[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the next game going to be? Let's analyse the situation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: floette.jpg (46KB, 729x736px) Image search: [Google]
floette.jpg
46KB, 729x736px
What is the next game going to be? Let's analyse the situation.
>a third version
We haven't seen third versions in a while, and I just don't see them not releasing a second game in a gen anymore, since it has been a thing since gen 3. Even if they did, there would still be another gen 7 game.
I consider this to be unlikely.

>a third version - on another console!
This has been rumored, but sounds even less likely than a normal third version. We have never seen a console start out with a third version, and I consider it to be a dumb idea from a marketing point of view.

>another game in Alola
This is what I think is probably going to happen. Not much else to say.

>a gen 4 remake
I think this is unlikely because we already got a remake on the 3DS, it follows the pattern and they probably don't even want to do this.
Most likely going to be the second game in gen 8.

>a gen 1 remake
Less likely than another Alola game, but even though I thought it was absurd at first, I've been starting to think this could actually happen.
I said another remake on the same console was unlikely, but gen 1 is special. You know it is.

>a gen 2/3/5 remake
Unlikely.

>Z
Would we even be able to tell the difference between remake and third versions at this point? A Pokémon Z in gen 7 would be both a mix of a remake and a normal third version. Unlikely, but I would laugh a lot if it did happen. It could also be a good game if done right, but let's not get there.

>a new game in an older region
I would like a new game set in Kalos that expands on everything XY had (which, while still unlikely, is still more likely than the Z I mentioned above). Other regions would be pretty cool too, but those seem even less likely than Kalos.

What do you hope for?
What do you think we are going to get?
>>
Pokémon Sun 2 and Pokémon Moon 2
>>
Last time we got two generations on the same platform we ended up getting a sequel instead of a third version or a set of remakes. I think something continuing the story of Sun and Moon, be it in an expanded Alola or in Kanto as all the Kanto pandering in SM itself suggests. There's a lot of little Kanto related story threads that seem to be hinting at something, Lillie going there, Hau's father being there, the presence of Samson Oak, etc. And you can't deny Gamefreak will want to realize Kanto in full 3D now that they have the engine for it. It will definitely be a new game though, not a remake of any kind.
>>
>>32190088
this, we're getting Pokemon Red 2 and Blue 2
>>
>>32190102
You mean Green 2, not Blue 2.
>>
>>32190088
I actually think that Kanto remakes won't happen, if only because the 1st gen was released on vc and you can trade to S/M from there, rendering remakes unnecessary.

I think it could be a sequel set in Alola with story and game elements from X/Y, named Pokemon Z.
>>
>>32190067
That's what I meant by "another game in Alola", I think that's the most likely thing to happen
>>
>>32190088
I'd love to see the next pokemon game feature both Alola and Kanto and round off all the loose ends from the 3DS series of games.
>>
>>32191781
That'd be perfect, but sadly, considering how slow and laggy SM were, I doubt Gen 7's system would be able to handle two regions in one game.
>>
>>32191820
That has nothing to do with it. They just need space, and they have enough.
Still not going to happen regardless.
>>
R2G2 could be good if they actually modernized and expanded the region. Imagine the cities based on Tokyo actually looking like Tokyo instead of a generic town.
>>
diamond and pearl remakes on phone
>>
>>32194051
no
>>
I don't care what they call it or where it's set (Ok maybe I'll be a little pissed if it's Kanto again) as long as they conclude whatever the hell is going on with Zygarde. I mean they've been cock teasing/ building up that S.O.B for 2 gens now.
>>
>>32194051
.....I will fly to japan, walk up in Game Freak, and smack a hoe.
>>
Alola 2? Possible but i cant really imagine what they would be going for. Alola is so small so sstting up a sequel in the same manner as Unova 2 did is almost impossible

Kanto revisit or Kanto+Alola. Nope, cant see it happening. People need to realize Alola was filled with Kanto throwbacks because of the annivesary and the VC connection. There's no point in doing Kanto so soon after the VC release and after we just celebrated the annivesary.

Sinnoh? Not on 3DS thats for sure so not yet

Kalos 2 or Kalos+Alola? This sounds so bizarre...that it actualy might happen. Not only Kalos needs fixing, Zygarde role is still teased and unfinished but also it would be a total surprise because barely anyone is expecting Kalos and GF loves surprising people recently
>>
>>32190051

A re-re-make of Gen 1 on the fucking switch with full 3D enviroments and graphical overhaul, battles happen in-place (Kind of like Chrono Trigger, no transition) Routes are longer and give you more shit to do and explore, you can also now fly above Kanto and the Sevii like with Latios, also, Megas added to the story in some way, and day and night cycle too.
>>
>>32194872
Well too bad next game isnt on Switch just yet
>>
Remakes reduce a lot of pre-planning, character design, etc. and also provide them opportunities to reuse assets ...i.e. a ton of very convenient shortcuts.

