[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /vp/ like gen 7?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Why doesn't /vp/ like gen 7?
>>
File: 1414078170852.jpg (58KB, 973x357px) Image search: [Google]
1414078170852.jpg
58KB, 973x357px
Zelda cycle, etc.
>>
new things are bad
go away newfags
>>
>>32176570
Because it's the most recent.
>>
>>32176570
It has been received really well outside of here so it's cool and hip to act differently from everyone else
>>
>>32176592
This. It's pure 4chan contrarianism.
>>
>>32176570
>Why doesn't /vp/ like gen 7?
Because of that woman you posted.
>>
>>32176792
Lies
>>
>>32176570
Because /vp/ has higher standards and employs critical thinking.
>>
File: 1487974264319.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487974264319.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>32176867

There a alot of legit criticism to be had about SM but you know what you just said was some bullshit.
>>
>>32176867
>and employs critical thinking

Leak season shitposting says otherwise
>>
>>32176867
>higher standards
Contrarianism =/= higher standards
>employs critical thinking
lol
>>
>>32176897
>>32176902
>>32176909
It was clearly a play on words
>>
>>32176867
Agreed. Mostly stemming from being a community that has nothing better to do than deconstruct games and debate the utility of their parts. Is it flashy but useless? Is it useful but tedious? Etc.

Hating things in cycles is common human behavior unfortunately. A lot of good things are acquired tastes but they can also just be bad from the start, and being forced over a long period of time without the consumer or audience ever coming around is the death of a franchise so they include good things, and see if they are missed. Seems to be the only way they can study group us without someone spilling the beans. That's our end of the bad news. Theirs is they have to wait at least two games before bringing back a needed feature that brings the franchise into the modern era of gaming where people expect more, not less. Minimalism is a great basis for their mobile free to play apps but that method cannot be recycled into their console games.

What gets me is they unlike most conpanies have had a vast array of spin-offs and mainline games to learn from and they have a hard time understanding their feedback
>>
>>32176570
If you post here you are probably more into Pokemon than you aught to be, and play the games too much. So vp has a disproportionate amount of people who REALLY care about post game, more than anything else even.
Then there are the people who hate the amount of dialogue and/or not being the spotlight of the game.
>>
>>32176592
>>32176640
>not agreeing with sheep makes you contrarian

ebin.
>>
>>32176963
>What gets me is they unlike most conpanies have had a vast array of spin-offs and mainline games to learn from and they have a hard time understanding their feedback
I think they're actively trying not to.
>>
>>32176570
My vote goes to adding new shit without fixing any of the core problems, i.e. post game.
Games finished, it ranged from a great to an okay ride overall.
Go back to post game shit hole of every game since gen 6.
>Online is shit thanks to Smogon introducing a meta that most kids and adults will be slaves of.
>The "fun" of breeding shiny mons to decorate your team that'll be wiped anyway
>Megas coming later than release because fuck us and fuck you
>Waiting for the bank to open got most to upright leave
>The joy's of doing dailies
>The empty world
>Looker refuses to leave since gen 4
>Finished the Dex, now what?
It's an alright game but the shit storm around it ruins more than anything.
>Why play online where random crits exist
>Why breed when someone is mass wt shiny OU set mons
>Why wait for my mega when I can to shitstorm that is Smogon
There's ultimately nothing to stay for except the trophies of shinies and comp mons, if you don't like those you went to play something else. You most likely stayed because you craved the abuse of monotony.
Honorable Mentions include
>Slowla
>Unaddressed Power Creep
>Replayability
>No new good Trick Roomers for Slowla
>Mimikyu's bullshit
>Nostalgia Pandering
>No Battle Frontier
>>
>>32177151
Oranguru is a good trick room user
>>
>>32176570
I love gen 7 purely because of the Pokemon designs. Fucking great stuff, and that's pretty much the number one requirement in a Pokemon game for me. Were there flaws? Of course. But the Pokemon are too good for me not to enjoy it.
>>
>>32177171
Forgot him, thanks for the correction
Add Min Maxing at it's finest to Honorable Mentions
>>
File: 1480385948708.jpg (16KB, 231x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480385948708.jpg
16KB, 231x281px
>>32176570
>that hoverhand
>>
>>32176987
The fact that you used the word sheep to refer to people who like what you dont like already gives you away as a contrarian too
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.