[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 4 is the best gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon_platinum_main_169.jpg (72KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_platinum_main_169.jpg
72KB, 588x331px
Refute this.
>>
>>32159194
Its okay but I honestly find gen 5 the best of the series overall.

Also, t.hoennbaby who started with sapphire.
>>
>>32159194
I can't. Platinum and HGSS were the peak of the franchise.
>>
>>32159194
I can't
>>
>>32159194
Sun and Moon exist.
>>
>>32159194
And I've been playing since the beginning. I think it's because it's the perfect balance of new and old. It is old enough to still have the charm of the sprite artwork and the nostalgia of the remakes but new enough to have the proper mechanics and variety.
>>
>>32159194
>second gen with a decent amount of forgettable Pokémon
>first two games are arguably impossible to play compared to the third game
>2 fire types
>remakes show that Gen 2 was ass and it needed a revamp

Otherwise, fun. 4th or 3rd best gen.
>>
What's with all this Hoenn and Sinnoh shilling lately? Just curious
>>32159194
Good but overrated. I wouldn't call it the best but one of the top ones aside from D/P kinda sucking
>>
>>32159194
While I do hold Platinum as one of my favorite pokemon games. I prefer 3rd gen
>>
>>32159194
Best girls but otherwise nah.
>>
Gen1 OG here who got back into the Pokemon with Platinum so I agree. I like the music a lot, and it has fucking GOD as a Pokemon in it.
>>
File: aegislash line_by_mrredbutcher.jpg (146KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
aegislash line_by_mrredbutcher.jpg
146KB, 1131x707px
> Great map design
> Easy to use and convenient online functions
> introduced great pokemon that are still used regularly (not just the legendaries!)
> Super easy to train up pokemon stats.

Yes, I really love six.
>>
>>32159194
If gen 4 isn't the worst of the series, even worst than gen 6, i can think that this fandom have the tastes in the ass.
>>
>>32159194
4 was my first but I still prefer 5. In my honest opinion, 5>4>2>3>1>7>6
>>
>>32159194
Only underage and idiots like this gen. It was boring, badly designed, with forgettable characters and an afwully thought dex (both as in new Pokémon introduced, both as a Regional Dex).
God, I wish DP get remakes soon so all these sinnohfetuses will stop bitching.
>>
>>32159194
if platinum had infinite TMs it'd be the best pokemon game
>>
>>32159194
>Gen 4 is the best gen
People just do that? Go to the internet and lie?

>Refute this
Sure, as soon as you provide an argument that can be refuted.
>>
>>32159194
It's a very middle of the road game in the frachise, not as good as unova, hoenn, and alola, but still better than kanto, kalos, and jhoto.
>>
>>32161512
>Not an argument
>>
it's not. Hoenn and Unova were better
Gen 4 is still my favorite tho
>>
>>32159194
I- I can't. Gen 4 was the absolute peak of the franchise. This is coming from somebody who grew up with Gen 3.
>>
When they remake it with Platinum improvements, Infinite TMs, no HMs, more Postgame content, and regional forms to add more fire types it will be the best in the series.
>>
>>32159804
This
>>
>>32162994
And also XP Share I guess... Megas can fuck right off to the post game where they belong though.
>>
>>32162994
>Pokemon in 2017
>post game content

Anon...
>>
File: 1469651864809.png (224KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469651864809.png
224KB, 500x500px
>>32162994
>Post-game
>In a post-gen6 pokemon game
>>
>>32159194
I cannot
PtHGSS are my favorite games
>>
The DS era was the best for Pokémon games
Platinum, HGSS and Black/White 2 are the best games in the series
>>
>>32159194
it has DP weighing down plat
>>
>>32159194
I can't. Gen 5 is almost as good, but I'd say they're about even.
>>
>>32159194
>DP are terrible first games and are incredibly slow and bogged down by a garbage Pokedex
>Platinum is STILL slow despite the saving and surfing speed fix and the dex improvement is marginal
>Snow routes and swampland are both complete ass when combined with gen 4's garbage running speed
>HGSS was a decent remake but it failed to address the most critical issue of all - level scaling
Honestly the fact that Wi-fi is down now hurts gen 4 the most. Defog is probably my personally most disliked HM (it feels more thrown in than anything else), and I don't like the massive amounts of legends they threw in.

In addition, while HGSS is good it needed a bit more to be a truly perfect remake.

So no, gen 4 isn't the best gen. That award goes to it's all shit, jan
>>
>>32159194
I tried to like it. It always felt super dull. Probably my least favorite dex.
>>
>>32165070

>Including HG/SS but not B/W

Explain yourself.
>>
2009-2012 is the golden age of pokemon

>tfw you didnt play any of these games until 2 months ago
>>
too slow
>>
>>32165118
Don't get me wrong. BW is amazing but I put BW2 there, it is kind of a "remake" that is just better in every way. Just like I just put Platinum and not DP (But DP is actually not that good)
>>
>>32159194
correct
>>
>>32161444
Go suck a dick, retard
>>
concepts like "good" and "bad" or "best" and "worst" are merely memes of the non-internet variety
>>
>>32159194
Ok.

>terribly designed region that forces you to backtrack constantly
>terrible looking region (compare 4 and 5's visuals on any town or route)
>low-tier story, while it wasn't particularly bad, it was just a rehash of gen 3's
>laughably terrible evil team, Galactic has terrible writing, designs, and motives
>pretty much every character is flat and with no personality (the same problem with 1-3)
>slowness
>oh god the slowness
>the slowness itself could ruin the entire fucking generation
>terrible cover legends, giratina was okay but dialga and palkia look fucking retarded
>really pushed the "ZOMG LEGENDARIES R GODS!!!!" narrative, making unnecessarily powerful legends lore-wise for no reason
>battle music was slow-paced and boring, something that worked for town and route themes but definitely not for battles
>difficulty was ass, this is a casual handheld game, I shouldn't have to grind more than a couple levels for each mon
>regional dex is god-awful (this problem was somewhat fixed in platinum)

Those are the biggest flaws I can think of right now.

It's totally find to love your childhood games. We all do, myself included. But the important thing is to still look at them objectively. I love Bowser's Inside Story, but I can still see the many flaws in it and look at it from an honest standpoint. It's difficult, but still important.

To be completely honest, 4 wasn't terrible. There are gens much worse than it. Platinum was okay and HGSS are amazing. There's just nothing that they really did exemplarly in.

>>32161444
trips of truth
>>
File: Dandp.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dandp.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
Done
>>
>>32171342
this

>inb4 platinum f-fixed it all
no it fucking didn't, Platinum barely scratched any of the two major flaws of DP which were the terrible story and unbearablr slowness
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.