[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon emulators?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1476826634245.jpg (47KB, 640x577px) Image search: [Google]
1476826634245.jpg
47KB, 640x577px
I've been wanting to play Emerald for some time and I was wondering where I can emulate the normal version. Also general thread for emulating games I guess.
Is the physical/special split going to be hard to understand? I started with gen 4 so I wouldn't know.
>>
Anymore I couldn't tell you where you'd find a ROM. I remember getting a bunch of hacks that included the base games from TPB a while back, don't know if the torrent is still there.

Physical/Special in gen 3 and previous is based purely on what type the attack is; fire punch and flamethrower are both special because fire is a special attack type, while mud shot and earthquake are both physical because ground is a physical type.
>>
>>32201421
Get the rom and emulator at emuparadise.
>>
>>32201421
Google.
VBA is the best gameboy emulator. Download an Emerald ROM and play it with VBA. Emuparadise is a good site for these but there are plenty of others.

Refer here for the type stuff. What the other anon said was accurate.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damage_category#Type-based_categories

There also exists a patched Emerald ROM with the Gen IV physical/special split if you want to play it that way.
>>
>>32201421
physical and special attacks in the first 3 gens are based solely on the type of move it is. most of them make a lot of sense (i.e. fighting is physical, fire is special) and i think dark is the most likely to throw people off since it's physical but most of its moves became special in gen 4.
>>
If you're just doing a casual playthrough the lack of the split will be barely noticeable.
>>
>>32201536
>dark is the most likely to throw people off since it's physical but most of its moves became special in gen 4.

Other way around, unless you meant ghost.
>>
>>32201544
Whenever I forget about the split, I remember it when one of my Pokemon starts to randomly be doing less damage than the rest of the team.
>>
>>32201421
Any roms you need can be torrents off The Pirate Bay. You can even emulate 3DS (ORAS, Sun and moon) only games with Citra.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.