[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johto Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: Johto.jpg (2MB, 3000x2013px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.jpg
2MB, 3000x2013px
Let's have a Johto thread

Discuss anything Johto related
>Favorite Pokemon
>Favorite Towns
>Memories

Keep it civil
>>
>>32208327
Heracross
Goldenrod
Crystal was my first game, I also once dreamt I ate that cartridge. No I did not eat it but I dreamt it.
>>
Always loved Ecruteak city, just all that history and lore packed into it. The kanto legendaries had fuckall to do with their game's story other than the notes on mewtwo so I didn't really think much of them until the second movie came out and even then I was more drawn to the balance between the birds and lugia as a whole than anything they could actually do in game so when I caught lugia I was disappointed the birds weren't there despite kanto being in the games, and between how much I loved Three Birds Scream For Two Hours: The Movie and how much ho-oh and the beasts played into the story I was expecting lugia and the birds to get the same treatment in kanto. I'm one of those people who are super fascinated with lore and world building so most of my time was spent in Ecruteak and the ruins which were amazing because they had so much mystery and since the puzzles featured the fossile mons (I think, haven't played those games in years and in my head I can clearly see sliding tile puzzles of kabuto and aerodactyl in gb/gbc sprites but my memory isn't as good as my imagination so I could be way off on that part) I was expecting them to play a role there too. I guess I just always wanted to dig deeper than the games allowed and find connections that canonically don't exist so it always felt like the games were even more incomplete than any known documentation suggests, probably due to it being a kids' game so they didn't want to make it too complex from the start, so the mystery never felt fully solved and as a result I still wonder and it just feels cozy like reading during a bad thunderstorm with a hot cup of tea late at night around holloween. It just doesn't get old.
>>
File: 11603_back.jpg (130KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
11603_back.jpg
130KB, 640x641px
>tfw never solved the mystery of the unown™
>>
>>32208569
>Only for Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance.

I've never seen the back of the box before and it's weird seeing the GBA logo on the back a whole year before it was released
>>
File: OMS.png (16KB, 492x448px) Image search: [Google]
OMS.png
16KB, 492x448px
My favorite Johto anime character. Someone should make an HG/SS hack and include anime characters like him
>>
File: OMS.png (5KB, 492x448px) Image search: [Google]
OMS.png
5KB, 492x448px
>>32208652
>>
>>32208327
Why was Johto so badly designed? Seriously, though, it's tiny, it's cramped, the Pokemon layouts are fucked, the level scaling is fucked, and it takes a shit ton of HMs to get around. Before gen 4 rolled out I would have said they couldn't possibly do worse.

It's a shame too because Johto has some neat flavor as a region but by god it's ass to actually play.
>>
>>32208569
Yeah seriously. We never got a concrete answer on what they fuck they were and way they were so cryptic.
>>
Pokemon: Shuckle (my #1 pokemon in general actually)

Town: Violet for the theme and olivine for how nice it is, I'm a sucker for sea towns.

Memories: Not sure, entering ational garden for the first time, the music is beautiful.
>>32208742
Agreed, and the remakes did nothing to fix this. I mostly can only tplerate johto in hacks, the originals are too much of a chore.
>>
File: gs.jpg (22KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
gs.jpg
22KB, 318x159px
>>32208327
Typhlosion and thunderpunch carried 10 year old me big time. I don't have a favorite town but I love route 38-39 for the music, though all the new music content is stellar. There's so much to like and so much to do. I replay the games at least once a year. Nothing too interesting though... I had a cheater device that allows me to hack things in so I would add houndour and other late game catches to keep things interesting. Even though Hoenn was the shiny new toy, GS just kept dragging me back.
>>
>>32208601
I think that might be the box from after it started to come bundled with the gba.
>>
>Favorite Pokemon
I just realized that Ariados, Ledian, and Heracross, my 3 favorite bug Pokemon, are all from Johto. Hate bugs irl though
>Favorite Towns
All of them, Johto is just too damn comfy
>Memories
I remember not really understanding the happiness mechanic and didn't know why my Eevee refused to evolve. I would set aside a half hour every evening to just walk around with Eevee in my party and battle with it.
Eventually I used some cheating device to make a wild Umbreon appear, but it just wasn't the same.
I have a lot of fond memories of Crystal now that I think about it, but I never really consider it when asked what my favorite game is.
>>
Feraligatr and Celebi
New Bark Town
I remember once getting Celebi event in SS, but forgot about it and, when BW came out, I forgot to transfer Celebi and reseted SS.
>>
>>32208327
I lived in a shitty little rural town with no internet and barely any TV. Pokemon was all I had really. When GS came out, I knew nothing about it. I literally was just at Wal-Mart with my mom one day and saw it on the shelf.

When I finally got it a few months later, and played through it, I ran into my first Donphan in Mt. Silver. Never knew what it was. It was red, so I figured it was a fire type. Only had Meganium. Ran away. Learned a few days later it was a shiny.

Never had a shiny since.
>>
File: 1486588309188.jpg (74KB, 607x635px) Image search: [Google]
1486588309188.jpg
74KB, 607x635px
Long ago i found the official guide of Crystal in PDF format so im sharing it here. Some pages do have shit quality but the majority of it is clear enough, if you have a better version feel free to share it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlhz7kn9kyn04q3/

>Memories

I remember when G/S came out and a cousin of mine had Gold, when i saw the game in FULL COLOR i was blown away. Even though my english wasnt good back then due to my age i still manage to play through the game [/spoiler]mostly by using my starter[/spoiler]

>Hey! Do you know what you just did?!
>You taken your first step into KANTO
>mfw
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.