[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>How am I going to EV train my pokemon without hoard battles? lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: evelup3.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
evelup3.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>How am I going to EV train my pokemon without hoard battles?

lmao
>>
It isn't even a problem anyway because 8 kills go extremely fast.
>>
Power Item + Pokerus + S.O.S. pokemon (that naturally gives out 1 EV) give you 36 EVs, so you only have to beat 7 of them to max out a stat. They have to be the pokemon called in and NOT the first one you ran into, otherwise that one will give you 18.
>>
Horde battles are literally worthless between power items, Pelago, and Plaza

If you can take the time to get good IVs you will have no issues EV training
>>
>>32150141
it takes about 8 kills in SOS to max a stat with pokerus and the right gear
>>
>>32150141
>how am I going to ev train without hordes
SOS battles. They give high amounts of EVs for every called Pokemon and it's about as easy as hordes were. No big loss there.
>>
>>32150141

Feb 1st Glitch
>>
>>32150141
This was the perfect addition for lazy fucks like me. Drop a Pokemon in there with some beans before bed and it's done when I get home from work the next day.
>>
>>32150226

>About as easy as Hordes were

And the Earth's about as big as the Sun.
>>
>have to wait like half an hour for 8 EV's
>actually using it over SOS for simple 252/252/4 spreads, which is already slower and less consistent than Hordes
>even fucking Super Training is preferable in speed for precise spreads
>>
>>32150141
>game plays itself for you
>>
>>32150882
>not knowing about the pelago glitch
You can train whatever you want in literally no time.
>>
>>32150810
This, it's great.
Sadly in exchange there is literally nothing to do post-game.
>>
>>32150810
>>32151228
I am angry at people like you for enjoying it.
>>
>>32150882
>put Pokemon in pelago with whatever number amount of training you want
>save your game
>go to the system settings and set your date and time to 23:59 on January 1
>open up the game, let the clock move forward to february 1
>training is done
>>
>>32151688
Meant January 31
>>
>>32151688
>>32151227
>guise this terribly designed mechanic is okay because you can just glitch it!

Seriously might as well just inject at that point.
>>
>>32150860
Well I'm sorry to hear you think that but ok, feel free.
I actually find it even easier.
>>
While EV training is a lot faster now, I really wish the screen showing it actually showed the number of EV's already gained in each stat more accurately.
>>
>>32150141
Thanks to the glitch this is WAY better than horde battles.
>>
Pokepelago is probably the best new feature they've introduced in the series.

I don't care how easy you claim horde/SOS battles are, nothing fucking beats your pokemon EV training over night, without having to infect with pokerus, or get power items, or finding an EV hotspot, and getting a sweet scenter or getting some false swiper. Pokepelago also makes it easy to get specific EV spreads.

If they don't have a feature like this next gen, I don't even know if I'll transfer
>>
>>32151740
>Pokepelago is probably the best new feature they've introduced in the series.
No, it's not even a feature.
>>
>>32151688

does this work for egg hatching in the spa, or item hunts in the caves? That would make shiny breeding much easier
>>
>>32151753
yes
>>
>>32151740
this
I understand people whining about plaza or cut areas or whatever, but the pelago is a great thing.

But come next gen, when they remove it, the same people bitching about it today will whine that it isn't there.
>>
>>32151740
Pelago is fine and serves its own purpose, Island Evelup is however in no way a suitable replacement for Hordes or Super Training. Ideally, they would coexist.
>>
>>32151829

The only disadvantage is that you'd have to wait a day for evel up to do it automatically. For up to 18 pokemon at once.

I guess if you really need a pokemon EV trained THAT DAY then you can SOS battle but I still can't even be assed to do that any more when it's automatic.

I also enjoy how evel up can EV train pokemon while being at level 1 so that I can EV train pokemon and then use them in a new run without being paranoid about my in game pokemon getting bad EVs
>>
>>32150141
Well
There's SOS, about as quick as horde training and doesn't need an AoE move and doesn't have a risk of running into a bad horde (e.g. one outside of the mon you need), so it's pretty decent as a replacement.
And the Pelago, which is great for precision spreads without having to grind battles.

I don't see the issue here. A simple "ev training sunmoon" into google would alleviate your issues easily.
>>
>>32151848
ORAS had only one possible horde in several locations as opposed to SM not having that and things being drawn out by RNG fuckery with Pokemon not calling for help and calls for help failing.

>>32151838
SOS is no good for intricate spreads, just like Hordes, which is the only reason Super Training was relevant before.
>>
>>32151867
Well if you're only counting the optimal locations, SOS has the same thing.
High call, almost never failing Pokemon that are available for each stat. Same thing, or at least close enough to be as convenient.
>>
>>32151867

People ACTUALLY played that shitty minigame for an hour? And they prefer that to just setting them in an island and playing breath of the wild/going to school/going to work then pulling them out?

Woo
>>
>>32151867
if you need a particular but high number, you can SOS to get close to it so you can get the remaining in few sessions. You can always use the EV reducing berries to adjust better
>>
>>32151751
>it obviously and undeniably falls into the definition of the word "feature"
>no no it's not a feature

but please anon tell me why is it that you believe it's not (with luck we'll get something similar to escargo-anon)
>>
>>32152050
It's literally just waiting. If it is a feature, it is absolutely as barebones as it gets.

All those items you can get from the cave for example, they could have put behind some fun and engaging content instead. Like the Pokéathlon, or the Sinnoh underground, or a non-butchered version of the Join Avenue. But no, you just wait.
>>
File: upset miku.gif (64KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
upset miku.gif
64KB, 560x420px
>people hate the pelago now
I know I'm on /vp/ and I'm not allowed to like new things here but this just makes me sad.
>>
>>32152125
I'm just one person anon.

But since XY people have always been complaining about the casualization of the games, I'm not sure how people don't see that a "feature" that literally plays the game for you isn't the ultimate casual pandering. I'm surprised at being so alone in hating it.
>>
Screw hoard battles.
It's the Macho Brace that I miss.
>>
If you want complex spreads, it's as easy as solving a diophantine equation.
>>
>>32152137
I can't really say I see the same side as XY played into with the Pelago.
The problems I had with XY and ORAS was that they gave you VERY powerful gift Pokemon VERY early in the game in tandem with the consistently low levels and the over-beneficial exp gaining formula that they used in gen 6, compared to the one they brought back in 7. They also deliberately gave the player easy, early access to mega evolution, a far more useful feature than the single use Z-moves.

Pelago is just a very nice little side feature that helps out more after the game and requires time invested to actually benefit the player during a singleplayer playthrough and thus doesn't really impact it as much as XYORAS's features did.
>>
>>32152203
Oh and to specify, by "gave" I mean gift Pokemon like Mega Lucario, or Lati@s.
>>
>>32150141
The glitch is the only reason this is good
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.