[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just imagine...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Types.png (6KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
Types.png
6KB, 60x60px
There are 18 new items for each type. Give them a pokemon and they get a new type based on the item. If the pokemon already have two types, the secondary type will be replaced. The item needs to be attached to the pokemon. Removing it would mean that the pokemon gets its original typing

How will that change the gameplay and the competive scene?
>>
>>32199879
could b neat. they need to change the pokemon in someday, even a slight hue change would be nice
>>
>>32199879
Is there any indication on-screen that the pokemon's type changed? for example if I have a porygon hold the ghost item to become normal/ghost is there any way for my opponent to know they won't hit me with fighting moves or will they have to scout for it?
>>
>>32199981
We already have that in Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32200039
Yeah it's true, but you have to battle the pokemon first for those to appear.

My question was more about a competitive worry. I would assume the meta would be reduced to an endless cycle of scouting for altered types before doing anything, in the case there was no direct way of telling the effects of these type-changing items. Frisk would even become a crucial ability in every team
>>
>>32199879
It would mainly be used either offensively to increase STAB coverage or defensively to change weaknesses. Priority could go either way to either make more use of odd moves or stop status effects. Flying types would need their types switched to prevent being left out.
>>32200173
It works even if you haven't seen the Pokemon if you're battling another human player. It will also change if condition change, such as showing that a ground-type move is super effective on a Crobat after being knocked down, or that water moves are no longer super effective on a Pokemon that used Burnout.
>>
>>32199981
>The opponent's [Pokémon]'s type was changed by its [Held Item]!
Maybe a cute graphic of the type's emblem popping up. If you don't pay attention and miss it, fuck you.
>>
>>32199879
Shit gets fucked ASAP then after a shitty moment of turbo fuckery nintendo bans the items in competitive. Casual use would be fun, like kitchen table magic
>>
>>32200399
>If you don't pay attention and miss it, fuck you.
Until,
>Fight
>[Attacking move]
>(______) Effective
>>
If you held the Dark-type item, would you get STAB from using Fling, assuming the Pokemon was not Dark originally?
>>
>>32201250
It would probably be similar to Burnout. Get the STAB during the move then lose/revert the type afterwards.
>>
>>32199879
>New

Arceus and Silvally / Plates and Discs

kys
>>
>>32201756
Neither of those make them dual type
>>
Thread starter here, so yes, the type change will be displayed on the touchscreen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.