[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were baby Pokemon pre-evolutions the worst idea in the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: magby.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
magby.png
48KB, 250x250px
Were baby Pokemon pre-evolutions the worst idea in the history of Pokemon?
>>
>>32152480
>what are HMs
>>
>>32152494
HMs were fine in gen 1 for advancing in the story. Babies exist only to sell merch and needlessly pad the dex
>>
>>32152480
Egg moves
>>
>>32152480
I like this idea for big pokemon, ..but pichu was a mistake
>>
>>32152480
Yeah, probably. It's that or obscure Pokemon getting methods like headbutting trees and fucking honey slathering.
>>
>>32152480
No, Ultra Beasts are.
>>
just give me this GF
>>
File: 1489954671817.jpg (85KB, 598x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489954671817.jpg
85KB, 598x500px
>>32152560

UBs did nothing wrong
>>
>>32152560
Explain why.
>>
>>32152480
No megas are.
>>
No. Ripping off Gen I time and time again is.
>>
>>32152513
>egg moves on baby Pokes that need Incense
Fuck everything everywhere forever.
>>
>>32152752
Megas are awesome.

Way better than Z-Moves
>>
>>32152480
>what are z-moves
>>
Babies would be fine if they gave access to more moves.
>>
>>32152480
That's not a Z-move
>>
Babymons are great, though. As long as they're added to the dex, I mean. Do like Gen 4 and V did where some baby mons were available early on (Budew and Magby for example) and it would be much better implemented. It would allow for previously late-game mons to be acquired early-game and not be too strong. Also, it's a new mon, doesn't hurt. I like 'em

I'm still waiting for my Lickitung prevo, too. I would use it in a heartbeat.
>>
I'd be fine with baby Pokemon if they were available in the wild early on in the game. They were fine in BW2, but they sucked in every game where you have to breed for them.
>>
>>32152480
Z moves
>>
>>32154152
This. Babymons are also great to hack/trade in as an alternate starter.
>>
They were great in that brief period when they had 3 guaranteed IVs
>>
>>32152480
Baby pokemon, and by extension crossgen evos, always add flavor and context to older pokemon designs, so I always welcome them. Expanded movepools through these later additions are just added bonuses.
>>
>>32152854
>Megas are awesome.
Too bad they just had shit distribution to pokemon that didnt need them.
>>
>>32154732
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>32152480
No, I like their designs.

Removing contests instead of improving them were the biggest mistake.

>>32152580
>level 11

In what world? Level 30 at least but if GF still cross gen evos these two would be the first ones in line for a prevo since they have been connected since gen 6.
>>
File: 1490360217108.jpg (59KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1490360217108.jpg
59KB, 640x1136px
>>32152480
I forgot how much I liked magby's design before 3d models...
>>
>>32152551
I actually kind of like the obscure stuff as long as there isn't an arbitrary limitation imposed onto it, like honey slathering.
>>
>>32152480
Yes and I hope they never make anymore.

I don't like cutesy Pokémon, especially when they are pre evolutions to Pokémon people don't like anyway. Who asked for a Wynaut, Tyrogue or Budew?

Don't try and justify them because of egg moves because they could simply add the base Pokemon with the egg move and not have to make a weird looking baby form.
>>
>>32156757
>I don't like cutesy Pokémon,
I don't like Pokémon which aren't cute

>especially when they are pre evolutions to Pokémon people don't like anyway. Who asked for a Wynaut, Tyrogue or Budew?
I like Wobbuffet and Roserade, and Wynaut is A+ in my book
>>
People are kidding themselves if they think there is a reason baby Pokemon exist outside of marketing. They filled the cute Pokemon niche before fairy type existed and that is a nice reason to exist, no need for all the bs about egg moves.
>>
>>32156896
Good for you, seriously, it's good to hear that people like Pokemkn that I don't.

But honestly I don't like them designing new Pokémon when it's purpose is to evolve.
>>
>>32156935
By that logic we shouldn't have any NFE Pokémon at all
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.