[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vpmd/-Feedback thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: 20170329_191550.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_191550.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey hey, still winding down from work awfulness (which is thankfully done as of today) so probably won't be up and running with more threads till the weekend. Just you guys don't forget about Ron and Osha's adventures so I figured we'd do our chapter-end thread for feedback/ general discussion / Q&A with any of the characters if you want to do that thing like with Spiritomb a while back.
>>
File: YAMERO.png (139KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.png
139KB, 270x270px
>>32199726
FIRST THING TO DO IS DELETE THAT IMAGE REEEEEE
>>
File: 20170329_193703.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_193703.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
To get things rolling, what did everyone think of chapter 2? More straightforward path to facilitate a better story like chapter 1, or an open area that might be a bit slower, but where exploration is dictated by the thread like chapter 2? Are battles okay? More thread game (i.e. curse) battles? Ideas for those?
Other things you liked or didn't like?

>>32199730
>>
>>32199754
Chapter two was fantastic, but got a bit repetative with the constant onslaught of ghost types and the overuse of scrappy seeds. Maybe something with more varying types would be good for next time.
Also, right now we're dirt poor to the point of trying to loot haunted houses. Can there be a better/more efficient way of getting money? Like, part time we can do?
>>
I guess the thing that irritated me most was the overuse of trips in the middle parts of the story. Student-kun got annoying, but I'm glad he stopped. Guess you can't really do much about that, though...
Also, please deny Lucy Fleefaggot and other namefags their rolls. They're just gonna pollute the thread with shitty memes.
>>
>>32199754
Since MD is about exploration, i think being able to choose our path like in this chapter is the more fitting way and is more fun. And the curses along with other features give the battles more depth and difficulty which is also really fun. The only lacking feature i see was the armors, i hope we get to use them more in the next chapter.

Fuck, this took me way too much to write, i need to get better at english.
>>
>>32199882
This x 6.02e23
>>
Holy shit OP, censor those pics. For God's sake, this is a blue board.

I enjoyed chapter 2. It felt shorter than chapter 1, but it was still satisfying to go through. As for story, it really depends on the situation. Some stories really integrate with exploration, and some don't. It really just depends.

The battles are good. Mostly entertaining. The curses really spiced them up, so that helped. Though that doesn't mean you should use a curse in every battle, or else people might get bored of them.

I'm enjoying the threads so far. You're a good storyteller, so I can't wait to read more from you.
>>
>>32199754
I feel like the mansion was a bit heavy on battles and exploration. Given that most of the time people wanted to screw around, which delayed the process and made it go on longer than normal. It's not a bad thing, but it felt like it went on forever.

Might there be a chance to do simple dungeon exploring/work?
>>
File: 1435701563535.gif (813KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1435701563535.gif
813KB, 303x303px
I liked the tendency to turn shit rolls into something okay or even make a memorable moment out of it
>throw reviver seed at enemy Weavile
>rape Eva when she was chained
etc.
>>
>>32199856
Was starting to feel the ghost fatigue myself, but haunted mansion and all. And my dark types are unfortunately sparse. Not to mention I blew through pretty much all my ghost (save for a certain otter-worshiped deity). Guess I could have thrown in more possessed pokemon too

>Also, right now we're dirt poor to the point of trying to loot haunted houses. Can there be a better/more efficient way of getting money? Like, part time we can do?
So people have suggested like, actual pmd dungeons before, and the thing about that is, like, how do you make that interesting? Like, putting you guys to a quest and pitting you in battles in pursuit of that quest gives something to aim for, make progress, and explore around for. But let me know if you have any ideas for stuff that we could do that would be interesting/fun in the way of making money.

>>32199877
Can't do much about that other than encourage people to stay anon. Dunno who that Lucy is though *shrug*

>>32199882
I'd like to have the armors see a bit more use too (unfortunately, both armors got shafted this time. Seismic sense couldn't sense floating/ethereal ghosts and the pink armor kept getting used on people you couldn't recruit so...) but if you have any ideas to expand on the concept, lemme know. (I also tried to make some quick armor out of paper for them but it looked pretty lame on them :/)
>>
>>32199992
How do we get the bed so we can fug Nidorina on it?
Rolling for bed
>>
>>32199898
Interestingly, chapter 2 was a couple threads longer than 1. Maybe it felt shorter because we were in one location the whole time?
There were times I felt like battles were getting tedious (and I try to encourage fighting in creative ways when possible like the fearow fight way back when, grabbing honedge to attack other ghosts, exorcising Mismagius) I think because I set up this chapter as more exploration with lots of fights, there were less puzzles to the fights like in chapter 1 though.

