[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon finally arrives on the Switch >Dock mode not compatible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8333.jpg (92KB, 612x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8333.jpg
92KB, 612x670px
>Pokemon finally arrives on the Switch
>Dock mode not compatible
>>
>"We decided that Touch Screen integration is a very important part of Pokémon, and so to prevent the experience being changed from what we intend, we have disallowed Dock Mode to function in Pokémon [titles]. We hope you appreciate the achievement!"

>you only use the touch screen for Amiefresh and being able to touch the battle icons
>>
honestly would not surprise me

performance issues also aren't out of the equation, apparently some games run better in handheld mode than dock mode, and i could see gamefreak not being able to keep the game from shitting itself in one mode over the other
>>
ITT: Incompetent things only Game Freak could do/achieve
>>
It's funny because it's completely possible
>>
Nintendo would not allow this
>>
>>32226372
there is currently a game on the jp eshop that doesn't work in dock mode

it's a port of a mobile game, but the fact it exists at all means nintendo isn't dead set on disallowing games that don't run in both modes
>>
>>32226277
>Bring back the PSS
>You have to halt the game on a separate menu to use it now instead of it being readily available

>>32226372
Like how they didn't allow them to scrap 3D, the 3DS's main selling point, for most of the game despite it still being laggy as shit afterwards?
>>
>>32226386
I'm doubtful that Nintendo would allow Gamefreak to disable dock mode
>>
>>32226405
3D still was used
>>
>>32226179
There is no chance of them doing that if only because of VGC. They aren't going to waste money to be able to record footage directly from a Switch rather than the tv output.
>>
>>32226249
The only game that runs better in handheld mode is BotW and that's been mostly fixed with a patch for the game. Everything else with issues was because of a resource draining bug making the Switch try to autoconnect to WiFi frequently for some people. In handheld mode, airplane mode would take care of that bug.
>>
>>32226424
Yeah,for like only 2% part of the game.
>>
>>32226386
And Pokemon is intended to be always portable, just like a typical mobile game.
>>
>>32226372
>gone from iconic pixel RPG artstyle to shitty amateur 3D models
>release 2 gens with literally no postgame
>cuck the Battle Frontier out of existence
>change the game formular to be as linear as ever
>removing the 3D feature after converting to a 3D game
>remove the fucking regional dex
Oh they 100% would. Because it is gonna sell anyway just because it is a main series Pokemon title. Media and normies will shill it anyway, so who needs quality, right?
>>
>>32227404
>muh pixyl arts
also
Gen 5 had postgame though? Games were always linear though? 3D feature is useless though? And regional dex is in every game?
>>
>>32227633
The pixel artstyle was a lot more appealing. Especially because most 3D models and animations are really poorly made. I said 2 gens had no postgame, with this I meant Gen 6 and 7. Gen 5 was a bit lacking but had enough postgame to satisfy me.
Gen 7 is as linear as ever. There is no puzzles or looking for specific areas/items to continue, you just get told where to go, go down a route that is basically just a path with a bunch of grass without any variation and battle trainers that are as easy as ever. The 3D feature may be a bit useless but that was the entire point of the 3DS and making Pokemon 3D and they just remove it for no reason. There is no regional dex in Sun and Moon, you have to pay for Pokebank to get one that you can only view in Pokebank itself.
>>
>>32227650
Gen 7 isn't finished yet.
Puzzles don't make games any less linear.
3DS is just a handheld with a gimmick, but since its the newest nintendo handheld they develop to it.
And yes, there is an Alolan pokedex.
>>
>>32227659
Fuck meant to say national dex. Excuse me its pretty early here.
You're right, Gen 7 isn't over yet. But what exactly are they gonna have to do to make up for Sun and Moon's lacking postgame?
Puzzles were a bit lacking in variation aswell but they were a lot less linear than just walking a straight empty path. It would've been great if they combined both, as having routes that are just paths or open plains could be interesting if they have some kind of thing that makes them interesting. Even if it just a few super hard trainers, there needs to be something to do.
>>
>>32227690
What did they do with R/S, D/P and B/W?
>>
>>32227694
Third versions/sequels seem to be dead though. Remakes seem to be next big thing that follows up to the gens games. If there is gonna be any of the above they would need to announce it sooner or later. I could be wrong though and they just randomly decide which Gens gets remakes as a followup and which Gens third versions/sequels.
>>
>>32227708
On what basis, one generation?
>>
>>32226216
>implying they won't spend 2 years to perfect HD rumble for the motion controls in amie
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.