[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to pick up one of the Hoenn remakes. Which team is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: TeamMagmaVSTeamAqua_832x468.png (648KB, 832x468px) Image search: [Google]
TeamMagmaVSTeamAqua_832x468.png
648KB, 832x468px
About to pick up one of the Hoenn remakes.

Which team is the better villain and which team is the better antihero?

>inb4 "skip ORAS and don't waste your money"
>>
>>32199245
Magma makes more sense if that's what you're wondering.
>>
skip ORAS and don't waste your money
>>
As an AS owner i can tell you OR is better.
>>
I personally prefer Team Magma as the villains.
>>
I'd go for Sapphire, I hated it less than Ruby
can't really speak about ORAS though, I just skipped them
>>
>>32199266
I played Emerald and got the best of both worlds

Wish they'd have just remade Emerald
>>
>>32199245
I would recommend Omega Ruby. I simple like team magma and groudon better than Kyogre and aqua. Just personal taste though. You should look at the legend exclusives before you buy if you care about those
>>
>>32199261
why is version "A" better in most gens?
>>
>>32199245
Aqua is better villains. Who would you rather beat up, a bunch of pasty nerds in Magma or sweaty brown Aqua pirates? I like adventure, so I'd rather beat up the pirates.

I also like Kyogre better than Groudon, even though I'm willing to admit Groudon is better. Whales are so badass, though.
>>
File: archie defeat.gif (966KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
archie defeat.gif
966KB, 500x280px
>>32199245
Magma is more naturally antagonistic while Aqua is friendlier. However I actually like it better with Aqua as the villains, it's more interesting when the villains are nice. Plus you get to see Archie and Shelly more often.
>>
>>32199705
>Plus you get to see Archie and Shelly more often.
This is not a good thing.
>>
>>32199733
Yeah it is, Archie is a total bro and Shelly is cool (and hot). Aqua in general is more fun to encounter than Magma.
>>
>>32199611
>Implying X is better than Y
Nope.
>>
>>32199670
>Aqua is better villains. Who would you rather beat up, a bunch of pasty nerds in Magma or sweaty brown Aqua pirates?
>Hey, let's flood what's already flooded!

Team Aqua is pretty dumb. Team Magma, in the other hand, makes more sense and they aren't trying to do nothing wrong.
>>
>>32199815
They're both stupid as hell. I don't see what Magma was trying to accomplish by reducing sea levels, unless they reduced sea levels by a lot then there wouldn't be significantly more land for people to use. And reducing the sea level by that much would be disastrous.
>>
>>32199815
Aqua would have never been able to realize their plans, given how rain works. A few floods here and there so some would die but the world would be fine in the end after the shit calmed down and Kyogre was defeated. The effects would mostly be temporary.
Magma's plan would have resulted in a great deal more death than Aqua's. Mass drought and evaporation of moisture, killing plants, aquatic life, and causing soil damage. Lasting ecological damage and possible desertification of a lot of the ecosystem.
>>
>>32199851
But Magma didn't want Groudon's sun powers, they wanted it to create literal land.
>>
>>32199851
>Magma's plan would have resulted in a great deal more death than Aqua's.
Eh, not really.
Had everything gone to plan they would have had control of Groudon allowing them to effectively control the levels of water by virtue of the water cycle.

Aqua on the other hand would have just flooded the lands because Kyogre creates never ending rainclouds that bypass the cycle.
>>
>>32199875
Groudon makes sunshine though, it's what it does.
>>32199884
The thing is, even if it created continuous rain, the water doesn't just come out of thin air (Yes I know this is fantasy and Pokemon can "make" water). If it worked like rain does, the water wouldn't be able to flood the whole planet. Drying such massive amounts of water to create that much land so quickly wouldn't be able to let most plants live and would evaporate a great deal more moisture from non-oceanic sources than needed for life to survive there. It would still end up with huge desertification and ecological damage.

