[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you buy a Switch if this happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: fo5xiidwn17y.png (1MB, 1150x2100px) Image search: [Google]
fo5xiidwn17y.png
1MB, 1150x2100px
Would you buy a Switch if this happened?
>>
>>32200806
>all pokemon games available on the switch
probably
question is how would dual screen work
>>
I mean sure but the paid internet kills the system for me
>>
>>32200848
>I can't afford $20 a year
Literally don't buy a coffee six times THIS YEAR and you'll have Switch online money.
>>
>>32200859
They've never had it before though, what's the purpose of having it now?
>>
>>32200872
Quality servers cloudsaves and netplay
>>
File: t51df1i5cpsx.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
t51df1i5cpsx.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>32200829
It would probably look something like this
>>
I already want to buy one, so I would buy one.
>>
>>32200806
i thought the switch only used micro sd?
>>
Already own a Switch so yea. I can't image there ever being DS virtual console though since the only way to do it would be to put the Switch sideways undocked.
>>
>>32200924
Either that or make it look like the Gameboy games for the DS games, I dunno
>>
File: PokemonDSS.png (783KB, 1908x860px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonDSS.png
783KB, 1908x860px
>>
>>32200966
that is fucking atrocious
>>
I already have a Switch because I'm not a poorfag and unlike seemingly most of the people here I play games other than Pokemon.
>>
>>32200966
a more reasonable way of doing it having an insert that lets you put your joycons onto the switch while holding it vertically, but I can't think of any way of doing that without blocking the volume button or the air vent and headphone jack
>>
>>32200966
Been playing HG on my phone, this is just terrible. Portrait mode or bust.
>>
I already bought a Switch just to play Zelda. If the big system seller had been Pokemon Stars and this functionality was promised I would have bought a Switch for that.
>>
>>32200806
No, I want new games.

If I want to play old shit I'd just fire up one of my phone emulators or download from Freeshop.
>>
>>32200806
Why the fuck would i want to pay again to play a bunch of games i already own or could emulate with ease?
>>
>>32200859
>Literally don't buy a coffee six times THIS YEAR

I could just brew it at home in put it in my Rocky Mountain Tumbler.
>>
File: 1364633205115.png (26KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1364633205115.png
26KB, 320x287px
>>32200806
Only way I'll ever buy a Switch is if they retract their plans for paid online. They probably won't do that, so I'm just going to emulate whatever Switch Pokémon games come out, even if that means I'll be waiting years to play them.
>>
>>32202332
>Oh god, I gotta pay $5 a month for online services. Best reason to pirate.

Could you Jew any harder?
>>
>>32202342
you are forgetting that /vp/ is swarming with underage
>>
File: 1385433000559.png (179KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1385433000559.png
179KB, 600x500px
>>32202342
Paid online is a cancer and I refuse to support it. I bought a fucking Wii U, I can tolerate a lot of bullshit, but I won't tolerate paid online. I quit Sony consoles because of it, and I'm not giving Nintendo any preferential treatment.

I have the money to buy a Switch and to pay for paid online for the entire lifespan of the console, but I'm not going to give Nintendo the money for either. Vote with your wallet.
>>
>>32202347
Bruh, being young ain't no excuse. I had a job, and used point-redeeming cards in lieu of credit to pay for x-box live for 360 while I was in high school. The other kids had their parents pay for it.
>>
>>32202352
>>32202355
so you're a millennial piece of shit, nice to know
>>
>>32202352
>Vote with your wallet.

I will, and I choose to support better servers and online functionality at a rather conservatively economic price.

That said, I will wait and give them time to work the kinks out. I ain't gonna jump shark on that shit. Let the other sad saps deal with the beta-testing.
>>
>>32202360
Paid online is less than 15 years old and only the cancer that is Microsoft was doing it until about five years ago.

>>32202364
Well alright then. You vote with your wallet, and I'll vote with mine. If things don't go my way I'll accept that I can't buy Nintendo consoles ever again.
>>
>>32202360
I thought anyone form the 80's and up were considered millennial.

Damn son, how old is your ass?
>>
>>32202369
>I'll accept that I can't buy Nintendo consoles ever again.

You know there is are zero consoles that exist where paid online is a requirement to enjoy the games, right?

I can make regular online purchases, download demos, and do basic online functions without paying an online usage fee on any console.

I ain't gotta pay for anything on PC, but that's a whole other can of worms.
>>
>>32202381
I get that, but I simply don't want to support a company that's doing paid online.
>>
>>32202386
you might as well go all the way and cancel your cable plan
>>
>>32202386
I can respect that too. I don't fully understand why a personal boycott is necessary, or how it affects literally anything in the grand scheme of things...but I respect it.

You do you man.

Good spirits.
>>
>>32202394
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>32202397
>he doesn't know
so your parents are still paying for your internet? not surprised
>>
>>32202386
I bet you rip the free wi-fi from the surrounding businesses, don't you? Boi's never paid for online anything.
>>
>>32202399
Are you referring to just the act of paying for an Internet connection? Because that's a very different thing compared to a console charging you to use their servers in online games (even though the majority of connections are P2P).

