[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would OU really be better off without it? What would happen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 7

Would OU really be better off without it? What would happen?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (25KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
25KB, 313x470px
>>32179267
>>
>>32179267
Zard X rapes everything
>>
>>32179267
ou would be better off if the mindset responsible for keeping him in ou didnt exist, and the people perpetuating the idea that hes perfectly fine were removed from their positions
just removing him wont fix anything at this point
>>
>>32179267
The OU meta is designed around him. Without him, OU falls apart because smogonspergs don't want to put effort into a new meta.

Aegislash is a prime example of the exact opposite happening, and why it got banned so quickly.
>>
>>32179298

they literally are banning everything that it hard to beat to them by their shit-ass strategy XD XD XD
>>
Landorus-T checks stuff like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, Mega Zard X, Excadrill, Magnezone, Heatran, Magearna, Tapu Koko, Alolan Marowak and Terrakion. The Indimidate spam is also very useful against stuff like Garchomp, Dugtrio, Zygarde, Mega Pinsir, all the Z-Fly users, basically all physical attackers.
One could say without it, physical attackers would be much more rampant.
>>
>>32179267
A meta without Lando-T sounds interesting but it would also make a lot of other shit more threatening like Zard X, Chomp, Terrak, Mence, Dnite etc etc
>>32179311
obvious baitfag off yourself
>>
>>32179335
>Mence
has he ever been relevant without his mega? looks cool, though
>Zard X
Most likely toughest one to argue against. Pretty damn strong and without Lando-T, he's unstoppable.
>Chomp
Okay, another one I will give to you, but only because since his inception, he's still fucking OU tier due to unpredictability.
>Terrakion
3 in a row, mostly because he mows shit down thanks to his Wallbreaking stats. Especially when whipped out with a Choice Band or even Life Orb.
>Dnite
Hilarious.
>etc etc
Maybe Bisharp will rise to glory again, but I really see nothing changing.
>>
>>32179346
Mence is currently B+ tier in OU right now, Z-Fly breathed new life into it
Dnite is also in a similar boat but is basically better Mence except without snowball ability
>>
>>32179267
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-ou-viability-ranking-thread.3590726/

Every physical attacker goes up at least one place in the viability rankings (barring Bisharp, Mamo and possibly Bulu but probably not).
Megagross* and Mega-Maw* get banned, Physical Pheromosa* gets more spam which gets it banned, Zygarde probably also gets banned, X-Zard gets banned and Hoopa stays S-Rank for a while but also takes the hammer.
Azu comes back in a big way before X-Zard goes, but it stays in OU even afterwards, Zydoge hits OU and Beedrill gets a boost after Lando leaves and again after Phero, leaving it about A/A-
Gliscor and Skarmory each jump 10% in usage, Thundurus and Magnezone are everywhere for Skarm, followed by a lot of Shed Shell, Followed by Knock Off spam. A "trapping ability suspect" for Arena trap and Magnet Pull might follow. After a few months people switch Gliscor for Hippo and it returns to OU.
Rockium-Z double-dance Terrakion, Fightinium-Z 19IV Timid Kartana and Waterium-Z SD Scolipede are popular as people try to find a replacement for the Flyinium/Rockium-Z set, but in the end, most end up with Flyinium-Z:
Salamence (A+), Gyarados (A), Dragonite (A-) or just SD Excadrill, which hits A+ thanks to Hippo coming back.
At least 20% of Buzzwole and Bulu run Choice Scarf, the same goes for Xurkitree but with Choice Specs.

And lastly, Magearna hits S-rank, it and Skarmory hit 25% each, and /vp/ won't quit bitching about them.

I want to see it happen.
>>
>>32179436
cont. I guess

I forgot all about Garchomp:
It's another soft-replacement for Lando, doing everything it did aside from muhmentum: rocks, EQ spam, scarf, Rocky Helmet chip, pivot (admittedly not as well) and the Rockium-Z double-dance set, often forgoing Rock Polish for Fire Blast due to the abundance of Skarm. It also benefits from Lando leaving the tier, and ends up as the third member of the S-tier, garnering more than 20% usage, and /vp/'s hatred.

also the * were for things that are going to get banned in SM whether Lando is there or not

Despite everything, the ban won't happen because banning Landorus-T doesn't make the meta healthier; it just lets the rest of the cancer that's only held in check by Lando take over.
What we need is a total revamp of the tier, like the "no stealth rocks" tier from late BW where everything can be balanced without Landorus, and then just make that the official OU.
>>
>>32179477
>and /vp/'s hatred.

