[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun and Moon had too many cutscen-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

File: cutscenes.png (207KB, 689x292px) Image search: [Google]
cutscenes.png
207KB, 689x292px
Sun and Moon had too many cutscen-
>>
File: wtf.png (15KB, 140x125px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
15KB, 140x125px
>>
-es

Just because one game had more doesn't mean it still didn't have too many.
>>
omega booby lol
>>
>>32238758
you grossly overestimate the attention span of the average poster on /vp/
>>
If 18 minutes is too many cutscenes I'd hate to see /vp/ play any game that isn't a Pokemon game.
>>
File: wut is this.jpg (14KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
wut is this.jpg
14KB, 407x286px
>>32238758
>Comparing SM to the ORAS
But ORAS was shit
>>
>>32238801
About 15 minutes of those cutscenes is just Lily screaming about love and friendship.

It gets old real quick.
>>
>>32238792

18 minutes of cutscenes is not "too many", especially for an RPG.
>>
>>32238758
>>32238801
Does it include any time say, the screen fades to black just so Lillie will tell you good luck on the trial? The problem isnt only story cutscenes, but small moments that still broke the pace of the game.

Plus, how many of those ORAS cutscenes are the Delta Episode?

This is good bait, but not good enough. Hell, you arent even using two videos from the same channel.
>>
>>32238819
Actually sat down and skimmed through the video. Only about a third of it actually had Lillie or anyone relating to her in it.

It also probably isn't what people are thinking of when they complain about cutscenes in Sun and Moon, though. The videos are the actual animated scenes where they do more then the stock animations
>>
>>32238890
>other games do it so this game can
Stop talking about other unrelated games and stay within the context of this series.
>>
>>32238891
>Plus, how many of those ORAS cutscenes are the Delta Episode?

Of that video, literally three minutes.
>>
>>32238908
It did feel like more desu. That's real odd.
>>
>>32238758
ORAS implemented cutscenes better than SM. Much more spaced out, so it didn't feel like there was someone stopping you every time something happened.
>>
File: 03.png (19KB, 726x476px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
19KB, 726x476px
>>32238758
-es
>>
>>32238941
/thread

Also
>DPPt's slowness
>>
>>32238891
>the screen fades to black just so Lillie will tell you good luck on the trial
The screen fading to black all the fucking time in the game really annoyed me. It's not even after cutscenes either. Almost any time a semi-important NPC speaks to you, it fades to black first.
For fucks sake, rather than showing a character just walk off screen sometimes, they faded it to black and made them disappear.
>>
>>32238891
>Does it include any time say, the screen fades to black just so Lillie will tell you good luck on the trial? The problem isnt only story cutscenes, but small moments that still broke the pace of the game.
That's just dialogue then. It's not SO heavy in other Pokemon games, but it's still very present, especially in BW.
>>
>>32238758
You guys realize that this video doesn't count the sequences of conversation or otherwise tons of dialogue boxes, right?

If you include even just the amount of dialogue the player has with Lillie, it would be much longer.
>>
File: 1477228545777.png (75KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477228545777.png
75KB, 400x240px
>>32238758
Stop. You're not proving anything. When people say cutscene, they aren't talking about these cinematic cutscenes only. They're talking about everything that stops you from playing, any scene or event that is not interactive. And yes, there was a lot of that. Especially the beginning and the end had a lot of these. About the first half hour of the game has barely any gameplay. Just things being explained to you, and you following orders. That is also what people complain about. Cutscene complains are completely fair. If you're going to waste time defending anything, defend the cutscenes, rather than dismissing them. While there were a lot of them, they were fun, at least for me. That's the part most people don't agree on.
>>
>>32238975
Those in the OP are the only cutscenes though.
No matter how you try to spin it, 15 minutes is not a lot for a JRPG. Call me finicky or whatever you want, but those that are annoying are the conversations, or dialogues, for also being unskippable and "unfasteable". But those aren't cutscenes.
>>
When people talk about SM's "cutscenes" they really refer to the absurd amount of dialogue to scroll through, not the actual video clips shown on youtube
>>
>>32239010
motherfucker learn how to read
>>
>>32239010
You're a complete retard.
>>
>>32238805
It's better than any gen 4 or 5 game.
>>
>>32239010
Do you not understand what a cutscene is? As explained in my last post in clear words, "any scene or event that is not interactive" is a cutscene. That includes the "conversations".
>>
>>32238758
at least ORAS is skippable
>>
>>32239010
Stop saying "a JRPG" and talk about the pokemon franchise

>>32238963
Yeah. It was really odd and really distracting. It's also why people hate the Stoutland Search guy so much.

