[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hardest games to nuzlocke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: get fucking destroyed faggot.png (537KB, 821x973px) Image search: [Google]
get fucking destroyed faggot.png
537KB, 821x973px
what makes a game hard to nuzlocke?
I found the obscene amount of pursuit in gen 4 terrifying.
>>
>>32240854
Platinum is among the hardest. XY is surprisingly hard too if you don't use the EXP share.
>>
>>32240854
BW2 with challenge mode obviously though the regular game isn't too bad. Plat is up there.

I haven't played Gen2 in a long time but I want to say any game in Johto due to literally having to use shitmons for your team
>>
>>32240896
This man doesn't know the power of magnitude geodude
>>
>>32240896
>BW2 with challenge mode
is not that hard
you can sweep iris easily with ampharos
>>
File: IMG_2143.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2143.png
1MB, 640x1136px
I beat all nuzlocke besides gen 7 (will attempt eventually)
Hardest to easiest: platinum, X, B2, SS,black,AS,LG.

So many fucking crit hit deaths in platinum. It was SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT! I forgot how many died from crits but at least over 10. Fuck.

Also no exp share in X,AS. No megas. Each center was 3 heals. First new mon per area. I predict SM will be the hardest nuzlocke
>>
>>32240874
>>32240896
>>32242498
Why is Platinum so difficult? I might nuzit
>>
>>32242498
>>32240896
>>32240874
I don't understand what's so hard about Plat. I ended my nuzlocke of it with only 3 deaths, all of them because of dumb greed and avoidable, and only one during a boss.
I may have gotten lucky but I found Black way harder.
>>
>>32242540
>>32242561
If crits didn't exist, it'd be so much easier. I kept losing teammates and starting over with new ones, making it hard and tedious
>>
>>32242498
What
The
Fuck
Am
I Looking At?
>>
>>32242585
I guess. I lost only one mon to a crit in this run, my Torterra against Bertha, because I was greeding like jew with Curse to sweep her.
I was so pissed I just DDed my way to victory with Gyarados against the others.
>>
>>32242561
Question, how much vs seeker grinding did you do, cus normal gameplay I am having level discrepancies where gardinia kicked my ass, (prinplup, buneary, budew) and Wasn't until I caught a hoothoot and bronzor that I was able to beat her via sleep hax. Just seems like having a full team early on hinders your levels where enemies do more (gym leaders specifically)
>>
I nuzlocked Sun and it was surprisingly hard, the bosses on the second island really had you on the edge all the time. Also there's assholes like Guzma's Golisopod. If you turn off Exp Share it can a be a nice hallenge
>>
>>32240874
I found the exp share actually made it harder. In other games, I'd inevitably overlevel or item spam since it's so tedious to train up new members. In XY, I was a lot more reckless and cycled my party if I was getting overlevelled.
>>
BW2 Challenge mode but at least you have a chance of running into a good Pokemon.
SuMo or GSC for shitmon distribution
>>
How are X and Y hard with out the exp share?
X and Y have to be the best due to Pokemon distribution alone
>>
>>32243981
That's exactly the problem though. The distribution makes it easy to get a fucked up team of, for example, only normal types. Turning off xp share makes grinding a chore since there's often no real good places to grind.
>>
>>32241192

If you get Mareep in the ONE chance you have to get it. BW2 are challenging mainly because of the luck factor in getting good stuff early on, especially if you picked Tepig. Pray you get a good Water or Grass type or you're basically fucked, and this has happened to me. It's alright once you've passed Clay (until the brutal lategame), but that is the deciding point.

Platinum is hard basically because bosses are hard, and it's really mean early on. It's easy to have a lot of deaths early.

