[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In game team thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot_2017-03-26-18-23-18.png (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-26-18-23-18.png
578KB, 1920x1080px
Post, r8 and h8 teams

Pic related is muh latest Fire Red team. Just about to enter Cinnabar.

>tfw Golduck can't learn Psychic
>>
File: IMG_1471.png (73KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1471.png
73KB, 1334x750px
>>32172624
Good taste. Golduck carried my FR nuzlocke with attract + calm mind cheese strats.

my Emerald team, I'm doing the surf routes after Tate & Liza right now.
>>
>>32172720
>Slaking
>Solrock
>Dusclops
>Dodrio
Are you me
>>
File: 1465043599578.png (110KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465043599578.png
110KB, 480x320px
Just before Lance, I think. Was doing a run with no xp from wild Pokemon. Not enough trainer xp to level more than 5 mons properly
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-26-13-53-17.png (277KB, 1075x815px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-26-13-53-17.png
277KB, 1075x815px
>>32172624
cool team. Zard and Clef were my main duo last time i played FR

>>32172720
I kind of hate Tentacool and by extension Cruel, but other than that like the team. How is Slaking? Never used one cause truant seemed annoying.

Current team in Storm Silver, just reached Azalea. Definitely dropping Char as soon as I find another fire type, and probably Croc since I used that line in another game recently.
>>
>>32172720
Patrician taste, you get a pass for having type overlap since a lot of flying types are part normal.

Slaking and Dusclops are both hard to use in my experience, especially against the E4
>>
>>32172811
>Haunter in any rom that doesn't adjust trade evolutions

Points for Starmie, Arcanine, and Rhyhorn though, especially if you stick it out until Rhydon
>>
>>32172780
maybe

>>32172826
Slaking is pretty useful. He nukes something and then switches out or heals another mon. This is my first time using him, and his ability is a lot less crippling than I thought it would be.

>>32172831
Dusclops kicks ass. He's super bulky, so he can burn/confuse/curse pretty much anything without worrying about taking too much damage. He carried me against Tate & Liza.
>>
>>32172862
I was specifically using Haunter because I wanted to do it without any 'outside' help. I evolved it afterwards.
>>
>>32172624
Nice team. I fucking hate using Jolteon though, cos I usually end up with about 2/3 electric type moves and it makes me feel like a retarded kid again stacking so many STAB moves on a mon.

Fuck Jolteon's weak ass movepool
>>
File: pokeprism.png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
pokeprism.png
3KB, 160x144px
Trying to use Pokemon I'd otherwise never touch. Been thinking of boxing of the Shinx/Luxio/Luxray ever since I caught it because I used the line in my original Diamond run, but it just keeps carrying the team & I'm yet to found an electric or fighting user I like to replace it

>>32172826
I love that Drayano always makes Ledian usable. Great hacks
>>
>>32172624
varied but some mediocre choices there
>>32172720
Some good choices, you could use a better psychic though
>>32172811
Solid as fuck, good taste anon
>>32172826
>Ledian
>Glaceon
>more than one starter
>filters
its shit, work on your team
>>32173122
Not bad, that cacturne though
>>
>>32173210
>that cacturne though
Is that supposed to be a good or a bad thing? It's been one of the more useful team members so far (certainly more than Froslass)
>>
>>32173210
Yeah, I don't like the idea of using so many pokemon that were given to me (Jolteon, Charizard, and Hitmonlee), but I didn't realise it until I kinda stopped and thought for a sec about how half of my team wasn't even caught by me.

To be honest though I partly blame the bullshit distribution of Pokemon in FR, early on the Pokemon available are boring as fuck. I never wanted to use Jolteon either, but realistically what better electric types are there? I considered Magneton, but I'd just handicapping myself for longer until I can find or train one, and then the movepool isn't even better than Jolteon's so really what's the point. As far as water types are concerned, it was hard enough just catching and training Psyduck so late in the game (dat 1% catch rate)

Also I wanted a fighting type but who is there other than 'Lee? Machoke? Fuck that. Primeape? I considered it but fuck that as well, I've played a few runs before with Primeape.

