[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon PTCG/PTCGO General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 54

File: SM3-Shining-Legends-1.jpg (274KB, 1018x674px) Image search: [Google]
SM3-Shining-Legends-1.jpg
274KB, 1018x674px
Shiny Mew Confirmed for Japan edition

New? Check the pastebin for advice on getting started with PTCGO, deck building tips, current metagame information and more
>http://pastebin.com/AK9ZJksJ (embed)

You can also check this FAQ (it's a bit outdated but mostly holds true):
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games) to get 45 free packs
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.

>WHAT THEMEDECK SHOULD I BUY
Buy the fucking Incineroar one

Deck Building resources
>http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
>http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
>http://thecharizardlounge.com/decklists/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower. Keep pack value in mind when trading.
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/
>http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text, bots may snatch them, don't post uncovered QRs, bots may snatch them
>Standard etiquette is to take one code per dump per person
>Always post your pulls

old thread >>32162198
>>
File: XY8_EN_60.png (152KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY8_EN_60.png
152KB, 245x342px
>>32192764
first for gengar
>>
2nd for RNG conspiring against me
>>
Third for misplays
>>
>>32186336
>>32186474
I never have an issue with Tauros GX unless there's more than one of them.

Hint: ferry pokemon

Building another deck that won't have an issue with Tauros. Kyurem Ex shuts punishmentmons the fuck down.

>>32187102
I started decimating Standard with an OC water box that uses Lapras GX as a glass cannon (by decimating, I mean I best everyone who wasn't using a meme deck). A few days later I started noticing very similar decks built around the same core monsters including Lapras with a couple switched cards here and there.

I honestly believe that since the deck has some common cards, that people used the deck viewer to copy my deck.

>>32186765
Mate, I love trying to pioneer new memes. Can I add you to discuss meme pioneering?
>>
File: G1_EN_RC6.png (172KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
G1_EN_RC6.png
172KB, 245x342px
Got two of these today, it never occured to me how CUTE flareon is
>>
>>32193164
>I honestly believe that since the deck has some common cards, that people used the deck viewer to copy my deck.

What's funny is that there's a premium Pokebeach article with Lapras-GX being mentioned in the title.

>http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/bird-barricades
>>
>>32193180
Oh, maybe that's it then. I noticed a definite rise in decks similar to mine after I started using it a ton.

My deck also runs regiice, glaceon ex, and articuno take an exrta prize card edition and I was seeing decks running all those.
>>
GOLD STAR ESPEON REPRINT WHEN
>>
>>32193203
regice ao, articuno at and glaceon ex have been staples of water box style decks since they've been released (since Suicune was rotated in Regice's case).
>>
How bad is Pokemon TCG's meta compared to Yugioh's current meta?

I saw a match where the player went through 3/4 of his deck, and dealt the killing blow on turn one.
>>
File: fuckptcgo.jpg (197KB, 1009x659px) Image search: [Google]
fuckptcgo.jpg
197KB, 1009x659px
Why does this game hate me.
>>
>>32193289
Expanded has some shit kind of like that, turn 1 item lock is the chief cancer agent in this game. Standard also has one turn 1 item lock card but it's way less consistent and will be rotating in September. People are also starting to work counters like bide barricade Wobbs back into decks to deal with it.

I've also seen some stupid donk decks like Decidueye/Latios but those are relatively rare, and way harder to pull off in standard.

The most boring part of the meta right now is how virtually every deck has an identical draw engine, the few decks with unconventional ones (greninja, gyarados) were absolutely cucked by the last expansion. VS Seeker makes tech supporters super standardized, people run tons of 1 of supporters in their deck and just depend on being able to fish them from discard. But VS seeker and Shaymin are leaving at rotation too.
>>
>>32192764

>Yet another Extra Set

Clearly two Lost Decades weren't enough punishment for Japan

>>32193333

>Expanded
>Turn 1 Item Lock

Would you consider Turn 1 Archeops Lock be just as bad?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-133225.jpg (218KB, 809x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-133225.jpg
218KB, 809x1648px
10/10 cucked. Being a jew can be funny sometimes
>>
>>32193401
Also cancer, but it's cancer that counters other cancer which is basically the story of expanded.

Honestly the best format right now is modified unlimited. I play with a few guys at LGS. Banlist is easy

1. All base set/base set 2 trainers without a contemporary reprint are banned or errata'd into a similar modern effect (oak = sycamore, energy removal = crushing hammer, ect)
2. Chaos Gym, Slowking Neo, Neo era babies, Broken Space Time, Lysandre's Trump Card, Forest of Giant Plants, Archeops NVI and Porygon2 GRE are banned, mostly for accelerating evolution too effectively, shutting down evolution too effectively, introducing too many bullshit coinflips or resulting in extremely long drawn out games.

Porygon2 is kind of a special case, but it lets you play 2 supporters in a turn which is just too broken even if it does need to evolve.
>>
>>32193530
>oak = sycamore
But those are two completely different fucking cards.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-28-23-11-17.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-28-23-11-17.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Just won my first tournament (theme) despite getting super unlucky draws.

Theme might be fairly luck based (strategy came into play a couple times) but at least I didn't have to deal with memes from players with all the value they could dream for and therefore the latest meta impossible to lose decks.

What now?
>>
>>32193855
only in that oak is a trainer that is functionally an item card while sycamore is a supporter.

it's to say that if you want to play Oak, we consider it a supporter with the same effect as juniper or sycamore. The only reason that Oak wasn't printed as a supporter was because there was no such card class in gen 1 sets.

We used to consider any early set card that prominently featured people rather than items a supporter card, but that system was too complex and made a lot of already shit cards needlessly bad.

>>32193872
standard tournaments are full of people running shit jank decks and retards who netdecked a list they have no idea how to play, you don't run into a well composed meta deck with a decent player operating it until the finals of most tournaments, and even then not every final.

I've won tournaments with shit like Typhlosion/Talonflame in the past. By no means do you need to try hard to have a good shot at winning events. But I'd save tickets for when Guardians drops.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-03-27-16-18-54.png (1MB, 1363x1801px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-03-27-16-18-54.png
1MB, 1363x1801px
>>32193872
Oh, not to mention

>Game starts, I get a Rowlett early, flip two tails for my timer ball
>she plays 10+30*mybench mon with 100hp while I have a full bench, kills my active
>Send out a shmuck to deal 50 dmg to him
>Kills my schmuk (pinsir)
>Sent out trumbeak to do 20xheads, four flips
>All tails
>He kills trumbeak
>Send out a pleb for him to kill
>Kills pleb
>Fill his spot on my bench with pleb2 BC I need my other bench mons
>Hoping to draw the shiinotic I need to pull dartrix, decides-who-dies, and parasect
>Kills my pleb
>Send out next pleb
>Kills him
>Finally draw dartrix
>Finally can send out kangaskahn for comet punch to kill
>Sends out Crescillia, (110 HP), deals 70dmg to kang
>Draw decides who dies
>Hurricane punch (50*heads, four flips)
>4 tails
>kills Kang
>Send out decides who dies, kill Cres with brave bird
>One prize card left
>He can send out the big Ursula bear for 80+40*2 and risk dying if he misses the coin flips
>Or haunter
>Sends haunter, evolves to gengar, poisons me
>Check gengar health, it's 130 and I don't have kukui
>Check his move - knocks out the active Mon if it has 3 or more dmg counters (I will have that next turn due to poison)
>Switch to my paras that has been in my bench since the beginning with three energy
>Deal 20 damage, earning checkmate (she had two prizes left)
>She poisons paras, I switch him back for decides who dies and decide that gengar dies

That ended up being longer than expected but the point was to complain about all 8 coin flips I needed failing.
>>
>>32194031
10*
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-29-00-11-27.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-29-00-11-27.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>32193991
Yeah, I've played in total 1standard and 1theme (tourneys).

Won my first round in standard and then ran into a houndoom milling deck. Got shit draws and couldn't get enough energy to attack his houndoom until I had one card left. I only have one elixer so my deck is fairly weak/luck-reliant (usually I don't have an issue).

