[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix these games, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-x-y-002.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-x-y-002.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
How do we fix these games, /vp/?
>>
Start off making Mega Evolutions very scarce and hard to get, just like how happened in Pokémon SM.

They make the game way too easy. Leave them for the very end of the game or the post-game.
>>
File: IMG_4282.png (667KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.png
667KB, 1136x640px
Make a third version/sequel that addresses the following:

>rhyhorn races
>zygarde
>AZ floette
>the whole AZ foreshadowing in both xy/or as
>elevator girl
>power plant closed doors
>the horde of faceless men thing in the spooky house
>using ORAS megastones in that new version of kalos
>gym leaders/e4 improved teams/rematches
>what happened to lysandre
>some new locations
>mew characters
>shauna, serena, tierno and trevor redesigns+what are they doing now
>megas for the unova/kalos mons
>>
>>32189058

Or you could have self-control and not use if they make things too easy for you.
>>
>>32189049
I'm in the 'X and Y are the worst pokémon games but still not horrible games', boat, and I think X and Y COULD have been the shit. You open up a lot by having a european region. Kalos still has the potential to be really neat, and I feel a Pokémon Z with effort put into it could've easily been one my favorite games in the series.

I mean the legendaries are about balance, immortality, and LIFE AND DEATH ITSELF...how could you fuck that up?

Anyway, I dunno how to fix them but man, so much potential for greatness here that never manifested.

With so many mentions of Kalos having a war 3000 years ago with 'neighboring regions,' I really wanted to see the region they fought with. I was expecting to see a second region in Z based on Spain, Germany or Italy. (With Team Rocket and Team Flare banding together if it was Italy.) Even if there was no second region, Kalos could easily stand to be improved by just adding more shit in it. I wanted to see Malva lead Nu-Team Flare. I wanted Diantha to be less shitty somehow. I dunno, in the right hands X and Y could've been really cool....
>>
>>32189078
>somebody is using the pasta I made yesterday
T-thank you senpai
>>
Integrate Looker's sidequest into the main game. Still optional, of course, but let it start the first time you're in Lumiose City, with new quests popping up as you return over the course of the game.
I believe this is how it was originally intended, considering the map design, how time seems to pass between quests even though all you did was walk down the street, meeting Malva in the E4 would've had more impact... but perhaps time constraints led to it all being shoved in at the end.

>>32189099
The problem with this is, if you give the player some fancy new toys to play with, then obviously they are going to use them. Yes, you could realize this is making the game too easy for you and stop using them, but a) that isn't very fun, and b) this thread is about 'fixing' the games. "Don't use thing" is not a fix
>>
>>32189049
Fix all the things that felt like there was something missing. For example:

>The bike race in Cyllage City
There's a race track but no race. Put the fucking race there. Maybe something like Bug Catching Contest so that it's only on certain days and you can win different prizes from it.

>Rhyhorn race track on Route 22
Rhyhorn racing is mentioned many times and you can see the race track but again, no race. There could be something similar to Pokeathlon Dome where you have different minigames with Rhyhorn (racing obviously, sumo wrestling, capture the flag and so on).

>Power Plant
Make it so that you can access one or two doors during the main story while the remaining doors would contain some post-game quests, possibly relating to Volcanion.

>The rivals
Fix them so they actually have a point. Trevor for example should be able to WIN in those Pokedex-comparing competitions. How about this: Trevor would actually collect a lot of Pokedex entries. If you manage to win, he'd give you some rare items like Life Orb or Choice Scarf. If you lose, he'd give you different types of Pokeballs to help you catch more Pokemon. Tierno could focus on Pokemon Contests similarly to Lisia in ORAS and Serena/Calem should just have better teams.

>Small, pointless caves
Turn Chamber of Emptiness, Sea Spirit's Den and Unknown Dungeon into proper dungeons (see: Terminus Cave for example)

>Some other improvements
Such as giving the Elite Four better teams for rematches, maybe add an Inverse Battle format in Battle Maison, whatever you can think of.
>>
>>32189221
give tierno his ashnime team
yeah yeah i know >ashnime
But he had a preety good rain team there
>>
>>32189143
>using it isn't fun
>turning it off isn't fun
Anon, I'm starting to think you're just incapable of having fun.
>>
>>32189049
Take your time, don't rush things, turn off Exp. Share, explore a bit, catch some new pokes.
Problem solved.
>>
>>32189243
Oh, I'm not that first anon. Whose post I didn't read correctly until now.

The point I was trying to make is that rather than limiting the player's options, they should be allowed and encouraged to use the tools at their disposal. So in this case the fix is, since this trivializes much of the game, to make opposing trainers stronger with their own Megas/better teams. But now this is turning into yet another difficulty rant so I'll leave it
>>
>>32189049
Played through gen 6 for the first time last month. One thing that really disappointed me is the lack of mega evolutions on trainers you fight.

You get access to mega evolution quite early in the game, after the 3rd gym and I think I remember only 4 trainers besides the player that used mega evolution in the entire game.
-Your opponent in the mega-evolution tutorial fight
-Lysandre
-The champion
-Your rival after you become champion

Not even the fucking elite 4 have access to mega evolutions. The elite 4 and every single gym leader after the 3rd should be able to mega evolve their best pokemon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.