I don't think Garchomp will become nearly as hated, seeing that Garchomp has a decent design. Nobody unironically likes that ugly piece of fuck that is Landorus.
>>
File: nightmare vision goggles.jpg (30KB, 652x315px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare vision goggles.jpg
30KB, 652x315px
>>32179477
You're saying Landorus-T is holding back the cancer? When the cancer is here in the form of Pheromosa, Tapus, Mega-Gross, two kinds of Greninja and the whole playstyle of stall? Is that what pokemon is then? Just layers of cancer all the way down?
>>
>>32179517
Sinnohfetus calling the Unovabortion black
>>
>>32179567
The problem is that ou is cancer with or without Landorus, as the anon you replied to showed.
>>
>>32179267
Stop being sheeps of Smogon
>>
I dislike Dugtrio, and I voted to ban it. However, not enough people agreed with me, and ultimately it stayed. And you know what? I accept the results of that. I'm okay with Dugtrio staying because at least I had a chance to say that I wanted it gone. And I would feel the same way about a Lando suspect test. If Lando gets a suspect and it gets banned, I'll be celebrating with the rest of /vp/. If it ends up sticking around, I'll be disappointed, but ultimately content because they're at least acknowledging the fact that some people think it's a problem.
But holy shit, for the love of God, give the thing a fucking suspect test already.
>>
>>32179629

Landorus-T should've been the first fucking thing suspect tested this generation. The fact that since it came into competitive battling that it's enjoyed the number 1 position in OU usage and Smogon decides to suspect test FUCKING DUGTRIO tells me their priorities aren't in the right place.
>>
>>32179517
I agree that it wouldn't be as bad as Lando, but it'll still cop hate from the people who don't like anything that centralises the meta. Example: pic related in VGC.

>>32179567
Of the things you said, Phero, M-Gross and both Narutoads are headed to Ubers regardless of Lando, and stall becomes easier to deal with when the hard hitting quickmons get banned (it leaves more room for stall-breakers/Mega Sableye counters [side-note: Mega Sableye is the true cancer of stall, it enables Duggie to keep its sash intact, which is what makes it potent]).
Of the Tapus, Lele puts the most pressure on teambuilding, but it also fucks stall very hard. Fini is only cancer in the same way as Lando, it keeps other shit in check. Koko can't get through any specially defensive wall and can be beaten by most scarfers, so most teams can deal with it without specifically trying. Bulu is super easy to check offensively, although it is hard to counter.

There are a lot of teams that just slap Landorus on the team as a check to Garchomp, Salamence, Zygarde, Koko, Kartana, Excadrill, M-Mawile, Beedrill, Dugtrio, Hoopa, Marowak, Jirachi, Nihilego, Pinsir and Tyranitar.
None of these are broken (except arguably Maw) in the current meta, provided you pack Landorus-Therian. Without Lando, all of these will have a massive boost in usage, and will put a lot more pressure on Balance and Offensive teams. Things like Zygarde and LO Garchomp are already very difficult to deal with outside of cancer lion, and banning it will just make it clearer how much cancer is just beneath the surface in OU.

>cancer all the way down?
BINGO!
>>
>>32179346
For mence and dnite both yes thanks to z-fly and moxie/multiscale
Ur an idiot
>>
>>32179850
100% this

team building is incredibly restrictive as it is, having to plan around monsters like the entire upper echelon of OU plus a ton of other powerhouses below
not being able to blanket check a ton of stuff with just one team slot with shit like fini and lando means you have to specialize which leaves you vulnerable to other stuff they countered, which you need another teamslot to prepare against, which makes you end up with a trash cteam with no synergy

for example, if lando got banned everyone would run zard X
which means you'd have to run scarchomp to force it out or you get 6-0'd

