[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we share our opnions and thoughts on smogon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 00000000000.png (40KB, 292x354px) Image search: [Google]
00000000000.png
40KB, 292x354px
ITT: we share our opnions and thoughts on smogon.
>>
Smogon is a fun name
>>
>>32176961
I like Smogon because they've created spaces where my less-than-stellar favorites can shine competitively without being overshadowed by much better performing Pokemon. Sadly, too few people see this.
>>
So why did they name themselves after koffing's german name?
>>
I hate smogon because i love it.
I cant play it though i get too mad.
>>
>>32176961

I disagree with their thought process on a lot of things but they're the only non VGC meta we have and the vast majority of the playerbase uses them, so I have to as well if I want a decent 6v6 game.
>>
>>32177021
id like to know more about what you dont like on them. could you give me examples of what decisions they made that you disliked?
>>
PvP is a shit feature for niggers, doesn't matter if it's VGC, Smogon or whatever else people use.
>>
doubles ou > standard ou t b h f a m
>>
>>32177038

Aside from disagreeing on some of their controversial late game bans....my main gripe is that they claim to want to have their game as close to the cart as possible but cling to a rule that hasn't been a thing for years (sleepclause) and exclude the time limit and item clause so they can force stall to be a thing.

I mean I don't think sleep clause is necessarily a bad thing but if you're going to claim to want your sim to mirror the cart as accurately as possible and include shit like team preview, go all or nothing please.
>>
>>32177066
Most people who use smogon will defend the retarded clauses to the death
>>
>>32177066
Item clause would affect offence much more than it would stall
>>
>>32176961
I don't like that people really try to force their rules, even in cart, folks usually ask to play by those rules. I don't even use OU Pokémon, much less ubers, why do I have to play by their rules in cart?
>>
>>32177114
no one in smogon forces you to play by their rules in 3ds. you dont have to play it. just deny it LOL
>>
>>32177114
Because smogon is the end all be all on what you can and cant do
>>
>>32177066
I'm personally okay with the sleep clause.
I do like item clause and I wish they would add it or at least add on area on showdown that has it. Makes it so you just can't slap leftovers and life orb on everything.
>>
>>32177114
Just say you don't want to play by smogon rules. Problem solved.
>>
>>32177093
we just have the sleep clause so people dont spam spore shity teams. everyone remenbers the cancer that VGC 2016 was due to dark void smeargle LOL
>>
>>32177134
we have and its called battle spot singles
>>
>>32177149
Don't remind me of VGC 2016. That was when I first tried out VGC and all I battled against were dark void smeargles and hated every second of it.
>>
>>32177159
If it's not 6v6 then I don't care. Because I hate 3v3 singles.
>>
>>32177012
I always imagined its because weezing was a popular physical wall back in gen 2 and 3
>>
>>32177128
Read again before shitposting
>>32177144
I do, but people never agree. I always end up with battle spot shitters because of this
>>
>>32177170
If you bring ubers then I agree with the people you battle against. If you just bring random crap then those people are stuck up jerks.
>>
>>32177186
he said he doesnt use ubers m8
>>
>>32177201
Then his friends are stuck up jerks.
>>
>>32177211
I know, that's why I'm spending my time complaining and shitposting here instead of having a social life
>>
>>32176961
They once worked to balance singles but gave up, now its just meta shifts to make it fresh.

I don't blame them. 6v6 its a shitshow since gen 4.
>>
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 6 months: 6 MONTHS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to sylveon or whatever gay shit you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're "epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn...
>>
File: K.png (4KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
K.png
4KB, 360x360px
>>32177244
>>
>>32177012
Ebin nazi joke
>>
They still won't test Sneaky Pebbles.
>>
>>32177277
and they should keep it like that
>>
>>32177277
t. Stallfag
>>
>>32177244
hey go to /pol/ m8, they will appreciate your opnion there
>>
>>32177277
Do you want more stallfaggotry? Because banning rocks is how you get more stallfaggotry.
>>
>>32177277
I wish they would just test it just to show people like you how much it would fuck the game.
>>
File: ot6B9Cn.jpg (65KB, 921x960px) Image search: [Google]
ot6B9Cn.jpg
65KB, 921x960px
Pretty bulky with Eviolite. A one-trick pony, but it's decent in lower tiers.
>>
>>32177322
There was a Stealth Rockless ladder in gen 5 and it was shit.
>>
I like using Showderp sets more
>>
File: this is fine.png (156KB, 772x647px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
156KB, 772x647px
>>32176961
As an experienced Smogonite, my main concerns have been in the rollout of testing for this meta.

