye is always covered" is a really nice spot! Maybe he's based on both.
>>
>>32243987
And Gamefreak being full of incompetent and lazy fucks.
>>
>>32261718
I do actually, im glad it turned more into actual discussion about that possbility rather than shitposting.

And again i want to mention that im fully aware that other regions (mainly Alola, Kanto, Sinnoh) are completely viable as the next game. I just wanted to note that Kalos shouldnt be overlooked for several reasons. Its a pretty strong contender right now, maybe even more than Sinnoh or Kanto (which are more likely after the console change) at least in my opinion
>>
>>32244520
> more powerful forms for UBs and Necrozma
>color forms for UBs,rainbow form for Necrozma
>Buzzwole (Red) 107/151/149/67/97/149
>Kartana (Orange) 59/223/163/47/101/127
>Xurkitree (Yellow) 83/83/83/241/103/127
>Celesteela (Green) 97/89/151/167/149/67
>Nihilego (Blue) 109/73/73/139/199/127
>Guzzlord (Indigo) 223/151/101/101/101/43
>Pheromosa(Violet [no colors left]) 71/137/73/173/73/193
>Necrozma (Rainbow) 97/127/131/149/139/107
HYPE ???
Yes, the stats are boosted by 150.
>>
>>32262358
And Jigarude-san's complete form gets to be permanent and finally get aura break tho?
>>
>>32262152
Well, it's definitely more likely than Kanto. The only evidence towards Kanto remakes is Lillie going there and a whole shit tonne of meme magic.
>>
>>32252842
I think the lack of 27 Mega Stones is just that they wanted to seem like they cut down to 302 Pokemon for new players. So they don't get overwhelmed. Like how the Nat. Dex was moved to Bank only.
>>
I think we need to start putting together what the next game is going to be like based on the clues in SM.

First, I totally expect Walking Pokemon now that they have the time to finish the programming. They already have the running and walking animations for everything.

Second, you won't like this. The Alola starters got Z-Moves. So that pretty much guarantees they will NEVER get Megas in the future. It's odd to have Charizard in Poke Ride but you never are able to find the Kanto Starters in SM. But you can get the Johto and Unova starters in SM, how weird... And those are two regions that are ALWAYS treated like SHIT. Giving Z-Moves to Johto and Unova starters seems like a perfect way to say FUCK YOU and forget about them. Am I right?

Third, what the hell are those empty spots for in Hau'oli, Heahea, and Malie City?

Fourth, I think the player character will become the Champion in a sequel.
>>
>>32262466
You hadn't considered zygarde but that seems nice
>>
>>32263476
*I
>>
File: you.png (473KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
473KB, 1280x720px
>>32260482
>>
Reminder that "south Kalos" where they praise Volcanion is just Kiloude city, which was created in a crater made by Volcanion's powers. That's all.
>>
>>32250018
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYZ_Affair
HeLa cells are cancer cells, but they are even more potent than normal cancer cells. There was even a proposal to designate them as a new species entirely due to their inherently unstable genetic code and novel replicating ability.
>>
>>32251553
IN THE CITY THAT WE LOOOOOOOOOVE
>>
>>32252291
>We learn the reason why the meteor kept returning was because Deoxys wanted to go to the Sky Pillar for reasons still unknown and still cockteased about.

Actually we do know why Deoxys wanted to go to spear pillar. Deoxys is a mutated virus from space, and the mutation that created Deoxys was most likely caused by the intense energy from AZ's quasar. Because viruses are not considered living things, we know for a fact that Xerneas was used to power the laser (giving life to a virus). You see, Deoxys didn't even exist before AZ's quasar fired, but now that Deoxys is a somewhat living thing (debatable), it's doing what all viruses do: it's looking for a host.

If you pay attention to Deoxys, you'll notice that in the center of its chest there lies a giant crystal. This giant crystal actually stores energy for it to use. Because energy eventually runs out of the mega crystals and z crystals (can only be used once per battle) Deoxys needs to restore its energy.

