[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red canonically is the weakest protagonist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: Red.png (146KB, 278x598px) Image search: [Google]
Red.png
146KB, 278x598px
Red canonically is the weakest protagonist.
>>
>>32223464
Try posting this on YouTube or less contrarian site and see if you get out alive
>>
>>32223464
OP canonically is the gayest poster.
>>
>>32223612
no that's me
>>
>>32223617
Prove it.
>>
>>32223464
>>32223617
Prove it
>>
>>32223627
>>32223659
prove it
>>
>>32223464
He's literally one of the two people, not Pokemon, but people, to achieve the status of a living Legend. Canonically, he's the hottest shit, along with Blue.
>>
>>32223464
We just know he lost to ethan and might have lost to nate and sun. He's canonically not the strongest but you csnt say he's the weakest.
>>
File: 9f201c366bffe6c3a415b73527f3c179.jpg (114KB, 1000x1399px) Image search: [Google]
9f201c366bffe6c3a415b73527f3c179.jpg
114KB, 1000x1399px
>>32223464
Daily reminder the protagonists from Gen II and BW2 canonically destroyed Red in battle.

Nate (or Rosa) is canonically the strongest pokemon trainer to date.
>>
>>32223821
Sun/Moon too
>>
File: 1481115495641.jpg (10KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1481115495641.jpg
10KB, 325x325px
FUCK OFF YOU CONTRARIAN FAGGOTS RED IS THE STRONGEST TRAINER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>32223821
>>32223834
>Nate
>Sun
You don't even canonically fight Red you autistic retards. SM gives a chance to fight Blue, and literally anyone can be fought in BW2 tournament, not necessarily Red, and you can lose all of that. Use that fucking brain you were gifted for fucking once.

>Ethan
Fighting Red is postgame, part of optional content, which has been proven to be left alone canonically over and over and over again, but I guess a waste of oxygen like who only sees and thinks with your hate boner for Red would miss all of that.
>>
>>32224035
This
>>
>>32224035
Jesus Christ you have the worst autism I've ever seen on this board.
>>
File: 60791940_p0.jpg (606KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
60791940_p0.jpg
606KB, 768x1024px
>>32223464
You don't understand - he's allowing it happen because he wants it
>>
>>32224035
Just accept the reality, anon.

Red jobbed to Ethan / Kris / Lyra, Nate / Rosa and Sun / Chicken-chan.

>>32223834
This.
>>
>>32224202
I will accept it when there is even a single piece, just one piece of evidence that proves optional content is every touched by a protagonist. As it stands, there is not a single thing that points toward it, but many, many that point to optional shit, like postgame, being left untouched. They went out of their way to change Red's team to reflect this, removing the optional Pokemon, Eevee, from his team. They had all Legendaries return. They did the same in Unova, where literally all of optional content from BW was left untouched.

I'll accept it the day there is even a single bit of evidence that points towards this. As it is, there is none. And I'm not going to accept something that is basically just headcanon for the sake of fitting in with /vp/ and all the autists that browse this god forsaken board.
>>
File: hes right u no.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
hes right u no.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>32224035
>Fighting Red is postgame, part of optional content, which has been proven to be left alone canonically
>>
>>32223464
This is true his team is complete shit.
>>
>>32224247
he may be right, but go back to 9fag if you want to use those shit memes
>>
>>32224202
Cut Red some slack, the faggot became champion he was fucking 11 thats amazing honestly.
>>
File: lit.png (314KB, 455x320px) Image search: [Google]
lit.png
314KB, 455x320px
>>32224035
Playing the game is optional.
Ethan traveling through Johto is not canon because I, the player, chose to let him give up after Whitney. Nate never left home and Team Plasma froze Unova because I never left Pokestar Studios. Sun never saved Lillie and Cosmog and Lusamine died with Guzma in Ultra Space because I never even bothered to touch the game again.
>>
>>32224275
It's just a reaction image you nigger
>>
>>32224235
>I'll accept it the day there is even a single bit of evidence that points towards this.
The rocket grunt with the accent from GSC post game returns in BW
>>
>>32224286
nigger is your reaction image
>>
>>32224276
They're only calling him a weak protagonist, not a weak character. A few other protagonists become Champions at the game of 11. He's being compared to those, and these anons, wrongly, are calling him weaker than those.
>>
>>32224291
no u
>>
>Faggots believing post game is canon
Does that mean Brendan is the strongest b/c he owns a mega evolving rayquaza? No you fucking idiots.

