[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug Monotype Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: bug.png (14KB, 541x45px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
14KB, 541x45px
so, im thinking of making a bug monotype, and i want to know if my pokemon are a good choice, and if so, could you recommend movesets and stats?
>>
File: galvantula_by_burrii-d6yyybh.png (533KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
galvantula_by_burrii-d6yyybh.png
533KB, 1024x637px
>not having the best bug type
>>
>>32160234
well, who should i replace?
>>
>>32160301
Vivillon.
And unfortunately, several pokes do Beedrills job better than him, unless you're using a mega stone.
>>
File: bug.png (17KB, 544x49px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
17KB, 544x49px
>>32160335
vivillon gone, and beedrill is mega
>>
File: bug_pokemon_by_taeryne.jpg (501KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bug_pokemon_by_taeryne.jpg
501KB, 800x1000px
>>32160173
Vivillion can be annoying but I imagine that it can also be risky to run. Maybe consider another choice.

Shedinja, as much as I absolutely love it, is VERY situational and unless you're out to meme it just can't do much.

I love running bug myself and have to say, be wary of dragons and fairies. Beedrill is obviously nice for fairies but with how delicate it is it can lead to difficult situations. consider scizor, or if you want to be more risky durant is also fun. Though really whenever I run bug dragon is the bane of my existence. Obviously they'll have one with flying stab and with how popular flynium z is right now they basically have a free kill no matter what. Possibly consider sash rimbombee, not the best thing but it certainty helps. Also maybe a hazard setter could help, you need as much damage as you can get. Forrestress is probably the best though I like shuckle and crustle as well. I've had games won only because I got sticky web up with shuckle, it can really change a game.
>>32160234
>>32160335
Galvantula would be the ideal special attacker had volcarona not existed. Still good for bulky water typrs and I like running HP ice for surprise kills on chomp and some other shit.
>>
>>32160365
that's a lot of suggestions, could i get a tl;dr of what you want me to do?
>>
>>32160398
Remove good ol' sheddy

Get scizor for more fairy support and priority.

Consider rimbombee for dragons as bug has little to counter it with.

Consider adding something for setting up hazards. Spikes/toxic spikes are always nice and stealth rock helps with flying and fire types.

Also I just noticed that pic has every kanto and johto bug except shuckle, why did they forget the best pokemon?
>>
>>32160173

Armaldo is a huge help as it gets access to stealth rock, rapid spin, and is neutral to flying/fire attacks.

Galvantula is good, fast, sticky web, powerful thunder etc.

Pheromosa is literally Mega Beedrill but better in every way. I love mega beedrill but if you want to win, mega bee's gotta go. Mega Scizor or Mega pinsir are much better uses of your mega slot

I prefer mega pinsir as my mega. Having a powerful source of flying attack damage really helps, and more useful priority is always better.

I love forretress on my team, it can be more hazard control, and its slow volt switches allow its team mates to come in safely, which lets face it, bug types can barely take hits most of the time.

I've never tried araquanid in monotype, but the fire resist may be incredibly useful. Otherwise it kind of disappoints me in online singles.

Volcarona is fantastic, don't change that one bit.

Finally scizor. I personally think mega scizor isn't that much better than normal scizor to justify the mega slot, but a lot of people prefer scizor as their mega. The thing is, scizor is best at boosting and roosting off damage, but when your entire team shares similar weaknesses, mega scizor can't really boost as effectively, as when the opponent brings in a fire type, there's barely any safe switches. That's why monotype typically favors hyper offensive, especially bugs.
>>
File: bug.png (14KB, 544x45px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
14KB, 544x45px
>>32160435
shedinja gone, ribombee in its place
should scizor replace beedrill as my mega, or do i replace something else with scizor?
>>
>>32160454

Adding to what I said earlier, shedinja is awful in bug monotype, because it shares weaknesses to the rest of your team. Shedinja works best when a pokemon that is weak to shedinja's immunities switches into shedinja, and then shedinja can switch out to a pokemon that resists shedinja's weaknesses. That doesn't work one bit in monotype
>>
File: 1408781443192.jpg (233KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1408781443192.jpg
233KB, 800x800px
>>32160457
As much as I do love galvantula probably replace it with scizor. It is good but with bug you need the best you can get.

For your mega slot consider pinsir honestly. I don't think scizor as the mega is worth it as it functions fine with out it. Mega pinsir is delicate but it really can sweep well.

Also see >>32160454 pretty good suggestions. Mostly just play and see what fits your style, its hard to cover every need of bug with only six slots honestly. Bug is a hard type to run in all honesty.
>>
File: bug.png (14KB, 540x45px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
14KB, 540x45px
>>32160454
mega pinsir, and i don't need 2 bug fighting types (the rough draft for my team first had heracross and buzzwole, i wanted buzzwole for the meme and heracross, since its my favorite bug)
forretress and scizor sound nice, but the 4x to fire puts me of from them, as fire is going to be a problem for almost all of my team
>>
so, i think i'll test >>32160491 (unless somebody thinks its unpolished)
what's their movesets and statistics?
>>
File: 1427241573431.jpg (152KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
1427241573431.jpg
152KB, 640x467px
>>32160491
Okay but they're ONLY weak to fire. Bug nullifies steel's weakness to ground and fighting and steel nullifies bug's weakness to flying and rock. Scizor is worth it.
>>
>>32160398

Not him, but I'll give a tl;dr of my post here >>32160454

Volcarona, Scizor, Forretress, Armaldo, Mega Pinsir, Galvantual works pretty well for me.

