[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Gen 5 remakes even work? Would they just make BW3 instead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: Unova_HDS.png (1MB, 2012x888px) Image search: [Google]
Unova_HDS.png
1MB, 2012x888px
How would Gen 5 remakes even work? Would they just make BW3 instead?
>>
Whoa there OP, we're not that far yet. Wait for gen 4 remakes first, because a lot can change.
>>
>>32184494
They won't work. Gen 5 is already so good that any change would screw with it.
>>
File: 1483582422701.png (379KB, 433x771px) Image search: [Google]
1483582422701.png
379KB, 433x771px
>>32184494
They wouldn't. Remakes don't work at all anymore, as we learned from ORAS. Better to never make another remake again so Sinnoh and Unova don't have the same fate as Hoenn in ORAS.

I wonder if that was really GF's intent with ORAS, to make people not want remakes so they wouldn't have to deal with more memes like "HOENN CONFIRMED!"
>>
>>32184494
>Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 are now available on Virtual Console!

that's it, that's all they'd have to do
>>
>>32184582
If they do that and set up the DS servers again? it would be fine with me.
>>
>>32184494
They'll remake BW and skip BW2.

>>32184513
When are you fags going to learn that only /vp/ hates ORAS?
>>
>>32184513
>as we learned from ORAS
Learned what exactly? That a small, contrarian community disliked a well selling and well reviewed game? You sure showed Gamefreak.
>>
>>32184494
1. Don't do Black/White Remake
2. Just do a Black 2/White 2 Remak
And done.
>>
Gee I don't know, how about the crazy idea of not remaking them?

I hate how the fanbase has this retarded idea that every mainline game must eventually be remade.
>>
>>32184582

I'd prefer this but I wouldn't mind a remake if they did it like leaf green and heat gold
>>
>>32184513
>the best selling remakes taught GF that remakes were a mistake
Really makes me think
>>
BW0
>>
>>32184494
>BW3
God, I hope so. I doubt they'd want to release two subsequent remakes anyway (as cool as that would be) so I could even see this as what they'd do.

I hope we get the OG Dragon, even if only as a mythical.
>>
File: 5636.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
5636.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>32184494
>NintendoHDS

What's that?
>>
File: 1479129089448.jpg (78KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479129089448.jpg
78KB, 700x700px
>>32184636
Couldn't have said it myself
>>
>>32184621
>When are you fags going to learn that only /vp/ hates ORAS?
t faggot who only lurks /vp/
Nigga I've been in other sites too and basically most of the people I know from the fandom hates that shit.
>>
They could just remake BW, but instead of having that shitty postgame quest about hunting down the sages, they could do a Delta Episode-like story with the Original Dragon.

Would be even cooler if said postgame story "retconned" BW2's story in the new continuity, like having Hilbert/Hilda stop Team Plasma from stealing Hugh's Sister's Purrloin or make it so Colress never meets Ghetsis etc. That way remaking BW2 wouldn't be necessary.

But that'd be too much work so you'll only get a "The Pokémon World Tournament Project Has Started!"
>>
>>32184931
>retconning the better game

Just make BW0/BW3
>>
>>32184636
>well selling and well reviewed game
By your logic, COD is the best Vidya franchise ever
>>
Gen 5 onward doesn't need remakes beyond all the additions to make post game easier to get into.
>>
>>32184679
It didn't teach GF, it taught the fans.
>>
File: [JAPANESE SHOUTING].png (740KB, 970x712px) Image search: [Google]
[JAPANESE SHOUTING].png
740KB, 970x712px
>>32184931
>doing Delta Episode ANYTHING ever again
>>
>>32185354
>it taught the fans.
Who lapped up SM the game that has set us back so far in quality.

Clearly the "fans" haven't learned a thing.
>>
>>32184494
They're not gonna remake any gen after Sinnoh. Nobody feels nostalgia for Gen 5 onward which are very divisive games. At least with Sinnoh, people love goddess Cynthia.

Solution: Remake Kanto again and start all over.
>>
>>32185778
>At least with Sinnoh, people love goddess Cynthia.
Yeah and they hate the rest of it.
>>
>>32184494
>How would Gen 5 remakes even work?
>Take Gen 5 games region, characters and plot
>redesign them
>make a new game with said redesigns and current Gen mechanics

Kinda like previous remakes worked.