I think Kalos pt. 2 is seriously viable as the next game/set of games.
>>
>>32190051
>We haven't seen third versions in a while
Literally only one gen
>inb4 hurrdurr BW2 is not a third version
Yes it was, stop falling for gamefreaks jew tricks

>a third version - on another console!
Given how busy Nintendo is at stuffing Switch early release schedule with cheaply made ports I wouldn't put it past them

>another game in Alola
>This is what I think is probably going to happen.
So... a third version?

>Z
While I don't neccessirly believe Z game will happen, I think the next title might feature some sort of a cross-over between Alola and Kalos. There are too many Z references in SM and tons of unresolved shit from XY for that not to happen.
>>
>>32194977
Forgot to add, another reason to believe we're not done with Kalos yet is because XY characters (human and Pokemon) are still ridiculously popular.
>>
>>32194977
>80% of the post is the B2W2 is a third version meme
lol
>>
>>32194051
>Phone
Get a job and buy a 3DS
>>
what if hey introduced kalosian forms
>>
>>32194051
Pokemon Go mentality needs to be deleted from existence
>>
>>32199962
this
>>
Well Masuda was travelling through southern France in the second half of 2015 to (as he called it) "study" so who knows.

At that time SM development was most likely going full force and the director was Ohmori so maybe Masuda was getting ideas and inspirations for Kalos part 2 back then

It wouldnt be nothing new really. For example we do know that Ohmori was chosen as the director for ORAS in late 2012 so a year before even XY came out
>>
>>32202336
>Well Masuda was travelling through southern France in the second half of 2015 to (as he called it) "study" so who knows.
sauce
>>
>>32190051
>sinnoh remake on the switch
>>
>>32202511

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/639176248112058368
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638247970534649856
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638306298711314432
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638682782533840897
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638760395088375809
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/638990205781848064

And the crucial one

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/637532967410098177
>>
File: poll - next game.png (621KB, 730x1115px) Image search: [Google]
poll - next game.png
621KB, 730x1115px
Relevant
>>
File: poll - console for next game.png (63KB, 720x580px) Image search: [Google]
poll - console for next game.png
63KB, 720x580px
>>32203278
And this
>>
File: poll - next release date.png (49KB, 680x585px) Image search: [Google]
poll - next release date.png
49KB, 680x585px
>>32203282
And lastly
>>
>>32203294
This is the only one that's right.
>>
>>32204929
And when you say "right" what do you mean?
That you agree with it, or that the others weren't done properly
>>
>>32205112
That this is the only one that is objectively right.
>>
>>32190297
Except it wouldn't be a considered a Kanto remake if the game is set in Kanto with a completely different story and it continues stuff from Sun/Moon.
>>
>>32205138
Well, it's a poll, it's not supposed to be an answer to when/what/how, it's just there to see what people think
how can the others be wrong?
>>
>>32205745
If you made a poll asking what's the latest game that got released and people voted "Delta Emerald" instead of "Sun and Moon" they'd be wrong. It's what they think, but it's wrong.
>>
>>32190051
My horses are split on Alola sequels and Alola&other region mashup

Of course GF is fucking insane so who the fuck knows what they gonna do
>>
>>32205779
Well yes, but you can't claim to be 100% certain of when the next games are getting released, or what they will be
You might be right about what you're thinking, but there are others with differing opinions that are just as certain about their opinion as you

Besides, it's always nice to see what people used to believe to compare to the present situation
>>
>>32190051
It's probable that they will be Gen 4 remakes for these reasons (ignore the faggot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kNRmuW55SE
>>
>>32205853
>trying to make a prediction of unknown facts based on known facts
>calls it "an opinion"
that is not what that word means, dipshit.
>>
Honestly, GF have been breaking the norm so much the past three gens that I'm finding it more difficult to try and guess the next mainline game.

Everyone expected Gen 5 to get a third version and then we got a sequel, people thought that'd mean a remake would come next and then they jumped to Gen 6. With Gen 6 they straight up admitted that the only reason they did ORAS is because of fan demand, and skipped doing any other Kalos game. And then we have S/M which broke most of the conventions previous Pokemon games had.

