[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this triggers /vp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

this triggers /vp/
>>
>>32170152
I actually really like this, though it going from myths and empires and the like to JRPs and circus made me laugh as much as I actually like most of them
>>
>Guns
>Swords
>Shuriken
That's all I got for the water types, the fuck are the other weapons?
>>
>>32170166
>>32170166
>trident
>spear

Primarina and swampert not sure about
>>
>>32170166
Feraligatr is brass knuckles, Swampert is those bladed fan things, Empoleon is a Trident, and Primarina is a mace. According to retards who see a pattern where there is none, at least.
The real question is, what the fuck did he mean by
>Unique Evolutions
Is that supposed to mean "I couldn't come up with anything?"
>>
>>32170152
What prehistoric animal is Typhlosion? What myth is Empoleon based on? What have any of the gen 1 starters got to do with genetics at all, if anything they're all lizards.

>>32170177
I think the meme is that it looks like a club or a mace.
>>
>>32170152
>gator
>weapon
lol
>>
>>32170152
It's kind of bullshit though.

Which myth is Empoleon based on? Which ancient creature is Typhlosion based on? The circus thing is far-fetched too since only Primarina fits in there. Incineroar is a wrestler, not a circus performer.
>>
>>32170202
>>32170205
>What myth is empoleon based on

Posiden?
>>
>>32170223
What's Posiden-y about it aside from the trident though? It's got really clear references to Napoleon Bonaparte but that's an actual historical figure and not just some myth.
>>
>>32170182
>brass knuckles

Or ya know teeth and claws, I mean it's a gatr and everything anon
>>
>>32170205
I personally like the idea of hero/villain/princess motif for gen 7
>>
>>32170152
>Prehistoric animals
>An Owl...
>>
>>32170232
What's Posiden-y about it aside from the part thats meant to resemble poseidon?
>>
>>32170152
Th zodiac sign of the fox and the zodiac sign of the badger are my favorite

Also, how the fuck is Primarina a mace?
>>
>>32170265
You don't even have to wait until Gen 7 to debunk that, Serperior has nothing in commom with prehistoric snakes. It seems to be more inspired by vine snakes that are very much alive
>>
>>32170323
>poseidon invented tridents
>>
serperior is based on how snakes used to have limbs but evolved to not have them.
>>
>>32170152
why yes, Napoleon the famous mythological figure

and while i'm ranting you can't claim that Typlosion is both the Chinese zodiac rat and an ancient creature.

why do you autists feel the need to categorize and fit the starters into special categories ? your just as bad as the more than two genders gang.
>>
>>32170421
>your just as bad as the more than two genders gang.
[Jimmy Neutron autistically screeches in the distance]
>>
>>32170239
i think its more along the lines of being opposite.

inceneroar is a heel wrestler but does it so the kids can enjoy the match

decidueye is seems like a top dollar guy but is really an assassin

and Primarina looks like girl but is really a guy
>>
>>32170152
tell me what part of Venusaur, Sceptile and Chesnaught are remotly prehistoric?

>inb4 sceptile is a theropod
not with that posture and leg position its not
>>
>>32170460
>venuSAUR
>as in dinoSAUR

>scepTILE
>as in the common fetish

>chesNAUGHT
>as in the credibility of this theory
>>
>>32170469
>scepTILE
>as in the common fetish
Silly anon, its Sceptile, not Sceptickle.
>>
>Unique Evolutions
So the theme is that they genuinely don't share a theme? Some of these are a stretch, but it looked like you just gave up there.
>>
File: 1476195198635.jpg (486KB, 1400x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1476195198635.jpg
486KB, 1400x1528px
This is the list the retards use
>>
The extinct animals theme is the only real one here, and that could get knocked out any gen now.
>>
>>32170547
Ironically enough the fan blades seem to be more present on Samurott's tail than on Swampert's design

>primarina is a mace
oh god
>foxes and dogs are interchangable
jesus fuck
>badgers are rats are the same thing
the stupid
>serperior being some sort of prehistoric anaconda and not a vine snake
it burns
>Feraligatr being brass knuckles
this is some autism
>>
>>32170547
nice headcanon
>>
File: 1409764929657.png (42KB, 277x246px) Image search: [Google]
1409764929657.png
42KB, 277x246px
>>32170152
>>32170547

