[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balltists of VP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Premier Ball is my favorite.png (140KB, 442x448px) Image search: [Google]
Premier Ball is my favorite.png
140KB, 442x448px
Tell me about your balltism.
>Do you set different conditions for your choices in different playthroughs (i.e., balls that would best suit a Pokemon's needs, balls that match their Pokemon's color) or do you always stick with the same rules?
>Do you inject or modify balls in any way to get the right ones?
>What is your favorite gen/game for balltism?
>What is your favorite Poke Ball? Least favorite? Why?
>>
>>32171363
I can't catch a Pokémon in anything other than a Poké Ball, even having Event Pokémon in Cherish Ball annoys me. No idea why but it started around Gen 5. It'd be great if there was a feature where you could change a Pokémon's ball, or even if seals came back.
>>
File: 1485484598201.png (350KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1485484598201.png
350KB, 500x441px
Uniform standard Pokeballs for all my mons.

One Tauros in a Safari Ball though, because that's okay.

Also caught a shiny Minun in a Premier Ball which is my pride and joy.
>>
Generally I try to use a ball that matches the Pokemon's color, but I also like to use a different type of ball for each party member.

Oddly enough I don't cheat to change Pokeballs. No problem using a hacked ditto or anything, but I'll go through the trouble of catching something in an older game and transferring it up just to breed the ball I want.

Gen4 was my favorite I guess just cause Johto Balls, but since they're in SM + breeding mechanics I suppose that's the best one now. I was pretty upset about only 1 per game and considered injecting more, but this romhack lets you just buy them at a store and somehow I can justify that as less cheating in my head.

Premier is my favorite, it just looks clean and has a decent opening animation as well. Least favorite... probably Beast Ball. Shit's ugly.
>>
I mainly use normal balls because they're fine enough, specially on legendaries, but somehow I do think the catch rate has been needed in SM, it's quite hard to catch something in the later islands with the normal ones.
>>
I love the design of the beast ball and the original, and the masterball is a nice purple too.
>>
File: 1490024742604.png (402KB, 483x429px) Image search: [Google]
1490024742604.png
402KB, 483x429px
>>32171363
>tfw no fucking Park ball
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>What is your favorite Poke Ball?
toss up between Friend Ball and Timer Ball. Friend Ball due to the pattern and Timer because of the ball release effect.

I really hate that there's only one purple Poke ball in existence and it's the easy mode one as well.
>>
I like using the balls on the Pokemon they were meant to catch, whether it matches or not.
>>
File: Balltismgiewjriogjsd.png (33KB, 335x209px) Image search: [Google]
Balltismgiewjriogjsd.png
33KB, 335x209px
>>32171363
Which ball is best for pic related?

>Favourite balls are heavy and moon. Quick ball is worst.
>Johto has best balls.
>Never inject at all.
>I try to capture pokemon I like or ones I want on my team in colour appropriate balls. Most mons I don't care what ball they are in.
>>
>>32172840
I'd go with Dream Ball for Weavile, something about Heal Ball always looks slightly off to me in-game. And Love Ball has a giant heart appear, which I only like on cutemons. Unless you think Weavile's cute, in which case go for it.
>>
>>32171723
Dusk ball's release effect is a purple swirl if that makes any difference, but it's a shame the ball itself doesn't look great on many pokemon.
>>
>>32171363
I use whatever ball works.

which usually ends up being either a Quick Ball or a Timer Ball
>>
balltist here, is it possible to get a Porygon in anything other than a regular Poke Ball?
>>
>>32172840
I don't think you can use safari ball tyranitar on battle spot, so i advise against it
>>
>>32174068
You can catch Porygon in the Dream Radar, so you can also have it in a Dream Ball.

Also iirc, it's catchable in the Mansion Garden west of Pastoria in Platinum
>>
>>32171363
Anything other than a Pokeball, Great Ball, Master Ball, or Ultra/Hyper Ball, unless they match beyond anything else. Those balls are for dextrash I catch to fill it up, not for my personal use Pokemon.
>>
>>32171363
the fuc is that digimon ass ball at the bottom right
>>
>>32174068
I think you can find them in ORAS on one of the mirage islands or whatever
>>
I always use dream balls if I can. If the pokemon's not available in that ball, I go with a love ball. If the pokemon is available in neither of said balls, fuck that pokemon I don't want it.
>>
>>32175166
Beast Ball. You get them after you beat the main story in sun and moon. They're made for catching ultra beasts but you can catch anything in them.
>>
File: 1480107808148.jpg (8KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
1480107808148.jpg
8KB, 250x222px
Best ball for Tapu Fini? It's being a bitch with Muddy Water acc drops and Aqua Ring
>>
>>32177437
Heal block and keen eye/clear body. You only need one because you won't need acc without it healing itself.

Efficiency, probably the timer ball.
Matching, probably the master ball, heal ball, or dive ball.
>>
>>32177504

ahh, yeah, forgot to mention, aesthetic ball. Just mentioning the frustration for something to say

Thanks for the tips btw, didn't think of keen eye/clear body
>>
>>32177437

Dive ball. As for catching it, use burn after its terrian wears off as aqua ring heals before burn damages and they affect the same amount of health.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.