[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random shit that's happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01477.jpg (490KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01477.jpg
490KB, 1280x720px
I thought I would share this with /vp/
When I was in I think 3rd grade, I recieved a grey floppy diskkett from some kid on my class. It had Pokemon Silver on it. This was about I think a year before it came out.
I took it home and popped it in my pc and turned it on. It was actually Silver on a floppy, but the thing was that it had a hex code down at the bottom you could do stuff with. However, I've lost the diskett since then. My father said he also remembers this. He said I told him "some kid told you their dad worked at Nintendo." Has this ever happened to any one else? Or something similar? Also ignore the random image, I'm on my wii u cause my computer shit out on me. You guys have any stories that you don't know how to prove that was like a once in a life time chance? (BTW YES A keyboard works on the wii u if you didn't know. I'm using a wireless one right now)
>>
>>32221496
Some kid downloaded a fan translated rom and said they got it from their dad at Nintendo.
>>
>>32221664
this
>>
>>32221664
This was late 90s early 2ks I believe. Did we have sites like that?
>>
>>32221775
Yes. Roms aren't a new thing.
>>
>>32221775
I knew that, but I didn't know how line they've been a thing. I guess as soon as someone knew how take apart an nes, they figured out how to rip games
>>
>>32221796
For reference, the fan translated rom of Final Fantasy V came out in 1998. The romhacking community was already at that level back then.
>>
>>32221811
Yeah that's a possibility. But then again, this was 3rd grade, which was likely his dad or an older brother did it. Cause when you're in 3rd grade, the most you know is something about pokemon cards.
>>
>>32221836
I was playing roms just fine in the 5th grade. I doubt two years would make that much of a difference.
>>
>>32221496
I had a rom of gold like a year before it came out in the US. like the first 2 towns were translated and the rest was a mess. If you hit select without registering an item to it it put up the message "xHAT THE HELL?"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.