You seem pretty based, could you possibly help me fill in those sorts of gaps? Pic related, my deck. Ingame name is teabiskuit even if you just want a new player to chat with.
>>
thinking of getting back into the physical game, hows the meta? last i played was the start of Mewtwo duels, and before that Sabledonk.
are there any decent Water type decks? marine bio fag
last i heard its just Decidueye vs Decidueye
>>
>>32194269
pokegoldfish.com
>>
>he hits 2 crushing hammers in a row
fuck these people
>>
>>32194269
is Shaymin rotating out this year?
that would honestly be a huge push for me to play
>>
I have 1000 gold in tcgo, I only started this week. Only thing I've bought is the raging fire theme deck and I use that and the basic blue one online and do well. Not enough to enter theme tournaments. What should I be doing?
>>
File: Alolan-Ninetales-SM2Plus.jpg (301KB, 500x698px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan-Ninetales-SM2Plus.jpg
301KB, 500x698px
The new SM sets need to come out already. I just want to play this cutie.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 185x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 185x268px
>>32192764
>Mew and Mewtwo again
Remind me many new Mewtwo cards we got since last year again?

>>32192764
Yes, so is VS Seeker and a bunch of other "staple" cards.
>>
>>32194669
meant to quote >>32194383
>>
Can someone give me a hand with trade value? I need a bunch of shitmons for my decks but I have no clue how much to charge.

I need like
>4 psystorm delphox
>1 fennekin
>2 braixen

>3 wonderlock klefki

>2 litwick
>3 lampent
>3 sinister selection chandelure

>4 porygon 2
>3 porygon z

>3 premonition gallade
>1 kirilia
>2 eruption camerupt

>2 cosmog

>1 trainer mail
>3 max elixir
>3 rare candy
>3 float stone
>4 trick coins
>2 pokédex
>1 puzzle of time

And a bunch more of that nature... Advice? If any of them are easy to come buy should I just buy packs? I have about 1000 tokens at the moment.

>>32194269
Decides-who-dies is overpowered as fuck, free damage every turn with no penalty.

>>32194333
That card shouldn't exist.

>>32194413
Practice with incineroar deck until you know the purpose of every card in the deck (some are useless, mind you). Play until you get the hang of understanding when to retreat, when to hold your star monster back, etc. When you get that, feel free to join theme tourneys.
>>
>>32193164
>Can I add you to discuss meme pioneering?
Yea go for it
>>
>>32186765
Yo what's that trainer that's not Tierno.
>>
>>32194766
Supporter, I mean.
>>
>>32194669
>>32194676
god dammit, while i understand those cards make the game, theyre fucking expensive.
>>32194729
ah yes. i want to lose to a deck i dont want to play.
eugh, Pokemon is so fun at its core, and the cards are gorgeous, but this is why i got out of it.
>>
>>32194776
>I want to lose to a deck
Wat.

You can practice using the deck in trainer challenges, it's matches against computer player, you get a free pack if you best each trainer with 4 different theme decks. You end up with like 45 free packs that you can't trade so you can open them and start making a deck.

Or if you feel comfy with the deck, just jump right into theme tourneys. They're mostly luck. And incineroar is OP as fuck.
>>
>>32194767
Lass Special - Draw a card for each of your opponents benched Basic Pokemon
>>
File: noctowl.jpg (617KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
noctowl.jpg
617KB, 1920x1080px
>>32194767
Lass's Special, draw a card for each of your opponents benched basic Pokemon.

I've updated that deck, still trying to find max consistency.
>>
>>32194787
im talking about physical
havent heard anything about Incineroar (but like i said, i dont know the meta)
is Fug a deck still?
>>
>>32192874
Well I just spam Tierno each turn if possible and use VS Seeker to grab more Tierno. In this case my opponent didn't realise what I was trying to do and benched a lot of his waterbox Pokemon so I used Lass a few turns in a row to grab a massive amount of cards.
>>
>>32194333

Something tells me that the flip mechanics are busted, I've seen people chain 2-3 successful Hammers in some of my matches.

But that's just meaningless if no one's willing to reverse-engineer the client, of course.

>>32194729

The coin flip is enough to keep it balanced, at least it's not guaranteed like Energy Removal or Super Energy Removal were.

>>32194809
>havent heard anything about Incineroar (but like i said, i dont know the meta)

That's for the TCGO's Theme format, but some people are experimenting with Incineroar-GX and Sky Field.

>is Fug a deck still?

That depends on which Fug you're running Dragon M Fug's been dead for a while and Colorless M Fug does decently depending on the local meta.
>>
>>32194827
There's a 25% chance of chaining two hammers and 12.5% for three, it;s not that rare.
>>
>>32194827
Luck is a terrible balancing mechanic. Team Flare Grunt is a functional Energy Removal and is 100% less cancerous because it's a supporter. Cards like Crushing Hammer almost make me want to play Vileplume.
>>
>>32194973
>Luck is a terrible balancing mechanic.

It's been with us since the start of the game and is an inherent mechanic of all card games.

>Team Flare Grunt is a functional Energy Removal and is 100% less cancerous because it's a supporter.

Except for the fact that VS Seeker is still a thing (and hopefully until September if Guardians Rising and our August set don't throw any monkey wrenches into the works).

>Cards like Crushing Hammer almost make me want to play Vileplume.

And people do, why do you think Lurantis/Vileplume is a thing?
>>
whats the best way to decide on your deck? the tried and true "choose an ex and go"?
>>
>>32195051
Depends on what you currently have. I just build off of the EX/GX I pulled and trade for good cards as I go.

If you're not completely competitive just build a deck off a Pokemon you like, otherwise just go for the meta I guess.
>>
>>32195015
>It's been with us since the start of the game and is an inherent mechanic of all card games
That doesn't mean introducing more luck to balance broken cards is a good thing.

>Except for the fact that VS Seeker is still a thing
It's still competing for the 1 supporter per turn slot.

>why do you think Lurantis/Vileplume is a thing?
Because the meta is 30+ items in every deck.
>>
Damage multiplying is too much a thing in this game.
I had a dream tonight about an imaginary tournament I participated in. I played against some girl with a simple deck, almost no EX or GX, her main attacker was 100 HP colorless non-existent Pokemon based on marathon or running theme. Its first attack costs one [C] energy and deals - GET READY, GUYS - 10 x damage for the number of days in a year.
At this moment I was to wake up saying "Fuck it, fuck it!" but I didn't. I won this match.
Shame on me, but in this dream I played M-Mewtwo deck, which is mostly a multiplier-type too.
>>
>>32195275
>pokemon guarantess OHKO off [C]
Unless it's a stage 2 she's a shitter for losing to M Mewtwo.
>>
>>32195284
Sure. Unfortunately, the part about stage is not clear to remember. Still, such a card should be considered as overpowered and broken.
No need to balance it, that was a dream after all.
>>
File: 20170329_065217.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_065217.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Got 3 of those boosters with the Rockruff promo to get a full set for a Lycanroc deck, and THE LUCK WAS ABSURD.
>>
I have 1000 gold on tcgo, only have the RF theme deck. just started. tips?

im done trainer battles, but no tickets for tournys
>>
>>32195711

Is >>32194413 you? Why are you repeating your question in the same thread?

If you don't have tickets and don't have cards to compete in Standard, then just play the Theme Versus ladder. Win some tickets so you can play tournaments for tradable packs, then trade your way up.
>>
File: 1458854515810.png (197KB, 394x529px) Image search: [Google]
1458854515810.png
197KB, 394x529px
>it's an Espion GX/multiple Tauros GX episode
>it's a all your prize cards are pokemon and you're fucked episode
>>
>>32195873
>it's a have 15 basic pokemon in your deck and don't draw a single one aside from the first basic you get after getting mulligans 4 times in a row for the sixth game in a row episode
>>
Won my first tournament. Keep the packs or open them?
>>
>>32194178
way too many energy cards. Cut it down to 4 DCE 12 water, the splash energies aren't really necessary. Get a couple of super rods to replace them.

Get at least 1 more, preferably 2 more lapras, 3 more vs seeker, 3 more elixir, 2-2 Remoraid/Octillery, 1 Oranguru wouldn't hurt. 4 Sycamore also a good idea especially once you get those vs seekers.
>>
>>32195620
What's the rockruff promo?
>>
>>32195930
Keep any tradable packs unless you're a ramblin, gamblin dude.

if you don't have any standard decks you should 110% keep them until you have at least one standard deck you're content with.
>>
>>32195930
You're supposed to keep them. Tradable packs are currency, so opening them is like withdrawing a bunch of money in quarters and melting them down to sell the metal which has less value.
>>
>>32196305
Are you that guy who said he only runs coin flipping decks a few threads ago?
>>
>>32196349
Hey, I also run a few shuffle decks.
>>
A buddy gave me seventy codes for sun and moon packs.

Open or sell?

I only started a while ago. Don't have a standard deck yet, or even a single Shaymeme. I got Lapras GX FA, Incineroar GX, and Umbreon GX. Bought a few theme decks too.