>Foxes are dogs

There's reaching and then there's being willingly obtuse.
>>
>>32170589
The biological family Canidae /ˈkænᵻdiː/ [3] is a lineage of carnivorans that includes domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, dingoes, and many other extant and extinct dog-like mammals.
>>
>>32170617

Yeah, about that. Legend of the Zodiac race was very specific about what animals it used. It was not a fox, it was a DOG.
>>
>>32170617
>>32170631
Doesn't the fox have a totally different role in Chinese legend too?
>>
>>32170631
Don't know why you're particular about that one, Typhlosion is far from a rat
>>
>>32170617
Foxes and dogs are not interchangeable. The zodiac if very specific about being the zodiac sign of the dog, not the zodiac sign of the canidae family. Quit reaching
>>
File: IMG_2682.png (173KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2682.png
173KB, 1000x1000px
>>32170631
>>32170636
>>32170641
>>32170642
Didn't you learn from the starters, denialfags? That you said Incineroar wouldn't be real because it fits the zodiac?
Will it take every zodiac to be fulfilled for you to accept the truth?
>>
>>32170631
If goat/ram/sheep and pig/boar and rooster/fenghuang (phoenix) are interchangable, then why not fox and dog?
>>
>>32170653
>le epic "I don't have rebuttals so I'll post a smug reaction pic and type in a condescending manner to hopefully create the impression I have the upper hand in the discussion"
>>
>>32170547
>owls are giant eagles now
Lol
>>
>>32170653
>Will it take every zodiac to be fulfilled for you to accept the truth?
Then they would just have excess pokemon like the cyndaquil line and fennekin line, so the theme would be kind of pointless.
>>
>>32170657
none of those are interchangeable, and foxes and dogs are much more distant among each other than any of those anyway
>>
>>32170657
I'll humor you in a bit and say that while the specific spelling of the the goat in the zodiac sign is ambiguous enough that the most accurate translation would be "Caprinae" (the family that contains goats and sheeps), the chinese spelling of dog in the chinese zodiac does not refer to canidae, it very precisely depicts dogs and only dogs, and proof of that is that there was never an instance of any chinese zodiac sign anywhere with a fox where the dog should be. So kindly shove your reaching up your ass. Reach far into it so that such autism may never see the light of the day again
>>
>>32170677
If you want bonus points, Typhlosion only """fits""" because cyndaquils dex entry is "the fire mouse pokemon". Now since first stages apparently count, litten completely contradicts the zodiac entirely being a house cat, which is explicitly not part of it. Explicitly.
>>
>>32170681

Actually, no. The cat is considered the unofficial 13th member of the Zodiac because as the legend states, it would have come in 12th had the rat not jumped from its back and overtaken it.
>>
>>32170696
right, explicitly not part of the zodiac then, thanks for clarifying that for me
>>
>>32170152
Wtf is this shit? Water type starters are semi-aquatic creatures
>>
>>32170152
G1 genetic? why? maybe earth, sky, sea but why genetic

G2 ancient, ratel and alligators are actual creatures

G3 unique?

G4 ok I get it, empoleon not look so poseidon-like based, but ok

G5 ok

G6 ok

G7 rlly? circus mermaid, archer, heel wrestler not are common performances in circus
>>
File: dis nigga srs.jpg (21KB, 298x194px) Image search: [Google]
dis nigga srs.jpg
21KB, 298x194px
>>32170182
>Primarina is a mace
lol wut
>>
>>32170152
Tell me where in the Zodiac do foxes, badgers, and not-dragons fit. Tell me how is an owl prehistoric when it's a bird and birds came from dinos. Tell me what weapons Swampert, Feraligatr, and Primarina represent.
>>
>>32171188
>implying owls are birds
>>
File: PG22mIX.gif (876KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
PG22mIX.gif
876KB, 256x192px
>>32170469
>>
>>32170681
Take the whole line into consideration. It's based on the zodiac, not sticking to it fully. Charmander -> Charizard wouldn't fit either based on your reasoning, but there's no arguing that Charizard isn't supposed to be a Dragon.