and that's just one mon that's not even that common
>>
>>32179267
Anything running speed just to outspeed Lando would run less and get bulkier.
Anything that was outran before gets more usage too
>>
>>32179690
>"I'm retarded and don't understand why trapping is broken": The Post
>>
I just want it to be suspected just to see what would happen.
>>
>>32180196
There would be tears for sure.
Not all the smogonfags are actual homosexuals, but some of them would cry and throw tantrums like little bitches.
I'd actually love to see that...
>>
>>32179314
Then how come whenever I fight against a Landorus user with a Zygarde, they either forfeit or switch out immediately?
>>
>>32180236
because they need the intimidate, you dumb fuck
>>
>>32179981
Okay....here's an idea, curious to hear what ya think:
GF creates a physical version of Hidden Power.
What changes?
>>
>>32180311
Scizor would jizz into its metal armor.
>>
>>32180317
Breloom would also do alot of jizzing.
>>
>>32180317
>>32180327
I guess the other person's typing out a major wall of text atm. Hope they didn't leave.
>>
>Zard X is hard to deal with
I'm a grass fag and I never have trouble with Zard X, I never even plan to counter it, it gets earthquaked and is slow without a dragon dance
>>
>>32180196
Honestly, this is what I want. I think it would be fascinating to see how long it takes for things to actually settle, and whether the OU council actually quickbans things. It might be very similar to the start of a new generation.

>>32180236
Presumably either because you're low on the ladder and not playing any HP Ice Landorus, or they have another specific check.

>>32180311
>>32180317
>>32180327
I think its popularity would depend a lot on whether it makes contact or not. I'm going to call it Plain Power
I think Breloom would definitely jizz more than Mega Scizor, and it would get regular Scizor booted kicked straight into BL, and might even get it back into OU. M-Scizor's most common/best set atm is bulky Roost, SD, BP with either Knock or U-Turn for that extra 'mentum. That set wouldn't have as much use for this, as it's a more defensive pivot, and its win condition is usually getting +4 or +6, with the opposing team all whittled within range of BP. Sets with Plain Power would serve more of a lure role, with SD/BP/Roost, then Plain Power Ice for Lando and Dragons of Healthy Meta (easily OHKOs defensive Lando with +1), Fire for Opposing Scizor and Ferrothorn (both OHKO after SD), Ground for Heatran (OHKO at neutral after Rocks) and my personal favourite (but this would really be awful don't do it) Psychic, which gets a guaranteed OHKO on Defensive Mega Venu at +2 in Psychic Terrain. However, these are all 0 Atk Mega Scizor, meant for utility. More likely are Offensive spreads forgoing roost with SD, BP, Plain Power of choice and coverage. The best bets here would be Fire or Ice, with Knock Off or Superpower Respectively. With the 252 Atk Adamant spread, Plain Power Fire has a 50% chance to kill Skarm after rocks at +2, and Ice has just under half chance of KOing Defensive Lando after two switches into Rocks.
>>
>>32179436
Why would Zard-X get banned when Fini stops it dead on its tracks?
>>
>Lando-T gets banned.
>ZardX runs amok.
>Everybody's momma starts running Tapu Fini and Azumarill.
>Everybody starts running Thunder Punch on their DD ZardX.
>I start laughing.
>Profit.

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 210-248 (61 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>>
>>32180373
It's past 1am here. I was about to go to sleep, but didn't want to let you down anon. I'll check the thread in about 10 hours.

>>32180546
cont.
The real winner is Band Scizor. I think this calc really says it all:
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Plain Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-Therian: 336-396 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Plain Power Fire 2HKOs Skarm and OHKOs both M-Scizor and Ferro, and lastly:
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Plain Power Psychic vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Same goes for Plain Power Electric in Electric Terrain.
Breloom is a lot simpler, if it runs a LO and gets to +2, then Skarmory is the only thing in OU with a chance to be able to live a hit against the right coverage. Expect a rise in Clefable.

But the true terror would be shit like SD Gliscor in the lower tiers. SD/EQ/Knock Off/Plain Power Electric (Mantine) or Ice (Everything else) would just destroy UU, and I haven't got the patience to go through OU.
Basically everything choice band user/set up sweeper without Elemental Punches/Fangs got a huge upgrade. In fact, the only physical mon not to consider running it would be Landorus-T itself, because Hidden Power Ice still does more to itself.
In terms of usage, this would hurt everything with quad weaknesses in OU (except Charizard), but would just turn things into a shitfest. When Skarmory can't counter Breloom anymore, things have gone to shit.

>>32180575
See
>>32180658
This anon knows what's up.
Before you say that this is too niche and that noone would run it, just realise that we're in a meta where Thunder Punch is almost as common on Megagross as Ice Punch, and that it's on the best Mega-Mawile set as well. Not to mention it was popular at points during XY. Is this the time to mentions that Specs Pheromosa runs HP Electric?