Are there any good and competitive decks that don't use many Shaymeme?
>>
>>32196433
70-80 codes is enough for a full standard deck from scratch.

Most decks only use 2 shaymins anyways. With 70 you can afford two shaymins and if you jew the price down a bit and get a little lucky you'll have some packs left over. Win a couple of tournaments and you can finish off a deck. Once you have 2 shaymins and 4 vs seekers, the cost of building any additional deck plummets.
>>
>>32196485
Awsome! Thanks a ton. I was so worried about buying any Shaymin because they're so pricey
>>
Where is the best place to preorder a booster box of Guardians Rising? I see amazon already has a listing up, along with the ETB.
>>
Reposting, need advice. I have 4 SM and one Roaring Skies.

Can someone give me a hand with trade value? I need a bunch of shitmons for my decks but I have no clue how many packs to offer.

I need like
>4 psystorm delphox
>1 fennekin
>2 braixen

>3 wonderlock klefki

>2 litwick
>3 lampent
>3 sinister selection chandelure

>4 porygon 2
>3 porygon z

>3 premonition gallade
>1 kirilia
>2 eruption camerupt

>2 cosmog

>1 trainer mail
>3 max elixir
>3 rare candy
>3 float stone
>4 trick coins
>2 pokédex
>1 puzzle of time
>3 VS Seeker

And some more of that nature... Advice? If any of them are easy to come buy should I just buy packs? I have about 1000 tokens at the moment.

Please reply to me.
>>
File: 1070864.jpg (42KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
1070864.jpg
42KB, 321x450px
How many SunMoon packs is Shaymin EX RA worth?
>>
>>32196999
>>
Same dude with the seventy packs

Is it generally agreed upon I should get Shaymin? Are there any competitive decks that don't use Shaymin?
>>
>>32197013
How about for the FA version?
>>
Is there a pack price guide for PTCGO?
>>
>>32197261
Every deck uses at least 2 shaymemes since they work with literally any deck. Unless you're running janky memes then you want a shaymin
>>
>>32197462
Is there a pack trade guide for PTCG?
>>
>>32197361
>>
>>32197462
>>32198015
I use this www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html
>>
>>32198069
Neat guide, thanks!
Does it also apply to trading packs/cards in real life? Like physically trading two SM packs for a physical Primarina GX card for instance?
>>
>>32198235
Nobody trades packs for cards in real life.
>>
>>32198069

note that this fag is associated with a trading company and therefore his opinion is literally just as bad as theirs

don't be fooled by this fake as nigga
>>
>>32198245
I suppose that does make more sesnse. I have all these breakthrough packs I do not want. Guess I should gut them open to see if any URs come out of them...
>>
>>32198260
Just reduce the price of everything by like 80% and you get a more fair price that you can use
>>
File: [sweating intensifies].png (119KB, 295x297px) Image search: [Google]
[sweating intensifies].png
119KB, 295x297px
Should I go halfsies with a friend on a GR booster box or save for both the Bulu and Koko tins and the Decidueye GX box?

I've been working on a Lurantis/Decidueye deck for the 17-18 standard, and running Raikou in expanded, but my gambling autism is trying really hard not to pass up a chance to open 18 packs all at once.
>>
File: 20170329_164053.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_164053.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Are these worth anything? I got like 15 of these code cards from boosters and promo stuff
>>
>>32198643
pretty much worthless if you only play paper, although you can sell them if you want. what you should do is post the codes for us
>>
>>32198643
Can I have them?
>>
>>32198643
depends on the set, code cards are worth about $0.10 to $5ish depending on the product.

No booster currently in print is worth more than $0.70/code.
>>
File: 1487049018152.jpg (122KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1487049018152.jpg
122KB, 591x591px
>>32198311

Yea, go for it.

I'm 100% sure you gonna hit like two Tapu Leles and a good SR Item like Blower or Double Colorless.

Or you waste 45 bucks on 160 bulk cards and some shit GX mons that wont help your deck at all.
>>
File: pkm_xyev_112.jpg (23KB, 326x180px) Image search: [Google]
pkm_xyev_112.jpg
23KB, 326x180px
>be 21
>visiting family friends
>kids ~9-12 start showing off their Pokemon cards to me
>SR Ultra Ball, only lightly bent up
>entire Night March set
>cards I can use for Sableye / Garbodor deck

>they want me to bring my cards over to trade
>>
>>32199467
>lol anon Flareon EX for SR Ultra Ball? And it's not even FA Flareon EX at that. We're kids, not stupid. I'm gonna tell my mom and she's gonna step on your dick, anon.
>>
>>32199556
When I was that young, I traded the starter deck Machamp for a Base Set Bulbasaur because I wanted a Bulbasaur. I didn't know shit about value..
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-29-18-39-34.png (127KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-29-18-39-34.png
127KB, 720x1280px
Why the fuck are Craig's list/ offer up sellers so fucking retarded?
>>
File: [joyous giggling].png (224KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
[joyous giggling].png
224KB, 500x378px
>>32199797
>1996 Nintendo inc pocket monster Pokemon card
>>
>>32199797
wait so he listed it at $120 and says its worth $5 in mint condition?

and no rofl that card isn't worth $5 in any condition
>>
>>32199797
>wot in tarnation shiba
The seller AND the person interested need to kill themselves tbqh
>>
Give me your most asshhole decks.
Plume or energy denial.
>>
My old cards probably aren't worth anything, are they?
>>
>>32199957
Tcgplayer dot com my nigga
>>
>>32199915
Energy denial makes me think of orgasm denial. Letting them think they're going to get off, then ruining it for them every time.
>>
File: Tauros Garb Hammers.png (1005KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tauros Garb Hammers.png
1005KB, 1366x768px
>>32199915
I've been having lots of fun with this deck
>>
File: funbreon 2.0.png (710KB, 937x598px) Image search: [Google]
funbreon 2.0.png
710KB, 937x598px
>>32199915
lmao 8 hammers
>>
>>32196999

Newfag to TCG

What makes Skymeme good?

You always have 6 cards? A good engine would do that anyway.
>>
>>32200395

Why only 2 Devo spray?
>>
>>32200443
The lack of a FOGP for normal types reduces the number of uses you can practically make of it in a game, other cards are just more important for consistency than (maybe) getting 2 extra coinflips.

If there was a grass type with an itemfinder ability though, we'd be in business. Right now it's either Milotic or Herdier and which one you run depends on whether you want to search it with dive balls or level balls.
>>
>>32200395
Why use Herdier and not Milotic if you aren't running Winona?
>>
File: ancient shaymeme.jpg (43KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
ancient shaymeme.jpg
43KB, 300x415px
>>32200414
It's draw to 6 on top of all of the other draw power you get through supporters. If you can draw 4-5 with Shaymin on turn 1, play those cards before you Sycamore, then sycamore you can be over 30 cards into your deck on the first turn. It outclasses all other draw support pokemon atm because unlike Octillery it doesn't need to evolve and the threshold for Oranguru is too low for it to be useful for actually drawing for the most part, Oranguru is usually just protection against lategame hand disruption and allows for minor card count manipulations for decks that depend on them like Maxies/Archies.

Used to be even worse. Still don't know why TPCI never printed a $30-40 Shaymin-EX box to deflate the price and cash in before rotation. People claim that Shaymin drives pack sales but that's actually bullshit, all it does is drives pack sales away from other sets and towards ROS which is why they have to reprint that set and they have to get rid of extra FAC/EVO packs by selling them in box sets since most LGS have little interest in buying more boxes of those garbage sets at full price.
>>
>>32200635
Level balls mostly. It's not like I'm going to use the ability to get anything other than an item back when I have vs seekers and a brock anyways.
>>
>>32200589
>>32200635
You can use Level Ball to fetch Eevee, Lillipup, Herdier, etc., while Diva Ball would only be able to get you Feebas and Milotic. Another minor difference is that you'd need three Feather Arrow to take out Lillipup, while Feebas falls after two.
>>
File: 1479457372954.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1479457372954.png
13KB, 657x527px
>>32199873
How does it feel to be retarded?
>>
>>32200414
>why is drawing cards good?
Are you actually that fucking stupid?
>>
File: 50a.jpg (55KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
50a.jpg
55KB, 600x760px
>Buy blastoise ex for 1 pack
>Sell blastoise ex for 2 packs
>>
When I say "I am giving" in create trade, it tells me I have none, but I know I have a few tradable packs. What do.
>>
go to collection, and make them tradeable is all I can think of.
>>
>>32201449
Uncheck the automatic filter they start you with.
>>
>>32201470
I'm in the create trade screen and I have already selected >60 cards that I am getting. There's no option to save this trade so I can go to my collection is there?