Armaldo leads for stealth rock and can be useful if they have fire types that threaten you. Galvantula is also a good lead with sticky web, and gets good thunders on bulky waters/flying types. Sticky web synergizes especially well with Mega Pinsir to let it get off returns on pretty much anything without having to resort to quick attack. Mega Pinsir is a good clean up/revenge killer though, just use forretress and or armaldo to keep rocks away, your team really doesn't want rocks at all. Treat Volcarona as your special wall, it's kind of the best bug has got. It can take the weaker fire attacks and can roost them off. Scizor is just an all around good pokemon, but honestly I'm thinking of replacing it with Pheromosa. Scizor can't sponge attacks like forretress can, which forretress will be your best bet for a physical wall, but is most useful in hazard management and then using slow volt switches to switch in other members safely.
>>
>>32160491

yeah, bug doesn't have much for fire, that's why you kind of have to rely on volcarona and armaldo. Otherwise if you are really afraid of fire, you might want to consider araquanid, it takes fire attacks like a fucking beast and it lets your bug/steels have a safe switch in. You will definitely want to replace golisopod for sure, so araquanid might be a better choice. Golisopod is honestly quite bad with its ability. First impression isn't even that good of an asset as you;ll have plenty of chances to deal bug damage with bug buzz and u turn
>>
>>32160491
>and heracross, since its my favorite bug)

You might be able to make it work. Choice scarf heracross was one of my biggest assets in gen 4 and 5 monotype, but power creep/fairies hit heracross hard. It gained knock off which can be useful for bulky ghosts, but otherwise heracross can't really afford to just spam close combat any more

I'll give you another piece of advice, keep bug attacks to a minimum, even though you are doing monobug. It's honestly the worst attacking type in the game imo. Uturn is fine because it has functionality, and bug buzz can be useful on a few pokemon, but otherwise it's not worth the slot most of the time. That heracross I ran in gen 4/5 almost NEVER used megahorn
>>
File: bug.png (16KB, 546x49px) Image search: [Google]
bug.png
16KB, 546x49px
its nice to see people interested in my team, but i'm going to stick to pic, after 3 battles, if unsuccessful, i'll take pokemon suggestions again
but for now, i would like moveset and stat suggestions
>>
>>32160563

M pinsir
Earthquake (I know close combat is kind of preferred, but you don't get a ton of other opportunities for ground attacks)
Swords dance
Return
Quick attack

Pheromosa (modest for those sp attack boosts)
Ice beam
Focus blast (I like fightium Z so you can get a really powerful fighting attack without risking the miss)
Quiver dance
bug buzz

Forretress (impish with zero speed IVs, 252 hp,252 def)
Stealth rock
Rapid spin
Gyro ball (even with no attack investment, you'll be surprised at the damage this does if only because of speed creep)
Volt switch

Araquanid (252 hp, 252 attack)
Liquidation
Leech life/lunge
toxic
Substitute?

Volcarona timid 100speed, 252 sp def. 152 sp attack or HP
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance
Hurricane
Roost

I'd say ribombee is the weakest link here but if you want to use it just use a standard timid quiver dance set. Moon blast/bug buzz/quiver dance/HP fire or ice.
>>
File: bug2.png (2KB, 345x20px) Image search: [Google]
bug2.png
2KB, 345x20px
uh oh
>>
note: not finished (obviously)
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Armaldo
Ability: Swift Swim
IVs: 0 Atk

Forretress
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Araquanid
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Substitute

Volcarona
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 156 SpA / 252 SpD / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

Ribombee
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
>>
>>32160667
That sucks. I didn't know that, and ice beam was an important asset to that team for dragons. Maybe ribombee will be slightly useful after all, but that sucks. I'm guessing genesect would be banned too. (On the off chance genesect isn't banned that could be even better as genesect can take a stone edge, but don't get your hopes up)
>>
Use leavanny
>>
i tried making a team on my own
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Heracross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Substitute

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

Ribombee @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
by "team" i mean items, evs, and heracross
>>32161222
nice trips, i'll consider
>>
>>32161242
You really need something with Sticky Web if you want to really use that Heracross, since on its own it isn't fast enough to do anything useful.
It will also help Volcarona and Ribombee to outspeed most things that would normally scare them.
Or you can just give Heracross a Choice Scarf, but you're going to be locked on just one move.

Also, I'd suggest to drop Hurricane for Volcarona since without rain I don't really feel comfortable using a move with a 30% chance to miss. Dunno what you can use an alternative, you have more than enough Bug type moves and Volcarona only has Giga Drain or Psychic as coverage options.
>>
>>32160234
That's not pheromosa
>>
>>32160365
>situational
is there a pokemon that isn't situational? What's this tank/healer/sweeper?
>>
>>32161586
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Heracross @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Galvantula
Ability: Compound Eyes
- Sticky Web

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Roost

Ribombee @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
couldn't get rid of anything else, what do i give galvantula?
>>
Galvantula @ Electrium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Charge Beam
>inb4 bad galvantula
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.