[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /vp/ so contrarian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Listen Here Rowlet Line.png (163KB, 1147x423px) Image search: [Google]
Listen Here Rowlet Line.png
163KB, 1147x423px
Why is /vp/ so contrarian?
>>
>>32213345
The fag who made that Decidueye was a lazy ass.
>>
>>32213345
It really isn't though.
>>
>>32213345
Are you kidding me? /vp/ is one of the few groups in the world actively fighting back against contrarians.
>>
>>32213345
4chan is contrarian in general in order to start arguments, otherwise we're pathetic losers with nothing to talk about.
>>
File: dartrix.gif (98KB, 45x68px) Image search: [Google]
dartrix.gif
98KB, 45x68px
>>32213345
Dartrix's design looks good, actually he acts like an old man or his behavior.
>>
>>32213385
Ehhh. Theres a lot of people who aren't but theres a good amount who are and they tend to be pretty loud and aggressive
>>
>>32213367
No it makes sense. The original pic was him tugging at his bow tie so Decidueye is tugging at his hood lace and thus tightening the hood
>>
>>32213345
Being a contrarian is more fun than being in a circlejerk. You can always go to reddit for that.
>>
>>32213385
It is, and contrarians are way more loud.
>>
File: 1470846548287.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1470846548287.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>32213345
I'm pretty sure that the entire 4chan community consists mostly of contrarians. /mu/ turns all popular albums into memes because they can't admit liking them while praising all kinds of experimental indie hipster garbage as the pinnacle of music. /v/ shits on you for liking popular games while giving 10/10 ratings to a bunch of lesser known visual novels and games that got a mixed or mediocre reception elsewhere. /vp/ as we all know hates XY with burning passion even though those games are the highest selling 3DS games of all time and got excellent reviews everywhere while BW2, the mainline Pokemon games with the lowest ratings, are hailed as the high point of the series.

These are just the boards that I'm most familiar with, but I could bet on my life that /a/ for example hates popular anime series and loves all kinds of underground slice of life garbage. I guess it's just a part of the 4chan culture to hate anything popular and love the underdog.
>>
>>32213345
All of 4chan is contrarian. We're basically hipsters who think we're too good for popular things. Why do you think 'normie' is a common insult here?
>>
>>32213404
I think the only reason this is so is because we've found out Game Freak gives special treatment to popular Pokemon so people want to be on that winning team.
>>
>>32213504
Can confirm. I browse /a/ and I often have no fucking clue what some of the anime that people like are.
>>
>>32213345
Think of it this way: the average person plays a Pokemon game once, maybe twice, and then moves on. They only pay attention to the surface and barely pay attention to anything else.

The average /vp/ players likely plays each game way more than this and goes more in-depth with the mechanics, the Pokemon, and the story. As a result they're able to form an opinion that goes beyond "I had fun".
>>
>>32213504
This happens in every board.

In /vg/ people are contrarians preferring the trash weapons/characters of seemingly every game over the popular and strong stuff.
>>
>>32213345
Because contrarians are loud. If I like popular characters like Charizard and Lillie, or games like XY, I don't need to sing their praise in every post I make. There's no point. They're popular. It's likely people already know what I like about them, since many other also like those very same things, which is why they're popular in the first place. That's not to say all contrarians are always going on about their opinions. Having different taste is not unusual. A lot of people don't care about Charizard, XY or Lillie. I liked XY. On /vp/, I'm a contrarian. I don't need to sing its praise all the time. A contrarian is just someone who don't share the vast majority's opinion on something. There's no problem with that.

The problem comes from the minority that is butthurt about it. They can't stand being the minority. Seeing a character or game they don't care about be popular sets fire on their butt hair. To cope with that, they blow smoke out of their asses, hoping others will notice them if they see a lot of smoke coming out. They shit on those things, and express their unpopular opinion on every chance they get, in hopes that they will get attention and someone will notice that fire on their ass. The more people notice, the better the chance of finding others like themselves, and not feel like the minority that's being left out. And it works. That smoke, now even thicker with more people blowing, attracts more people with butt hair on fire. This continues until most of the sane people leave and only butthurts are left. This is what happened on 4chan. Loud contrarians attract more loud contrarians, who think 4chan is a place just to express their contrarianism and decide to stay here, while the sane people continue being annoyed, trying to ignore this bullshit because they can do nothing about it.
>>
>>32213755
You but the nail on the head. Many of my favourites are popular and I dont feel the need to make threads dedicated to certain things or go around telling people that they have shit taste. And besides with popularity comes hate as well. Most people don't want to see their favourites get shit on, so naturally they shut up about them
>>
>>32213504
> /a/ for example hates popular anime series and loves all kinds of underground slice of life garbage.
And Evangelion, since most of the autistic neckbeards can relate to the mentally ill characters in some way and fap to Asuka just like Shinji did.

And they worship NGE but absolutely despise Rebuild, which is popular and heavily-marketed.
>>
>>32213755
So that's why "Charizard appreciation threads" are always bait here and in other communities, because people appreciate Charizard already.
>>
>>32213504
>xy
I hear bad reviews of XY outside of /vp/ as much as I do inside. They are just shitty games, everyone knows it. I'll give you the BW2 thing, though.
>>
>>32213755
Tbf though I don't hate Lillie I find her potentially cancerous for the series going forward.
>>
>>32213345
Because there's more than one person on it.
That and "agreeable" content isn't promoted or encouraged eg likes, upvotes, or even having a name attached (why, tripfags, why?) so you can post your ACTUAL opinion every time.
If users of reddit or facebook replaced all 4chan users, the anonymity would eventually cause them to become just like the current users, I'd bet.
>>
>>32213345
despite the first gen being the best the subsequent games all have something to offer that is worthwhile.
>>
>>32213504
Vocal minorities, fampai.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.