[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC Doubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: VGC-16-example.jpg (32KB, 433x260px) Image search: [Google]
VGC-16-example.jpg
32KB, 433x260px
So, I've never played doubles before. I usually play Singles on my cart and some Smogon OU shit from time to time. Now, I'm trying to start now with the championship season going on and whatnot (and no P Don everywhere) and I've used rental teams, since I suck at making them myself.

Can someone tell me how to not get my dick smashed in every match?

Like, when do I know if they're going to use protect or if they even have it?

Is there, like, a play style? What am I supposed to be predicting here?

Unless they just used protect, everything seems like a 50/50 toss up.

Plz help.
>>
Youll know if they have protect if you use protect
>>
>>32190774
wut?
>>
>>32190951
Basically like you said its a 50/50
If you think they have protect try to set up.
>>
>>32190672
The best thing to do is just simplify things to keep your battles as consistent as possible so you can systematically eliminate guesswork and identify when you make misplays. For example, find a solid lead that you can safely start most matches with so you don't need to mix things up every battle and confuse yourself. Find a well rounded linear team with a strong core so you don't have to do fancy switches and predictions. Hyper offense is pretty simple, just attack shit harder and faster than they do. Just play lots of games and try not to get too salty, as long as you identify what went wrong in each game you'll learn and get better.
>>
>>32190672
>>>/vp/vgcg
>>
Just play, watch youtube commentary, watch tournaments, you'll learn how doubles works. Knowing if something is going to use Protect or not is especially something that only comes with playing a lot and knowing the meta
>>
>>32190672
Watch Cybertron's channel to get a better idea of what to do and expect. Also, I know QR teams are very convenient, but try not to just take them blindly, since you might not know what to do with the team, even if it's very strong. Try finding team reports on Trainer Tower ( http://www.trainertower.com/ ) to read how it was built and how it's meant to be played.

Also, this >>32193124
>>
>>32191079
>>32193105
>>32193124
>>32193223
>>32193246

Thanks guys!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.