[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We come up with new New Gen 8 Battle Mechanic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Similar to Mega Evolution and Z-Moves we make up new mechanics that are similar. I'll start.

Idea One:
>Hidden Attributes
It's a new mechanic where some Pokémon can gain another type during battle, with a slight form change and or altered color pallette. Some types could be brand new, such as heavily demanded Sound type, Light type, Cosmic type, and Bird type. It could add a twist the meta and even make some shit tier Pokemon viable.

Idea Two:
>PokéArmor
Think Pokémon themed Battle armor. For example Lucario Armor will add Fighting type to the holder, Dragonite armor will add Flying, Raichu armor will add Electric, etc. Pokemon themed Battle Armors will most likely only compatible with certain Pokémon.

Or Battle Armor similar to Mewtwo's armour in 'Pokémon: The First Movie.'

Or literal battle armor based on different armors throughout history.

Or battle armor made for specific Pokémon with a slight form change. It could add additional types, or stat boosts to the Pokémon as well.
>>
>Anger
sometimes pokemon gets angry
>>
>>32158252
>Mega Z-Moves
Pow: 250
Happens when a Mega Evolution uses a Z-move. Instead of using a regular Z-move, the Z power reacts to the Mega energy, creating a new Z-move. Damaging Mega Z-moves ignore all type imunities, and abilties, however the user faints after use. It's not hard, just make it so that you can only activate 1 Z crystal, instead of wasting a held item slot.
>>
File: 1490062424814.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1490062424814.png
40KB, 152x254px
How about

>Battle Armor
>halves boths attack stats and sharply boosts defense stats when held
>when the item has been knocked off your defense stats go back to normal but your ATK and SP. ATK is doubled until switched out or faints
>>
>>32158252
A dodge button.
>>
I just want the current UI to be replaced with a microphone where you have to yell the moves at the Pokemon for it to attack.

"Pikachu, use IRON TAIL!!!"
>>
Held items which add a third type to a Pokemon.
>>
>>32158351
But that would require 2 held items, anon-kun.
>>
>>32158437
It won't if you could equip the Z crystal to the Z ring instead of the Pokemon. Just go to you Z crystal pocket, select a a Z crystal, and select "Equip to Z Ring".
>>
Some kind of "mega rig"
only +50, takes up a mega slot, but can be used on any pokemon

ex. mega rig physical atk: +20 +10 +5 +5 +10
mega rig special would be the same but inverted
mega rig physical defense: +10 +25 +0 +10 +0
and then the special version
mega rig tank: +10 +20 +10 +20 -10
mega rig support: +5 +5 +5 +5 +30 (ability activates again)

wouldn't work that already have a mega, could also have a life orb like effect, because you're forcing mega evolution
>>
>>32158483
by life orb effect i mean the recoil not the damage boost
>>
>>32158252
I can think in two things:

>Ultra Abilities
Every Pokémon has access to a fourth ability by holding an item that changes its ability to an ability that can be used exclusively by this way. Only one Pokémon can have an Ultra Ability item in your team.

>Supreme Items
Are items that do the same as existant items but with an improved effect (Focus Sash+ increases the holder's Speed by 1 stage in addition to its regular effect, Life Orb+ also increases Defense and Sp. Defense by 20%, Leftovers+ heals twice the amount of restored HP, Bright Powder+ increases by 1 stage the holder's Accuracy and Evasion, etc.)
>>
>>32158483
i like this idea, something to make anyone's favorite shitmon at least sem-viable
>>
Cross armor mode:
The bond between a pokemon and its trainer is strengthened with a medium and that medium is the pokeball,

- in battle the pokeball flies around the pokemon & merges together and gains armor bilities depending on the ball types :)

- similar to Eviolite, the Armorite can only be equipped to a pokemon that can still evolve. It makes sense bcos pokeballs has been around since ancient times.

The pokemon's gains power ups and 2nd ability like
- fastball
Boost: +50 speed +25 atk +25 sp atk
2nd ability: fastforce - moves with same type as user gains priority.
-moonball
Boost: +50 hp +25 def +25 spdef
2nd ability: Moonforce - powers up allies moves and opponent can only target the user.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.