Neither plan is logically sound, and despite Maxie being more professional and using a more well-outlined plan, they both were idiots.
>>
>>32199955
>If it worked like rain does
That's the thing, it doesn't.
Kyogre is literally creating an endless amount of rain on it's own separate from the liquids currently on the planet.
>>
>>32199998
Even then it still wouldn't have resulted in the same kinds of irreversible damage that Groudon would create.
With their plan working, it would have destroyed a great deal of the ecosystem (especially since so many Pokemon live in grass) to make flat, dead areas that could probably still be used by people. Unfortunately, even if it worked, that would create a water shortage for humans too, considering that sunshine doesn't discriminate the water it evaporates and freshwater is fair game. Overall it would make a much larger human society but an overall shittier quality of life, loss of Pokemon habitat, and drought for the larger society, since more development means, ironically enough, that those settlements need more water to sustain themselves.
Without their plan working, well I've outlined the death and damage that would cause.

Aqua on the other hand, is just flat out retarded as well.
If their plan worked, while it would technically be better for water Pokemon like Manaphy and erase some human encroachment, they would end up killing and causing the extinction of most if not all terrestrial Pokemon and a great deal of avians and amphibians.
The actuality of their plan would have ended with the lack of water for Kyogre to draw from, and if it does the fantasy water creation, it ends up simply being defeated by Pokemon healthy enough to defeat it due to the sheer amount of water Pokemon there are. Groudon would have not experienced such opposition because of the deadly environment it creates around it while using its powers without restraint, an environment that not only is optimal for it, but weakens most opponents, save for Pokemon located far outside of where it would have been deployed and used (the ocean).

Both doomed to fail.
>>
>>32200165
>Even then it still wouldn't have resulted in the same kinds of irreversible damage that Groudon would create.
Except it would anon.
Unlike a drought where eventually that water will come back down then the area cools the additional water can't go anywhere and everything including a lot of sealife caused by a change in tides and ecosystem would just be gone.

>With their plan working, it would have destroyed a great deal of the ecosystem
I don't think you understand what their plan succeeding entails.
That would mean absolute control over Groudon.
As in they can control the intensity of the droughts and when to use it.
>>
Team Aqua makes more sense as the villains. The Earth's surface is 70% water. It's not like the land to sea ratio is 1:1. Plus human civilization depends on land.

Team Magma is the better anti-hero.
>>
>>32200212
Absolute control over an ability that Groudon itself has no control over just shows how ill-thought through the plan was though. Also the point still stands that by reducing the amount of water and increasing the landmass, it would become increasingly difficult to sustain society's water demands, even if Groudon only evaporated saltwater somehow.
The thing I was meaning about Kyogre was that it would be easy to stop before it even got as far as permanent widespread ecological destruction. It makes water. Some sealife would still be negatively affected due to pressure increasing from rising sea levels, but a great deal of healthy Pokemon from the water could stop it.
Groudon technically could be defeated in the same manner by Pokemon like Golem or Magcargo, but those Pokemon would be far away from it while it is using its power to evaporate the oceans or areas of it.
>>
>>32200266
>that Groudon itself has no control over
Where'd this assumption come from exactly?
Also regardless of if Groudon could control it or not it wouldn't matter because Magma would easily be able to recall the Pokemon to stop the drought.
You're not really thinking things through here.
>>
>>32199884
But Aqua also explicitly wanted to use the orb to control Kyogre. Both of their plans failed because it turned out they couldn't hold back Kyogre/Groudon's power.
>>
>>32200302
>But Aqua also explicitly wanted to use the orb to control Kyogre.
The difference between the two is that Kyogre messes with the natural order and creates additional water skewing that 70/30 water ratio. Unless you have some kind of super pump then you're not going to be removing that additional water any time soon.
With Groudon you just need to put him away for a while for the water cycle to take place.
>>
>>32200277
Purely from the legends surrounding them, how it acts in the game, and how the power is treated in battle. And like I said, even if they could stop the drought, the level of expansion they speak of would cause major issues for the society the want to expand onto the land they make. A vast increase in demand of fresh water regardless of any influence Groudon had for not just drinking, but for cleaning, Pokemon care, maintenance, etc.. The goal they have would actually lower the quality of life in areas they make to a point where it would shorten the survivability of the society. I will not give you a counter insult but please consider how their goals would have come out had they succeeded.
>>
>>32199998
how do you know it makes the rain
it could be drawing water particles from the air
>>
>>32200354
>but please consider how their goals would have come out had they succeeded.
That's the problem here anon. You're not taking into account what a successful execution would mean for either team.

