[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swap breeding method incorrect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: gen 7 breeding guide.png (698KB, 681x2766px) Image search: [Google]
gen 7 breeding guide.png
698KB, 681x2766px
I've been doing the swap breeding method for the last few months, and had no success. Frustrated, I looked into the RNG behind it all and discovered something while reading this:
http://tellu.wpblog.jp/rng-abuse/7thgen-rng-abuse/guide-for-breeding-abuse-on-sunmoon/

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, rejecting an egg advances you 1 single frame, whereas accepting an egg advances you many more frames (20-40), potentially skipping over eggs that could be shiny.
For simplicity sake, say you just started and are on Frame 1. Your shiny egg is on Frame 29. Accepting an egg advances you 27 frames. So then you end up on Frame 28, but by accepting the next egg, you skip over the frame you needed to hit to get the shiny egg.
What should be done is reject the first egg, then collect the next egg generated, and wa-la, you hit the 29th frame that will give you the shiny egg.

As the swap method currently states in the tutorial at the bottom of pic-related, your supposed to hatch 30, and if no shiny, save the game, and collect another batch.

However, what should be suggested for Step 6 is this:
after hatching 30 eggs, if no shiny, soft reset the game. Then, when the first egg of that batch of 30 is generated, REJECT it, save right after (so there's enough time to swap should the next egg actually be shiny), and collect another 30 eggs to hit a different set of frames than before.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood anything above. I think I've got it figured out, but I wanted to ask around first before spreading any misinformation.
I'm in the midst of testing out this theory for myself. I did start rejecting eggs a few days ago, and finally got my shiny Magikarp, and was able to swap it with an HA Starly.
If others are willing to join me by doing some testing of their own, that would be greatly appreciated.
>>
just inject lol
>>
>wa-la
>>
>>32211574
what's the fucking point when the odds are the same and there's no guarantee how much does rejecting do
>>
So I have to hatch 30 Karp eggs, and if the 20th is shiny, I reset and replace the parent Karp with the Pokemon I want? Can I give it an Everstone? If I'm breeding for a Nidoran male, does the hatched shiny Karp need to be male?
>>
>>32211718
You can use an Everstone. For Nidoran, it doesn't matter if the Karp hatched is Male or Female. What IS important is that you deny an egg, and then take the next one. So in your example, egg 20 is the shiny, but because you're skipping the roll to determine gender, you actually need 40 eggs. You reject the 1st, Accept the 2nd, then reject the 3rd, until you collect that 40th egg.
>>
>>32211753
How does that guarantee a male or female Pokemon?
>>
Unfortunately, it does get tricky when it comes to swapping out Magikarp for Pokemon with different gender rates. Haven't messed with enough myself to see.
>>
>>32211639
Because you could hatch 500 eggs and still see no shiny, but it's possible that you could have gotten a shiny at frame 296, but skipped over it because of however many frames you advanced over it.

It doesn't necessarily make it faster, but instead ensures that you're hitting frames you might possibly advance over otherwise.
>>
Hence why I said this will need further testing. I'm simply proposing an improved method of approach to this exploit.
>>
>>32211948
>but it's possible that you could have gotten a shiny at frame 296
It's equally possible that you get the egg in the next egg, as for every egg in the future.
>>
>>32212285
True. Or you could have rejected one egg, and just so have happened to land on that frame instead.
Or, you end up rejecting enough eggs and hatch the shiny following whatever frame egg 500 was on.

The point is trying to check as many frames as possible. You don't have to hatch 30 eggs a batch; I've done batches of 15 or 20, depending on my mood. At least by SRing and rejecting an egg, you're going to have a better likelihood of finding a shiny egg opposed to hatching batches of 30 eggs, saving and hatching another 30 continuously.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.