[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: download (1).jpg (22KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
22KB, 299x168px
Now that the dust has settled, what went right?
>>
that it's over
>>
Everything
>>
>>32207708
Secret bases.
That's what most of my time went into with it.
Otherwise it was just another Pokemon title, nothing special and not much added from the previous games to occupy me aside from those bases (but I liked the bases). No new Pokemon though, just a few megas I never used.
>>
Maybe more megas, primal versions are cool AF, DexNav sounded like a cool feature to complete easier the pokedex, and better postgame than XY. Just my opinion.
>>
>>32207708
I fucking filtered that phrase, what the fuck.
>>
>>32207708
Well, it's the best 3DS Pokemon game by far.
>>
Level design. Although it was nerfed from RSE, Hoenn still offers some of the best maps to date.

Good auxiliary content and features. Lack of Battle Frontier is a huge disappointment, but the contests, Super Secret Bases and the DexNav are good. The PSS exists.
>>
Super secret bases
Dexnav
Didn't rape the OST like HGSS did
Going to space
Everything about Team Magma and Aqua
>>
>>32207708
I liked the soaring mechanic.
>>
File: Brendan(Concept Art).png (973KB, 1148x990px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan(Concept Art).png
973KB, 1148x990px
Brendan.
>>
>>32207852
Literally worse than the Emerald design.
>>
>>32207708
Team Magma and Aqua. They fleshed them out and gave them notable subordinates and changed the personalities of Maxie and Archie.
>>
File: brendan.jpg (142KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
brendan.jpg
142KB, 500x616px
>>32207857
Original RS/E Brendan is ugly, ORAS Brendan is a qt.
>>
>>32207838
No you don't.
>>
>>32207852
Friendly reminder Haruka is the canon MC and Yuuki is the son of Dr. Odamaki.

That's why he was given a tan in the remakes, to show he was living in Hoenn for a while.
>>
>>32207708
Without resorting to petty genwarring insults or saying something retarded like "it's better than (insert Pokemon game)"
It was an ok remake. Secret bases and the online of XY were nice to have, and the game allows for people who enjoyed the original to have a nice little game to play back in a revamped region they love. While it may have factors I dislike, I will leave them out as it is off the thread topic.
>>
Great game, almost everything went right.
>>
>>32207968
The fuck is with those weeb names?
>>
>>32207929
>those shit sideburns
>qt

No.
>>
File: Emerald_Brendan.png (77KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_Brendan.png
77KB, 280x400px
>>32207929
shit taste anon

emerald brendan is the goat
>>
File: hatless.png (186KB, 336x367px) Image search: [Google]
hatless.png
186KB, 336x367px
>>32207968
>tsundere brendan
Even better!

>>32208078
Ain't nothing wrong with that rockin' hairstyle.
>>
File: quill me.png (142KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
quill me.png
142KB, 225x259px
>>32207708
Almost nothing.

Dexnav is good.
Secret Bases were done well.
May and Wally are done better as rivals, with the former getting actual closure unlike in RSE.
The redesigns for Magma and Aqua are pretty good.

That's all I can thing of, ORAS was so bad, so much went wrong and so little went right.
>>
File: 1403887735608.jpg (64KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1403887735608.jpg
64KB, 750x600px
>>32207708
•Excellent redo of the most heavily-criticized story in the franchise
•Addresses nearly every problem levied at gen 3 (slow surf speed, difficult traversal, etc)
•Expands old features into amazing new ones (route cries -> DexNav)
•Secret Bases expanded to be even better
•Tons of new forms, an unprecedented amount for a remake
•The best music in the franchise so far
•Intriguing developments about the Pokemon universe at large
•Exciting postgame episode culminating in a never-before-seen battle with a former Mythic Pokemon
•Good redesigns of some iffy characters like Brawly
•The triumphant return of Contests, with some neat twists
•Regigigas finally given a place in the braille puzzle

Overall, I'd call them far and away the best remakes and probably the best games in the franchise, and I've been playing since Blue.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_3e1.jpg (50KB, 518x216px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_3e1.jpg
50KB, 518x216px
Pic related, and also a lot of the music came out really good.
>>
>>32208251
For how annoying Zinnia is I've got to agree that riding mega fug to space was fucking great. Deoxys not being locked behind an event was awesome too.