The theme of this post was coverage is cancer!
>>
>>32180575
>le +1 thunder punch face
>>
>>32180730
>The real winner is Band Scizor.
>In terms of usage, this would hurt everything with quad weaknesses in OU.

What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>32179267
Landorus is the chaos neutral of the OU tier
Hes what keeps this shit together
>>
>muh glue
How to spot a smogonfag
>>
>>32180797
I think it would be fun to see a tube of glue labeled "Landorus" with the head of Lando-T poking out the end
>>
>>32179267
Can someone explain to me what's so bad about him? I hear he has a lot of good sets but that doesn't necessarily make him bad. Does he not have counters or something?
>>
>>32181054
He is omnipresent.
People are tired of seeing it.
>>
>>32180538
Without Landorus, you lose the intimidate to bring its attack to normal, it'll just Dragon Dance until you bring in something that threatens. Also any good Zard X player will realize when to mega vs when to keep Fire-Flying type
>>
>>32181054
It runs sp many sets that you literally can't predict what set it has barring hitting it on the switch and taking RH damage.
Sending it out turn 1 forces your opponent to make a decision and will almost always put you at advantage barring them sending out HP ice Lando or a known ice beam user
>>
>>32180731
If he runs TP then wouldn't Heatram stop him? I mean, Assuming that it runs Flare Blizts, Dragon Claw, DD and Thunder Punch?
>>
>>32181185
Dugtrio.
>>
>>32181185
You don't know if it runs EQ or TP until Charizard uses it, and by that time you might've lost your Fini/Heatran.
>>
I just want to see the elitist players bitch and moan about any chance of their important lion of healthy meta being booted, however small it may be.
>>
>>32179346
>due to unpredictability
Earthquake, Dragon STAB, Stealth Rock, filler or the odd Scarf set is hardly what I would call "unpredictable".
>>
File: 1476350462976.png (118KB, 526x326px) Image search: [Google]
1476350462976.png
118KB, 526x326px
Banning a Pokemon will lead to the rise of another Pokemon that ultimately becomes the new cancer.

It happens in every tier too, not just OU. Play in RU and you'll still see the same, prevalent Pokemon that dominate that tier on most teams. PU seems to be relatively tame I've noticed, as most people there are just playing with their favorites for kicks and not for delicious smogon points.

OU just has it the worst with Lando since it's the tier of choice. More players, more potential for encountering those staple cookie cutter team builds. Smogon complains about Pokemon that centralize the metagame, but they don't ever do anything about these versatile monsters that they love abusing, unless it threatens the style of play they've grown accustomed to. Instead they'd rather ban Drifblim learning Baton Pass, when the Evasion Clause already prevents Drifblim from doing what they were concerned about.

I don't play OU anymore but even I'm tired of seeing this thing. I know banning this thing from OU would make a lot of people here happy, so I'll roll with that.
>>
File: 1488986772692.jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488986772692.jpg
28KB, 540x540px
>>32179517
>its only cancer when I don't like the design
never change /vp/
>>
>>32180730
Thank you based anon~ Your insight is valuable here.

Assuming this thread is still alive in 10 hours, got another crazy question or what-if scenario: Lando-T loses Intimidate and gets Pressure as a replacement. Same with the other two genies (they get Pressure as well).

Hell breaks loose, or things slowly balance out?
And on the note of "coverage is cancer", how do you fix it then?
>>
>>32181357
>balanced swords dance
>utility
>scarf (not rare)
>bulky rocky helmet
>special chomp
>mega (actually rare)
>death orb attacker
>subchomp
>>
>>32181705
Physicals gain more ground as the endless pivoting intimidate ends, Chomp becomes even more dominant.
>>
>>32181122
>cant predict

Yes, you can. Team composition should help you make that decision. If its offensive, you'll be able to get an idea of it.
>>
t. 1400 and below shitters giving their opinions
>>
>>32181724
>balanced swords dance
what

>utility
ok

>scarf
ok

>bulky rocky helmet
what the fuck, isnt this the same as utility?

>special chomp
???

