[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you play Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

>>
>>32226162
>Hilda
>With boobs

No.
>>
>>32226162
I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>32226162
Muh dick
>>
>>32226162
It's comfy and I like the monsters.
>>
>>32226162
something something still refuse to grow up
>>
>>32226162
I find the pocket monsters arousing.
>>
>>32226162
DELETE THIS!!!
>>
>>32226162
Link?
>>
>>32226162
1) I actually enjoy the worldbuilding somewhat. New dex entries make more sense of how their world works, even if it's counterproductive to what some fans wanted it to be.
2) Games have at least one tune that'll stick to my brain like glue
3) Pokegirls and MILFs
>>
>>32226341
wat
>>
easy to play
cute girls with lots of fan-art
>>
>>32226552
>>
>>32226162
To honor a deceased friend who absolutely loved pokemon (wanted a pokemon themed wedding).

Regardless of what anybody says, I find all the games equally enjoyable.

Like >>32226366 said, the music sometimes sticks in your head (vs rival BW, champion theme 4th and 6th gen)

It helps keep me somewhat sane in a world that gets more and more fucked up every day.

Victini.

Weavile.

It's something that keeps my friends and I connected in one way or another.

The fan base is more tolerable than League of Legends, Overwatch, or other games where there is forced interaction with potentially toxic players that suck the fun out of it.

It pisses PETA off (much like the quest in WoW where you blow up mammoths with dynamite).

Sometimes I want to play a game where death is not commonplace.

Again like >>32226366 said, pokegirls. A lot of them are so cute you want to hug them.

Meloetta.

It's many times better than digimon.

I still have my 1st Edition Machamp and Mewtwo cards. Had to trade for literally the same Machamp 3 times because it got stolen twice.

Much like other games, It helps me forget the massive amount of debt I've been forced to build up because of broken promises of work.

I'm out of stamina in final fantasy record keeper.

Blizzard game server maintenance.

I can't afford a Nintendo Switch.

Gardevoir.

Hilda's ass.

The plethora of fan art out there, much of which makes for amazing desktop wallpapers (chandelure + gardevoir fusion).

It helps keep my in head math skills somewhat sharp (figuring base attack, stab, and weakness bonuses or penalties to get AP equivalent).

It can be the best conversation starter. I've made several friends because of the games.

Despite them getting easier over the years, it's still one of the more potentially challenging games I play (baby runs, nuzlocke, etc).

There's a lot of fun bits of merchandise that brighten up an otherwise gloomy day just by looking at it.

Hilda's ass.
>>
>>32226726
What the fuck is this pasta
>>
>>32226803
Rigatoni that seems to piss you off.
>>
>>32226816
top kek
>>
>>32226162
Because I loved it as a kid, and even though I know I'll generally be disappointed with the new games, Nintendo keeps dragging me back in like the cuck I am.

Sun and Moon was actually good though. I'm glad I played that one.
>>
>>32226162
stuff like this.
>>
I haven't played it in a while, but I started played it because I used to watch the Gen 3 ashnime as a kid and because I liked the fandom.
>>
Because I unironically like the story (which has been getting better at every generation) and (some of) the Pokemon designs.
>>
I played it when I was a child and never considered stopping.
>>
>>32229089
>Gen 3 ashnime
>as a kid

Fucking hell I hate hoennbabies
>>
>>32226162
Not thicc enough.
>>
>>32226162
Because it's entertaining. I'm probably the most casual Pokemon fan here though. I only play the games every now and then, have missed/skipped several games, occasionally watch the anime (loving Sun and Moon), and I stopped giving much of a shit about merch sometime around my early teens. Mostly in it for the lore, and I still feel a huge rush whenever a new gen of Pokemon comes out.
>>
Cool monsters that are easy to remember and it is fun to think of stuff like new mons or how some mons would interact. It sounds autistic but it is mostly for those fun quick thoughts you have while taking a bus or a bath

The games are easy and quite fun, using different monsters each time is great, I've been playing for 14 years and I still haven't used them all

The music, while not fantastic, is memorable, and easy to whistle while you're killing time

But the biggest reason is nostalgia. This is THE series that got me into the whole vidya world. It surely has its ups and downs, but I don't think I will drop it any soon, it has amazing replay value and I just love the monsters
>>
File: awesomeface.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
awesomeface.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
because it's fun
>>
I don't play I just fap and shitpost
Digimon and Yokai Watch are better
>>
>>32226162
To get my Bankai
>>
Because I'm not satisfied with my life so I escape to the Pokémon world where I can see great friendships, cuteness and adventure.

Also I like completing the Pokédex.
>>
>>32226162
Honestly I haven't played a pokemon game in years. Idk why I still come here.
>>
>>32226163
Such gross giant udders
>>
>>32226162
superpowered pet simulator
>>
>>32231959
>Digimon and Yokai Watch are better
How???
Nah i don't need an answer because you are only a shitposter.
>>
>>32226162
Not sure, last main game I played was X.
I guess it's because I've been so deep in to this shit for so many years, that it takes no effort to keep getting updated.
I look at the catalog and can understand what is being discussed without having played the game, when that stops being true. is when pokemon will start phasing me out.
>>
>>32226162
The escapism was a huge thing for me, plus the idea that I was a hero made me feel really good. Always felt like a badass after I sent the villain team packing. And as an adult I'd be lying if I said those feelings went away. However now I'm much more into the competitive side.
>>
I started playing when I was 6 I think, what hooked me was the cool monsters and that I got to control them, and that we were basically best friends. I always imagined hanging out with my Pokemon like playing at the pool and how my life would be different if I lived in the Pokemon world. I was so jealous of the anime but it was the closest thing I'd get and I loved it. And now I still love those things about the franchise but what's got me still hooked is the level of false simplicity. That in a battle it's as simple as defeating all the other trainers Pokemon, but how to do so goes so deep. And I love the lore of the game, thinking about how the world works is very interesting to me.
>>
>>32236176
Digimon has had far better plots, far more extensive worldbuilding, ect. However, pokemon has atmosphere, accessability, and competitive balancing which the digimon franchise sorely lacks the majority of the time.
>>
Keeps me from killing myself
>>
>>32226162
I like the heavy focus on fantastic creatures. It's also the main reason I play monster hunter.
>>
>>32236709
>Digimon has had far better plots
How? digimon plot are pure weeb cringe tropes
Indeed part of the reason of why Digimon failed as product outside japan is beacuse the story/plot is too anime.

>far more extensive worldbuilding
Digimon world building is shit and is another of the reason of why the series never meet success: the whole world is inconsistent between shows. Is not a cohesive worldbuilding, even compared to yokai watch games.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.