[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Johto's legendary Pokémon so amazing? What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Pokémon.png (4MB, 2148x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.png
4MB, 2148x1408px
Why are Johto's legendary Pokémon so amazing? What went right?
>>
>>32238625
The bird duo is great.

Celebi is cute.

The beasts look really tacky though. Entei is the exception, and he's pretty cool.
>>
>>32238731
>Not Suicune
Look at this contrarian over here
>>
>>32238744
Why is it contrarian? Suicune always looked ugly to me since I played Crystal as a kid.

Sorry not everybody finds a blue dog with a balloon on its head and toilet paper stuck to its ass appealing.
>>
>>32238744
I don't get why everyone likes Suicune. I never thought it or Lugia were cool. I also like Entei like the other anon.
>>
>>32238625
Fluid designs, nothing too extra tacked on, aesthetically pleasing. Gen 3 was successful too I feel with its Legends.

Gen 4's style is when I started grinding my teeth just looking at some of them. Same with Gen 5. Gen 6 had beautiful box Legends. Gen 7's were pretty great overall.
>>
>>32238731
>The beasts look really tacky though
Nah. Their details are very seamlessly integrated into their designs, especially the manes. Raikou's is a thundercloud, Entei's resembles volcanic smoke, and Suicune's is Aurora Borealis.

Honestly the most genius design elements in Pokémon in my opinion.
>>
>>32238760
>>32238771
Your just proving his point. Suicune is the most popular of the trio. Not sure if Entei is the least popular though, pretty sure that goes to Raikou
>>
>>32238778
>nothing too extra tacked on
Going to have to disagree
>>
File: 102384-1301051510.png (2KB, 56x55px) Image search: [Google]
102384-1301051510.png
2KB, 56x55px
>>32238625
Absolutely nothing. Aside from Ho-Oh they're all rehashes of the Kanto legends. Even Suicune was clearly intended to be Ice type until a last-minute change.

They're not the worst legends but they're desperately uninspired. Anyone who disagrees is doing so solely because of nostalgia, probably nostalgia for HGSS given the average age of this board.
>>
>>32238835
I don't really care about his point. I'm just saying, not liking a Pokemon doesn't make you a contrarian. I literally just don't get the appeal.
>>
>>32238625
All the Johto legendaries are inspired by Japanese myth to some extent. And that Johto has a strong traditional Japanese feel due to being based off Kansai. So the legendaries have a very consistent look and feel that's also consistent with the rest of the region and its lore.

Later regions' legendaries are more all over the place in terms of inspiration, and they don't always really fit with the region's feel as a whole. Sinnoh comes the closest in terms of how much though was put into lore.
>>
>>32238786
Suicune doesn't seem to look much like anything at first glance. I guess you could infer wind from its ass ribbons blowing forward, but really is just looks like a weird blue dog wth stuff tacked on.

Raikou is all right with its thundercloud cape, but then it has that godawful lightning bolt sticker pattern a lot of electric types suffer from. Its face is really nice looking too, at least.

Entei is the best one in my opinion. It looks like it has a bunch of crags and mountains growing out of its back, like the earth split open and now there's smoke trailing out. It's also the least garish color wise, and just looks so much more imposing compared to the other two.
>>
>>32239028
>godawful lightning bolt sticker pattern
But Raikou is a tiger. A sabre-toothed one maybe but a tiger nonetheless. It makes sense, doesn't it?
>>
>>32238760
Yeah I always wondered wtf is up with suicunes tail(s)
>>
>>32238835
Entei got to star in a movie, Suicune got to be a box mascot and be in the Celebi movie, Raikou got stuck in a shitty special

Makes sense I guess
>>
>>32238625
entei is for hug
>>
>>32241821
*fug
>>
>>32241845
>>32241850
no
>>
File: image.png (127KB, 450x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127KB, 450x890px
>>32241850
>>
>>32241850
>>32241870
>>32241821
Poképhiles need to be put in concentration camps.
>>
>>32238924
>Hoenn
>jewish legendaries in Kyushu
>Unova
>chinese, japanese/aztec and french/scottish legendaries in New York

What were they thinking
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.