I honestly don't even believe everything that you do during the game is canon. Because thats your journey and not the protags. They're just avatars that you control. Red being the only one that they brought back just means that his journey is official. The others are just speculation at this point. Not everyone becomes champion. This is why the manga is so much better. They give other protags other goals
>>
>>32224319
>main game isn't canon
ebin
>>
>>32223713
Then why do all the protags beat his ass so easily and why is his team not even level 100?
>>
>>32223821
>(or Rosa)
Why is she in brackets, sexist shitlord
>>
>>32224339
>Other protags
Correction. You mean yourself. Your automatically going to win against him or any other characters because that's how the game is meant to be played
>>
>>32224319
>Does that mean Brendan is the strongest b/c he owns a mega evolving rayquaza?
Yes, actually. Who do you think is the strongest? Spoilers: you're wrong.
>>
>>32224319
Hilbert/Hilda catch their respective legendaries during the main story, same for Calem/Serena and Sun/Moon, Brendan owning Rayquaza doesn't sound too farfetched.
>>
>>32224289
And? What does that have to do with anything?
I doubt anyone is this stupid, but in case you're implying that somehow proves that Ethan visited Kanto and stopped him, you're wrong. There is no mention of that ever happening. That Rocket Grunt will exist, with or without Ethan. To give an example, In FRLG, there are two Snorlax blocking roads. Battling one is required. Battling both is optional. Sure enough, Red battles only one. Does that mean that the other Snorlax doesn't exist? No. It's just optional to battle. The same goes for the Grunt. He exists, but the encountering him is optional. And considering he doesn't mention Ethan, that just goes in favor of optional content not being canon argument.

>>32224319
You're being retarded for other reasons. First of all, ORAS is not a Masuda game. You can't even apply this to ORAS. This sort of thing depends on the director's choice. Tajiri, back in GS days, made all optional content canon. During GS time, Red losing to Ethan could be considered canon, as all optional and postgame content was being seen as canon back then. It was Masuda fucked that up in HGSS,
Secondly, everything that you need to do in order to get the credits is canon. And all but one, Hilbert, need to become Champions to get the credits, marking the end of the game. All protagonists, except Hilbert, are or were Champion.

>>32224339
>why is his team not even level 100
They literally bring the level of his Pokemon down in SM. Levels don't mean shit.
>>
File: 178832145.jpg (9KB, 261x179px) Image search: [Google]
178832145.jpg
9KB, 261x179px
>>32224035
>>32224247
>Fighting Red is postgame, part of optional content, which has been proven to be left alone canonically
But you get the game credits AFTER beating red, doesn't that mean that Red is the last fight of the game, and as such, it's necessary for ''beating the game''?
>>
>>32224395
Those are the second credits. They don't mean much. Game ends with first credits. In BW, you get first credits beating Ghetsis, not the League. You can get credits a second time if you become Champion. But in BW2, Hilbert wasn't the Champion. The second credits were disregarded, and the game ended with first credits. Unless there's some proof this isn't the case with HGSS, the game ends with first credits, becoming Champion.
>>
>>32224392
>That Rocket Grunt will exist, with or without Ethan.
nope.
>>
>>32224392
>Does that mean that the other Snorlax doesn't exist?
not any of the posters you replied, but just you know, one Snorlax is still in Kanto and the other one is part of Red's team.
So, it's canon what happened to those two Snorlax
>>
>>32224411
>Game ends with first credits. In BW, you get first credits beating Ghetsis, not the League.
I played BW a long time ago now, so i don't remember it that well, but don't you fight Ghetsis after beating the elite 4?
>>
>>32224436
You beat E4, but don't challenge the Champion or register in Hall of Fame. As soon as you beat E4, the League Challenge is interrupted. Before you fight N, the Champion, you heal Pokemon, get access to the PC, and catch a new Pokemon. This disqualifies you, as you're not allowed to do any of those things before challenging the Champion. You defeats N, but doesn't become Champion. Afterwards, you fight Ghetsis, and beating him gets you the credits.
The second time around, you get credits for challenging the League normally, beating the Alder and registering in Hall of Fame.

>>32224428
Not sure what you're trying to say, but okay? What happened to the second was that it was optional, thus left alone. I didn't say anything to imply otherwise.
>>
>>32224339
Because its just how the games are, if the situation was reversed Red would beat the other protags.

Also levels don't actually mean shit. They don't seem to actually matter in universe whatsoever, they're just there and talked about for the convenience of the player and systems.
>>
>>32224476
>Not sure what you're trying to say
Just trying to point this fact. It's implied in gen II that those pokemon are the same 2 snorlax. But I agree with your vision that you can't compare games by different directors though.
>>
>>32224335
>Everything in main game is canon
Steven mentions guy with a black charizard in oras (Alain)
And theres a picture of Ash and Pikachu in the abandoned market in SM. Does that mean the anime is canon too?
>>
>>32224517
Ask Ohmori.
>>
>>32224525
Has any of the directors actually said that everything in the main games and/or post game is canon?
>>
>>32224517
There's a reference to Mario in FRLG. Does that make Nintendo, Mario, Link and such games canon in Pokemon? No. It's a just a small reference. You can literally encounter GF staff, who tell you they made you. These are small little references you're not supposed to take seriously. Oh, and they're all optional. This word is starting to trigger me a bit, but I thought I should point it out.