>>32199921
It especially didn't help in the beginning when we sent away the npcs meant to help keep us on track with things. Might try to go for a mix of the map layouts next time

>>32199979
If I can be a bit narcissistic for a minute, the rape Eva/ Surprise Wooper thing might be my favorite thing I've done in this whole series

>>32200045
:T
>>
>>32199979
that is the most impressive atributte of this threads, OP talent seems to have no limits.
>>
>>32200111
You didn't have to get those digits for me to agree with you, but fantastic anyway.
>>
>>32199992
i want the third chapter to be about smalls missions, so we can have plenty of variety, also the missions could be more than just fighting and rescuing, they could be delivery or fetch quest.
>You got a mission from this little girl who wants you to deliver this basket with candies to her grandma that lives in a small house in the middle of the forest, though we need to be careful, last time she tried to go by herself but some mightyena tried to attack her, and it's probably still around

>>32200045
student-kun please leave.
>>
>>32199754
Nice pokemon figurines in the top-right corner.
>>
File: 20170329_203317.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_203317.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>32200111
>>32200124
Aw gosh, thanks guys!

>>32200134
Well... I *kind of* have an idea for chapter 3 that's a bit lighter than 1 or 2... I just don't know how to fill it with stuff yet. I still want there to be an overall goal to the chapter, but maybe we can do some side quests to search out on the way?
Honestly I could really use someone to just bounce ideas off of and brainstorm with. But then I have to spoil the story for them!

>>32200137
I *suppose* I should clean some of these figs up. There's still ones from chapter 1 in here
>>
>>32200197
That's impressive. Do you have a favorite figurine, and is it of your favorite Pokemon?
>>
>>32200197
> I *kind of* have an idea for chapter 3 that's a bit lighter than 1 or 2... I just don't know how to fill it with stuff yet.
if your problem is that the idea you have right now is too short, then put some filler before it, something like
>Oh, we need you to go here, but tapu koko destroyed our bridge/ship/tunnel, so we can't go over there yet, come back in 2 to 3 days and we may be able to go to plotland.
>>
>>32200197
Is that Rose Quartz? she was supposed to appear in the chandelure curse?
>>
>>32200197
>>32200208
Who is your favorite pokemon, op, and will we be able to recruit them?
>>
oh, is that gigalith behind the yokai medals? a sand streamer makes good synergy with Drilbur, we should start inviting Bob to our missions guys.
>>
Rose Quartz! Top-tier taste, op!
>>
>>32199882
Shit, I thought your English was great

>>32199754
I liked being able to explore an area. Getting separated kinda sucked, but it made finding a teammate exciting. Curses during battle were neat and I'll try to think of some to contribute.

>>32199877
I agree with this post entirely. I think it should become a rule that you must post as anonymous to have your command acknowledged. Student-kun was annoying as fuck and made the threads considerably less enjoyable
>>
>>32200397
Look, I said I'm sorry and list the fucking name. I'll say it again: I'm sorry. Now, can we just forget about that shit and agree to be past it?
>>
>>32200247
Well I have the quest in mind- the end goal, just not what to put between there. It's like I know I want to end on a fight against gengar with meloetta being used by the machine, but I don't have the idea for the mansion yet.

>>32200249
Hm, I suppose I could have, since I have a Lapis too. I had a couple backups leftover for that thread including TF2, blizz chars and if need be, Amiibos. I know this may be hard to believe, but I have a terrible weakness for minifigures
>>
File: 20170329_205124.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_205124.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>32200208
>>32200262
I don't know if I have a favorite figure... maybe this charmeleon here since it's one of the few posed ones I have. Most others are just neutral poses. Megas and the more recent legendaries are cool too. Speaking of which I really hope they make UB figures soon.