>mega (actually rare)
uncommon

>death orb attacker
no

>subchomp
no
>>
>>32182132
>never seen a special garchomp before

How low is your elo
>>
>>32179298
I get the impression that a lot of VP wants OU to be literally UU.
>>
>>32183135
I want OU to not be literally different combinations of the same 15 pokemon but I'm aware that's just a childish dream
>>
>>32183135
What most impresses me is how /vp/ completely ignores interesting metas like UU, RU and NU that also have similar issues like OU but deal with them differently
>>
>>32183157
>OU
>literally usage based
>52 (fifty two) pokemon currently meet the usage requirement to be OU
Ebin shitpost
>>
>>32183135
Maybe, but I'm just sick of seeing the same copy-paste teams everywhere. With Lando in every single one.
>>
>>32183165
Just play another meta, dipshit.
>>
>>32180658
KAMINARI
>>
>>32182380
Well, a full on special Garchomp is pretty rare; I've only seen a few on meme teams and the like. Fun as hell, but kinda weak.
physicaly oriented Naive with Fire Blast is everywhere.
>>
>>32182132

These are all sets you retard and if you don't know about them you are either new or low ladder.
>>
>>32179346
>Maybe Bisharp will rise to glory again

Bisharp benefits from Lando's existence you idiot.
>>
>>32179850
The solution then is to ban Landorus and all the things Landorus checks too.
>>
>>32183470
>LOL JUST BAN HALF THE TIER XD
>>
>>32183478
yeah if it gets rid of the cancer.
>>
>>32183484
>LE ANYTHING I DONT LIKE IS GANZAH XDXDD
>>
>>32183470
>Ban Landorus
>Watch for any outliers that centralise the meta-game like Landorus
>Ban them too

The irony of Landorus defenders is they defend the meta being based around Landorus, something bans were there to prevent in the first place.
>>
>>32183484
>cancer
My favorite buzzword
>>
>>32183516

That isn't irony you fucking gay reddit nutsack.
>>
>>32183501
I actually like a lot of those pokemon. I don't see how they're more cancer than Landorus-T, but if they're a problem then really banning's the only solution.
>>
>>32183528
Yes it is.

By implying you want to defend Landorus to prevent the meta from simply being focused around things like X-zard, you're doing the exact thing with just letting it be focused around Landorus.

That's Irony.
>>
>>32183162
Are gen7 RU, NU and PU finally established?
>>
>>32183555

No it isn't you literal retard.
>>
>>32183555
>not knowing the definition of irony
Embarrassing.
>>
File: 1488275140961.jpg (174KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
1488275140961.jpg
174KB, 473x355px
>>32183528
>>32183569
>>32183588
>I don't have an argument so I'll just attack his terminology
>>
>>32183555
>focused around Landorus

The difference in your scenario is landorus is / can be checked by many different mons which opens up teambuilding, while things like pheromosa and charizard-x are checked by very few mons, which restricts teambuilding (don't want to lose to pheromosa at team preview? Better pack toxapex on your offensive heavy team even if it has no place in it otherwise)
>>
>>32183856
>carrying priority on an offensive team is "oppressive teambuilding now"
lmaoing

can't wait for people to complain about mega bee being unstoppable against HO
>>
>>32183881
Priority is the best answer for pheromosa, yes, but the problem is 1. there are only like two priority users that can actually OHKO it (CB zygarde and Pinsir, if Ashninja switches in on a quiver dance it fails to OHKO / needs a bad roll with SR) which leaves them open to getting killed in the process, and 2. Lele's presence alone makes it unreliable
>>
>>32183931
CB scizor ohkos it
max atk mega scizor ohkos it most of the time with no setup while tanking everything bar fightinium
CB dragonite probably ohkos too

>Lele's presence alone makes it unreliable
yes, and lele should have been suspected long before pheromosa
>>
>>32183992
>CB Scizor

Kek
>>
>>32184046
literally its only viable set in OU
>>
>>32183992
>while tanking everything bar fightinium

Which is the problem move, as it OHKOs if BP fails to OHKO which it can, not to mention you basically have to give up scizor as a metagross counter by having to invest so much into Attack instead of bulk when it's his best role
>>
>>32183992
>switching your scizor into fightium z focus blast only to have it die
the Scizors aren't counters they're soft checks at best.
Try again anon.
>>
>>32184098
so burrito fails to kill and at that point you're left with a 10% unscarfed pheromosa that either dies to anything that isn't murdered by her trash coverage or is outsped by whatever scarfer you have depending on which boost she gets

I don't even know why I'm playing devil's advocate. I want her gone too, but she's shouldn't have been suspected before the narutoads, megagross and lele.
>>
>>32184205
Pheromosa is basically Speed Deoxys with better typing, ability, and access to STAB U-Turn.

