[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sheer force on physical attackers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1287991401712.jpg (41KB, 287x499px) Image search: [Google]
1287991401712.jpg
41KB, 287x499px
>sheer force on physical attackers
>>
File: 555Darmanitan_Dream.png (14KB, 322x372px) Image search: [Google]
555Darmanitan_Dream.png
14KB, 322x372px
What's the problem?
>>
>>32177112
generally the fact that moves like fire blast and ice beam are common as fuck, yet have no physical equivalent.
Darmanitan is lucky it gets flare blitz.
>>
Once battled a guy on low showdown ladder using physical sheer force Nidoking. After the battle I tried telling him that special Nidoking was better and he wouldn't believe me and thought I was trying to troll him.
>>
>>32177220
I hate those kinds of people
>>
File: Conkeldurr.full.1581742.jpg (291KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Conkeldurr.full.1581742.jpg
291KB, 1200x800px
Sheer Force works wonders on Conkelldurr as it buffs the Elemental Punches and few Fairies would survive it's Poison Jab. But Iron Fist(buffs it's STABs alongside the Elepunches) and Guts(status sponge) are much more reliable abilities for it.
>>
>>32177224
I do to. I genuinely like helping people improve their teams. Most people will listen to what I have to say, but everyone once in a while some guy just won't listen to what I have to say thinking in trying to trick them. And the worst part about the Nidoking guy was that I was using a special Nidoking against and it fainted like three of his Pokemon
>>
the fact that even pokemon with pitiful special attack, like Tauros and Rampardos run fire blast with sheer force is a testament to how strong the ability is and how shitty the physical movesets of sheer force users is.

Braviary only learns two decent moves that take advantage of sheer force, rock slide and crush claw.
>>
File: TK.jpg (17KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
TK.jpg
17KB, 576x324px
>sheer force on mixed attackers
>>
>>32177089
Feraligatr is a pretty good SF user
>>
>sheer force braviary
>>
File: 1381114632173.png (142KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
1381114632173.png
142KB, 225x259px
>>32178152
>tfw wonder traded away a nearly-perfect IV hustle Rufflet earlier, not realizing that Defiant is the preferred ability for Braviary because it has no fucking moves for Sheer Force
>>
>Tfw Tyranitar will never ever have Sheer Force instead of fucking Unnerve
>>
Turos @Life Orb
Sheer Force
Naive
252 Atk/ 4 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
-Bodyslam (Virtual RGBY)
-Rock Slide
-Iron Head/Zen Headbutt
-Fire Blast

Might be good in the lower tiers.
>>
>>32177283
>Most people will listen to what I have to say, but everyone once in a while some guy just won't listen to what I have to say thinking in trying to trick them.

Can you always blame them, though? You might mean well, but there's a lot of others that "mean well" that give generally bad advice. And new/bad players can't distinguish the good from the bad, so they just block it out entirely.
>>
>>32177112

The second best part about this is that it gets Sheer Force Bulldoze in a game where Earthquake is postgame.

First being Sheer Force Flare Blitz of course.
>>
>Sheer Force Toucannon
Sure if you want some sick ass Rock Smash I guess
>>
I really am surprised Nidoking does as well as it does considering it's working off of a sub 100 sp.att stat and its mediocre stats in every other category.

And if they ever tried to give him a mega they would completely gut the one reason he does well.
>>
File: 1489761212023.jpg (40KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1489761212023.jpg
40KB, 480x362px
>>32179665
post yfw Mega Nidoking gets Sand Force
>>
>>32177220
>but it just doesn't feel right to make him a special attacker!
>you'd understand if he was your favourite mon!
Meanwhile Nidoking is in my top 10. So dumb to purposefully use a worse set for a mon you supposedly like so much.
>>
>>32178468
____ ______ ___
>>
>>32179665
sheer force is basically a free life orb boost, nidoking has effectively over 100 sp.att whn using boosted moves. Plus he has a phenomenal offensive and defensive typing and stellar coverage.
>>
>>32177231
Spell it right m8!
>>
>>32179606
I still don't understand why they gave that ability to it. Anything else would've been better.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.