[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G1 Ground Types

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Kanto has a lot of badass Ground types. Who's your go-to?
>>
>>32154040
Nidoking has always been a personal favorite, especially because you can get a full evolved Nidoking before 2nd Gym. Then there's Dugtrio, whom I love for many, many reasons. Either one of these two.
>>
Nidos easily. Golem in Johto, but I'm not especially fond of Golem.

Sandslash and Dugtrio were great in Gen 1 ingame, but aren't that good now.
>>
Dugtrio because you could just catch one in the diglett cave and smash the electric gym with it and it could be useful for the rest of the game
Apart from that, none, i just used the earthquake tm for the league
>>
File: 600full-rhydon.png (187KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
600full-rhydon.png
187KB, 400x300px
Rhydon was the strongest and coolest looking. But you can't get one until late game. Golem is a good substitution if you can trade.

If neither, there's Nidoking as others have said. Pretty strong and versatile in-game, and early. But I like having Gengar on my team and don't like doubling up on Poison types.

So for me it's Golem if I want Gengar, Nidoking if I don't, and Rhydon overall if we're not looking at the main game.
>>
>>32154040
Nidoking and nidoqueen. Back in yellow i always had both on my team (also a gyarados from the guy that sells magikarp) then late game id always catch rhyhorn because of how cool it was.
>>
my kanto team is invariably some mix of gengar, clefairy/wigglytuff, jolteon, and ninetales with a random water and flying tacked on

so, none
>>
>>32154040
Sandslash

Even now it can still rape the sluggish rock, flying, and steel types, and a handful of other particular pokemon.
>>
File: nidoqueen.png (86KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
nidoqueen.png
86KB, 200x200px
Nidoqueen for fug
>>
>>32154040
Ninoking and Queen though i prefer Nidoking.
>>
>>32154040
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Rhydon
>>
File: Dugtrio.full.1541359.jpg (201KB, 794x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dugtrio.full.1541359.jpg
201KB, 794x700px
>>32154040
Dugtrio. As a kid I basically soloed yellow with it. Earthquake and slash slaughteted everything.
>>
>Rhyperior
>Alolan Golem
>Alolan Marowak
>Alolan Dugtrio
>Alolan Sandslash

Man, the Nidos are the only recognizable ones anymore.
>>
>>32154040
>manlet Nidoking
>badass
>>
>>32155227
How does that meme even apply in the context of monsters and animals?
>>
>gen 1
marowak
>gen 2
quagsire
>gen 3
claydol
>gen 4
gliscor
>gen 5
excadrill
>overall
gliscor
fuck gen 6 and 7
>>
>>32154086
>Dugtrio
>not that good now
Sure if you mean Alolan Dugtrio but normal Dugtrio is an OU staple.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.