[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ability: Pressure >Hidden Ability: Unnerve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: 1287991401712.jpg (41KB, 287x499px) Image search: [Google]
1287991401712.jpg
41KB, 287x499px
>Ability: Pressure
>Hidden Ability: Unnerve
>>
Unnerve would at least be usable if it affected all food-based items, including Leftovers
>>
File: Madcat.jpg (213KB, 487x573px) Image search: [Google]
Madcat.jpg
213KB, 487x573px
>Ability: Vital Spirit
>Hidden Ability: Insomnia
>>
File: no funeral.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
no funeral.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>hidden ability: inner focus
>>
>>32160196
those are good abilities if not for the sleep clause.
(but yeah it'd still be silly)
>>
>>32160163

Vespiquen could have had fucking honey harvest which would be like a permanent lefotvers.

Or something akin to parental bond

Or maybe ever attack causes infestation damage.

I don't know. Maybe they'll fix vespiquen in DiaPer remakes
>>
File: 250px-225Delibird.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-225Delibird.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>32160211
>he doesn't know
>>
>>32160204
insomnia/forewarn /inner focus
>>
>>32160263
being hypno is suffering
>>
>>32160248
well, thats the pokemon fault not the abilities.

>>32160263
forewarn can you help deduct which build you are facing, and inner focus at least protect you from cheap tricks like paraflinch or the annoying fakeout
>>
>>32160248
You know. Delibird need to stay awake all the night for deliver presents around the world.
>>
File: jellicent.png (604KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
jellicent.png
604KB, 1280x1280px
>Ghost type
>Hidden ability is damp

you can't make this shit up
>>
>>32160319
Do any scrappy mons even learn explosion?
>>
>>32160329
no
>>
>>32160319
>Galvanize Golem
>>
>>32160329
No, so it was actually an ability that exclusively benefitted the opponent. until Alolan golem came along, all calculated ;)))))))
>>
>>32160350
Except that didn't exist at the time and there's no fucking way GF planned that far ahead. That ability is situational af.
>>
>>32160319
maybe damp affects other explosive moves, like fireblast?

>>32160370
>pink pokemons with floral patterns
>>
>levitate
>no other abilities

It's a good ability but I hate it for that reason. You can't really afford to have something else. It worked for gengar because it was actually weak to ground, but on shit like flygon and rotom ESPECIALLY fucking rotom. Rotom-fan is a travesty.
>>
>>32160382
No, exclusively self destruct and explosion
>>
>>32160383
>he doesn't use Air Balloon Fan Rotom
>>
>>32160390
have you tried it ingame?
>>
>hidden ability: steadfast
>hidden ability: water veil
>hidden ability: vital spirit
>>
File: rotom fan.jpg (12KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
rotom fan.jpg
12KB, 220x229px
>>32160432
>TFW thousand arrows can still smack you down when you're floating THIS HARD

It's not fair, I tell you.
>>
>legendary Pokémon
>it's a Psychic type
>one of its abilities is Pressure
GF needs to stop making Psychic type legendaries.
>>
>>32160470
It used to be a blanket typing for "magical/mysterious" Pokemon before Fairy came along, so it was just the go-to.
>>
>>32160439
Come on anon, a look at bulbapedia or serebii will tell you definitively. I'm not injecting a fucking explosion mon and finding a wild dampmon just because you can't accept facts
>>
>>32160478
i know what the wikis says.
have you actually tried it?

i don't have a 3ds.

look, all you have to do is start a double battle, one of your mons have damp the other fire blast. its not that hard.
>>
>>32160519
I'm not degrading myself by doing this shitty chore for you, fuck you

Even the in game description says "prevents self-destruction", that's it
>>
>>32160470
well it helps if you make your opponent miss a move with 8pp 4 times by using protect substitute or getting lucky with focus miss or fire miss or missard or thunder, etc missing
>>
>>32160319
maybe damp affect other moves beside explosion and self destruct?

>>32160537
'prevents self destruction' can also means recoil moves and confusion, belly drum, substitute and ghost curse

no one is forcing you to do anything. just don't pretend you know shit when you don't.
>>
File: sLe13h3.jpg (195KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
sLe13h3.jpg
195KB, 1224x1445px
>>32160585
>>
File: umad qb.jpg (9KB, 268x178px) Image search: [Google]
umad qb.jpg
9KB, 268x178px
>>32160598
>>
>>32160585
>can also means recoil moves and confusion, belly drum, substitute and ghost curse
no it can't, none of those moves directly kill you, just detract from your health. It's not an all out loss, it's a calculated slight loss. Self-destruction means you purposely destroy yourself, and those moves don't do so. Hell, sub and drum wont even activate if you don't have enough health.
>>
>>32160682
>it isn't self destruction if it isn't total self destruction
I'm glad you replied but i must question your logic. why does it have to be complete self destruction?

anyway, does damp affect healing wish or memento? those are also complete self-destruct moves.
>>
is that you asking all this damp stuff, OHMYGODKILL?
>>
>>32160715
I think when it says "self-destruction" it means in the sense of actual destruction and not just damaging or self harm. Healing wish and memento both harm the user, but the user doesn't end up destroyed, neither do those moves (well, I'm not sure about curse on ghosts though).

Explosion and self-destruct on the other hand are actual destruction, the user blows up either part of themselves or just causes the explosion with some kind of mechanism. Either way, some kind of powerfull destruction happens which triggers the massive damage and ""kills"" the user.

That's how I see it at least, I'm not the other guy or know for sure but I seriously doubt damp prevents general self harm.
>>
>>32160747
no. just some anon that wished damp affected fire moves so he could use his bro parasect.

>>32160748
well, thank you for your thought but do you know if anyone tested damp in gen7?
>>
>>32160765
Not that I'm aware, but honestly that kind of stuff is often rather datamined than field tested, which is why I trust the validity of the wikis on that regard. This isn't a "what if tornadus used roost?" kind of deal, it's just what an ability does.
>>
>>32160383
>shit on Rotom

Aside from Rotom-fan and mow it's incredibly useful you dip. Heat avoids a x4 weakness, and wash is left with only one weakness from a type that no one carries unless it's for STAB. Wash would be ten times less annoying without Levitate because everyone and their mother carries Earthquake
>>
>>32160854
I know it's useful on certain Rotom forms bitch. I'm talking more about Rotom fan which is redundant as all hell.
>>
>>32160163
It should get Berserk as hidden ability instead, fits very well
>>
>>32160163
Other ability is rock head, only move that can benefit from the ability is non stab double edge
>>
>>32160178
This
Leftovers needs a nerf
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.