[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canon starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: allstarters_610.jpg (74KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
allstarters_610.jpg
74KB, 610x407px
Gen 1: Pikachu (Red's team has Pikachu and all three starters, suggesting that Yellow is canon)
Gen 2: Typhlosion (Feraligatr's more fierce appearance fits Silver the best, the kid who looks like Gold in Pokemon Chronicles had a Typhlosion)
Gen 3: Sceptile (May had a Torchic in the anime, she has the starter strong against yours in the games)
Gen 4: Torterra (Dawn had a Piplup in the anime, she has the starter weak against yours in the games)
Gen 5 (B/W): Samurott (Bianca has an Emboar in the anime, she has the starter weak against yours in the game)
Gen 5 (B2/W2): Emboar (Hugh has a Samurott in the anime, he has the starter strong against yours in the game)
Gen 6: Chesnaught (Serena has a Fennekin in the anime, she has the starter strong against yours in the game)
Gen 7: Decidueye (Hau is a faggot so Primarina fits him well, Kukui is a wrestler so Incineroar fits him well)

Also only male characters are canon, which is why Ash remains the protagonist in the anime.
>>
>makes up arbitrary rules
>calls it canon
Nice thread
>>
File: 1489262438505.png (3MB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
1489262438505.png
3MB, 1378x2039px
>>32154093
Not sure about Decidueye for Sun, Popplio(line)'s color scheme fits him way more. Birb is more for Chicken-chan, imo.
All the other reasoning you gave for your decisions is really debatable as well.
>>32154109
>>32154124
Good arguments, great job as always
>>
>>32154142
Thanks, wish I could say the same about your shitty thread :(
>>
>>32154151
So for an actual faggot, as was the premise in the post, this means that Primarina is definitely a more logical choice.

Also, are you projecting? You seem really upset with Decidueye's design somehow.
>>
>>32154172
It's not an argument, it's a question. What's wrong with Decidueye that has made you this upset about it?
>>
File: Brenden and Swampert.png (501KB, 714x390px) Image search: [Google]
Brenden and Swampert.png
501KB, 714x390px
>>32154093
>Brenden
>Sceptile

His starter is Swampert!
>>
>>32154176
Not him, but you seem pretty upset as well about Primarina, just saying: >>32154124
>>
>>32154199
Fair enough, though I used these traits as an argument as to why it's a more obvious choice for a gay character. I don't have a problem with Primarina, personally.
>>
>>32154189
kek
OP BTFO
>>
>>32154211
If you really don't have a problem with it, then you get upset about criticism against Decidueye pretty easily. I suggest you try to give it less weight, you'll just look like a fanboy this way.
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (38KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
38KB, 640x428px
>>32154093
>Canon
>Anime
>>
I wonder if the fandom would shit itself if the next game gave the player a choice of more then 3 starters, like 5.

Or just different types than grass, water, fire for the starters.

I know it's tradition, but does that mean it always has to be like that?
>>
>>32154148
are you a literal retard
>>
Red - Venusaur
Hibiki- Typhlosion
Yuuki - Sceptile
Kouki - Empoleon
Touya - Samurott
Kyouhei - Emboar
Calm - Greninja
You - Decidueye
>>
Gen 1: Red with Charizard, Blue with Blastoise
Gen 2: Gold with Thyphlosion and Togekiss, Silver with Feraligatr, Lyra with Marill
Gen 3: Brendan with Swampert, May with Blaziken, Wally with Gallade.
Gen 4: Lucas with Torterra, Barry with Infernape, Dawn with Empoleon.
Gen 5: Hilbert with Samurott, Bianca with Emboar, Cheren with Serperior.
BW2: Nate with Emboar, Hugh with Samurott
Gen 6: Calem with Greninja, Serena with Delphox, Shauna with Chesnaught, Trevor with Raichu, Tierno with Crawdaunt.
Gen 7: Sun with Incineroar, Hau with Decidueye.
>>
File: Hitokage VS Fushigidane.jpg (359KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hitokage VS Fushigidane.jpg
359KB, 700x1000px
Reminder, they aren't Red and Blue with red starte and blue starter, but Red and Green with green starter and red starter
>>
>>32154276
They tried to do that in gen 6 with the dark/psychic/fight trio
but then gamefreak decided to throw that triangle into the fucking trash when they allowed smogonfrog to turn into every fucking type.
>>
File: xy.png (3MB, 1481x1034px) Image search: [Google]
xy.png
3MB, 1481x1034px
>>32154287
>Red with red mon and Blue with blue mon
More like Red with green mon and Green with red mon

>Brendan with Swampert
>May with Blaziken
Yeah not happening, his starter is Sceptile.

>Lucas with Torterra
According to the art, Torterra is Barry's and Infernape is Dawn's so Lucas' starter is Empoleon.

>Calem with Greninja, Serena with Delphox
Same problem as your gen 3. Calem's is Greninja, Serena's is Chesnaught. Delphox is non-MC Serena's starter.

>Sun with Incineroar
I don't even understant why do you people keep pretending Incineroar isn't Kukui's starter.
>>
>>32154349
Isn't Rockruff technically Kukui's starter?
>>
>>32154093
Is there any particular order to that picture?
>>
>>32154395
Alphabetical, now that you mention it.
>>
>>32154093
>May had a Torchic in the anime, she has the starter strong against yours in the games
Then have the canon protagonist be May with Torchic and then Brendan has Swampert which is canon, as seen >>32154189 AND in the manga
>>
Playing the Johto games with Totodile always felt weird. I think Chikorita doesn't look right with Silver.
>>
>>32154349
If we're using arbitrary rules here, Sun's default outfit has Litten style shoes while Hau has green hair that compliments the Rowlet line.

Also, manga.
>>
>>32154453
I personally think it just makes beating him all the more hilarious, especially if you use a female MC.
>I'm going to get the starter with a type advantage over yours!
>Ends up with a faggy plant dinosaur while you have a cold blooded alligator.
>>
>>32154425
I like the manga's system for dealing out the MC's starters.
Just have the starter get the type advantage over the last MC's starter.
>>
>>32154454
>Sun's default outfit has Litten style shoes
What? >>32154142
>>
No such thing as canon starters or protags.
>>
>>32154498
Ah shit I got it mixed up.
It was Moon who had the Litten shoes.
>>
Grass/Fire/Water/Grass/Fire/Water/Grass seems to fit pretty well for the gens
>>
>>32154533
That's what Adventures goes by.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.