>>32238968
It's present in every game, but never this pace breaking. That's the point. If every piece of dialogue stops the game it it's tracks, it's annoying.
>>
>>32239035
you have to press a though
>>
>>32238801
>>32238890
Listen to this guy >>32238901
Story is not overly important to the main series games. They're about training and battling. I could excuse all the cutscenes for a first time play but it makes revisiting the game a slog. If it was any other RPG then sure, but Pokémon was never about the story at it's core unless it was a spinoff (which this kind of thing would be acceptable for)
Im not too bothered about the cutscenes in SM because there's not a lot to do after the post-game story but my point is: Pokémon doesn't need this much focus on its story. It's fine to do so, but one of my favourite things is playing again and again (on the other version to the one I bought first) with different teams. The mass cutscenes makes it tedious to do so. I'm sure casual players who don't care about the competitive scene agree.
>>
>>32238891
I remember people specifically bitching about cutscenes, not black screens
>>
>>32239084
I don't know if it's still true, but in the old games, you could press b to advance all dialogue.
>>
*jingles keys and says ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?*
>>
>>32239034
stay delusional hoenncuck
>>
>>32239107
*slowly raises paw*
>>
>>32239113
As someone whos favorite game was Emerald, ORAS is pretty damn shitty.
>>
>>32239129
someone still butthurt for the frontier
let it go famalan, its being years
>>
i hate these threads
>>
File: IMG_0940.jpg (35KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0940.jpg
35KB, 500x501px
>>32239034
>>
>>32239035
So you admit about not even knowing your own argument, considering that you have to press buttons to advance conversations.
>>
>>32239145
I'm still upset about much older things anon.
>>
>>32239171
No, I'm going to stop arguing since you lack the ability to understand, thus I'll just be wasting my time if I continue any further. Pressing A is as interactive as pressing Play/Pause button while watching a movie. You're interacting, but completely missing the point. You're not playing the game.
>>
>>32239171
Pres F to Pay Respects is gameplay then?
>>
>>32239145
Being upset about frontier is a legitimate complaint. The reason why BW2 are great games is because of the amount of content in them. It doesn't matter if you don't care or if it's shitty, It's still content and thought was put into it.

Frontier is content. It at least requires GF to put in more thought than battle tree or maison
>>
>>32239197
>using a meme from an irrelevant franchise as an argument
I want the /v/ crossposters to leave
>>
all the shitty stops for dialogue are cutscenes too.
The only difference between them is the camera angle and the fact that I can't mash A.
>>
>>32239018
this.
>>
>>32239221
That's a legit argument and the fact that it also happens to be a meme is irrelevant. Answer the question and stop trying to point to the /v/ boogeyman.
>>
>>32238805
>thinking any main Pokemon game is shit
>>
>>32239197

What were you expecting? No RPG has really frantic skills necessary to play them unless they are not turn based. You wanted pokemon to not be turn based? The competitive community would have your head.
>>
>>32239236
it isn't an argument when the original context has been lost to shitposting

>>32239251
the only other reasonable poster in this thread
>>
>>32239218
nah since they didnt cut content for the games they where remaking
>>
File: 1483336092597.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1483336092597.png
228KB, 358x408px
Doesn't this only include "Cinematic" Cutscenes and not "Every single occasion where the game takes away your freedom so someone can dump exposition on you?"
>>
I will argue that the frontier was never that important. Stop acting like it was a central part of the game. It wasn't.
>>
>>32239221
>>32239259
Your point is that pressing a button takes it out of the realm of cutscenes.

The whole meme status comes from the fact that its a gameplay facsimile. Argue my point or shut the fuck up. Also I never browse /v/. I browsed /vint/

>>32239255
?
>>
>>32239268
judging by how severely autistic most of this board is, I assume any form of storytelling whatsoever, why else do you think /vp/ shits on gen 5 and later so hard
>>
>>32239278
>being this desperate to have your shitposting circlejerk validated
sorry if I'm not enough of a brainless twat for you
>>
>>32239186
>You're not playing the game.
You're not playing the game while watching a move's animation either.
>>
>>32239218
>recycling sprites and teams for a battle tower with less fights is "thought was put into it"
>>
>>32239281
Oh no. The argument wasn't the presence of a story, it was that the story was shit. I can't say much differently for this. Sure, they found out how to make atmosphere, but that atmosphere means nothing if you don't do anything with that atmosphere. You're still faffing about doing absolutely nothing while villains that have nothing to do with you're doing cause junk. A college professor would look at this and vomit and then tell you to leave their sight and never come back again!
>>
>>32239319
And you can turn that off, if you dislike it. You're basically just watching it because you like it. The same goes for cutscenes, but they are not optional.
>>
>>32239330
>A college professor would look at this and vomit and then tell you to leave their sight and never come back again!
you clearly haven't been to college if you really think professors don't have to put up with far worse than what you make SM's storytelling to be on a daily basis
>>
>>32239319
>You're not playing the game while watching a move's animation either.
That's why there is an option to disable them.
Now answer the question that everyone asked to you: can "Press F to pay respect" really be considered gameplay?
Or do you admit that all your arguments have been destroyed by a fucking /v/ meme?
>>
>>32239362
And you haven't graduated high school if you don't know what a hyberbole is.
>>
>>32239377
what is poe's law?
>>
>>32239377
hyperbole

Shut up.
>>
>>32238975
/thread
The anything after this is just repeating the same or autiscially screeching about how much they hate SM.
>>
>>32239384
A poor excuse considering where we are. You know what I'm saying, and I know what you're saying.
>>
There is not enough Ritalin in the entire planet for this thread.
>>
>>32239396
so you admit that you never had an argument and were just talking out your ass the whole time?
>>
>>32239407
You said it, not me.
>>
>>32239412
Shut up.
Just answer the question
>>
Just in case, why in the world would you take anything that's said here literally?
>>
>>32239412
>>32239420
benis
>>
File: bleach.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>32239405
ritalin isn't powerful enough for this thread
>>
>>32239288
Literally no argument lol. I dont feel insulted if you're insulting me because you have no response
>>
>>32238758
>not counting all the ones that are people standing around gesturing and talking
>>
>>32238758

The problem was that there was a fade-to-black cutscene every ten steps in Sun & Moon whereas ORAS at least let you explore for a few hours before dumping a somewhat longer cutscene on you.
>>
>>32238801
/vp/ wouldn't last 5 seconds on either of the Xenoblade games.
>>
>>32239863
is xenoblade on wii u VC in NA yet?
>>
>>32238797
lol
>>
Define cutscene.
Good. Now you know that SM is great at being shit with or without them anyway.
only good things about sm were the new pogeymans
salazzle is best girl, lillie and top lel are shits
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.