>>32224545
Nope. Because no one asked.
>>
>>32224545
No. But the anime references were probably Ohmori's idea.
>>
>>32224559
Then why the he'll is everyone arguing and forcing their headcanons about protags as fact?
>>
>>32224579
Because you don't need the developer to explicitly tell you everything. You can try playing the games. They'll tell you most of what you need to know. Saying that only what the developers outright tell you matters is a bit ridiculous.
>>
Assuming the MCs of each game reach their post game goals

Ethan/Kris/Lyra = Nate/Rosa = Sun/Moon > Red/Leaf = Brendan/May = Lucas/ Dawn = Hilbert/Hilda = Calem/Serena

You could argue Lucas and Dawn are equal to Ethan, Kris, and Lyra for beating the same Battle Frontier but that's just conjecture. And this wouldn't necessarily be the case for Hilbert and Hilda since it's implied that you were meant to battle them at some point in B2W2
>>
>>32224035
ive seen better autism
>>
>>32223713
this
>>
>>32224517
Shiny charizard is black, anon.
>>
>>32224677
"Hm.. You know, seeing that white beauty there that you travel with... I'm reminded of the Legendary Pokemon Rayquaza, said to descend at the Sky Pillar. I once had the chance to see it face to face. Although, it was a long time ago now... The young man who battled against Rayquaza beside me... I wonder whatever happened to him and that black Charizard of his."
-Steven
>>
To begin with Ethan going to Kanto makes no sense. You collect badges to become Champion. He's already the Champion. He doesn't need badges from his own League. You can't even say he's just looking for challenge. Becoming a Champion already puts you well above Gym Leaders, so there's no challenge to be had there. He's just bullying Gym Leaders and forcing them to give him badges.
>>
>>32224723
>makes no sense
>He's just bullying Gym Leaders
Nice way to contradict yourself.
>>
Just calling Red weak started this whole discussion. There are so many people who like him to go to such lengths and come up with these arguments to defend him on an Italian cooking board. The fact that he can win the hearts of so many people without even speaking makes Red the true winner in all of this.
>>
Why do people argue about protaginist power levels? They'll all just us and Red only loses since he's the only to return as an NPC. Any other character would also lose.
>>
>>32223464
>Get's beaten by Gold
>Black/White2
>Sun&Moon
Can Red ever recover?
>>
You guys are hilarious in a sad way.
>>
>>32224817
Fucking this man. Just because all of the players are do controllable and technically us means that none of them will ever be stronger than each other or any other character. You canonfags are so fucking autistic. I hope that one day GF out right denies everything so that you all will be BTFO
>>
File: genwun.png (352KB, 855x605px) Image search: [Google]
genwun.png
352KB, 855x605px
>>32223464
GENWUN
E
N
W
U
N
>>
>>32224035
>post game is not canon
>red is post game
Every time

I do agree /vp/ has this stupid hate for red but come on.

>>32224235
>legendaries return
Gameplay. Means shit. The only issue is if oras happened after gen 5 on its universe which is not confirmed. And again, gameplay.

>eevee
All pokemon are optional. Literally the first option you get in gen 1 is ONE of three starters. Means shit.
>>
>>32224319
>Faggots believing post game is canon
It hasnt been proven

>Does that mean Brendan is the strongest b/c he owns a mega evolving rayquaza? No you fucking idiots.
Either he or may owns it, what contradicts this?

>I honestly don't even believe everything that you do during the game is canon. Because thats your journey and not the protags. They're just avatars that you control.
Can say the same about main game.

>Red being the only one that they brought back just means that his journey is official.
All games are official products so all are official.

>Not everyone becomes champion.
Yes they do.
>>
Well considering that Sun/Moon have both the powers of Mega Evolution AND Z-Powers I'm pretty sure that they are canonically the strongest trainers
>>
>>32224035
Is pepe raging or getting kameha'd by goku here?
>>
>"strongest" trainer
>still uses the 7 Year Old Special as his team
>>
On top of the world like I'm Red, I'm the final boss
Aimin' for the horn? That's why Rhydon lost
>>
>>32224918
Fucking this
>>
>>32225704
Hit you for your level like Machamp, Seismic Toss. Hit you with the knock off, held item mic was dropped.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.