Granted, I'd love to have BW3 but at the very least give me true Genesect and original Dragon.
>>
>>32184513
Worst post by far.
>>32184636
Best post.
>>
>>32185778
>They're not gonna remake any gen after Sinnoh.
The point of contention was Jhoto and was already passed. Any arguments for future remakes hold no water now and most didn't even before ORAS.

>Nobody feels nostalgia
Nostalgiafags hate RSE, its the first game they hate. Nostalgia, as proven by the fact ORAS exists matters not.

> which are very divisive games
RSE were literally the games when pokemon stopped being a phenomenon, even if the reasons aren't related to the actual games.

>people love goddess Cynthia.
Yeah, N, Hilda and Rosa aren't really popular right?
>>
>>32185835
You realise that Pokemania ended before RSE right?
>>
>>32185845
Doesn't contradict what I said at all though. GSC are approved by nostalgiafags (it came during pokemania and you could argue they were the goal of it). RSE, as you said, came after it therefore being shit to people who didn't really like pokemon in the first place.
>>
>>32184931
>shitty postgame quest about hunting down the sages
Jesus Christ, that was the worst. Yeah, Delta Episode and the UB stuff are annoying backtracking fetch quest stuff too, but at least you got powerful pokemon out of them. The sages never felt relevant beyond being set pieces, and meeting them felt like a waste of time.
>>
File: neon nope.jpg (96KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
neon nope.jpg
96KB, 1024x587px
>>32185867
>Live though Pokemania
>Get Sapphire
>Oh boy, I can't wait to go back to Johto and Kanto since on my Silver Version, I got to go back to Kanto! It makes alot of sense, given that I can't send my pokes from Gen 2 to Gen 3! How else am I going to complete my pokedex!
>>
Just streamline the two games together, with some added inbetween content.
It would be pretty fucking cool to be able to fight your own champion team from the BW1 segment in the BW2 segment. Like the Red battle in GSC, but customized.
>>
>>32185932
Its always funny how the closest thing nostalgiafags have to an argument is asking Game Freak to bypass technical limits of a console they didn't make.

>>32185935
How would you work the MC change within the same game though?
>>
>>32185867
>Doesn't contradict what I said at all though.
Aside from this part
>RSE were literally the games when pokemon stopped being a phenomenon
What you should have said was GSC seeing as that was when people began falling out of pokemon either for being too old or due to the lackluster media and merchandising at the time. Although some people did find the games themselves to be mediocre. Nostalgiafags don't really remember gen 2 in all honesty they just kind of blend it all together due to the anime.

As for the "hate" that's fairly recent. As in, the year before XY recent. Prior to that it was essentially the "It's just there game" where it didn't particularly stand out. Very few people legitimately hated it.
>>
>>32185952
>How would you work the MC change within the same game though?
Change is forced half way through the game, then you could switch between them at your leisure post game. (at which point their boxes are combined)
>>
>>32185872
>>32185945
Quit while you're ahead
>>
>>32184513
You just wanted an excuse to post that thing.
>>
>>32185960
Wouldn't it be easier to put two saves in the same game, then? Like, when you complete BW's main game you unlock BW2? That way you'd be able to change between the two games whenever you want.
>>
>>32185977
Two saves sounds awesome, but this is GF we're talking about here.
>>
>>32185788
You're confusing /vp/ with the rest of the fanbase. Ton of people hated Gen 5, they still hate the starters to this day, and there's like no popular Pokemon from region like Lucario, Garchomp, etc. from Sinnoh. That's pretty much the entire experience down the toilet for the average fan.

Like when was the last time anybody even mentioned that gen or gave a nod to it. Didn't help that they pretty much wrote out the regional girl from the anime, so people just kept piling on. You really think Sun and Moon are the last time we see a callback to Sinnoh?
>>
>>32185957
>RSE were literally the games when pokemon stopped being a phenomenon
Yeah, I guess the wording is wrong

>Although some people did find the games themselves to be mediocre
Most critics to it are retarded and, at best, a justification for people growing out of pokemon rather than an actual comment on the game.

>Nostalgiafags don't really remember gen 2 in all honesty they just kind of blend it all together due to the anime.
Doesnt mean they don't approve Gen 2. Nostalgiafags don't properly remember Gen 1 either though.