>>32201477
There isn't a checkmark for filters in the Packs section of I Am Giving...
>>
I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions:

1. Is Quad Lapras a competitive deck?
2. Is Aquabox a competitive deck?
3. Is there any deck that will use Dewgong, Ursaring, Bewear, Chansey, or Wailord that is competitive?
4. Are there any decks that share similar staples with Quad Lapras or Aquabox?
5. Can I get 2 Shaymin EX for 50 SUMO packs?
>>
File: oddending.jpg (292KB, 1273x669px) Image search: [Google]
oddending.jpg
292KB, 1273x669px
Just had something odd happen, testing out a solgaleo deck. Not sure what happened but the opponent wins and I got this message. Never had anything like this happen before.

Is there a win condition the opponent pulled off, theres still enough prizes and cards left. Bit confused, new to ptcgo.
>>
>>32201558
It's a bug, it's giving you the message from a presumably in development spectator mode
>>
t-t-t-that's all folks!
>>
>>32201208
you are ma nigga
>>
>>32201558
If it was a Decidueye-Plume deck you fought with, no it's not a bug.
>>
>>32201567
Ah ok, would be interesting to see matches especially in the events even after youve lost.

>>32201688
I was using a solgaleo deck, opponent was using a primal groudon deck.
>>
Okay so my trade is ready to be posted. I have 97 cards total i want. They're 80% pokemon.

I'm offering 4 Sun and Moon packs.

Can you let me know if I will have a problem because of...
>2 burning energy
>1 rainbow energy
>3 Chandelure (both the chandelures with Sinister Selection have foil)
>3 porygon z
>2 serene grace togekiss

I'm worried about these because even though they aren't noted on ou7cast, the cards are shiny or seem like they might be worth more than I'm offering. I chose all the blandest cards possible, so no full arts or anything.

Am I offering too many packs? Too little? I also have 1 of each of the following: XYAncient Origins, XYBreakthrough, and XYPrimal Clash.
>>
Been grinding theme - got 12 SM, 2RS, 10 others now.
From the pastebin "trainer cards your deck should have" I've got four of everything except just 3 vs seekers.
So the question is: what cheap deck/pokemon can I trade into to make a deck that might get me a better winrate than 50/50 theme?
Are there also non-shaymin pokemon staples at the moment I should be working towards getting in the future?
I'm thinking tauros gx is probably worth.
>>
>>32201728
Me again.

I get the feeling that nobody will take a trade like this just because of how specific it is, people won't have all the cards in all the quantities requested.

If someone could please reply even just to say "you need to offer x packs for that many cards even if they're shitmons" that would be appreciated.
>>
>>32201531
what the fuck is quad lapras and aquabox

lapras water box is a decent deck, t3 or so. idk why people are bothering to distinguish between water box which runs 3 lapras and a deck that runs 4.

there is no serious deck that uses any of those other shit cards, dewgong is a meme you sometimes see on ladder but it's just a bullshit coinflip card

nigga basically all standard decks share similar staples.

Shaymin is worth about 30-35 SM packs.

>>32201728
giant trade lots like this take fucking forever to fill, split them into smaller lots of key cards you need for one pack or you're going to be sitting on that one for weeks.
>>
>>32201773
>split them into smaller lots
Do you think 30 per lot for one SM going to get accepted?

If not, what ratio do you recommend? Thanks for helping btw.
>>
>>32201754
Everyone should have at least 2 Tauros, that card is really good in almost any deck

Octillery's the budget shaymeme and since it's from a newer set might be the best ability draw support we have on rotation which will cause its price to probably double. I could see it being a 4 pack card easily. So get a couple of them now while they're 1-2 packs.

as for cheap decks, I usually recommend lapras or rainbow road for new players. Standard rainbow road is pretty cheap to build, 8 packs for your herd of deers then you can use a lot of cheap cards like bisharp/galvantula on the bench for damage. It's slower than a normal rainbow road deck but will play much faster and more consistently than theme. Just be sure to include a Genesect-EX as a float stone storage device so you don't get lysandre stalled, I hate that shit.

Another cheap option is talonflame/typhlosion, it's what I started out with, not very consistent but it plays fast, just concede if it's obvious you're not gonna win. I've only been playing since January and I already have like 20 different decks and tons of cards. I've spent maybe $50 on the game in total and most of that came with paper products.
>>
anon is right, split it up for easier trades. Some people may not have some of those other cards but not the others, so consider for that
>>
>>32201800
It's not so much the number when you're dealing with random commons and shit but the makeup. Are you asking for a lot of 1 of cards, shit from old sets, rares, ect?

Rares, even those not listed on trading sites still have value just because they aren't yard trash that you get 500 of cracking packs looking for FAs. 'standard' value for a rare is about 1/4th to 1/2 pack, some are cheaper but you have to realize that when you make a big lot (97 is a fucking massive lot and those trades never get accepted unless you're offering extremely disproportionate value, 30 is still a big lot), what people are going to do is trade to get the cards for it. They're doing work for you to compile that set of cards and trade it to you for a premium. If they're not earning a premium, they won't do it.
>>
>>32201840
They're all current standard legal and the only ones that might have caused issues are the ones I listed in green in >>32201728

I trimmed it down and got a pic for you. Then I removed the bugs and Mr mime. Is this a 1 pack trade?
>>
File: received_10213018501917438.png (347KB, 470x816px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213018501917438.png
347KB, 470x816px
>>32201889
Fuck, pic related.
>>
>>32201889
even with a pic, I'm not big into the big lot market. Chances are it's a fair trade by value, the question is whether someone either has the cards laying around or wants the pack you're offering bad enough to go scrounging for them.
>>
>>32201895
oh lol okay, no you're not going to get that trade because that Gallade is a 1 pack card itself.
>>
>>32201908
also cosmoem is a one pack card. Burning energy, rainbow energy and balloon are at least 0.25 packs.
>>
Is that donphan bundle worth getting?
>>
>>32201908
>>32201916
Oh fuck, I didn't realise that. I'm fairly new to this game and completely new to the trading market so I appreciate your guidance a lot. It seems I'll need to build some more trade value before diving into this to fill in the pieces on the decks I want.

Maybe I should go ahead and get a second Lapras GX for my waterbox so I can alternate Blizzard beams (with manaphy ex) for easier wins.
>>
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/first-the-best-of-xy-news-reprinted-cards
With M-Rayquaza at 105/171 and sky field at 158/171, that's a lot of reprinted trainers.
>>
File: donphan memes.png (672KB, 929x593px) Image search: [Google]
donphan memes.png
672KB, 929x593px
>>32201937
legendary treasures is kind of a meh set but that Donphan is a really good card, makes for a very fun expanded fighting deck if you're in the market for one.
>>
>>32201969
oh for the love of christ please, please please do not reprint fucking Shaymin, and if you do don't bring that set to the US.

The entire point of having standard and expanded as separate formats is keeping a fresh new meta and an old one full of the same cards we've been using for years.
>>
>>32201969

This just confirms that PCL don't actually understand anything about their game, or how a rotating format is meant to work, or anything really.

Or, it's that the Japanese are actually terrible players and cannot stomach the idea of not being carried by M-Fug and Yveltal-EX every game.
>>
>>32201969
Hey remember when Ancient Traits and dual types were cool new gimmicks?
>>
>>32201986
remember how they were abandoned one set later in both cases?

oh wait lol sorry, it was like 2 or 3 sets for ancient traits ;^)
>>
>>32201977

Considering that we never got the previous XY reprint set, I highly doubt we will get it in English
>>
>>32201972
Its a pretty deck, ive seen it a few times. 800 for each is a bit much, would 3 do or is getting 4 better? Other anons are saying to save coins for the next set release but its so hard to not buy packs and tear em open, just that im not paying real money for it now so theres an even bigger desire to do so.