I'd say any guess is fair game at this point.
>>
>>32205994
Stop acting like an asshole, you know exactly what i meant, and you didn't even respond to my point.
>>
>>32205966
can't you just sum it up
>>
>>32206046
>people thought that'd mean a remake would come next and then they jumped to Gen 6
That never made ANY sense at all. The moment B2W2 was announced I already knew a 3DS game was next and the RS remakes would have followed. The DS already ended when B2W2 was released, they wouldn't have stayed with it any longer, and they don't start games on a new console without new games in a new gen.

>And then we have S/M which broke most of the conventions previous Pokemon games had.
It changed the game's content, not the release pattern.
>>
>>32206290
Weren't SM only done because of the "20th anniversary" nonsense last year and GF decided to jump to Gen 7 and have new main series games to celebrate, instead of dragging out Gen 6 any further?
>>
>>32206484
That makes no sense. You're saying it's the 20th anniversary game because they were celebrating it and it's the game they released that year, but the game itself has nothing to do with the anniversary. It would have happened regardless.
>>
>>32206290
>That never made ANY sense at all. The moment B2W2 was announced I already knew a 3DS game was next and the RS remakes would have followed. The DS already ended when B2W2 was released, they wouldn't have stayed with it any longer, and they don't start games on a new console without new games in a new gen.
By this reason, we'll only get one more installment for Gen7.
I'm fine with that, but is it Sequel or third version
>>
>>32207086
It can't be a third version, because every gen since gen 3 has had 2 sets of games each. A third version would be part of the first set.
>>
>>32194851
You're forgetting that Alola has a ton of places that were never visited in Sun and Moon. The golf course, the pools above Blooklet Hill, the volcano's interior...
Hell, the power plant could be its own dungeon.

Also, we seemed to warp from route to route on the third island instead of progressing more naturally like on every other island. If GF wanted to, I'm sure they could fill it in.
>>
>>32207117
Maybe you're right, but isn't that a question about definition?

Anyways, i think it's impossible to say, because even today people can't find anything of BW that indicated there would be sequels instead of a third version, so it's gonna be hard for us to find any real indication of anything too
>>
>>32207574
Well, I think it would be reasonable to not expect a third version in gen 7. I think the only option not considered in the OP is a new game in a new region (but not a new generation), otherwise I don't see anything as surprising as B2W2 was.
>>
>>32207608
I mostly agree, but it could potentially be a third version, couldn't it?
There's no indication it couldn't, other than there not having been one the last two gens
>>
>>32207668
Maybe, but I doubt we're getting a gen with only 1 set of games which is an even stronger pattern.
>>
>>32206484
It was going to happen regardless.

So far Game Freak has released a new generation on the 10th and 20th anniversaries. Same thing will probably happen on the 30th.
>>
Doing Alola again right away just isnt surpring at all because everyone and their grandmother is expecting it.

Sinnoh wont happen untill new console lets face it (same aplies to eventual Kanto revisit)

It all boils down how GF wants to handle it
If they want something predictable it'll be another Alola game
If they want to keep surprising people it'll be either another year break and then gen 8 on Switch in 2018 or Kalos revisit this year
>>
When was the last time we didn't have official names for the protagonists? Gen 1? Actually, even in gen 1 I think they did have official names, they just retconned them later on.
They're going to be NPCs in the next games.
>>
File: 1490721244105.png (8KB, 160x80px) Image search: [Google]
1490721244105.png
8KB, 160x80px
Z-Diamond
Mega Pearl
>>
>>32212911
i doubt it
>>
>Floette appeared in XY and was an easter egg at the tree in ORAS
>Completely forgotten and never distributed
>Even if it was distributed it would have likely ended up like Notch Eared Pichu or Cosplay Pikachu, untradable to future games

Fuck you GF
>>
>>32215844
It's already tradable from XY to SM, so chances are there's going to be an event for it.

Like in the Alola third version, which will also be XY's third version.
>>
>>32215844
It exists in SM. If anything, it's more like MegaLatios and MegaLatias.
>>
Pokemon Red Sun and Blue Moon
>>
>>32218761
Haha
>>
>>32218761
whoa
>>
>>32218761
Green moon, you mean?
>>
>>32222663
and blue stars?
>>
>>32205138
>it's objectively right because that's what I believe to be true!

Lmao fuck off, retard.
>>
>>32222756
But it is.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.