The host Deoxys is looking for is AZ's quasar, because only then can it continue to obtain energy and exist.

What else does this tell us about Deoxys? Deoxys IS it's own primal/mega pokemon because its very existence is dependent on the AZ quasar energy!
>>
>>32264967
Dude Deoxys isn't an unique pokemon created by AZ's laser, in the second universe (the one before mega universe) there was a Deoxys too, even if AZ never used his weapon.
>>
>>32243903
I think the next game will be a new region, letting the plot points unfinished as always.
Oh, but you get te Black prism to transform Necrozma into its black dragon form so you should be happy ;^)
Be sure to buy the new Pokemon games !
>>
>>32263066
>Fourth, I think the player character will become the Champion in a sequel.
The problem with that is that they'd have to make dialogue for them then, which they absolutely will not. Just look at Red.
>>
>>32264967
I think there are a couple of things you've misunderstood. Deoxys would have existed even if the Ultimate Weapon hadn't been fired. However, the Ultimate Weapon hitting Deoxys' meteor accelerated its growth into a living being. In the Old Universe, Deoxys simply fell to Earth off of its meteor and landed on Birth Island where it slept in a protective barrier while it continued to grow. When Red/Leaf/Brendan/May find it, it's only Lv. 30.

In the Mega Universe, however, it was "born" 3.000 years earlier due to the Ultimate Weapon infusing it with life energy. That's also why the entire meteor was heading towards Earth in the Delta Episode instead of just a smaller chunk like previously; Depxys took control over the entire thing and wanted to crash it into Sky Pillar. Here, it is Lv. 80.

If we listen to Zinnia's story, I think we can get a pretty strong idea of why Deoxys wanted to go to Sky Pillar. 1.000 years ago, a big chunk of Deoxys' meteor broke off and crashed into Hoenn. This chunk held inside it a gigantic Key Stone, the one the Draconids used to make Rayquaza Mega Evolve. Zinnia says that this Giant Key Stone was put to rest atop of Sky Pillar. I think what Deoxys is looking is this Giant Key Stone that once used to be part of its home. Maybe the Giant Key Stone is... the key, to activating Deoxys' Mega Evolution?

Also, I highly doubt Deoxys is "looking for a host". The crystal in its chest is host enough.
>>
>>32265974
Needless to say, when the player actually goes to the top of Sky Pillar, the Giant Key Stone is gone. That's why Zinnia tried to awaken Groudon and Kyogre and later steal everyone's Key Stones, because she couldn't use the original method of summoning Rayquaza; she needed a Plan B (and a Plan C).

I think it's interesting that in the anime, they actually show us this Giant Key Stone that was mentioned in Zinnia's story (and which may be what Deoxys is looking for). In the anime, it is taken from its resting place by Team Flare and used with the extracted energy of a Zygarde Core and a bunch of Cells to create a Fake Zygarde. We also learn that the Anistar Sundial was needed to make the Fake Zygarde perfect. Of course, this assetry is anime-only and not canon, but I still find it very interesting that the entirety of the XY&Z arc is 100% based on something that is only mentioned in the games but never actually shown. You've got to wonder what happened to the Giant Key Stone in the games.
>>
>>32265829
nice thread
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 1136x640px
>>32257816
With long hair
>>
Wasn't Masuda in Spain recently.