Also is it usable in legacy tournaments or is that the prime card?
>>
>>32201969

The Best of XY, AKA "How to destroy the secondary market, completely stagnate your game and lose a ton of players in a one cheap, desperate cash grab"

Clearly they didn't learn from Wizards of the Coast back when they made the boneheaded decision to print Chronicles.
>>
>>32201969
Wow can't wait to see Forest of Giant Plants get reprinted
>>
>>32201813
Traded into stuff for rainbow road, appreciate the advice. I'll probably be asking for deck tuning advice at some point in another thread, haha.
>>
Regarding PTCGO theme battle, isn't it a little unfair that there are people running around with Keldy or Rayquaza decks having the staples intact?
>>
File: SMP_EN_SM06.png (163KB, 246x342px) Image search: [Google]
SMP_EN_SM06.png
163KB, 246x342px
>>32196294
This guy right here. Only available with the single pack blisters, afaik.
>>
>>32201773
>there is no serious deck that uses any of those other shit cards,
Is expanded Wailord stall dead?
>>
>>32202443

None of the Battle Arena decks are legal in Theme format.
>>
File: rockruff-sun-moon-sm06.jpg (838KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff-sun-moon-sm06.jpg
838KB, 700x990px
>>32202586
https://pkmncards.com/card/rockruff-sun-moon-promos-sm06/
>>
Just bought Incineroar themedeck. Should I buy another one? And do I need complete these quests (now I must deal 500 damage by grass Pokemon?
>>
>>32202658
Oh thank fucking goodness.
>>
>>32201983
Japan plays XY-on and will do so until they switch to SM-on. This set exists to let new players to get the good cards from out of print sets.
>>
>>32202670
read the op
>>
>>32202638
absolutely dead, plumelock is too devastating.
>>
>>32192764
Seller on amazon selling GR booster box and the ETB for $146. That a good deal senpai?
>>
>>32203880
People always talking about "booster boxes" in these threads. What is booster box? Also what is a "blister pack"?
>>
>>32203943
Booster boxes are a box of 36 booster packs.
Blister packs have 1 to 3 booster packs in them and usually contains a promo card and coin/pin of a pokemon.
>>
>>32203950
How much do booster boxes cost? Are they generally the best to buy if you like cracking packs?
>>
>>32203976
Depends on which box you get.
SM, EVO boxes are around $95. Lowest I've seen is $90+shipping. Around $105 with free shipping.

Makes sense to buy a box when a new expansion comes out if you like collecting. Fill up most of the cards then just buy the singles to fill out the rest. Only opened one box before and pulled 4 GX and 3 FA. Hoping the same pull ratio for GR.
>>
>>32203976
Much better than individual packs, especially since the first run of SM boxes were ampped and people could just take the packs with the best cards and sell off shit packs.

I bought my SM box for $88.99 with free shipping but I'm starting to worry the guy isn't actually going to deliver. Ebay has better prices than most webstores for booster boxes but you deal with individuals so shit may be fucked.
>>
>>32204028
mapped* not ammped. No idea how I fucked that one up.
>>
>>32204028
>>32204040
What does "mapped" mean.

I've inferred that it means people could somehow tell which packs contained good cards, but I don't understand how.
>>
>>32204053
Yup. "first edition" SM boxes followed a pattern and people can easily take the HR and UR cards from the whole box, leaving the duds for everyone else. They fixed this though with new SM boxes in the beginning of March.
>>
>>32204053
Its just that after so many boxes from the same print run have been opened, people noticed a pattern to where the good packs were in the box.

Here's a more indepth explanation of the concept but in Magic The Gathering: http://www.mythicmtg.com/blog/2013/04/going-mad-box-mapping-what-you-need-to-know/
>>
>>32202670
I bought the decidueye deck in addition to the incineroar one, just to be able to do the grass challenges. It's like up to level 5 that you get either grass, water, electric, fire, or psychic. And of those, grass is the only one they don't give you for free.
>>
>>32192764

actually how rare is shaymin ex? I have got 2 easily, not full art
>>
>>32204931

when nobody is responding to you on 4chan then it means you said something that shut their mouths [because they are autists] shaymin ex is fucking rare
>>
>>32204931
>something happened for me therefore it is not hard to find

okay lets do the math

there are 20 cards of Shaymin's lowest print rarity or higher in roaring skies. There are 11 normal art EX, of which Shaymin is 1, and 9 full art ultra rare EX, of which Shaymin is 1.

There are a total of 51 cards of rare or higher rarity in the set. Even if all rares were equally likely to appear in that slot you'd have a 4% chance of getting a single Shaymin from a given pack. The approximate probability of getting an EX over a normal rare in your rare slot in any particular pack is about 1/12 last i heard, so your chance of getting a Shaymin from any particular pack drops to about 0.08%. That's generous though because the UR print is even rarer and competes with 8 other UR prints for that spot.
>>
>>32205921

so everyone's just being salty...ka...?

>Y-YAPPARI...
*drop*
>>
>>32206216
Kill yourself, weeaboo.
>>
>>32206231

I-iya da!
>>
>>32206231
>weeaboo

>uses japanese in right way...

maybe you should kill yourself you retard
>>
How many Shamin-EX should I get? Is two enough for most decks? I basically want the most bang for my buck. I have 100 packs and I want to use as few as I can
>>
>>32206302

you can recover them easily to hand from discard pile you know? even 1 is good
>>
>>32206302

2 is usually sufficient unless you play decks that need 4 like Emerald Break M Rayquaza EX
>>
>>32206321
>>32206317
Thanks fellas.

How many packs should I part with for Shaymin-EX? People keep asking for like, 39 packs each
>>
Anyone here with a someones pc subscription that could post the new lycanroc deck list?? I'm curious it but don't want to pay 11 bucks to find out its basically the same as my deck with 1-2 different cards
>>
tfw no one will trade shaymin-ex for 39 packs
>>
>>32206618

just buy 50 codes on roars and open them, screw these idiots
>>
>>32206658

of* it's waste of time to bother
>>
>>32206658
>>32206681
what if you dont get the shaymin tho, thats a lot of wasted cash
>>
>>32206695

a lot? it's 20-30$ for codes...
>>
>>32206707
what are the chances of getting shaymeme out of 30 packs?
>>
>>32206735

RNG = luck based, I've got shaymin in 3 packs only

one pack= 0,47$
>>
>>32206761

eeer... shit... I'm so stupid, forogot that roars are for 1$ fucking bullshit...

https://ptcgo.com/game/pokemon_tcgo

so, just grind coins, and buy yourself 20 codes and count on luck, I'm playing this game like one year for now and I've got everything from codes and packs/trades
>>
>>32206853

imo 30 packs per month isn't that much, it's one day of work more
>>
>>32206295
>using Japanese at all
No, you first, bitchboy.
>>
>>32201969

Ayyy how about dat VS Seeker and Lysandre reprint tho
>>
>>32206949

nandatte?! Zu ni norunjanai zo...
>>
>>32207189
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>
>>32207197
on /jp/ we actually use hiragana. and sometimes kanji.

keep your romaji shit to yourselves. or better yet, go back to le epic leddit.
>>
>>32207197
>>32207219

HAKAI
>>
>>32207219

You fuckers took over /qa/, so no remorse for you.
>>
>>32206995
that set will not come to the west, Japan has a different meta than us. They play XY-on and will until they go SM-on in the next year or two.
>>
>>32208219
They're also in charge of printing the cards, which is why Fire is so fucked up right now thinking Blacksmith is still around and Psychic keeps getting extra colorless energy costs. Assuming the XY reprint set is actually the best XY cards this trend will not only continue for years but expand to other types like Dragon assuming DDE is still around.
>>
File: lefluffe.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
lefluffe.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>tfw cant get past mick in the trainer challenge with any of the decks you get
g-guess this isnt the card game for me....
>>
File: 1228047945817.jpg (4KB, 189x230px) Image search: [Google]
1228047945817.jpg
4KB, 189x230px
>>32208504
>Mick
>can't get past that disgusting foreigner
>>
>>32208504

you are just idiot, this game is literally designed for kids... I beat all of them
>>
>>32208740
In his defense, the water deck is pure garbage.
>>
So once Sycamore and N rotate in 2(?) years, will Lillie and Hala be our go-to for draw support?
>>
>>32208752

whaaa... all you have to do is max out gyarados and use meme frog ability + maybe articuno for attacks
>>
>>32208770
Sycamore will get another variant, or just be re-printed

it's too much useful for ay deck, so they'll keep popping it up. Altho, I've seen more use of Lillie recently, due to that first turn advantage, so, maybe I could be wrong.
>>
>Daily Challenge: DRAGON BLAST
>Knock Out 12 opposing Pokémon with your dragon Pokémon.
>Reward: Booster pack

>TFW no dragon theme deck
>TFW no dragon standard deck

I tried building a dragon deck but it's SHIT. I'm not used to dragons. So I put Kingdra Ex in my water box and I'm getting some knockouts but not very quickly. What do? Can I do this in a match with a friend?
>>
File: ailevel.png (1MB, 1137x720px) Image search: [Google]
ailevel.png
1MB, 1137x720px
>>32208752

anon...that was on "hard mode"

this ai is shit
>>
>>32208939

tfw ai stuck on jirachi trying to draw and doom desire you

KEK
>>
File: laughingpokegirls.jpg (180KB, 1388x1264px) Image search: [Google]
laughingpokegirls.jpg
180KB, 1388x1264px
>>32208868
>yfw DDE goes expanded in 5 months
>>
>>32208998
Help me I want that fucking pack.