Nobody likes Deoxys in OU, so I'm surprised Pheromosa lasted this long.
>>
>>32184224
closer to normal deoxys with better typing but much worse coverage and no wallbreaking capabilities
speed deoxys is mostly just a suicide lead
>>
File: purge.png (91KB, 640x121px) Image search: [Google]
purge.png
91KB, 640x121px
>>32179567

The solution is obvious.
Just ban all of them.
No lengthy suspect tests.
If it so much as looks suspicious, ban it then and there. Guilty until proven innocent.
Once the ashes settle, then normal tests can be resumed. Those banned will be properly judged on whether or not they're fit for the reborn OU.
Anyone who complains is blacklisted from voting for the rest of Gen 7. They're part of the problem, and are most likely guilty of abusing the things that should have been banned long ago.
>>
>>32184240
The worse coverage doesn't really matter when you 2HKO almost everything anyways and you can use one of the strongest U-Turns (I believe it is the second strongest) in the game.
>>
>>32184380
it absolutely matters when you get ohko'd by anything resembling a stab move
it's an incredibly strong pivot thanks to stab u-turn but it has next to no wallbreaking potential
>>
>>32181705
In terms of sets, the choiced sets would return as the set of choice mostly scarf, but band would get some more traction. The current defensive set would be immediately overshadowed by Gliscor. The double dance set would still be very good, but not as easy to use. The sash/rocks/explosion suicide lead might even gain some popularity again.
At this point, the only other genie with any OU presence is Torn-T, and without regenerator it's probably heading for RU/BL2. The good doctor doesn't even get roost. I guess Lando-I would come back, but it's pretty underwhelming without Sheer Force. It might compete with Lando-T with SD, Z-Fly, EQ, Stone Edge/filler, that extra 10 speed letting it take some liberty with Rock Polish.

In terms of the meta changes, the scarf set would still be around as an offensive check to a few things, like DD gyara & Dragonite, Scarf Xurkitree & Hoopa, and M-Pinsir & Beedrill, but there would be a lot more of things like SD Kartana, every DDer faster than Lando and bulky scarfers (Buzzwole & Bulu). Without omnipresent intimidate, there'll be a few months of wallbreaker and physical sweeper spam, followed by bans on at least X-Zard and Zygarde, and then a lot of Hippo sand teams. Hoopa might avoid a ban, and there wouldn't be as many viable double-dancers, but things would be pretty close to just kicking it to ubers.

>Coverage is cancer
To me, cancer is something that fucks with teambuilding. Outside of stall, you can't build a team that doesn't eat shit from one particular set from either Greninja or Megagross. They're hard hitting and fast, but there are a lot of pokes that have that, what really makes them broken is that they have coverage to beat every would-be counter, turning beating them into a guessing game. If Greninja didn't get Gunk Shot or Extrasensory, it gets walled by bulky poisons (Pex, M-Venu) and Fairies (Fini, Clef). Without any of Hammer Arm, Ice Punch or Thunder Punch, Megagross gains at least two counters.
>>
>>32181054
>>32181061
Is right. In the current OU, not only do teams not have any real reason not to run Landorus, but thanks to it being the best intimidate user by far, it's practically required to check many of the physical attackers in the tier.
It's become what OU is centred around, and it's been this way since the stupid power creep of megas in gen 6, when you needed to run scarf Landorus to cycle intimidates through everything.
When gen 7 came around, Z-Fly became a thing, as well as Zygarde, Dragonite and Salamence getting good again, so the fully-defensive set gained popularity, with HP Ice to stop your Lando from being setup fodder, and to kill your opponent's Landorus so you could sweep with your Dragon Dancer.
tl;dr - If you don't run Landorus-T you will lose to physical attackers, most likely including someone else's Landorus-T.

Unless you run Shuca berry WoW Torkoal as a lure for shitters like a true Pokemon Master.

>>32181122
Is closer to describing Greninja than Landorus
>>
>>32181724
These all have almost the same counters. Unpredictability only matters when it drastically changes what can counter a particular Pokemon. Eg. Special Aegislash, Physical Aegislash and Head Smash + Autotomize all have different counters.
>>
>>32183549
Then play UU you idiot.
>>
>>32183567
How about you go and check that out for yourself? Takes literally less than 2 seconds. Stop being such a spoonfed baby, faggot.
>>
>>32184063
'no'
>>
>>32184334
>Just ban all of them.
Then OU becomes UU.
Just play UU then you massive cunt.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.