>>32202396
Thanks, man. I know my individual actions won't affect Nintendo, but I feel strongly about selectively supporting companies.

>>32202404
See my reply to >>32202399
>>
>>32200806
I allready got one and hope, this is going to happen.
>>
>>32200806
Open world or nothing.
>>
>>32202407
>even though the majority of connections are P2P

Yeah, they would be for a free online service with no dedicated hosting servers.

We're hoping against hope that Nintendo's new online with have that. Which is I'm willing to try it, but only after the early adopters do the beta testing for me.
>>
>>32202332
I'm with this guy.
Paid online MP is largely a scam as long as it's peer-to-peer based like damn near everything on consoles is. I can't stand that shit and I consider it a tragedy that Sony and Nintendo both put online multiplayer behind that retarded paywall pretending that it's going to help make the online better.
>>
So when IS a new game going to be announced anyways? I didn't feel it was worth making my own thread to ask that, but it seems appropriate enough in here.
>>
>>32200859
>paying for something that was once free

good goy
>>
>>32202422
>Open world
The worst meme. Every time it's been attempted it's resulted in an abysmal region.
>>
>>32202867
>Not understanding that it costs a company money to host servers.

It's free for you, but not for them. A company that offers free online is doing it purely as a loss-lead. Meaning they lose a buttload of money, but the hope to make it back through game sales. Offering up a subscription based service in order of offset the maintenance cost isn't all that farfetched IMO. You can't blame a company for wanting to cut losses.
>>
>>32202342
The only ones being Jews here are Nintendo you fucking corporate cocksucker
>>
>>32202897
>servers
See >>32202450
Although im sure youre not the only retard who fell for the "server costs" lie
>>
>>32202909
>corporate cocksucker

No. I just don't mind paying for things. I don't mind earning my rewards rather than having them delivered to me on a silver platter, you goddamn leech. You want something, then you make it, or you pay for it.

Been sucking on that binky so long that you're getting pissed when daddy corporation rips it from your mouth.
>>
I already own it.
>>
>>32202933
You think servers are fucking free?

I highly doubt they cost as much as the big guys say they do, but it's still a pure loss for them not to charge for it. Be it minimal or marginal, a loss is a loss, and it's not a corporation's job to "be nice and let the children have free samples." Their job is to make money.
>>
File: 1487415338461.gif (988KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487415338461.gif
988KB, 400x225px
>>32202943
Wow anon, I'm so jealous of your horrible spending habits. I wish I could be a drone like you and pay for everything that my favorite company can shit out.
>>
>>32202967
Nintendo uses P2P for all their games.
>>
>>32202967
That cost (which is fucking marginal since "servers" only match the players with each other) is already calculated into the console's and video game's cost. Paid online is literally free money for them.

Congrats for falling for the scam I guess.
>>
>>32202975
>Horrible spending habits

Actually, I've never paid for PSN or Xbox Live. Nor any similar product. I simply understand the prospect and appeal from their perspective. Why deliver a free service when you can make money off of it? You tell me.

Also tell me, have you ever paid for any type of subscription based service? Like Netfix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, your favorite paperback magazine, or hell...basic fucking cable and phone service? It's the same damn concept with different wrapping paper. You pay for a service, you get the service. What a fucking complex concept.
>>
File: 1489350889152.png (89KB, 326x346px) Image search: [Google]
1489350889152.png
89KB, 326x346px
>>32202943
>You want something, then you make it, or you pay for it.
Or you wait for someone else to hack the console and download all of the games for free

Welcome to the post-scarcity world kiddo
>>
>>32202999
>That cost is already calculated into the console's and video game's cost.
This. I don't know why so many people can't understand this, unless they're being willfully ignorant for the sake of defending their favorite corporation.
>>
>>32203015
>I choose to thieve software because I don't support the company that makes it. I've justified this to be OK.

I mean, fuck, I'm guilty too. But at least I can still recognize that it's fucking wrong....I just don't care.
>>
>>32203032
>support the company
good goy.
>>
>>32200806
>Would you buy a Switch
No. Nothing will ever make me buy it, except when it costs 100$.
>>
>>32203029
Well then I learned something. And I don't fucking suck corporate cock. I hate Nintendo's current business practices. They're constrictive and outright anti-consumer.

But I get wanting to make money. I'll fire off into the echo chamber and repeat myself. Why offer a free service that you can easily make money off of? Why leave money on the table for any reason?
>>
>>32203050
so that le corporates are bad fuck the system contrarian memelords won't complain on 4chan
>>
>>32203039
>Support things that bring be entertainment

I mean....isn't that the point? Admire, fuck no. Defend, fuck no. Give constructive feedback as well as vote with my wallet, sure.

