[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't cloyster in OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Why isn't cloyster in OU?
>>
The same reason why you're elo 1100
>>
>Pikachu used Thundershock
>>
>>32188569
It's weird how Cloyster is almost never shown firing his spikes, in fanart or official sources, even though that's its entire concept.
>>
>>32188547
Because even though it's a powerful pokemon, it like so many others was just another hero who was tragically lost to powercreep.
>>
>>32188601
>Mega Heracross
>>
___ ____
>>
incredibly predictable since it only runs like 1 sweeping set and 1 support rapid spin set. And most players already know how to stop this thing after a shell smash
>>
>>32188554
It doesn't play showdown?
>>
>>32188547
Lots of fight types in OU rn that can one shot it
>>
>>32188547
Overabundance of Steel and Water types.

You can still run it in OU with success. You stop using it as a sweeper and use it as a lure with Shell Smash Explosion to break through a wall for another more reliable sweeper.

For example,
>+2 252 Atk Normal Gem Cloyster Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 304-358 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With Toxapex out of the way, something like Pheromosa could have its way with the opponent's team.
>>
>>32188698
>OU
>>
>>32188743
I agree with this. Mainly, there's more toys to play with right now and Cloyster is old is all. It's still good- and OU applicable- it's just dusty. Thanks for the calc and idea
>>
>>32188547
One of my favorite mons and I still love it.

Cloyster with shell smash and a focus sash also rapes the battle tree.
I think it can still be used in OU, it simply got powercreeped over the years. A skill-linked icicle spear after shell smash setup is still incredibly satisfying.
>>
>>32188743
>Toxapex held on with Focus Sash!
>>
File: Yohohoho.jpg (134KB, 782x814px) Image search: [Google]
Yohohoho.jpg
134KB, 782x814px
>>32189086
>toxapex
>focus sash
>>
File: 1474908169977.png (202KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474908169977.png
202KB, 500x375px
>>32189105
>>32188743
>Not giving a pokemon an item so you can calculate your 1 hit KO
>>
>>32188547
because its a vajayjay
>>
>>32189121
Stop
>>
>>32188547
No Spdef
Bad typing
>>
>>32189142
you have to be delusional to deny it
i bet the horn on top of the head is a 4 hearts spot on pkmn refresh
>>
>>32189170
Vaginas don't look like clam shells
>>
>>32189183
clams don't have inner and outer shells, also no conveniently placed horn on such a convenient place

and most importantly clams don't lay vertically on rocks or the sea floor like cloyster, they lay horizontally like shelder
>>
>>32189105
>filename
My sides
>>
>>32188607
is stupid
who are you quoting there newfriend?
>>
File: cloyster.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cloyster.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>32189233
Its design wasnt always like that though
>>
>>32189257
but they changed it
probably someone on the dev team joked that it looked like a vagina sideways and they decided to roll with it
>>
>>32189268
Some japanese woman have sideways vaginas
>>
>>32189290
then i guess 2 bombs was too much
>>
>>32189268
red green which were the originals had it like now
>>
>>32189256
“I still laugh at how /vp/ doesn’t understand what greentext means.
If only Pokémon was allowed on /a/ or /v/ so I wouldn’t have to spend time on a board that imports foreign concepts and then DOES IT WRONG all the time.
Using greentext as a way to “quote” someone’s post or thread is just completely wrong and a retarded misuse of a good feature that is so popular in boards like /a/ and /v/. Fuck, /b/ and /sp/ do it right. It’s just /vp/ and /vp/’s lame knockoffs that fail at using greentext.
The true meaning of greentext lies in YOUR POST not in others. It’s ironic, because you think that you’re quoting others while you’re just, in fact, quoting yourself. Yes, greentext can be used when ironically posting a derogatory comment about other posts, but posting while just quoting other posts accomplishes nothing but contribute to spamming the board.
The greentext feature was never meant to serve as quote feature! Why people started using it that way is beyond me. There are plenty of reasons why one would choose to use greentext with his reply. For example, bumping threads with stupid one liner replies should be discouraged and those people should be coerced into using greentext to enlarge and enrich their stories instead.
I want to use greentext, yet I almost never do it on /vp/ because people will jump on me thinking I’m quoting their post or something."
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.