A dual region game with northern pokespain and southern Kalos would be neat.
>>
>>32266274
Maybe Gen 7 will feature Kalos sequels and Gen 8's new region will be based on Spain?
>>
>>32265911
There was unused dialogue for hilbert at the PWT in BW2, which means they at least considered it.
>>
>>32266380
But they scrapped it because they don't want to give personalities to player characters. The same reason why Red doesn't talk on Mt. Silver and still doesn't speak at the Battle Tree.
>>
>>32263476
Indeed, hope this eventually happens
>>
I'm curious, what do people in this thread actually think the next game will be?
>>
>>32266682
Just read the thread then
>>
>>32266730
I meant what people ACTUALLY think. I doubt everyone in this thread is a hardcore believer of Pokémon Z being the next game.
>>
>Bump limit reached
It was a good run guys, this thread was really fucking good. Lots of actual discussions and conversations, unlike 95% of the other threads on /vp/. See you in the next Zygarde thread! Whenever that is.
>>
>>32266896
It's not dead till its dead m8, still this thread has actually been pretty civil for 4chan standards
>>
>>32266896
I wish we still had weekly Lore Generals. That was a good time.
>>
>>32266911
That's what I liked about it. It seems every time there's a thread that's ACTUALLY about the games, the shitposting almost ceases entirely. """Almost""" that is. But still.
>>
>>32266784
Nobody said next game will be Pokémon Z you idiot
>>
>>32266918
It was an example. Fucking chill.
>>
File: weapon.png (667KB, 1709x472px) Image search: [Google]
weapon.png
667KB, 1709x472px
This is a good time for say again how much I love that about Gen 6
I don't care if /vp/ still hate G6 but I fucking love the lore, the story, the link between XY and ORAS, the legendaries, the origin of Megaevolution and Primal reversion... I never enjoyed that much the lore of any other pokemon game, I'll never forget Gen 6 and I really hope they expand its lore again with Zygarde and Necrozma.

Thank you for this thread, pals
>>
>>32266937
Looking at that picture, I find it odd that Eternal Floette's flower is shaped like the Yveltal-powered Ultimate Weapon, while the Xerneas-powered one isn't represented by anything.

Does anyone think we might be getting a second Eternal Floette, one with a different flower for the other Ultimate Weapon? That could be how we get Eternal Floette. AZ could keep his, and the player could have the "new" one.
>>
File: floette-eternal-l.gif (215KB, 135x156px) Image search: [Google]
floette-eternal-l.gif
215KB, 135x156px
>>32266956
Eternal Floette flower looks like the foot of both versions of the weapon and the glowing shining part isn't similar to the flower in X nor Y version, even if Y's weapon is more similar to Floette's flower.
>>
>>32266937
Same here. The lore and the over arching plot of gen 6 is my favorite part of it, I don't think Kalos would be nearly as memorable without it.

>>32266956
Looks the same to me.

>>32266038
I don't watch the anime, but I read that they completely overhauled the games' story, so AZ and his weapon do not exist. How did they explain the origin of mega stones?
>>
desu Zygarde's lore is amazing, but mechanically and its functions are just bad, wish gf is going to revamp zygarde in a future installment and the story potential for this guy is huge, shame it wasn't used to anything big in SM

Really hyped for Necrozma's future
>>
File: Spike.png (667KB, 919x510px) Image search: [Google]
Spike.png
667KB, 919x510px
>>32266966
>>32266973
Eternal Floette's flower has a long spike in the middle, just like the Y Ultimate Weapon has. It's undeniable that the Y version is the inspiration for the flower.
>>
>>32266966
>Eternal Floette flower looks like the foot of both versions of the weapon and the glowing shining part isn't similar to the flower in X nor Y version
Are you blind? It literally has a the long spike in the centre that the Y version of the UW also has. The flower and the weapon are almost identical. Just try and use Eternal Floette in the games yourself.
>>
File: X and Y Weapons.png (345KB, 400x479px) Image search: [Google]
X and Y Weapons.png
345KB, 400x479px
>>32266973
>Looks the same to me.
On has a long red spike in the middle, the other has a small blue sphere.