Similarly, if you argued purely for the evolved forms like people seem to do for whatever reason, then you would omit the "Fire Mouse" Pokémon, the only direct link Cyndaquil's line has to the Zodiac.
>>
>>32170152
What is "unique evolution" even supposed to mean?
>>
File: tmp_5664-900x1044606444.jpg (346KB, 900x1962px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5664-900x1044606444.jpg
346KB, 900x1962px
>>32170205
>>32170152
Circus/Carnivale/Sideshow attractions performers

Decidueye = Shooting gallery
Incineroar = Strongman
Primarina = Sideshow see the mermaid/serpent woman etc.

But I think the fairytale Hero/Villain/Princess is much more apt.
>>
Gen 7 starters are based on nocturnal animals, nope?
>>
>>32170152
>Prehistoric

The Owl Decidueye is based on is an extinct terrestrial owl.

Serperior is arguably a take on the evolution of a snake losing its limbs.

>Chinese Zodiac

Delphox is arguably a combo breaker since foxes doesn't exist in the Chinese zodiac. Those arguing a fox counts as a dog are an interesting lot to say the least.

>Weapons

Feraligatr and Swampert already break that pattern, unless there's something I'm missing.

Though I suppose if somehow Primarina was the odd one out, someone could argue the development of sound based weaponry if one wants to go that far.
>>
File: 1490524953607.jpg (424KB, 1400x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1490524953607.jpg
424KB, 1400x1528px
>>32173382
>>
>>32170485
You dont get it do you
>>
>>32171167
>seal clubbing
inuit injuns bash baby seals and sea lions to death and then complain about lowered seal populations
>>
>>32173382
You have a good grasp on the situation and are level-headed, it seems to me.

I would like to assert, with regards to the zodiac theory and delphox not fitting, that just like some of us consider it "close enough," Gamefreak did too. The way I view the zodiac and other starter theories are that they're guidelines and not rules. For example, I feel that the ONLY theory that works for the water starters is "semi-aquatic/amphibious." And, as you can see, they brought something that arguably doesn't fit with Popplio. It can walk around on land... sorta. Similarly, I feel that they chose the fennec fox to represent the Dog position on the zodiac because they felt it was close enough. There is a lot of lore about them in japan, and it's not like they need to stick perfectly to it.

I just feel like the theories have persisted for so long because of them being generic. And that's also why the zodiac is targeted more often, in my opinion: it's fairly specific, so it's easier to parse when they break a bit further from it.

That's just my opinion, though.
>>
>snakes
>owls
>prehistoric

Both groups are fairly new in the geological time scale.

An also, tthere's pretty much a prehistoric anything if you reach hard enough
>>
>>32173912
>Similarly, I feel that they chose the fennec fox to represent the Dog position on the zodiac because they felt it was close enough
And how do you plan on justifying your autism if the fire starter next gen is a kangaroo zodiacfag? Claim that since it has long ears it represents the rabbit.

Foxes are not associated with dogs. Period. It's not close enough, it's actually pretty far, maybe you'd have a point if delphox was a wolf, but right now you're just changing the rules to carry on with your autism

The zodiac pattern was never a thing
>>
>>32174374
If they had a kangaroo as the next Fire starter I would say I was wrong? What will you say next gen if they introduce another mon that fits it? "Still just coincidence?"

Also no, I believe it's "close enough" because your average layman doesn't care and also just plain out doesn't know.

>The zodiac pattern was never a thing
We won't know til it breaks it with something that can't be argued for. A kangaroo, a fire elemental, an inanimate object, a bear, anything. They were even going to have a bear fire-starter in gen 2 before they switched to Cyndaquil, which also explains why Cyndaquil only kind of fits based on its dex entry - they decided to follow it during production of GS or after.

So, something that looks like a dog but technically isn't is proof that the zodiac theory was "never a thing." What do you say about Poochyena? That's Gamefreak completely ignoring that a hyena is a felid rather than a canid, but no one seems to mind, because it combined two ideas. Heck, maybe Gamefreak's designers didn't even know Hyenas weren't related to dogs. The same might be said for Fennekin, which looks like a dog to the unaware and most wouldn't care about the discretion. That's all I'm saying.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.