[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post what you think is the worst base gen duo; pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: Post what you think is the worst base gen duo; pic related.
>>
File: Plusle_Minun_FU_Image.png (211KB, 530x319px) Image search: [Google]
Plusle_Minun_FU_Image.png
211KB, 530x319px
>>
shiro/kuro
>>
>>
>>32191123
this
>>
>>32191065
XY has had a good start, but it got worse with the missing of Z, because there are so many open ends in this game and a small story after the main game.
>>
Worst is Red/Blue, least favorite is Sun/Moon

All of them are bad by objective means in one way or another however
>>
>>32191065
BW > XY > RS > GS > SM > RB > DP

I dont mean to hate on DP because Platinum is my top 3 best Pokemon games in general but it really was pretty weak. It only shows how much third versions are needed
>>
File: ur too slow-s.jpg (70KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
ur too slow-s.jpg
70KB, 400x296px
DP, though RB is close.
>>
>>32191065
Pffft, XY at least had the vastly improved breeding/training system that made getting into competitive a breeze. Also Megas, fairies and trainer customisation.

BW was just godawful in every way
>no new fun gameplay mechanics
>shit linear region
>shit Pokemon designs
>dumb bottom screen use
>shit side features (musicals and dream world)
>exploration cut down in favour of (badly written) plot
>handholding everywhere
Granted the last two also apply to XY but as I said it had some other things going for it that made them bearable.
>>
File: 630x.jpg (156KB, 530x327px) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
156KB, 530x327px
Easily the worst pair of games.

>>32191123
>>32195516
>>32195859
These guys get it.
>>
File: 1483618.jpg (45KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1483618.jpg
45KB, 250x272px
>>32195925
>no new fun gameplay mechanics

Has anyone who says this ever heard of the phrase, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke?" Adding stuff just to add it is how you get gimmicky crap like Z-moves. And you can say the same about Fairy-type and Megas depending on your opinion.

>shit linear region

Ironic coming from someone vouching for Kalos, which also railroaded the player.

>shit Pokemon designs

Nice meme. Pic related.
>>
>>32195976
>"Don't fix it if it ain't broke?"
Except BW not only didn't fix what needed improvement over DP, it added new problems on its own
>breeding and training still take forever
>still unable to find Pokemon you didn't see in-game on the GTS
>insta-weather still overpowered as fuck
>dragons still overpowered as fuck
>removed auto-lv.100 option for online battles for no reason
>random matchup pretty much completely unplayable since it didn't penalize the players for disconnecting
>some minor stuff like the completely tedious and confusing trade interface
And that's on top of not adding anything memorable (lolTriples) except for 150 or so Kanto knock-offs half of the fanbase hates with a burning passion. Metagame-wise it was basically gen 4-bis except worse in every way.

And I already admitted Kalos also suffered from the handholding and railroading problem.
>>
>>32196034
>150 or so Kanto knock-offs

Some are, but saying all of them are Kanto knock-offs is factually wrong.

>half of the fanbase hates with a burning passion.

[citation needed]
>>
>>32196045
Unova dex tries way too hard to be the next Kanto and it fails on every front

The only good designs from that gen are pretty much exclusively Dragons. Maybe Snivy and Dewott.
>>
Playing SM makes me feel completely numb inside. It's just so hard to stay engaged with them,
>>
>>32196034
>Except BW not only didn't fix what needed improvement over DP

They run faster than the Gen. 4 games.
>>
>>32196074
Plat/HGSS already fixed that desu

And it still runs like shit in the overworld
>>
File: 28103054.jpg (45KB, 188x280px) Image search: [Google]
28103054.jpg
45KB, 188x280px
>>32196064
>The only good designs from that gen are pretty much exclusively Dragons. Maybe Snivy and Dewott.
>exclusively Dragons

Is this bait? Are you seriously calling the Gen. 5 Bug-types bad? And that's without going into the other good Pokemon introduced like Mienshao, Golurk, Chandelure, and many others.

I bet you just took one quick glance at the Pokedex and once you saw Garbodor, you automatically assumed all the other Pokemon were just as terrible.
>>
>>32196080

Read my post again. They run better than those games too.
>>
>>32195976
>gimmicky crap like Z-moves
I originally thought Z-moves would be useless gimmick shit, but it makes Competitive more of a mind game with you trying to predict which Pokemon has a Z-move.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.