Eternal Floette's flower has the spike.
>>
>>32266973
>I don't watch the anime, but I read that they completely overhauled the games' story, so AZ and his weapon do not exist. How did they explain the origin of mega stones?
They don't. They stay very true to the ORAS backstory that Zinnia tells, but XY's story is nowhere to be found.
>>
>>32267060
I see now, it's a lot clearer in this picture than the other one.
>>
>>32267078
Also, here's a video showcasing Eternal Floette up-close:

https://youtu.be/fCrhpoMxjXc?t=20s

It goes on for long, so you can get a really good look at it and its flower. You may ant to watch it without sound though.
>>
>>32267091
The showcase is 20 seconds in btw.
>>
File: Eternal Floe.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Floe.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>32267091
>>
File: flower shape.png (60KB, 1709x472px) Image search: [Google]
flower shape.png
60KB, 1709x472px
>people is blind
>>
>>32267137
>Spike to bigger spike
>Spike to ball
>>
>>32267137
Nice illustratution
>>
>>32267146
>original
>SPIKE
Yep you're blind

original = oval
Y = dog's dick
X = dog's ball
>>
>>32267157
I don't know what rounded spikes are called. It's longer than it's wide, and it's pointing out of something, so I call it a spike.
>>
>>32267164
"rounded spikes" aren't spikes as squared circles aren't circles
X's version is the original but "horizontally" bigger (so the oval becomes a ball) and Y's version is the original but "vertically" bigger (so the oval becomes a spike). None of the two versions is like the original one, even if are similar.
>>
>>32267066
>They stay very true to the ORAS backstory that Zinnia tells, but XY's story is nowhere to be found.
Considering how closely Delta episode is tied to XY with the weapon and all, this is really weird to read.

I get why they removed it, though. Censorship in children's anime is significantly stricter than in children's games, so no genocide allowed.
>>
>>32267171
I will save your pic for future discussions then! I actually quite like it, it's very precise.
>>
File: 1464270307266.gif (705KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1464270307266.gif
705KB, 300x168px
I'M NOT READY FOR LET THIS THREAD DIE, IT WAS SO NICE...!
>>
File: 1490280132928.png (165KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490280132928.png
165KB, 450x600px
I love this thread...
>>
>>32267546
I love you, anon.
>>
File: hh.png (35KB, 120x115px) Image search: [Google]
hh.png
35KB, 120x115px
>>32267579
I love you too, anon :3
>>
File: 1488296277950.png (48KB, 194x263px) Image search: [Google]
1488296277950.png
48KB, 194x263px
>>32267637
>>
File: giphy.gif (999KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
999KB, 500x243px
>>32267657
>>
File: 2012-08-11-521485.jpg (619KB, 2600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-11-521485.jpg
619KB, 2600x2000px
>>32267657
>>32267738
I love both of you!
>>
File: nebby.gif (687KB, 268x390px) Image search: [Google]
nebby.gif
687KB, 268x390px
>thread is dying
>>
dont let this thread die pls
>>
File: 1486944925762.png (367KB, 400x448px) Image search: [Google]
1486944925762.png
367KB, 400x448px
>>32267991
This thread will not die!!!
>>
>>32268215
>daddy Zygarde monitoring the thread

h-hot
>>
File: enx7ZuL.gif (498KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
enx7ZuL.gif
498KB, 500x372px
>>32267983
>>
File: 1491512735453.png (597KB, 1080x2642px) Image search: [Google]
1491512735453.png
597KB, 1080x2642px
I have treasured every moment I spent here, and now I must face the reality of this thread not being here when I wake up in the morning as it has been for the past three days. I love you guys.
>>
File: tumblr_o7rqymq7rA1r9cuc9o1_500.png (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7rqymq7rA1r9cuc9o1_500.png
148KB, 500x500px
>>32268269
>>
>>32268300
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCKING CUTE THANK YOU ANON
>>
File: z faces.png (413KB, 722x483px) Image search: [Google]
z faces.png
413KB, 722x483px
ZYGARDE IS STRONG

ZYGARDE IS CUTE

ZYGARDE IS RUDE

ZYGARDE IS PERFECT

P E R F E C T
E
R
F
E
C
T
>>
File: 5e0.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
5e0.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>32268296
>>
>>32268349
That picture makes no sense but

Z Y G A R D E I S L O V E
Y
G
A
R
D
E

I
S

L
I
F
E
>>
File: 0 0.jpg (8KB, 209x187px) Image search: [Google]
0 0.jpg
8KB, 209x187px
>>32268364
b-but its faces...
>>
File: abd.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
abd.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
>>32268430
>>
>>32268454
Zygarde is hotter
>>
>>32268430
That's not a face silly, it's his ripped abs that he's gotten from beating bad guys and saving the world.