As for my favorite pokemon, it comes with a rambling story so the TLDR is Raikou whose figure is always set aside.
Reason he's my favorite is because I when GSC first came out, I was still a young timid kid, and if any of you out there have an older sibling, you might know how it feels to be overshadowed and outdone in everything you do at that age. And in the field of gaming, my timidity tended to prevent me from doing much on my own without seeing my brother do it first (I was SUPER lame, I know). But anyway, when GSC came out, I had had gotten used to pokemon at least from RBY and managed to do some things on my own, but after we finished the main games, my brother and I had one challenge remaining for us: The legendary beasts. We spent days tracking them, trying to fight them, trying to status them so they'd stay, had Kurt churning out fast balls daily (which maybe didn't actually help?) and nothing.
But then one day I ran into Raikou. I had nothing on him, no damage, didn't have a sleeper or paralyzer, so I just chucked a fast ball at him and, whatever the odds on that, he caught. I was SO HAPPY to have accomplished something like this myself before my brother could, he's been my bro ever since, and I was such a little shit to my brother, he wound up cheating in master balls to catch the beasts himself.
AND I WILL NEVER FORGIVE WHOEVER'S DECISION IT WAS TO NOT GIVE RAIKOU A MOVIE I KNOW HE HAD THAT SPIN OFF THING IT'S NOT THE SAME.

He may show up in the story, idk if I want the possibility of someone trying to rape him
>>
>>32200336
it's a boldore from way back in like, chapter 2. For some reason they made that, but no roggenrola or gigalith figure. I guess cause ash had one
>>
>>32200467
that's a cute story OP
but you've granted me access to weaponising autism
>he
>>
>>32200437
>Well I have the quest in mind- the end goal, just not what to put between there.
can you give us a clue of what it's about?
>>
>>32200467
Cute story. Also, considering it's a legendary, I doubt Ron will have a chance to rape it.
>>
>>32200509
that won't stop us from trying
>>
For curses, I have a few ideas and will try to think of more.

Maybe we have to type commands backwards. The prevents overly long story commands from being posted as easily.

Maybe the commands should rhyme, either first and last word of the command or rhyme with a word you suggest.

Maybe the curse that has already been used involving the command being sent to a random teammate could also include the pool of enemies. This could lead to some strange and memorable situations.

These curses are difficult to think of. I sympathize with you.
>>
>>32200494
I think if I say almost anything about it, it'll give it away. I'm almost certain that as soon as the idea comes up in story, people will figure it out, but the focus of this chapter might be more on a certain snake and axolotl
>>
>>32199754
I loved both chapter 1 and chapter 2. I think my favourite parts were exploring the house to regather the team, and some of the curses (especially the franchise, switching command targets and song curses).
My favourite parts of chapter 1 were the clever battle workarounds and diverse locations.
Like other anons have been saying, the only thing that's been dragging for this chapter has been the monotony of ghosts and scrappy seeds, but the variation has still been enjoyable (special mention to the Golurk/Honedge/Dusknoir fight for best all-ghost fight)
All in all, it seems to me that anything you try is going to be very entertaining. Just keep it up /opmd/
>>
>>32200547
>spoiler
Snivy and wooper?
>>
>>32200551
Thank you very much! Hope I can live up to the expectations
And I'll definitely try to have more enemy diversity next chapter

>>32200590
or mudpuppy whatever Mudkip is. they look pretty similar!
>>
>>32200590
close...

>>32177931
this guy already figured it out
>>
>>32200653
funny thing, that guy is me
>>
>>32200653
That suggestion is actually why they're going to be in the next chapter
>>
>>32200544
I'll hang onto these ideas for later, thanks!
>>
>>32199726
please recruit Mudkip
Not having my favorite mon with us is triggering my autism to unimaginable levels
>>
>>32200874
Sure! Can't guarantee I'll use em, but the more ideas the better
>>
Since you are a little short on ideas,how about you include the revenge of the grumpy rattata in the next chapter?
>>
I'm out for the night. Getting hard to stay awake. Wouldn't mind keeping the thread going tomorrow if anyone wants to discuss more.

>>32201032
I don't know if he'll ever get hit revenge, being a rattata and all, but he's always around to complain about something or other. Nobody ever tries to talk to him though!
>>
So here's what i have so far, i will add more later
I have this idea where both teams get asked to find and get 3 unique items that this pokemon lost, the thing is that the pokemon that gives us that quest will only reward one of the teams, so it's a competence between us and vicent's team on who can find, get and keep the 3 items, due to some shenanigans our team falls behind, letting Vicent's team find and take the first item, which was being hold inside the base of a bad group of pokemon, the thing is that vicent's team did such a good job that they took the item without having to fight any other pokemon than the one that was guarding the item, this make the group of bad pokemon to go after us thinking it was our group the one that stole the item
>>
I've got nothing right now, so have a bump.

