[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dub of 20th anniversary movie is irredeemable bullshit >Fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: james-carter-cathcart-25.2.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
james-carter-cathcart-25.2.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>Dub of 20th anniversary movie is irredeemable bullshit
>Fans complain
>"Haters gonna hate. Leave it to the Pokémon fanbase to reject new things that are better than what they grew up with :-P "
>>
>>32233940
TPCi is going to butcher the Movie 20 dub, fans will be mad, dub wars will start over 4Kids v. TPCi (even though anyone can tell 4Kids dubbed the Pokemon Series better than TPCi did by now), and Cathcart will comment sarcastically on Youtube Videos along with Knotz.

Bill Rogers might also be a jerk like he always is, too. Natochenny will be the one saying "Haters gonna hate," and Kayzie will not comment.
>>
>>32235046
but anon, 4kids stopped dubbing anime altogether in 2012. They cannot return to dubbing pokemon even if they were offered the rights to it, which would never happen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Licensing_Corporation
>>
>>32235060
Oh, I know, but 4Kids technically still are dubbing the Yu-Gi-Oh Anime under 4KMedia/Konami despite the parent company being canned (sadly, save for the recent Dark Side of Dimensions Movie, the Yu-Gi-Oh dubs are still unwatchable).

Pokemon was 4Kids' best dub, though, it was actually a good one nonetheless despite only running from 1998-2006: TPCi's is leagues worse, be it with TAJ or (the currently horrible) DuArt.
>>
>>32235060
The arguments happening has nothing to do with any shifting of rights. It'll stay with TPCi, who will continue to do a shit job.

Also the old 4Kids dubbing studio technically still exists as a Konami subsidairy known as 4K Media, solely to dub YGO.
>>
>>32235587
Yup: the arguments are only pertinent to both companies' handling of the Pokemon dub, which despite its own flaws, 4Kids managed to do a genuinely superior dub for the first 8 years, than the dub TPCi's been doing for the last 10+ years now (which has the same flaws as the old 4Kids dub but with inferior acting, writing, and music).
>>
Let's be real here. It doesn't matter what the movie is, the dub is not going to be good. If you want it to be good, Kickstarter something to get a REAL studio to do it.
>>
File: IMG_0128.gif (620KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0128.gif
620KB, 500x363px
>>
>>32236220
What the fuck does this GIF have to do with anything?
>>
>>32236202

probably not but the Yu-Gi-Oh movie managed to bring its original cast back and be a mostly solid translated script.

I haven't seen the movie yet but most folks who have seen it said it was pretty damn good.

it would be nice if TCPI put some effort into this. I doubt they'd ever consider bringing back Veronica Taylor for it, even though it'd be a perfect way to get her back into Pokemon.
>>
File: IMG_2503.jpg (288KB, 616x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2503.jpg
288KB, 616x616px
>>32236224
>>
File: IMG_2515.png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2515.png
71KB, 250x250px
I met Clemont's dub VA at an IHOP in New York yesterday. He was eating pancakes and asked the nice waitress to get five more extra bottles for his table only. I told him how meh it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him about his shitty dub work or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you're doing right now?" then got the extra syrup. I noticed that the waitress had to take some from the other tables in order to fulfill his need. I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "THE FUTURE IS NOW THANKS TO SCIENCE" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued to my table, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

He then got all of his syrup bottles and drenched his entire stack full of pancakes, then he lapped the mushy shit up like a dog. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen pounds of syrup-packed pancake glop in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for your meal first.”

At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When they started the transaction, he stopped her multiple times by burping in her face rudely, making her smell all the maple goo he just swallowed down. Then he left while gorging down on his leftovers saying "WOAH WELCOME TO EB GAMES. COPY THAT"
>>
>>32236224
Actually, you bring up an interesting point. Why WOULDN'T they bring back the original voice cast? Even Digimon understood the importance of this. We all know TCPI is too cheap to do it, though. (even though they brought some of them back for a minor cameo, so their argument is completely nil) This is my personal opinion, but at least Sarah makes it plausible to at least pretend Ash is older. (even if he isn't) This is back to the beginning, though. Hearing that voice as if he always had it will be blasphemy. He needs to sound like a kid again, and Veronica is good at that. Then again, if this is complete reboot-verse, then maybe they can be justified in the matter he "always" had this voice. I, for one, will still say he shouldn't sound that old.
>>
>>32236252

lol

>>32236272

well Digimon Adventure Tri didn't bring everyone back, not Matt, Joe or Kari's VA's, I can understand Matt and Joe since they've been inactive for some time but Lara Jill Miller is pretty active still which is weird.

still props for getting Joshua Seth back at least.
>>
>>32236272
>Even Digimon understood the importance of this.
They did?
>>
>>32236307
Yup.

>>32236294
Movie 20 is going to be such an incredibly painful Pokemon English dub to endure since Veronica was the perfect dub Ash (and Delia), Eric was the perfect dub Brock (and James), Rachael was the perfect dub Misty (and Jessie), plus the late Maddie is sadly not with us now (though TPCi could bring back Nathan, but they won't because they're dicks, so it'll be JCC's horrid portrayal as always).

On top of TPCi's English dubs (be it anything they've done, even Origins- sorry, not sorry) having genuinely inferior voice acting to that of what 4Kids did, the fact their dumb TAJ & now DuArt teams committed all the same sins as 4Kids did but made everything else a thousand times worse 4Kids did not (music raping, awful scripting on a consistent basis, awful vocal direction + awful intros), this Movie's dub having to deal with all that shit is going to make it bullshit of the highest order.
>>
TPCi is a garbage company, really, just leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9s2euosEc

It's no surprise they butchered the Anime and Movie dubs, really. Even Generations dub was mediocre-poor despite having prolific VA talent, not shocked.
>>
>>32235046
>4Kids v. TPCi
They are both shit
>>
>>32237758
4Kids was significantly less horrific than TPCi, at least: they did a good enough job handling Pokemon in comparison.
>>
>>32237607
I think JCC is okay desu
>>
>>32238088
Cathcart pls.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.