>>32268454
Just a green, low-res version.
>>
>>32268430
The faces don't add up with the other formes. Well, except for 50%, that one is totally the chest+tail. But 10% has no resemblance in 100%, there's just no dog features on it. And Core is in the chest, not the stomach.
>>
File: 1470788982734.jpg (155KB, 927x571px) Image search: [Google]
1470788982734.jpg
155KB, 927x571px
>>32268604
>10% has no resemblance in 100%, there's just no dog features on it. And Core is in the chest, not the stomach.

I know, so?
>>
>>32268626
Oh, I thought your pic was meant to say that Core, 10% and 50% WERE those three body parts on Perfect.
>>
>>32268678
Nah
>>
>>32268760
Other anons has used that pic to say just that.
>>
>>32268215
ty bby <3
>>
File: POLIPEPE.jpg (29KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
POLIPEPE.jpg
29KB, 408x600px
Wish that the transition from the 10% form to the 100% was done better. In-game progression feels really bad, especially when you consider that the cell quest is really bad. The cell quest is primarly bad due to no proper summary of where you found any of the cells (which could of been done easily, similar to the journal in DPPt or that summary screen when booting FRLG or plain simply at least actually using the Rotom Dex to something extremely USEFUL LIKE THIS) and most likely you had to find a guide online, which a game should never make people do it makes it less appealing in certain ways. And then, finally after getting all what you need for Zygarde you're not even rewarded with the mecha form at all. Feels pretty bad.
>>
>>32268882
Zygarde abs looks like another cute face =/= each "face" of the perfect forme is supposed to match with another Zygarde's face, abs matching with core and its "main face" matching with 10%'s face
>>
Kalos needs fixing so Wynaut
>>
>>32269108
They should've added a "Cell Finder" function to the Rotom Dex and added more Zygarde formes so there's a smoother transition from "le random doge" to "giant mecha god". Also permanent giant mecha god. Or at least have Power Construct become ingerent and not replace Aura Break.
>>
rip bread
>>
>>32269197
FUCK YOU ; ;
>>
>>32269197
>only 4 threads left before the end
I want this to continue
>>
>>32269190
I think that the 3 forms that we have at the moment are all great, since the transition from dog to snake is pretty well done in-game, but adding power construct for only in-battle temporary transformations is silly and considering that the transformation is instant from either the 10 or 50% forms to the 100% form it makes the transition feel rushed and still missing a proper finish.

So it would fit better for the mecha form to retain Aura Break to be able to tank and reverse the effectiveness its counterparts got, although it doesn't struggle with Yveltal as much as it does with Xerneas, especially without Aura Break. It would fit the lore way better too.
>>
It was fun making this thread and fun to talk about it
>>
>>32269240
I just find it hella annoying that its formes are named after percantages, and yet there's literally only 10% and 50%. The full forme isn't even called 100%.
>>
>>32269267
Me too. I usually call the forms "imperfect Zygarde", "semiperfect Zygarde" and "perfect Zygarde" because my autism can't allow mixt "perfect" with percentages (and percentages are too awkward).
>>
>>32269290
Same. That's why I call Perfect Zygarde "Zygarde 100%". I just wish there were more. Like 5%, 25% and 75% formes. It's such a fucking awesome concept and it's being wasted by only having 2 formes and an ability-exclusive 3rd.
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.