Your threads are great, OP. I look forward to whatever you have in store.
>>
Hmm what else... thoughts/ideas for armors? Or upgrades?
Of the pokemon befriended which chapter, what would your top 3 to recruit be?
>>
File: vpmd part 41b.png (4MB, 1000x7580px) Image search: [Google]
vpmd part 41b.png
4MB, 1000x7580px
>>32203499
>Of the pokemon befriended which chapter, what would your top 3 to recruit be?
1. Helioptile
2. Drunkbat
3. Nidorotom
108. Spiritomb, as if they'd ever join us
>>
>>32203543
>spoiler
He'd join you just to sabotage every mission
>>
>>32203549
>bring him along
>he does nothing but curse the team at every opportunity
Sounds like a fun time to me
>>
>>32203629
>2 of Spiritomb's starting moves are curse and spite
It's like pottery
>>
>>32203499
Spiritomb, Noibat, Weavile
>>
>>32204398
Weavile is dead. Super dead. There has not been a pokemon as dead as weavile is. He has gone to the real world and died so his data can never be reborn as a digi-egg.
But much like with the lycanroc situation, there'll still be a sneasel around somewhere to befriend
>>
>>32204474
Can we slurp up his dead juice when we re-enter the action? We would share with Eva, of course.
>>32203499
3. Nidorina
2. Gengar
1. Drunkbat
>>
>>32203499
Nidorina, just because of the tension it'll cause around here with her and Osha in the party.

You should probably include more armors with passive effects. It feels like we mostly forgot that the armors can do stuff.
>>
>>32203499
Spiritomb, Noibat, and Helioptile. Gengar would be interesting but he's probably too powerful for the stage we're at now unless he's gimped.
Not really sure about upgrades, but this >>32204717 is good as most of us forget about them.
>>
>>32204717
I was thinking that I might have an upgrade for the brown armor be a radar, or at least an auto alert if a pokemon was nearby. I don't think I have effects for all armors' basic level yet either

Also I'm pretty happy to see a lot of people say noibat. He got a lot of flak early on during the input displacement curse when he kept getting commands that all he could do was be drunk for.
>>
>>32204879
most of the flak was by me, for some reason i cannot explain i hate the bat with a burning passion.
though i think if he were to join us i think the drunk gimmick would get stale real fast
>>
>>32204919
Well, I probably won't make him a pass-out drunk anymore at least. He wasn't even supposed to be drunk at all. He was just passed out from the spell he was under and nobody even tried to interact with him until he got a command from the curse that I just wound up spinning to have him be a drunk
>>
>>32199754
>drifblim

Is that the final boss?
>>
>>32205710
Drifblim was in the attic of the mansion
>>
>>32203499
I was thinking about a psychic armor that works like a walkie talkie, in case we find ourselves in another split up situation.
>>
>>32205856
Also thought of a armor that works like a weaker version of aerilate or glaciate,so we can have more coverage.
>>
>>32203499
Oh,and my top 3 would be
1. Helioptile
2. Rotom
3. Noibat
>>
>>32203499
Wooper, Wooper, WOOPER
>>
>>32207071
Wooper is beyond anyone's control
>>
File: Wooped.jpg (42KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Wooped.jpg
42KB, 500x667px
>>32207208
>Wooper is beyond anyone's control
Not mine.
>>
>>32203499
1.helioptile
2.Nidorina
3.Absol
>>
>>32205694
Storywise I think it worked out alright. I like to think that he's drinking buddies with Woobat and Zubat, and didn't show up in the cave in the forest because he was passed out at the bar.
>>
New thread tonight?
>>
>>32203499
1. mudkip
2. noibat
108. spiritomb
>>
>>32199726
FUCK ME OSHA
>>
>>32207515
>recruiting Mudkip
Mudkip has his own exploration team, and what's most likely an overpossessive girlfr- partner.
>>
>>32207483
soon
>>
>>32207515
1. mudkip
something something stale meme
>>
>>32207551
We would be better overpossesive boyfr- partners
>>
honk honk
>>32207637
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.