No matter how much water Groudon evaporates it's all reversible because that's how the water cycle works, that water will not just disappear forever, plants can be regrown etc.
Complete control over Groudon, regardless of if the Pokemon can control the drought itself, means they can control the area of effect of the drought and how long it will continue. In other words when a water shortage is made apparent Magma can easily halt the drought especially when it comes to the tropical region of hoenn where rainfall is abundant.

Now taking us to Kyogre, all it can do is introduce water.
It can't just eject that additional water back to where it came from once it's there it's staying. Meaning land will forever be flooded with no place to grow food let alone for land dwellers to live.

>>32200435
>it could be drawing water particles from the air
Then that would cause an entirely different problem and significantly slow the production of its rain. It also wouldn't be able to flood the land so Aqua would be shit out of luck to begin with.
>>
>>32200534
I wasn't talking about the land in my last post, I was speaking of their goals. What they didn't consider was that they would only have GROUDON. No Kyogre to produce new fresh water, and they planned on using this across the whole world, not just Hoenn. As a society grows, it needs more water. Regardless of Groudon's drought controls, a bigger society to the degree that they were planning to create would far exceed a reasonable threshold for water demand. Society would simply be too large to exist properly for the existing resources the planet has, assuming they wanted to make first world society rather than a series of small third world nations.
Also this >>32200435 anon made me think, how do you know it produces the water rather than doing something like they said? Nothing speaks to the limit of speed it could convert and produce rain if it did so, as it is a fantasy creature with environmentally altering power. Like you said, Aqua would be SoL.
>>
>>32200348
I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. Aqua wanted to create more ocean, Magma wanted to create more land for human use. Are you saying Magma would have failed no matter what?
>>
>>32200683
>No Kyogre to produce new fresh water,
Anon, they don't need Kyogre to produce fresh water. Like I said before that water will eventually return as part of the water cycle. It doesn't just disappear.

Unless of course you're assuming that Groudon would be constantly outside of a Pokeball or some containment device which kind of goes against the idea of control that they were aiming for. Remember, their goal was to control and utilize its power not let it run amok.

>assuming they wanted to make first world society rather than a series of small third world nations.
You do realise we're talking about the Pokemon universe right?
You'd have a point if it towns and cities were the same size as they were in reality and if it wasn't technologically advanced in comparison.

>>32200866
Aqua would have failed no matter what because they would have irreversibly changed the ecosystem of the world by introducing more water that's impossible to remove as well as destroying several underwater ecosystems.
>>
aqua because it's fun to have friendly villains
>>
>>32199245
I really enjoyed Aqua. They've got a lot of Skull's goofy flavor to them, and Archie's a great bro. Easily my favorite team.
>>
>>32200942
I apologize, you seem to have misunderstood.
Even without Groudon or Kyogre, even if this happened in real life (more land everywhere, more civilization), it would put an even harder strain on resource demand, water, food, fuel, energy, etc.. Magma's goal would have expedited the fall of human civilization or at least acted in a detrimental way to the good of the species, which is in direct opposition with their goal of helping humanity.
>>
File: archie being a bro.png (261KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
archie being a bro.png
261KB, 540x360px
>>32200968
>>32200995
anons of good taste
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.