[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ not like Lillie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

Why does /vp/ not like Lillie?
>>
File: happy_nebby.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
happy_nebby.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>32214219
Nebby hated her.
>>
because she isn't serena
>>
File: 954a8e0594950f3.jpg (85KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
954a8e0594950f3.jpg
85KB, 1024x767px
>>32214219
>wanting to use Lillie
>doesn't even have any offensive moves
>poor supportive role
>outclassed by fashion faggot
>>
game freak is really forcing her
>>
>>32214229
>her
>>
>>32214286
>>32214241
What's wrong with that? She's pure.
>>
She's the worst cancer to even fall upon Pokemon.
>>
>>32214505
>worst cancer
>not dawn
>>
>>32214219
>le blonde pokemon girl #2567
No thanks
>>
>>32214518
le amourfag
>>
white people are the devil
>>
>>32214219
/vp/ hates popular things. This is a fact
>>
>>32214219
she's a waifubait, she's a mary-sue girl that everyone in-universe likes, she's the reason why non-kanto regions will never get love.

she's essentially the worse version of zinnia.

but unlike zinnia she's with you trough the whole game.
>>
>>32214559
>but unlike zinnia she's with you trough the whole game.
I was never bothered by this. In fact, I like her. Yes, I'm the OP.
>>
>>32214219
She's cute. That must mean she's just a waifubait and nothing more, so paying any attention to her, or God Forbid, liking her is a grave sin.
She has a nice personality and isn't a dick, so people like her. That must mean the story is breaking the narrative to favor her, making her a mary sue.
She doesn't use high level Pokemon to fight, so she's a weak person, and everyone that isn't a God tier fighter is worthless. Fighting is all that matters.
She was presented to have feelings. Fuck that.
Lastly, she's popular. Fuck that too.

She's basically a combination of /vp/'s most hated traits. Asking about it is going to change nothing. Ignore. That's literally all you can do.
>>
>>32214219
Bad writing. It seems like Game Freak tried their very hardest and yet failed to create a better character than Silver or Emma.
>>
>>32214219
Generic blonde/waifubait
>>
>>32214625
>it's okay when SM does it
>>
If you don't care for her personality traits, how the story revolves around her and her drama more than the player's adventure for the last chunk of it will leave a very unpleasant taste for most
>>
Incredibly lazy waifubait.
They tried hiding their laziness by making her the Main Character of SM'S story, and it actually worked.
>>
>>32214642
/thread
>>
>>32214642
Hit the nail on the head. Can apply to most popular characters that /vp/ hates too. Best not to take it personally. Learnt that a long time ago. I too like most popular characters that /vp/ dislikes
>>
File: 1489017384899.jpg (21KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1489017384899.jpg
21KB, 500x281px
>sereniggers getting this hot and bothered over lillie
>>
>>32214642
>nice personality
>borderline self-loathing "woe is me why am I so useless" for over 75% of the game is pleasant

/vp/ thinking "it's popular so I hate it" is mildly accurate though you know ignoring all the stuff that is popular /vp/ anons tend to like that signify that maybe they just have specific tastes and seeing what they don't care for get more attention than what they do like makes them feel envy and anger which is a pretty standard reaction
>>
>>32214219
shes not a secret rare ultra ball
>>
>>32214898
>>nice personality
That was meant to be on how she treats others. She is nice to everyone around her, so "nice personality". Because she knows how little she can do, she is really grateful to everyone for just putting up with her and tries to do her best for them, which isn't much. She's nice to people, and people are nice to her in return. That's how things work. This was mostly a response to the anon a couple of posts above, who said everyone in-universe likes her, so she's a mary sue.

>>borderline self-loathing "woe is me why am I so useless" for over 75% of the game is pleasant
Ignoring the exaggeration, yes? Unless you hate any character that isn't starting out in perfect condition, I don't see why this is a problem.
>>
>>32214219
She's a stereotypical bimbo.
>>
But I do?
>>
>>32216226
Shit taste.
>>
>>32214505
>not Ash

>>32214219
>has personality
>actually develops through the game
gee, I wonder why
>>
File: 1490453312601.png (146KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490453312601.png
146KB, 600x540px
>>32214219
She's not a waifumon.
>>
>>32214559
>mary-sue
stop

>she's the reason why non-kanto regions will never get love.
She created Gen 1 and turned pokemon into a worldwide craze than then died down and told GF to pander to Gen 1? Damn, one would expect a real individual to do all that.