I support good games. I don't support bad companies....it just sucks when the bad company happens to be making the good games.
>>
>>32203010
>Netfix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, your favorite paperback magazine
Why the fuck would I pay for any of that garbage when everything they offer is avaliable for free on the Internet?

>basic fucking cable and phone service
They have things like transmitters which require constant maintenence, especially with the sheer load of people using them daily

Nintendo online is P2P. The service won't improve with the addition of paid subscribtion because it still doesn't use dedicated servers (unlike, say, MMO games) and it still depends on both parties having a good connection.
>>
>>32203032
No one except moralcucks does anon

I will likely purchase a Switch if it has Pokemon, but not before its hacked completely, so I can put the money I will save on games for covering the online costs
>>
>>32203078
Because it's convenient? IDK, man. You continue to be cheap, and stream your 360p and under badly translated and super audio compressed anime, and I'll continue to enjoy the same product in glorious HD at a minimal cost.

Seriously, 10 bucks a month, and all I have to do is not eat out once or twice. It costs me 10 bucks a month to wipe my ass with soft TP, you think a streaming service ain't worth as much as a proper ass wipe?
>>
>>32203050
>Why offer a free service that you can easily make money off of?
Because, hopefully, you're not a greedy asshole. Just because a corporation CAN do something doesn't mean they SHOULD, unless they're just greedy assholes.
>>
>>32203097
So if you were in charge, you would totally just let that money lay? Fuck that. Call it greed, call it business-savvy, I'm making the money.
>>
>>32203117
And this kind of logic is why we can't have nice things, and why voting with your wallet when a corporation does something like this is important, even if only symbolically.
>>
>>32203095
I only said that for the sake of an argument, I don't watch anime or any TV series for that matter

Anyway if toilet paper was being distributed for free I wouldn't go out to buy one in a super market either

Your comparison is flawed either way since the streaming websites/companies offer a service thats easy to replicate and infinite in its nature
>>
>>32203126
>and this kind of logic is why we can't have nice things

The reason you can't have nice things is because you choose not to pay for nice things.

But you are right. You shouldn't pay for things you don't believe in...like ever. If your hand is forced, then you should always fight back on it. I don't believe in letting shit get out of hand...or even potential monopolies. FUCK THAT. I'm with you on that front. But I still believe in paying for a good service, and not outright expecting it, assuming its reasonably priced for what you get.
>>
>>32203133
Even if it was one-ply low quality paper?

That's the comparison I wanna make. I pay for quality because I don't want free CRAP.

I'd pay for 2-ply because I don't want that godawful free 1-ply.
>>
>>32200806
I already bought a Switch, so that's not even a question, but just for the things you presented, no. I have already played SM, ORAS and XY. I own all of them and can play them at any given time, considering they're on a handheld console I can bring anywhere. There's no point in having those on Switch. Yes, better framerate and that shit, but that alone is not nearly enough to make me buy a console and buy the games I already own again for that new console. As for the rest, I can play ALL of those on my fucking phone.

Unless they give a new Pokemon game that is ridiculously good looking and has shit ton of things that couldn't be on 3DS, I see no reason to buy Switch for Pokemon. As it is, 3DS is better for Pokemon. Being an autistic fan I am, if they shit out a new game for Switch that isn't anything extra special, I would still buy it, but I wouldn't be happy about it.
>>
This ligit? Looks like a Pokemon for switch that can connect to go

>>32197275
>>
>>32203209
No.
>>
>>32200859
Where the fuck do you live where a coffee costs over 3$?

Depending on where I choose to buy, I can purchase 40 coffees with 20$
>>
>this thread
Jews, jews everywhere.
Sure, a company may want me to pay more for their shitty services, but me not wanting to do so doesn't mean I'm poor or a jew. I just simply don't agree I should have to pay for it when I've already bought a console and games. Same reason I won't pay for Bank just to transfer my mons up.
>>
>>32200806
I'd rather have a new pokemon game.
>>
>>32200872

Have you played online on Nintendos other consoles?.. They need server money..
>>
>>32203246
next to a starbucks
>>
>>32200806
It'd take a lot more than that considering that the 3DS already does almost all of those things. Only thing it can't do is play the game cube games.
>>
>>32202975
What is happening in that gif?
>>
>>32202871
>Implying Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus were bad games
>>
>>32203776
>skyrim
>good
modability isn't a reason for a company to shit out a low quality game
>>
>>32202867
Fuck you poorfag, its ok when nintendo does it
>>
>>32200806

anon...they literally can put all past games move tutors into new game...also they can create safari with certain mons from past gens so what's the point of VC again?
>>
>>32203827

only when you have to pay 5€ per year, only when they have something good to offer that way...
>>
>>32200872
Because their online on the Wii, DS, 3DS and Wii U is fucking atrocious. They are a decade plus behind their competitors in this regard.

Of course, I don't expect it to get better with the Switch just because you have to pay for it now. But that's their reasoning.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.