Also, I didn't mean that I sought out new cards from trading and whatever in order to build the deck, I just built it with what I already have.
>>
>>32208752
the water deck is literally the best one of the 3 starter decks.
>>
>>32208868
Haxorus meme is the solution to all dragon challenges.
>>
Which type has the most aesthetic energy?
>Grass: CoL
>Fire: Generations
>Water: SM
>Lightning: Guardians SR
>Psychic: SM SR
>Fighting: Evolutions
>Dark: Generations
>Metal: CoL
>Fairy: Generations
>DCE: HGSS/Evolutions/Guardians SR

Is this correct?
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg (11KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg
11KB, 800x800px
>>32209387

Whatever one is holographic
>>
Why do some people tap the top of the deck instead of cutting it? Are they just too lazy to do a real cut?
>>
>>32209538
Yes. Always cut.
>>
File: received_10213027737708327.jpg (111KB, 1197x673px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213027737708327.jpg
111KB, 1197x673px
>Get to the 3 booster pack vs ladder reward
>my st. deck is missing some key consistency items so it took a while since the match maker is pitting me against meme decks now
>maybe I'll get a nice card to cheer me up
>I get fucking nothing
>>
>made it to level 16
So now I can trade packs from daily challenge, right? Anything else?
>>
File: received_271252156641475.jpg (63KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
received_271252156641475.jpg
63KB, 640x1136px
>>32209697
How long did it take?

t. Level 7 with like no tradable value
>>
>>32209742
I think I started playing in mid December? I bought the Keldeo v Rayquaza Battle Arena decks and played a modified version of the Keldeo deck for a while. Eventually I assembled the pieces for Vespiquen Night March, and used that on the Expanded ladder and events to eventually put together Volcanion, and I have a gimped Darkrai deck from ladder rewards they did a while ago
>>
Plz rate my deck ptcgo general. I've been having some fun playing this

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Tauros-GX SUM 100
* 4 Umbreon-GX SUM 80

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 2 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 1 Team Skull Grunt SUM 133
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 3 N DEX 96
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 6 Darkness Energy XY 138

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
>>32210003
1. slightly too many pokes, go down to 3 umbeon/2 tauros, you should never need more than that. Keep 4 Eevee to maximize the chance of an eevee start

2. You shouldn't ever run more than 2 enhanced hammer, drop one of those and go up to 2 Lysandre. Drop Skyla (it's too slow for a deck like this) and get a Hex Maniac

other than that pgood list.
>>
>>32210003
why not add the ability eeveelutions to allow you hit for double damage with Umbreon a lot?

-1 Umbreon
-2 Tauros
+1/1/1 Vaporeon/Flareon/Jolteon
>>
>>32210168
Thanks mate will give that a go
>>
>>32209387
Wrong answer.

>Fairy: Generations
>DCE: HGSS/secret rare
>everything else: CoL
>>
>>32208793
>Sycamore will get another variant, or just be re-printed
Probably not, with Kukui already doing something else. Hard to believe, but for the majority of this card game's history Juniper/Sycamore/Oak didn't exist.
>>
What are some good decks for the current standard format?
>>
File: reprints.png (567KB, 623x423px) Image search: [Google]
reprints.png
567KB, 623x423px
A couple more best of XY reprints.
>>
File: lele.png (515KB, 623x452px) Image search: [Google]
lele.png
515KB, 623x452px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EufL-zqx7fg
No idea what lele does. Going from the video, I think the first attack does x20 for each energy on the opponent and the second moves opponent's damage counters.
>>
>>32211346
>another psychic/x ball style move

yes, that is exactly what we need. More encouragement for running low energy requirement basic attackers.
>>
File: hedgehog.jpg-large.jpg (98KB, 496x693px) Image search: [Google]
hedgehog.jpg-large.jpg
98KB, 496x693px
Surprised this wan't posted yet. It probably already had a cp4 reprint though.
>>
>>32210284
those eeveelutions are a scrub trap.
>>
>>32211410
>>32211335
The question is: Will those make them PTCGO standard legal like Generations or they will help only the pauper game?
Reprinting all the staples of the previous years kind of defeat the point of having a rotating format.
>>
>>32211519
The actual new cards like M-Camerupt are just XY promos in the international version that get released in stuff like EX boxes. These new cards will be standard legal until all XY promos rotate.
>>
>>32211532
I understand about promos, but my question was if Shaymins and vs seekers will be still legal after september thanks to this reprint?
>>
>>32211543
Japan separates their formats into BW-on, XY-on, and SM-on, so their meta is unaffected. The best of XY set has no effect on the international version of the game unless an international equivalent is released.
>>
>>32211414
don't play like a scrub then you'll be fine.
>>
>>32211552
Thanks, that was what I was trying to ask.
>>
>want Lysandre and VS Seeker to stay in standard
>don't want Shaymeme to stay in format

It's a tough call with Best of XY.
I hope they cherry pick what I want :^)
>>
>>32211665
Lysandre is a shit effect, it's not as bad as pre-errata catcher but it's still a rich get richer style of card for the most part. Lysandre makes it impossible to catch back up through rebuilding on the bench which punishes slow decks. In fact I'd say Lysandre is probably the single biggest reason that slow decks (evolution decks and cards that need 3 or more energy attachments without good accelerators) don't work very well. In fact the only major viable slow card is Primal Groudon which is immune to Lysandre.

VS seeker is an even more shit effect because it's one of the main reasons that the discard effect of sycamore/ultra balls is so easily tolerable that the cards become a staple 4/4 in every deck, and it also contributes to the standardization of tech supporters. VS seeker is easily a more meta-deforming card than Shaymin-EX.
>>
Going to screech like an autistic child if we get anymore X&Y reprints in the states.
>>
>>32211715
Sycamore/VS Seeker really are more metadefining. I run a nightmarch deck in expanded without any Shaymins and I still do fine. But god forbid some of my Sycamores or VS seekers end up in my prize cards, I may as well concede as soon as I find out they're there.
>>
>>32211904
They're doing it as a cashgrab in nippon land. Best of XY will be considered part of the XY block when it's rotated probably next year.
>>
>>32211665
btw if I didn't make it clear, VS seeker (also escape rope and DDE) is being reprinted and it will 99% chance come to the USA in our version of SM3. The reprint is not in best of XY, it's in SM2+.

The non-GX lele looks like a cool card for expanded Megagarde. For P/C (P in dimension valley) it can rearrange the damage counters on your opponent's pokemon in any way. Combined with cards like Absol ROS you can easily set up a double KO on 2 benched Shaymemes.
>>
File: shaymin trade.png (186KB, 841x519px) Image search: [Google]
shaymin trade.png
186KB, 841x519px
Finally got my last Shaymin-Ex, now I'm ready to get top-lel.
>>
File: 1419760819529.jpg (33KB, 460x480px) Image search: [Google]
1419760819529.jpg
33KB, 460x480px
I bought four UR cards from someone on ebay. When I got the package, only one of them was in a top loader, the other three were stuffed into a penny sleeve. The package was crumpled and opened when I got it and all of the cards have big creases in the foil on one side. I'm sure it's the post office's fault for handling it like a bunch of fucking animals, but the seller also did a shit job of packing the cards.
>>
File: 20170331_121033.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_121033.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
Just started the online game, got this in my tutorial pack, am I lucky? Or does everyone get it
>>
>>32212441
It's random for everyone, so what you got is lucky. Sucks it was evolutions since that's one of the shittiest sets ever, but mega pidgeot ex does see some play
>>
>>32212441
>taking a pic of your monitor
>>
>>32212581
Shh, it's 2004, he might not know how yet.
>>
>>32212441
you get 45 packs during trainer challenges in total so chances are you get like 3-5 EX cards and one or two FAs.