>she's essentially the worse version of zinnia.
She's way better than Zinnia and I dont even hate Zinnia.
>>
>>32214642
>She has a nice personality and isn't a dick, so people like her. That must mean the story is breaking the narrative to favor her, making her a mary sue.
Nah, I wish that was the case, that would put /vp/ on the same level as /a/. The problem is that there is a story and narrative at all.
>>
>>32216935
More Gen 1 pandering.
>>
>>32216971
Gen 6 had Gen 1 pandering without Lillie. Weird.
>>
File: I come from a Lillie Down Under.png (116KB, 1388x892px) Image search: [Google]
I come from a Lillie Down Under.png
116KB, 1388x892px
SWNDU
>>
>>32216934
Ed-wardu
>>
File: 1464387250217.png (506KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1464387250217.png
506KB, 1000x562px
>>
She is stupid foreigner... White skin like ghost... Should go back own country eat burger
>>
File: 1480383580352.jpg (36KB, 217x329px) Image search: [Google]
1480383580352.jpg
36KB, 217x329px
>>32214219
Game Lillie is fine. Anime Lillie is shit.

Come on anon, get with the program.
>>
>>32219697
Anime Lillie is just boring.
>>
>>32214786
Same thing goes for anime Serena, who's actually really popular, contrary to what many here may think. Good luck trying to tell the autists here though, since they reflexively lose their minds and go into fully-ass-blasted-autist mode at even the slightest reference to her, even though most of them haven't watched the show in 10-15 years.
>>
>>32219706
Boring is being charitable to her. She's basically a comic relief gag character right now, with only the potential to become decent later on, and only because of her jellyfish mama.
>>
>>32219719
She spends most episodes just standing in the background, so she's not really much of a gag character. The issue is mostly that they concluded the Vulpix "subplot" in literally two episodes, meaning she doesn't really have anything to do until Gladion appears or the Aether plot gets going.

She really should've been a recurring character rather than a main
>>
>>32219697
>>32219706
Compared to game Lillie, yes. By anime standards, most of SM cast is pretty good. I don't understand this stance. Sure, she's not doing much. But no one is. No one in the anime is ever doing anything relevant most of the time. SM cast has focus on them, because unlike the past seasons where the anime focuses on Gyms and other things to a certain extant, SM doesn't. Which is a good thing, as it gives all of them more personality. I can understand disliking anime Lillie or SM cast in general if you compare it to the games, but by the anime standards, they're all pretty good. Barring Ash.
>>
>>32219737
>SM cast has focus on them
They don't, and that's a major problem. They have FIVE main characters in addition to Ash, and still make half the episodes Ash-centic where the other characters maybe get a few irrelevant lines at best.
>>
>>32219727
Nowadays she's just standing around, but it's only been a handful of episodes since they resolved her fear of touching Vulpix. And remember, she's still afraid to touch other mons (though I hope they don't do the "maternal instinct" method to resolve the remaining fears, because doing it twice already made it feel old and worn out really quick).

Everything before that involved her sperging out anytime a Pokemon touched or approached too close to her.

Even what few emotional/dramatic scenes she's had, have been interrupted by more gag humor, which is pretty annoying.
>>
>>32219737
>SM cast has focus on them
You mean the "focus" on Lana, whose only role in the show has been "dude balloon lmao"?

Or fat fuck, who designs computer programs but had done literally nothing useful before this past week's episode?

Or Mallow, who is fun and cute but whose goal is literally to make a signature recipe for a restaurant and whose only Pokemon evolved in its very first focus episode without any real buildup?

Only Kiawe has been decently handled, and even then they turned the "tensions" he was having with Ash into an inferior version of JoJo and YGO references three episodes ago.
>>
>>32219748
I'm not going to defend that. You're right. But again, that's always been the case. The characters get a single episode every now and then, but mostly just stand in background of Ash. SM still gives them more than what most characters get. Normally, the cast is mostly just reacting to Ash and his battles or anything Ash is doing. That has changed to an extremely small extant in SM. Ash is the one doing reacting a tiny bit more often.

>>32219762
What else are you expecting from the anime?
>>
>>32214219
>I-i can't touch Pokemon!ยก!!11!
She's an annoying slut of which the annoyance adds nothing but chalk-on-blackboard cringiness. Any last hope of enjoying SM anime is gone whenever she appears.
>>
>>32219752
Not "nowadays", she spent every single episode apart from 8 and 14 just standing around doing nothing, maybe speaking a line or two. Even episode 8, which was "about" her, didn't really have her do all that much beyond cover the egg at the very end.
Now that they resolved the Vulpix shit in one episode they can't do ore with that either, so look forward to her just standing around doing nothing for another 50 episodes until Gladion makes his debut and her game storyline starts going somewhere.
>>
>>32219768
>SM still gives them more than what most characters get
No, it doesn't. Not by a longshot.

>What else are you expecting from the anime?
Oh I don't know, Pokemon battles? Goals that actually involve using your Pokemon for stuff you see in the games, or using your Pokemon at all? This cooking, programming and balloon stuff isn't interesting, nor is it relevant enough to the core elements of the franchise.

>>32219773
I don't dispute that for the most part, but whatever few times she DID talk or do something, it involved her sperging out. It's how she was introduced in SM01, how she started SM02, how she reacted to a wild Pokemon in SM04, how she dealt with water Pokemon in SM05, etc.
>>
>>32219768
>But again, that's always been the case. The characters get a single episode every now and then, but mostly just stand in background of Ash.