Next run I'll probably replace my starter early on and opt out of using pokemon that are gifted to me
>>
>>32172909
Hit the nail on the head pretty much, Jolteon's running flash/t-wave/tbolt/thunder, awful moveset but the alternatives were dogshit as well (Pin Missile and Double Kick)
>>
>>32173210
whats wrong with ledian
already said im dumping the starters
and im still at the beginning of the game obviously its going to change
>>
File: untitled.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
9KB, 240x160px
>>32172624
Good team, OP. Was Clefable as good in Gen 3?

>>32172720
Nice

>>32172811
Excellent taste, I had half of them in Leaf Green

>>32172826
Pretty good
>>
>>32173574
>Aggron
>Flygon
>Milotic
>Blaziken

God tier/10
>>
File: Ribbon team.png (399KB, 435x346px) Image search: [Google]
Ribbon team.png
399KB, 435x346px
Following what mewtwo guy did(http://imgur.com/a/Cpvj7) I decided to do a full ribbon team instead. Im currently in SS beating up the kanto gym leaders
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
About to fight Candice in Platnium, probably gonna get fucked up.
>>
Playing FireRed for the millionth time. Decided to go with no trade evolutions so I don't have to deal with any trade fuckery. Trying to create a team I can consider my standard Kanto squad.

>Blastoise
>Raichu
>Nidoking
>Arcanine
>Snorlax
>Dragonite
>>
>>32173689
If Houndoom doesn't faint everything will be okay
>>
>>32173574
OP here. To be honest Clefable has been my MVP even more than Zard. Levelling it with Clefairy was difficult as it's Calm nature and pretty much all its attacking moves are Normal

Once I got to Celadon though, I taught it Ice Beam and Tbolt and it's been wrecking shop. Moonlight and Encore as well. Great bulk, decently powerful, reliable recovery and quick enough to abuse Encore (it's holding Quick Claw as well) though I'm considering replacing it with Flamethrower. I've spent all the HP Up and defence proteins I've found on it.

All in all, my most reliable mon, and fun to use. Brotier/10
>>
>>32173802
You should replace Encore with Flamethrower.
>>
>>32173802
you should replace moonlight with softboiled
>>
>>32172720
>Dodrio and Solrock
My fucking nigga
>>
My 6 pseudos, excluding Deino are in their mid evo stage, about to do the Ghost Trial.
>mfw despite being traded, the only way they can keep up is by having exp share on and beat all the trainers or almost

Still trying to get Raikou in silver
>>
>>32173701
>raichu over jolteon
Come one dude.
>>
File: 1480290704846.jpg (51KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480290704846.jpg
51KB, 500x600px
はい

>omega ruby
Galvatros - Aron
Haruki - Sceptile
Vulcan - Numel
Aoi - Swablu
About to go to meteor falls for team magma

>y
Aegislash
Malamar
Dragalge
Sylveon
Hawlucha
about to fight wulfric
i was too lazy to pick a nickname for the first mon i got so i decided to nickname none of them
>>
>>32174517
As others have said earlier ITT, Jolteon is a one-trick pony in FR. Raichu at least has a couple of options.
>>
File: team.png (73KB, 721x480px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
73KB, 721x480px
Some months ago, I did a themed team in FR, though only really viable on the ROM where trade evolutions were exchanged for better methods.

These all have in common that their final form is in the Johto dex, and none of them were fully evolved until after beating the League. It was actually fairly balanced and really fun to use.
>>
>>32173682
looks like a fun team
>quakatoa
kekek
>>
>>32175090
>Seadra
>Golbat
>Onix
>Scyther
>Chansey
>Porygon

Would have absolutely hated to play with that team until postgame but props for some of those nicks. Did you catch them as you went & only ditch your starter after Mt Moon, or begin with all of them?
>>
>>32175202
I caught them in their regular places. Used the starter for a while after Mt Moon, as Onix was the second one on the team and I got her only just before Surge (a roundabout way, but having a ground type helped in that battle).

Onix is usable enough if you give him Screech and don't put him up against special attackers. Still sucks major ass, but all for the gimmick. For Chansey, I ran Serene Grace and Water Pulse as the major offense, teamed with Calm Mind, Softboiled and Counter. Also worked reasonably well. The rest should be no-brainers.

And thank you, I do like coming up with clever nicks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.