[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sun/Moon "call for help"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: sosbattle1.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sosbattle1.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
>training pokemon by fighting wild monsters
>"Okay, one more attack should do it"
>X called for help
>Wild Y appeared!
>X used A
>Y used B
>Your Pokémon fainted!

Now your Pokemon doesn't get any fucking experience for the fight that might have taken a long time for all anyone knows. This situation is literally unavoidable unless you train your Pokemon in underleveled areas of the game. I literally can't train my level 20 Pokémon against level 20 wild Pokemon because of this bullshit.

Or how about this?
>New wild pokemon!
>Alright, I'm gonna catch it; I gotta be careful to bring it's HP just down to the red
>Aaaaaand THERE, finally ready to throw the pokeball
>X called for help!
>Wild Y appeared!
>"You can't catch your Pokemon now just because we say so deal with it"

Or how about
>Kill pokemon X
>Next turn, click through to use your attack
>The game defaults you to select the blank spot where the dead pokemon was
>You used A! ...It failed!

Is this the worst implemented battle mechanic in the history of Pokémon games?

Does gamefreak even play test?
>>
File: grumpapex.png (31KB, 244x228px) Image search: [Google]
grumpapex.png
31KB, 244x228px
>corsola
>>
>>32220919
It's a Google search image. I can't figure out how to upload screenshots of this game to Miiverse.
>>
File: 1481529994033.jpg (115KB, 699x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481529994033.jpg
115KB, 699x1000px
>>32220919

Leave Corsola alone
>>
I actually wished more pokemon would call for help when I played. They only called but very rarely, and I think I can count on one hand the number of times something actually showed up.
>>
>>32220912
How fucking casual do you need to be to train your pokemon at lvl 20? You're going to get so overleveled if you're still in the main game just wait till post-game OP
>>
>>32220912
>fainting to wild Pokemon
So... this is the power... of being an absolute scrub
>>
>>32220912
Git gud
>>
>>32220912
The concept behind the system is fine. What isn't fine is that they decided to implement it using RNG, so when you're trying to catch something you get stuck in infinite call for help loops, but when you need them to call for help so you can get shinies, 6IVs or Pokémon that only appear via SOS, they just sit there in the red for turn after fucking turn not calling.
>>
>>32220931
Are you a /smasher/ :^)?
>>
>>32220912
>fainting to underleveled wild mons
>not even oneshotting them
>or using some status
>or when you need to catch, a Quick Ball
Dumbass.
>>
>>32220912
>being a newfag
lol
>>
use
fucking
status
jesus
>>
>>32223622
No fucking idea what you're asking me.
>>
>>32220912
>Your Pokémon fainted!
that's your own fault, get better pokemon

>This situation is literally unavoidable
wrong. status ailments prevent pokemon from calling for help.
>UGH but that means I have to carry a useless status move on my team!!!!!!
it's not useless if it keeps you out of situations like this

>finally ready to throw the pokeball
>X called for help!
status move

>The game defaults you to select the blank spot where the dead pokemon was
>You used A! ...It failed!
except that doesn't happen. even if you use a move on the empty slot, it still hits. stop lying.

all in all, fuck off
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.