[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw people shitting on Phione yesterday. Why? 80 across the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: phione.png (38KB, 1252x937px) Image search: [Google]
phione.png
38KB, 1252x937px
I saw people shitting on Phione yesterday. Why? 80 across the board ain't too bad when you're just playing through Platinum.
>>
>>32165155
It's literally a worse Manaphy. And 80 in all stats is pretty mediocre, even ingame.
>>
>>32165155
80s across the board is shit for even ingame
>>
>>32165155
>tfw I like Phione
>shit in PU
Goddammit. Manaphy is at least great though
>>
if phione had the eviolite boost it wouldn't be so bad
>>
That's pretty bad for in-game too.

I like how it looks way more than Manaphy, though.
>>
>>32165155
There's only one way to fix Phione

Give it a Mega
>>
>>32165277
Is better than any of the starters
>>
>>32165312
>more megas
fuck off

>>32165324
it's not
>>
>>32165352
>not wanting more megas
>>
>>32165312
I think Phione having a Mega but not Manaphy would be pretty cool.

>>32165324
Design-wise, alright, but certainly not statwise.

>>32165352
>not wanting as many Megas as possible
>>
>>32165155
I want to FUCK Phione!
>>
>>32165519
kill yourself
>>
>>32165519
I, too, wish to fornicate with the Prince of the Sea's son.
>>
>Phione now learns Tail Glow too
is it at least RU yet
>>
>>32166204
>prince
>>
>>32166217
That was it's nickname in the Manaphy movie
>>
>>32166209
Does it fucking not already? A spark plug learns it but it doesn't?
>>
>>32166209
nah but probably usable in NU
>>
>>32166363
nope tail glow and heart swap are exclusive to manaphy. phione not only didn't get -20 out of every stat, it also didn't get those two moves nor the eviolite boost
>>
>>32166181
I WANT TO FUCK HER LITTLE PUSSPUSS UNTIL I FILL HER WITH CUM.
>>
>>32165245
>shit in PU
Use it in low tier rain
>>
>>32166488
Still pretty bad there. It's not even ranked, that's how terrible it is.
>>
>>32166488
I don;t think you;re understanding how shitty Phione is.
>>
>>32166209

'no'
>>
>>32166204
>son
>>
>>32165155
There's no purpose for it to exist other than to fill Pokedex space for the already high amount of Sinnoh legendaries
>>
>>32165155
I'll defend Gen 4 to the death but this Pokemon is just completely unnecessary. Basically a copy-pasted Manaphy that doesn't have in-game lore reasons for existing like Carbink does with Diancie (not to mention those 2 look different)
>>
>>32167787
It does have a lore reason to exist though.
Manaphy can breed, but in warmer waters, it produces Phione instead, which is why it needs to return to the colder waters it is native to.
>>
>>32168500
gay as fuck
>>
>>32168571
Maybe, but it's still a reason.
>>
>>32168659
it's a shitty reason to justify a shitty gimmick that nothing came out of until gen 7
>>
>>32168684
Yeah, I'm not disagreeing it's dumb, but I was just saying there was a reason.
What came out of it in gen 7?
>>
>>32168895
nothing, but cosmog happened, which is what phione really should have been in the first place, a preevo
>>
>>32168908
Oh I see. Phione is more of a mutation I guess, but it would have been lovely to have it able to evolve. Come to think of it, Manaphy really didn't need to be mythical.
>>
Phione's stats aren't the problem. It's that it can't learn a single boosting move. Even Manaphy needs some kind of boost to be an actual threat.
>>
>>32168932
>muh speed
>>
>It now is able to use Eviolite
How does Phione fair now?
>>
>>32169051
Goes from some of the worst shit in PU to somewhat ok but still absolute shit in PU.

Dusknoir is in PU and it has better stats than a Phione that has a usable eviolite. Phione is just that awful, on par with Spinda in terms of how bad it is. Knock off is also even better in PU than the already high use it has in high tiers.
>>
>>32169051
It's still worse than Manaphy since its movepool is hot garbage and a Pokemon is only useful if it is capable of actually doing something, whereas Phione is completely incapable of contributing anything even slightly valuable to your team.
>>
>>32168500
That's sad. So Phione are literally just deformed Manaphy? I thought that's just what all it's children looked like.
>>
>>32169120
I don't know if it's deformed or just a general irreversible form, like Lycanroc forms.

Manaphy is also born at the bottom of the ocean as well as the cold water. Keep in mind this lore about Manaphy was mostly obtained from a mix of dex info and anime.
>>
>>32169120
The thing is mostly just that Manaphy can only live in cold seas, and Phione can only live in warm seas.
Maybe it's a genetic adaptation?
>>
>>32169167
>>32169215
That would be fine if it had something over Manaphy. An advantage or some feature to adapt to it's environment. But it's literally just worse in every single way. And significantly.
So Manaphy breeding in cold water is pretty much like a mom drinking a lot during pregnancy.
>>
>>32169237
Phione is larger and heavier than Manaphy. It also has a floatation sac, which Manaphy does not have.
>>
>>32169237
Phione is adapted to drift on warm seas and travels in packs.
Manaphy is typically hatched from a single egg in a cold sea, at the bottom of the ocean. It also swims a lot more instead of passively drifting.
>>
>>32169051
it would need eviolite and tail glow to minimally usable
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.