No, what SM does is not what the other series did. The other series had the characters always be present in every episode, usually with a decent amount of dialogue, even if they didn't get all that much important focus. Brock was really badly handled in DP, for instance, with few focus episodes and poor chemistry with the rest of the group, but he was THERE in every episode, usually providing some sort of voice of reason or exposition, commenting on shit and generally getting solid screentime and attention.
The SM cast don't get that. Half the time the non-Ash characters appear for a sort one-minute scene at the school where they get a few irrelevant lines each before Ash goes home and the actual plot of the episode, where they play no role, begins.

It's really badly done and hurts the characters a lot.
>>
>>32219787
This. In past seasons, the characters (most of them, anyway) had goals or purposes in the show you could get invested in. I don't know how I'm supposed to get invested in Sophocles silly computer programs that are only tangentially related to Pokemon and that he's used a grand total of one time for anything important in the show.
>>
>>32219795
Didn't mean to press post so soon.

Also have a hard time caring much about Mallow's quest for a signature dish when we have no idea whether said dish will involve a major role from a Pokemon. The only thing that made her Alola Stew recipe Pokemon-relevant recently was the fact that one out-of-season, rare ingredient happens to be consumed by Oricorio, and the rest of the episode was just "Team Rocket shows up and tries to steal the Pokemon, so let's have the Bounsweet get its autism triggered and evolve so it can rescue everyone," aka the most generic/overused evolution-episode plot in Pokemon.

And don't get me started on "dude balloon lmao."
>>
>>32219779
>No, it doesn't. Not by a longshot.
Really? Might just be me, then. Compared to last two seasons, where Iris did basically nothing and her dialogue was just aggravating, or all of XY cast felt like basically a cheer leading squad for Ash, I liked SM cast a lot more.

>Oh I don't know, Pokemon battles?
You're watching the wrong anime, then. Other than Team Rocket battles or catching Pokemon, there are never enough battles. SM is low on this, but no more so than other seasons.

>Goals that actually involve using your Pokemon for stuff you see in the games, or using your Pokemon at all? This cooking, programming and balloon stuff isn't interesting,
Fair enough. Seeing more Pokemon is always nice. I don't mind goals not involving Pokemon, but more use of Pokemon is what I would like to see too. And while I don't mind the cocking or programing shit, but the balloon shit is annoying.

>>32219787
>with few focus episodes and poor chemistry with the rest of the group, but he was THERE in every episode, usually providing some sort of voice of reason or exposition, commenting on shit and generally getting solid screentime and attention.
How is giving unnecessary screentime to a boring character being seen as a good thing? Yes, he was there, but I didn't want him there. SM faces the opposite problem. I want the characters there, but they aren't. They're both equally bad things, but I prefer the latter to the former, because Brock just wasted time.

>one-minute scene at the school where they get a few irrelevant lines
That's literally what all of it always is. Commentating on Ash's battle and giving the a "N-NANI?!" every now and then is just as irrelevant. It might not be for those who want every little thing explained to them in details, but I'm not part of that. I don't care about the "Ash can do this" or random explanation of moves they did. That was also irrelevant.
>>
>>32219830
Did you even WATCH any of the other series? Pretty much every single SM character can be summed up as "sometimes appears and says three lines, then fucks off for the rest of the episode" for every single episode beyond their focus ones, which barely even exist. They're glorified recurring characters at this point.

Fuck, Paul got more focus, more screentime, more lines and WAY more characterization in the first 20 episodes of DP than the SM main characters have gotten in the first 20 episodes of SM combined. That's bad.
>>
File: da fuq.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
da fuq.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>32219830
>SM is low on this (battles), but no more so than other seasons.
You can't be fucking serious.

>I prefer the latter to the former, because Brock just wasted time
Most of the SM characters serve no real purpose in the show either, you know. Their combined time might as well be wasted time too. Even their goals are pretty worthless besides Kiawe's.
>>
>>32219858
>Most of the SM characters serve no real purpose in the show either, you know.
Being entertaining to watch, even by just being cute and nothing else, is a good enough purpose. There seem to be this idea in everyone's head that all characters must be saving the world or completing their life long dream to have a purpose. No. They just need to be entertaining.
>>
>>32219868
Too bad they're not being very entertaining with all the barely-appearing, barely-getting-any-lines and barely-getting-any-focus they do.
>>
>>32219868
They're not even being entertaining. They're doing nothing. Telling your seal to make balloons isn't "entertaining," it's dumb and boring. Freaking out every time a Pokemon comes near you isn't "entertaining," it's annoyingly repetitive and unoriginal. Making computer programs that don't do anything besides existing for the sake of existing isn't "entertaining," it's wasted screentime.
>>
>>32214219
I like her.
>>
Because she's not Hilda
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.