Pidgeot's not the worst, probably one of the best cards in that set, but evolutions is a terrible set, the worst since base 2 probably.
>>
>>32212234
>VS seeker (also escape rope and DDE) is being reprinted
Source on vs seeker and dde being in sm2+? The video today showed them with the "XY" set symbol
>>
>>32212234
Only Escape Rope is in SM3. DDE, VS, and Shaymeme are all XY 2.0.
>>
>>32212637
Pokebeach cropped out the set number and symbols and reported them in sm2+ on their news story so a lot of people got false information.
>>
>>32212618
What was so bad about Base Set 2?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbEztVHd8H4

Will you play Pokemon: The Trading Card Game: The Real Time Strategy Game?
>>
>>32212705
There's a few rule changes http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170401_000682.html

>1. Pokemon who just came to the battle · Evolutionary Pokemon can evolve even at his or her first number.
>2. You can turn on energy to Pokemon many times to your turn.
>3. You can use "burning" any number of times at your turn.
>4. You can use "support" "stadium" any number of times at your turn.
>5. You can use Waza many times to your turn.
> ※ However, after using Waza, you can not use Waza for 10 seconds.
>6. "How to move Pokemon" can be attached to any number of pieces.

I think this finally gives luxray break a chance to shine.
>>
>>32212698
Nothing but reprints, revived a stagnated meta
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-14-06-20.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-14-06-20.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Espeon's Miraculous Shine

What's the point? He'll just Evolve all his pokemon immediately after you devolve them.
>>
I am going to make one of the following decks:

Solgaleo/Lurantis
M.Gardevoir
Mega Mewtwo
Volcanion

Which would you guys recommend? I have 2 shaymin-ex.
>>
>>32213201
Change it so it costs 2 Psychic, but discards one evolution of choice or something.
>>
>>32213201
A de-evolved Pokémon almost always have less HP than evolved ones, so it's one way to get sneaky KOs.
>>
>>32213201

What the above poster said but it can also fuck over anything rare candied.
>>
File: ANinetales.jpg (265KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ANinetales.jpg
265KB, 1600x900px
Just saw this on the client, looks pretty nice
>>
>>32213216
Volcanion, Item Lock Vileplume is everywhere
>>
>>32213284
>may 5th
I thought it was september. Is may 5th jap release?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-14-20-42.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-14-20-42.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>32213252
Ohhh, I see. If there are 9 damage counters on a 200HP Evo pokemon, then you can kill it.

>>32213276
Good point.
>>
>>32213348
Nope, it's on their US site too, with mock-up proxies for a few cards
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/sun-moon-guardians-rising/explore-and-watch/
>>
So I'm working on the trainer challenges (new online player); should I bother unlocking all 3 of the starter decks?
I finished the electric one, but playing the other ones is kinda shitty with all the shit first forms. Should I bother?
>>
>>32213469
well fug :DDD
guess I need to grind out those roaring skies pack quickly now
>>
>>32213587
You will want to beat every trainer with four different decks. The starter decks are decent compared to the theme decks you buy with tokens... so tldr yes you should if you actually want to get your 45 packs.
>>
>>32213689
Okay, thanks m8
>>
>>32193530
What about Fossil Muk?
>>
>>32211406
Lele was shown one month ago dude
>>
>>32213725

I think you're getting confused with the GX m8. Pokebeach only just did an article about it:

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/03/tapu-lele-from-sm2
>>
>>32213201
I lost a decidueye mirror once because my opponent used espeon.
>>
>>32213899
Oh. But dedenne is a slightly better version and wasnt played.
>>
>enter 24-ticket tournament
>Win against pleb
>Win against Dark Rai eme deck
>Win against Dark Rai meme deck 2: Eeveelectric Boogaloo

>Win 20 packs (12SM, 3Fates, 1Roars, the rest others)

What should I do next?

Also I have one of these gold metal energies, how much is it worth?
>>
>>32214183
like 6 SM
>>
>>32193530
There is no official modified unlimited, right?

I really wish I could play in a format like this. I got really sick of standard, every deck runs the same draw engine and tech supporters. Expanded is somewhat better, but some cards should be at least limited, if not banned.

Which older cards do you use in this format? (I'd love to see a decklist, actually)
>>
>>32214239
Will it retain or grow value? Should I try selling it for 6 GUARDIANS when that comes out?
>>
>>32214327
depends on the meta decks. If there is a deck that uses steel thats good, it'll grow.
>>
I think Lurantis/Plume is making me worse at the game.
>>
>>32214183
Me again. I used a water box by the way that contained a second Lapras which I traded 4 packs for a few days ago. The investment paid off, feels good man.

Playing two Lapras GXs with a Manaphy EX feels so good.
>>
>>32214535
Probably, it's a pretty unique playstyle compared to every other deck that means you are more liable to misplay when not playing it.

>>32214982
Waterbox is only liable to get better in the current meta to be honest.

No one believed me when I said Primarina would end up being good. But it's slowly slowly becoming better. I swear it'd be so much better though if it's base attack on it's first move wasn't fucking base 10 on a stage 2 mon.

PS: Nightmarch will never die it seems. Just sleeps and then comes out for sneak wins.
>>
>>32215029
Night March forever be in an infinite loop of being played -> people tech against it -> it stops being played -> people stop teching against it -> people start playing it again since nobody techs against it -> etc.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>win a 24 ticket standard tournament
>feeling good, open a celebratory pack
>mfw

Maybe there is justice in this world
>>
>>32215164
God damn you, I just won 20 packs too. Don't tempt me to open them, I've opened so many (non tradable) packs lately and gotten fuck all.
>>
>>32215065
This deck is just an example of how badly the cards have been being designed since B&W.

You make something overpowered, then you make a counter and expect the players to choose which decks they don't want to lose to:

>Night March/Vespiquen -> Karen
>Greninja-> Giratina Promo
>Volcanion-> Garbodor-> Field Blower
>M-Rayquaza-> Zebstrika
>Vileplume-> Hex Maniac

Really, it pisses me off.
>>
>>32215576
Of course, don't open them. I was just one-and-done.
>>
What are some of the best low energy attackers in standard?

I can think of Golduck right now but nothing else comes to mind.
>>
File: IMG_3007.png (19KB, 136x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3007.png
19KB, 136x342px
I know they look like something out of a canadian kiddie cartoon , but when I saw her face .... those sexy bedroom eyes. It's like she's saying : "if you beat me, I'll let you taste these thighs"
>>
>>32215587

Volcanion also has to deal with Alolan Muk, which might rise due to tool removal and the eventual loss of Garbodor.
>>
>>32215636

Still needs porn.
>>
>>32212705

How many extra formats does the pokemon tcg have anyway?
>>
>>32213201
Add it as a one-off in a Banette deck to screw mega evo decks twice as hard.
>>
I made a shitty Dugtrio deck and to my surprise its doing quite well considering all the fighting weak cards around. Darkrai/Tauros/Umbreon all quake in fear at my shitty one-energy one-prize attacker.

I Wally into earthquake on T1 - preferably with a fighting energy attached Regirock on bench to boost damage too. Machamp & Tauros to use the self-placed damage counters to good effect.
Any thoughts for a better fight DugT meme?
>>
>>32215662
There's Theme, Expanded and Legacy besides Standard. Unlimited has been gimped to only friend battles.
>>
>11 sm tradable packs
>1 sm trade-locked pack

"Oh, i better open that trade locked pack!"
>It opens the tradable one

I got a Crobat so it was a worthwhile open (right?) But how do I open the trade-locked pack?
>>
>>32215587
I feel like they kind of just fucked themselves in a lot of ways with a few cards like battle compressor that made certain decks just too good.

I think we'll eventually reach a more slow balanced format but it will require a lot of card rotations.

I say that but then we have
>aqua patch
I don't know.
>>
>>32215734
If you're looking for a one prize fighting deck meme then run passimian.

It's a relatively cheap deck and it's still fighting.
>>
>>32216052
It always opens the trade locked pack first.

The only time it doesn't is if the item/pack that's locked is being used for trading purposes so it has to open a tradeable pack.
>>
>>32216102
Oh, I see. I had a pack up for trade. Thanks.

I just traded 5 SM for 3PorygonZ and 4Porygon2. Was it a good deal?
>>
>>32216137
Please respond.
>>
>>32215823
unlimited is pointless online anyways. I wish they'd just add in all of the old cards at least back through the e-reader era.

>>32213201
I run a Jolteon/Maxie's deck in expanded and include this as a tech card to get evolutions off the field if I got an Archeops down too late.
>>
I'm trying out an Umbreon GX/Sharpedo SM deck but what do I find on my very first Versus match ever? A fucking Water Toolbox!

I felt bad for the guy running Druddigon and no EXs tho.
>>
is Darkrai/Garbodor a thing, or is Garb just better suited for Yveltal?
>>
File: Darktinaleo.jpg (460KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Darktinaleo.jpg
460KB, 1440x900px
I want your opinion on making this deck better.
Getting the right set up is normally where I see issues. Sometimes the bench feels fat with Hoopa and Shaymin taking up spots. I might run one Sky Field for that.
Other problems I've had with it is relying on Ultra Road for retreat so Escape Rope might help that.. Sometimes I can't get the right cards to go ham on turn 2. Starting with Nebby from the start can be tough as well.