M-Meta should've been tested already, back in place of the pointless Duggy suspect, to better justify Pheromosa's present day testing (who I think should go but is far less of a threat).

There are many other things that should be suspected as well like Gren and Lele and this slow rollout is feeling a bit like pic related where teambuilding is pretty stifled at the moment.

Other than that, great system.
>>
File: 1396889173532.jpg (759KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1396889173532.jpg
759KB, 1280x2160px
Smogon is great. Any time someone complains about Smogon, what they're really complaining about is OU. And they're absolutely right because OU is fucking awful.
>>
>>32177429
Yeah, OU's a giant mess from what I've been watching. Dunno why suspect tests for actual pains like Lele and AshNinja haven't been done by now. Anything to get rid of Lele.
>>
>>32176961
They have some really cool ladders on their simulator, but singles is not for me so I pay them no mind.
>>
>>32177277
This isn't gen4 anymore, anon. Removing them is very easy.
>>
Smogon as an institution is fine, I used to use their simulators to test my 3v3 singles and 4v4 doubles teams for cart play, until I realised that I was wasting my time since all the best 3v3 and 4v4 players, aka the Nips, played on cart and all I was facing on the sims were scrubs. Nips don't use Smogon so there's no point in testing shit there.

I'm also fine with most of their leadership(though there's a few idiots there) and most of their top/popular players, it's the idiot masses below them who I sometimes have a problem with though. Unlike the top players who like to brunch out a lot and play different formats in order to get more knowledgeable about them, most of the masses just stick to 6v6 singles and it's all they know, so they assume that every other format functions the same, and that mons are just as good in other formats as they are in 6v6 singles.

This leads to situations like where friends of mine who only play Smogon OU look at my BSS team and see that I'm using Chomp and Mimikyu, and then ask me, "Y u no using Mega Mence and Mega Gengar, Smogon ban thoze guys, they so broken and OP lulz xoxoxoxo", before I then proceed to tell them that Chomp and Mimikyu are better, which leads to much confusion, and me having to spend over an hour trying to explain how differently 3v3 singles works.

With Pheromosa inevitably about to get banned, I'm expecting to be soon getting comments about how she's so broken and how I should use her on all my BSS teams, even though she's utterly irrelevant in cart BSS, with even Alolan Muk having higher usage then her lol.
>>
>>32176961
I wish they would try a ladder where you can't use moves that can't be bred/tutored/event that gen. Would like to see limited Stealth Rock availability and such.
>>
>>32177633
A hybrid of OU and BSS would be sweet, I agree.
>>
>>32176961
Good
PU
NU
NFE/LC
Random

Okay
UU
RU

Bad
Ubers
AG

Shit
OU
>>
>>32177691
Best
Monotype
>>
>>32177277

I don't mind sneaky pebbles but I think it's dumb as fuck that it's type based damage and specifically fucks over fire types.

We need sneaky fire or sneaky vines....that'd be interesting.
>>
File: ItemCLause.png (517KB, 1971x1047px) Image search: [Google]
ItemCLause.png
517KB, 1971x1047px
>when people say that an item clause would nerf stall

Like, not even a little bit.
>>
>>32177864

Which is why the time limit needs to be implemented

Anything to get that cancer out of my game
>>
>>32177892

Like did you even checked the image? The point was that an item clause does not nerf stall at alll
>>
>>32177691

>NFE or LC Over RU

Shit-taste anon
>>
>>32177907

If they run that exact team comp yes, you are right.

Fuck dugtrio btw...not because I think he's overpowered (close to it) but because he's a stall staple now.
>>
>>32177041
>PvP
t. bad at video games
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.