>As for the "hate" that's fairly recent.
Depends. RSE came out like 12 years ago, but even if you don't count that as hate, nostalgiafags aren't a recent phenomenon, it started around 2010, 7 years ago.

>Prior to that it was essentially the "It's just there game" where it didn't particularly stand out. Very few people legitimately hated it.
You havent talked much to nostalgiafags I take it. At most you could argue its not hated more than Gen 4 to 7 as all come after Gen 2, but its hated. Mainly because its the first game of pokemon going "downhill" (AKA stop being trendy). Go could have been a good way of reversing this a bit but...well it didnt.
>>
File: tea owl.jpg (38KB, 564x797px) Image search: [Google]
tea owl.jpg
38KB, 564x797px
>>32185952
Sorry, I was reminiscing about how autistic I was back then. Finding out that Johto and Kanto were not in RSE killed RSE for me.

Honestly, ignoring that, RSE were not bad games, and I think it was good that GameFreak said no to my autistic desire's back then. They essentially had to remake pokemon from scratch and they can't do that if they're bogged down with too much pre-established shit.

That being said, I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put Fire red Leaf green in their store. It would be much easier on my eyes if they did.
>>
>>32185960
I could dig that. The issue I see on it is that you are pretty much starting a new game which isn't really a new game+, so they should work around the fact that the beggining should be hard for a person who won the league. That and the segments of B2W2 that are similar to the first part.
>>
>>32185987
>there's like no popular Pokemon from region like Lucario, Garchomp, etc. from Sinnoh.
It's funny. N is probably more popular than any Pokemon from Gen 5.
>>
>>32185997
>I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't put Fire red Leaf green in their store.
Why do that when they can milk it for megabucks later?
>>
>>32185987
>Like when was the last time anybody even mentioned that gen or gave a nod to it.
Two characters, one of which was minor make a cameo in literally the last game.
>>
>>32186022
I assume he meant the audience.
>>
>>32186026
By that logic this thread was the last reference(and that's assuming no other thread about it, not other piece of fanart, and no forum discussion happened during this thread). It's a pointless question.
>>
>>32186026
Then he'd have less of a point. Especially since he's comparing it to Sinnoh where most fans missed it's anniversary.
>>
>>32185987
>You're confusing /vp/ with the rest of the fanbase.
You realise Gen 4 is the reason why we haven't had any cross gen evos lately right? The reception to them was so poor that GF had to make an attempt at rectifying them through eviolite in the following generation.
Then there's the region design for Sinnoh which was met with complaints about how tedious it was. Solution: linear games from gen 5 onwards.

Hell they even say it in an interview about mega evolution about how the mechanic wouldn't force players to lose their favourites like regular evolution.
>>
>>32185366
The only really bad thing about Delta Episode was Zinnia and not really going to any new areas.
>>
>>32186171
True. Problem is, it's 85% visiting old areas and Zinnia bullshitting.
>>
>>32186067
So was XY a response to how poorly received Gen 5 was then?
>>
>>32186406
The thing is that XY are pretty desicive amongst the fandom for different reasons that Gen V. I'm pretty sure the changes in S/M were a response to Gen 6 like 6 was to 5. I dunno, I guess its a cycle.
>>
>>32184582
Too bad they can't until the new 3ds successor, Only gen 1-3 vc
>>
>>32187049
>new 3ds successor
>>
>>32184494
wtf is HDS
>>
>>32185952
>How would you work the MC change within the same game though?
Episodic game like the ff7 remake
>>
>>32187369
3DS scond revision
>>
>>32184513
Sinnoh is already shit anyway.
>>
>>32186406
Thing is Gen 5 was pretty well received among most fans and critics alike. In Japan its the only generation to get a 40/40 from Famitsu.
Basically XY was still a response from gen 4 given mega evolution and the simplified regions but GF decided just to go full marketing over substance.
>>
>>32185977
>Complete B/W after finding all the sages
>Unlock B/W 2
>Complete B/W 2 after beating the Tree/Tower
>Then, if B/W 2 is completed and 2 ingame years have passed since finding all the sages in B/W, you gain access to all the B/W 2 locations and you can witness some of the B/W 2 moments from a third person perspective
>>
>>32184973
His logic is right. Your opinion doesn't matter, only the majority's does.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.