Once the deck gets going though I can one shot everything even a FFB Wailord.
What can I Include/exclude to make it run smother?
>>
>>32216137
>>32216321
Sorry, I wasn't at my PC since I was playing BOTW.

Sounds.... Decent? None of those cards are really that meta or anything so I couldn't tell you if you got a really great deal though. I only really know meta card values really.
>>
>>32216508
Unfortunately, this deck will always suffer from consistency issues.
The idea of solgaleo/Darkrai is nice but you're going to have janky hands due to running the Sol line.

You unfortunately 100% lose to item lock as well have trouble with volcanion speed.

The real input I can have right now is to cut elixer, it's pointless in a deck without at LEAST 9 basic energies or so. You're not going to get it often enough.
Special Charge is basically pointless, if you've come to the point where you need to use it with this deck then you've basically lost anyway.
Your stadium count is too low and reverse valley is pointless when you're aiming to hit for OHKOs anyway with DDEs taken into account.
Hoopa is kind of bad in this deck since you aren't only running EX and obviously not running 2 shaymins hurts consistency.

That's my basic input.
>>
>>32216577
Thanks for replying. I don't really know anything about the market. I used ou7c4st to base the trade off of. The site said a porygonz is worth two packs, but the trade went off so quickly that I feel like I was too generous.

I also put up one of my packs for 1 premonition gallade and 3 herdiers.

If not you, can someone let me know what they think of these trades?
>>
>>32216764
The card value guide itself is fairly accurate if you take away 1-2 packs away from the listed value or 1 pack'ish from the lowest amount of packs people are trying to sell it for.

The trade company is looking to make a profit and people who aren't part of it are looking to go below them because they have to as they don't have a huge webpage to advertise.

And that's probably fine, premonotion gallade is good but really basically only as a maxie's/compressor tech.
>>
>>32216508

imo mega latios is better
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbEztVHd8H4

>TCG rule change coming
>newly added Real Time Strategy

lmao this game is ruined. Glad I quit a year ago
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNd37VBBXG8
The card channel is streaming a Japanese tournament. It's toad/decidueye vs M-Gardevoir right now.
>>
>>32217538

prima shitverlis
>>
The paste bin says to finish the trainer challenges, then buy a theme deck and go to versus.
Does that include plat and upward? I finished all the gold with each of the starting decks and have 530 gold now.
Is incineroar still the best one? Or is it some kind of meme.
Ty bros
>>
>>32216508

tfw rainbow energy doesn't deal damage when attached by solgaleo
>>
>>32217538
"1. you can evlove the pokemon you played immediately
2. you can attach energies freely
3. you can retreat freely
4. you can use supports and stadiums freely
5. attack moves are subject to a 10-second cold down
6. you can attach multiple items to a pokemon"

http://www.pokemon-card.com/info/2017/20170401_000682.html
>>
>>32217538
>believing something posted on April 1st
>>
>>32217725

stop shitverlis, today is 1st april
>>
>>32217725

I'm on, only when they remove prizes and will limit deck to 1 supporter and item and tool per name
>>
>>32217742
>fun at parties
>>
>>32217769
Who the fuck goes to parties? Where do you think you are?
>>
>>32217725
>>32217538
This game is running out of ideas, I'm jumping ship to MtG.
>>
File: T`DUDFIOWB6OLTUEUBCZF%D.png (374KB, 393x693px) Image search: [Google]
T`DUDFIOWB6OLTUEUBCZF%D.png
374KB, 393x693px
>>32217775
a thread dedicated to a card game that encourage people to go outside and play? Geez idk
>>
>>32217804

>Implying MtG isn't also running out of ideas

I will be looking forward to the next ancient keyword/mechanic WotC decide to bring back

>>32217808

>Playing the physical card game

Shiggy Diggy Doo
>>
>>32217693
You need to beat every trainer challenge with 4 different decks to get your free 45 packs, so you buy a theme deck after doing it with the starting 3 decks for that.

Incineroar and Decidueye are about equally good, but Incineroar wins that matchup on typing.
>>
>>32217822
>not playing the physical version

I got to beat the world champion in a tournament before, that shit was fun
>>
>test a new Volcanion variant
>first match sycamore into 7 energy and brick
>second match prize 2 Volcanions and lose to healing
>third match don't draw any of my 12 energy until 3 turns in

What
>>
>>32217855
git gud at shuffling
>>
>>32217822
All those ancient keywords and mechanics should be evergreen.
>>
>>32217855

pls...something is wrong with this game, they are clearly testing some new RNG to prevent shuffle stall
>>
>>32217838

I do as well but the decreased amount of events and the current format demotivated me somewhat, thanks TPCi for making me not want to spend more money. Maybe it is just me but this general feels a lot more PTCGO-centric by comparison
>>
>>32217872
unlike MTG the online game is actually cheaper than the paper game, even most paper players demo and prototype decks online since it's much faster to get playsets of cards unless you have tons of cash to blow on buying singles in the first week they're legal.
>>
>>32217872
well i imagine if you do play physical cards then you prob have a circle to talke about it thus no need to frequent this general.

I only came here to shitpost the April 1st joke
>>
I just prized all 3 baby Volcs, what the FUCK
>>
Does the Hoopa deck compare? I heard it was good too.
From what I read mukahita and crabrawler are the only useless cards in incineroar deck, but I cant tell with the Hoopa deck.
Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>32217923

I've got shaymin and energies at start ;] and many many other bullcraps
>>
>>32216073
>I think we'll eventually reach a more slow balanced format but it will require a lot of card rotations.
The game has issues since base set, I'm pretty sure they aren't just "fucking themselves", there is no way things like Battle Compressor are printed without any testing first.
>>
>>32217979
FOGP
Lysandre's Trump Card.

They sometimes print cards without thinking of the big picture and all interactions, FOGP with Shiftree for example or Lysandre recycling with VS Seeker.

Sometimes they fuck up, hell Japan tried not to ban Lysandre for a while after we did.
>>
>>32217573
The next match started. Drampa-GX vs Genesect-EX
>>
>>32218019

I honestly wonder how the hell they are designing cards, because many are shit, many are OP as fuck
>>
>>32218149
These people printed Hypnotoxic Laser and Seismitoad-EX, they don't have a goddamned clue what they're doing.
>>
Can someone provide me with a Raikou/Magnezone/Pikachu-EX Deck build for the current standard?

I took a break from the game due to work.

I need guidance. Greatly appreciat it.
>>
File: 1478059527042.jpg (53KB, 854x854px) Image search: [Google]
1478059527042.jpg
53KB, 854x854px
>tfw about to do a final of a 24 ticket standard event
wish me luck guys, hopefully I can walk away with 20 packs
>>
>>32218882
What are you playing?
>>
anyone have a diancie EX from fates collide they'd like to trade?
>>
>>32218938
An all yveltal deck, the guy had a volcanion deck and got an amazing start, he beat me third turn when he had all 4 of his volcanion ex on the bench and just insta killed my only fright night yveltal out
>>
>>32218938
Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
>>
>>32219005
I find you have a higher chance of success when you don't play trash
>>
>>32219028
>I don't like what he plays
>he must be trash
>>
>>32219035
I didn't say he is trash, I said his deck is trash, big difference
>>
>>32218019
Lysandre's Trump Card was bad just for the fact that it was a hard counter to Night March. They did not consider the overall impact on top of that. This card summarizes everything that is wrong with the design of this game.

Right now, the creative process for Pokemon goes like this:
>We have rock, paper and scissors
>This is not fun, lets make Scissors EX, that beats all others
>Everybody is playing Scissors EX, lets make Rock Wall that beats it and serves no other purpose
>Why isn't the game balanced? Let's make Paper GX. It's doesn't beat anything at all and requires you to play with both hands, but just wait until rotation, it will be great
>>
>>32219140
I wasn't around for Trump Card's banning, but wasn't time issues at competitive tournaments a reason for it's banning too, like Sensei's Divining Top was for Magic?
>>
Do more people play Standard or Expanded?
>>
File: FiberJar-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png (695KB, 443x646px) Image search: [Google]
FiberJar-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png
695KB, 443x646px
>>32219167
Yugioh has one too and it's been banned for about 12 years now.
>>
File: 109.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>32219204
It's funny, this card was never banned, but it's interesting how similar effects have completely different consequences in different games.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.