I feel like if ORAS had the battle frontier and a few difficulty tweaks they'd be far and away the best games in the series.
>>
>>32208183
Why does he have 2 pairs of pants
>>
>>32208247
>Excellent redo of the most heavily-criticized story in the franchise
What? I don't think so many people are talking shit about the story in RSE. It's probably just confirmation bias and victim complex on your part.
>>
>>32207708
Being one of the worst because it can't surpass Emerald which was almost ten fucking years old.
>>
>>32208322
Youre a literal cock-faggot
>>
>>32208328
Confirmed shit tier taste, were you like 2 when those came out that you're still blinded by nostalgia? Wizard here btw.
>>
>>32208347
12, actually and I'll take a never-ending Frontier over one quest and stale online battling.
>>
>>32208247
Best post.
>>
oras arent called sun or moon
>>
>>32208247
It did do a lot to improve RSE, but it did just as much wrong. If you could mix ORAS with Emerald you would have the best game in the series
>>
Well they aren't the newest games anymore, so you can still be cool on the secret internet boards if you like them, unlike Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32208190
give me back the tsundere brendan from RSE
>>
Too much water...
>>
>>32208764
Gen 6 script hacking when? I imagine some things like the Gym Leader rematches from Emerald wouldn't be too crazy to implement if we had the ability to make custom scripts.
>>
Reset bags were nice
>>
>>32209310
It was nice, I don't like the FC charge it needs in SM, it feels like a rip off for something that was so easy in ST.
Good news is EV loss berries are so easy to farm in pelago it negates the need for it entirely.
>>
>>32207708
It wasn't S&M
>>
>>32207708
The PokeNav was far more useful than it ever was in RS.
>>32209405
Screw you, I loved SM. Navi-like Pokedex constantly directing you to the next cutscene, aside.
>>
>>32207756
Says more about the 3ds than about the games.
>>
>>32209405
They were both terrible.
And XY were meh at best. Game Freak have really lost their touch.
>>
Can we talk about how awful ORAS looks?
The X/Y engine has a ton of problems, but did they really have to port Hoenn so poorly? God it looks terrible. What is with the color palette?

I wish Gen 3 was remade during Gen 5.
>>
>>32209464
Hoenn looks fucking great in gen 6's graphics. It would be absolutely shit in gen5's visuals
>>
Emerald was the best game in the series.

Gold/Silver is the only acceptable rebuttle.

Previous games were fundimentally incomparable and later games were autistic as fuck. Honestly. Once this game went on DS it turned to shit and if you like those games you're literally autistic.
>>
>>32209423
>Navi-like

So completely unintrusive? Rotomdex isn't even one of SM's many, many, many, many, many issues.
>>
>>32209464
The colors in ORAS are great, some of the best in the series. If there's an issue with the graphics to talk about, it's how blocky Hoenn is in ORAS compared to RSE, or how the Pokemon textures align more with the washed out XY color scheme instead of the bold, vibrant ORAS color scheme.
>>
>>32208247
There arw so many things wrong with your post but first
>Gen 3
>Slow surf speed
What? Gen 3 is one of the fastest if not the fastest gen. If you're complaining about slow surf speed, then you haven't played the games at all
>>
>>32209511
He's so unintrusive I don't even notice he's talking to me till he's half way done most of the time.
>>
>>32208364
>never-ending Frontier

This is how I know your a nostalgiafag.
>>
>>32209917
He has every right to prefer bf over what we actually got
>>
>>32209439
That doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>32208364
>never-ending Frontier
You realise this was never the case right
>>
>>32208322
People were saying that their goals did not make sense at all in the original games when you actually analyzed them.
>>
File: yes.jpg (188KB, 1321x604px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
188KB, 1321x604px
>>32208247
Reminder that Z-moves started in ORAS
>>
>>32209562
this. How can anything in gen 3 be considered slow when it's the only games in the series that are 60fps?
>>
>>32207708
Probably the most fun region to explore, great villain leaders (even if their teams and goals were subpar), DexNav was the best innovation to the franchise in years, and great music.
>>
>>32208288
Because he's in a hot tropical climate, and apparently likes to sweat.
>>
>>32211062
>most of these are way cooler than any Z-Moves

Gen 7 was a mistake.

>>32211070
FPS is not necessarily speed. That said, there is nothing slow about Gen III's overworld. Sharpedo surfing certainly makes the water routes go by much faster for those who dislike them, though.

Also Gen V had 60fps battles.
>>
>>32211105
Gen V's battles felt slower because of the screen moving every time you attacked. Also the sprites moving slower and lagging whenever you were at low heath
>>
>>32211109
And that refutes anything I said how?
>>
>>32210757
Maybe if you're autistic.
>>
>>32211200
Autistic or not it doesn't make sense at all.
>>
>>32211062
>Reminder that Z-moves started in ORAS
Ah, you are right. An other positive for ORAS, then.

And they are better implemented in Contests than in battles, so ORAS did it better than SM.
>>
>it always ends up comparing to other Pokemon games rather than judging it by itself
Why even bother? Can the game not stand up on its own merits?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.