[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, are the Ultra beasts shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: buzzshit.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
buzzshit.png
59KB, 250x250px
Now that the dust has settled, are the Ultra beasts shit?
>>
>>32239327
that one is shit, yeah OP
>>
>>32239327
no
>>
In general, they're okay.
>>
>>32239327
What is this? A JUST for mosquitoes?
>>
Only the one that looks like spiky mr krabs
>>
Design and lorewise, absolutely yes.

Competitively... sadly no.
>>
Yes. Like all post gen 3 legendaries, they are overdesigned, bland, peices of shit which will be forgotten in due time.
>>
>Implying there is a good pokemon lorewise

You know who you are and that you are not worthy a (You)
>>
File: 1489954671817.jpg (85KB, 598x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489954671817.jpg
85KB, 598x500px
>>32239327

Hardly. Even with Guzzlord's dead weight UBs still dominate.
>>
>>32239348
why are there so many "cool" hipster nostalgia fag recently on /vp/?
>>
File: 1491075401967.png (471KB, 1100x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1491075401967.png
471KB, 1100x1142px
>>32239345
>pheromosa
>>
>>32239381
>recently
>>
>>32239381

Because they don't want to accept that gen 3 it is possible one of the worst kek
>>
>>32239381
god, they are so loud and obnoxious. I wish they took their normie designs and shit arguments and stop bein so whiny
>>
>>32239381
Spring break
>>
Yeah, they're out of place in lore and design-wise, and they're half of the reason why SM OU is probably the most miserable meta I've ever played. Usually with time stuff I initially dislike grows on me, like mega evolutions for instance, but if anything I only hate them more as time passes. In particular I hate absolutely everything to do with Celesteela, it's now my least favourite pokemon by an absolute country mile.
>>
>>32239381
I never claimed to be cool. Legendaries mean nothing when you introduce 15 of them in one generation. For example, my favorite gen V pokemon is volcorona, because it's asteatically pleasing. You can tell thought was put into its design, stat distribution, movepool, and typing. On the other hand, zekrom and resharim are bland in both design and typing, while kyurem exists just to remind players that gamefreak can publish a hit with artists who draw like five year olds.
>>
File: ultrabeasts.jpg (139KB, 737x545px) Image search: [Google]
ultrabeasts.jpg
139KB, 737x545px
>>32239327
Gonna have to say no there. Cancer to the meta, yeah probably.
But they're some of the most imaginative designs in the series and work great as aliens.
One of the main reasons why I love SM so much, but I don't play online so I'm judging based on the designs. I love the designs more than most other legendaries, except maybe Genesect.
>>
File: 4782054.jpg (46KB, 430x268px) Image search: [Google]
4782054.jpg
46KB, 430x268px
>>32239461
>they're out of place
>>
>>32239461

>hating the best UB

Come on man
>>
>>32239492

Just because they meant it doesn't mean they did it well. You can have a pokemon that's like a mutant freak or a weirdo space alien such as Mewtwo and Deoxys, and they manage to come off as different and alien but not without contrasting completely with the established artstyle. Contrast that with the UBs, that aren't only butt-ugly but also look like they came out of some stoner's fever dream, or like reject SMT monsters.
>>
>>32239503

>liking a floating modern art piece that has didgeridoos for arms

Sorry I can't be as avant-garde as you, you fucking hipster
>>
>>32239482
kill yourself cunt
>>
>>32239482
literally the most normie/facebook tier post I've ever read
>>
>people can no longer claim that Buzzwole is cancer because it's an UB
Good.
>>
>>32239327
I hate fighting them online, but no, they're some of the best designs in years. Especially for legendaries, as they feel like actual dimensional alien counterparts that might be present in a different dimension rather than just space aliens. Very creative designs too, I hope that more are introduced next gen rather than just plopping in normal Pokemon like Heatran as filler legends with no reason to be legends (not to say I dislike Heatran).
>>
File: considerthis.jpg (117KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
considerthis.jpg
117KB, 600x451px
>>32239410
Gen 4 is far and away the worst. Not even trying to bait (You)'s here, just stating a fact
>>
>>32239345
>"God, I can't believe they made [insert thing] such a shitmon. Fucking Game Freak, am I right, guys?"
>"Unfortunately, [insert thing] is competitively viable. This is a bad thing indeed."

Stay shit, /vp/. Never change. People such as yourself are the reasons why school shootings happen.
>>
>>32239557
you fuckin aspie
>>
>>32239545
Deoxys looks worse than every Ultra Beast. It looks like it's made out of plastic.
>>
File: 1478658335397.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1478658335397.gif
2MB, 400x306px
>>32239545
>having this much shit taste
>>
>>32239661
Bait.

Unless you mean pre chomp ban.
>>
I like the concept and I can see it expand into a Sun and Moon sequel/third version.
>>
File: 1479347531322.jpg (289KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1479347531322.jpg
289KB, 700x990px
>>32239491
This anon is objectively right. The UBs were designed to look alien and they did just that.
I didn't like Gen7 too much, its was alright but I was hoping for a darker story and a bit more substance to it, the way /vp/ was hyping it up.

But the UBs are great, probobly the best thing to come out of this gen design wise.
>>
>>32239661
Your mom is the worst. She gave birth to a shithead like you.
>>
They're the best mons introduced this gen, along with the Tapus. If you don't agree, kill yourself.
>>
>>32240406

This is probably the most poisonous opinion I've ever seen expressed on this board. Heed your own advice.
>>
>>32239327
Guzzlord is.
>>
>>32240420
The opinions of contrarian such as you are far more poisonous, and you know it.
>>
>>32239482
>Teshiram and Zekrom are bland in typing
>at the time of black and white, there wasn't a single pokemon that shared a type with them
>there still isn't a pokemon with the same type as Zekrom

Just fuck off already.
>>
>>32240487
>ampharos
>>
Talking about the UB from a pure OU competitive stand point with exception of Pheromosa they're pretty underwhelming. Celesteela is annoying but doesn't offer any utility of other steel, such as skarmory and Ferrothorn. Celesteela main niche is how well it counter Greninja(Yes I max low kick can 2hko after rocks but no body runs that shit). Buzzwole is an overhyped shit mon that has a terrible 4 move slot syndrome. Guzzlord literally worst hydreigon. Like in everyone way. It doesn't even pull off a defensive set better since Hydreigon gets roost. Kartana seems broken on paper but the low base power of all it's moves and the prevalence of fat grass and steel in the meta hurt it's viability. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kartana eventually gets trapped in BL limbo like Staraptor. Nihilego pretty good. It has a solid speed tier, typing, and special bulk allow it to check top tier threats, like Charizard Y, Volcarona, Salamence, gyarados, etc. Xurkitree to slow to do anything and surprisingly easy to wall despite it's ginormous special atrack.
Tl;Dr: With the exception of Nihilego and Pheromosa the ultra beast are trash.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.