Sun and Moon can be pretty balls to the wall as well - not just the totems, but a lot of bosses have 31 IVs across the board and EV trained mons as well. You practically need Exp Share on in some places as well because grinding is nearly impossible. Especially from Poni Island onwards as the levels jump drastically.
>>
>>32242782
I don't remember exactly but I know I didn't have more than 4 mons. I always tried to gave all the members of my team at least 1 level above the champion's ace.
I finished her with Staravia, but my whole team was almost dead and poisoned.
>>
>>32241192
>you can sweep iris easily with ampharos
>haxorus gets a guaranteed DD
Ampharos is going to die unless you use an EV trained one that has been grinded up.
>>
Ive been doing a run in Y and it hasn't been too hard, i think i lucked out because i have a decent selection of mons and have been able to prepare for pretty much everything.

I am using exp share but only while grinding in the restaurants or battle chateau, otherwise been playing without it.
Although, i did just lose my starter yesterday. I always take that as a bad omen.
>>
>>32244057
My team before the E4 in Plat had Torterra, Scizor, Gyarados. I don't even remember ghe others because when you get that you don't need anything else
>>
Starting a Black 2 Nuznocke, what starter should I chose ? No snake I use it all the time.
>>
>>32244842
snake
>>
>>32244842
Go Tepig. Can't go wrong with fire.... maybe
>>
>>32245420
>>32245141
I ended up picking the otter since that anon reminded me it's almost impossible to get a water type.
>>
Kinda related question for you all; what was the luckiest catch that you've had during a nuzlocke playthrough?

I will never forget Sparks from FR. I walked over to the grass in Viridian to acquire the potion and ended up running into a Pikachu, right to the right of where you initially enter. Turned out to be Hasty nature, too. Nothing has quite measured up to that since.
>>
HG/SS throws some obscenely tough early gym fights at you. Bugsy's Scyther has ended more than one nuzlock.
>>
Sun and Moon's totem fights will end nuzlocke runs like lightning if you don't end up rolling the right Pokémon
>>
>>32245580
It wasn't mine, but I remember getting bored and watching some guy's stream to kill time. He was halfway through an Emerald Nuzlocke and had a fucking Skitty sitting around in his party. When I mentioned it, it turned out neither him nor his 4 regulars realized that it was a 2% encounter.
>>
Sun and Moon has a lot of encounters that exist specifically to end Nuzlockes.
>>
>>32245580
Shiney Sandshrew in a cave in heart gold

I mean, I did have to break the first pokemon per route rule to get it though.
>>
>>32245620
>there are people who actually had trouble with a region full of Johtomons
Incredible.
>>
File: 1489056030382.jpg (82KB, 999x799px)
1489056030382.jpg
82KB, 999x799px
mfw everyone says Platinum is hardest and that was the only nuzlocke I ever tried and made me dislike nuzlockes. I should try again with another game...
>>
>>32245484
>>32245420
>>32245141
Well. Cheren critted me 3 times with one mon and almost ended my run
I knew I should've tried not to be underleveled. It won't happen again.
>>
File: 1484285092927.jpg (35KB, 466x358px)
1484285092927.jpg
35KB, 466x358px
>>32240854
>Nuzlocked platinum
>only lost 2 pokemon, one buizel and a luxray against the champion
>managed to even get a gible before the 3rd gym
>mfw
>>
File: Nuzlockes Complete.png (3MB, 1740x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlockes Complete.png
3MB, 1740x1181px
Speaking from personal experience, the harder games to nuzlocke were BW, BW2, and Platinum.
The former two can easily screw you over in the early game, and have pretty tough E4s as well.
Platinum, however, loves to throw tough boss after tough boss at you. The gauntlet you're subjected to after Byron is fucking brutal.

(Pic related aren't all the nuzlockes I've done; since this pic, I've also done Black 2 and Blue).
>>
Using the universal randomizer is there an option to exclude specific pokemon such as whole gens from the game or does any other randomizer make it possible?
>>
>>32242540
Platinum is the game where it feels like Gamefreak created a bunch of Pokemon specifically to fuck you in the ass when used against and when you use them yourself.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.