[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If all legendaries, pseudos and megas were banned regardless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: scared.png (29KB, 148x100px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
29KB, 148x100px
If all legendaries, pseudos and megas were banned regardless of how good or bad they were (from articuno to landorus, from kommo-o to garchomp, from mega abomasnow to mega metagross), what would OU look like?

What new talents would the meta discover? what would dominate the meta? would the meta be healthier despite dooming things like moltres or mega audino forever?
>>
>>32149790
Forgot to mention that in this scenario all UBs are also banned, even if some people don't consider them legendaries.
>>
Likely far less cancerous than it is right now.
>>
>>32149790

Blaziken
>>
>>32149790
Somehow I doubt it. There's still Grenigga laughing at everything in the game and some things are arguably even more busted without some things keeping them in check.
>>
>>32149833
Crap, this reminds me, I ALSO forgot to mention that for the purpose of this scenario, ash-greninja is banned (considered as an itemless mega for practical purposes), whereas protean greninja is still legal, and I'm starting to see where this kind of meta would be going.
>>
Grenigger and Blaziken rule the meta with an iron fist.
>>
>>32149831
>Blaziken
>OU
>>
>>32149790
Nothing would stop Volcarona, not even Blaziken
>>
>>32149877
I could see it as a possibility. It's probably the best non-mega speed boost user I can think of right now

>>32149906
What about toxapex, or chansey?
>>
>>32149917
He was saying that Blaziken is banned. Restricting the format only makes it better.
>>
>>32149790

>No Legendaries/Mythicals
>No Megas
>No UBs
>No Tapus

Well let's see what changes: We won't have to deal with Tapu Lele's ability, we won't have phaggotmosa and katana/bigass-steela. Hmm... seems certainly good.

But oh wait, I see from the distance... a legion of Greninjas is invading! Literally the top of the Viability Ranking that isn't any of those. Do you know how broken it would be? And then you got things like Toxapex to worry, because its counters are gone now.

It would be a ton more unbalanced than before, and it is already unbalanced, so no, keep it as is.
>>
>>32149815
UBs are (sub)legendaries as far as the game is concerned so people who don't think they're legends don't mean shit because they can't change the game's definitions.
>>
>>32149790
Stall dominates
>>
>>32149906
What makes volcarona so good this generation? Just being a powerful fire type?

I played OU pre-bank and noted that fire type was very useful defensively in the meta, but I'm curious why Volcarona is notable over heatran and zard-x
>>
>>32149790
Lots of Sand Rush Excadrill+Hippowdon shitting on anything that isn't horribly bulky
Lots of stall (skarmory, toxapex and chansey aren't legendary, after all)
A lot of teams would be hard up for wallbreakers, since most of the best ones are legends or megas. Shittier wallbreaks would further cements stall's dominance.
Clefable becomes a superstar again
Rain teams use very few legends and don't really needs megas (swampert is nice but there are plenty of alternatives). Rain vs Sand weather wars would be a thing again.
Shedinja fucks up most stuff that goes on rain teams, expect to see shedinja stall, even without mega sableye (with a generally lower power level over all you can just cram your team full of defoggers, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, hell, even Scizor can all go on stall teams comfortably, and hope for the best)

So, you guys up for stall and weather wars? Cuz that's what you'll probably get.
>>
>>32149790
Does Ass-Gaynin...I mean Ash-Greninja count as banned, too?
>>
>>32149790
It would ban 35 out of 52 (67.3%) of OU if you count UBs and Ash-Gren.

Although there is a lot, I have a few ideas.
>Marowak-A drops to PU without Phero and Koko to cock block
>Dark types come back as the Tapus are gone
>Gengar stays UU because of the increase of Dark types
>Azu and Prima rise because Fini doesn't exist to outclass them
>Amoongus/Empoleon is OU to fight Prima. Muk-A is also generally better.
>Fighting types come back to OU with more Dark types and less Fairys running around
>>
>>32150184
It can setup in the face of a shitton of mons in this meta and z-moves allow it to muscle past some would-be counters.
>>
>>32150492
Yes, it would be grouped with megas
>>
>>32150184
Talonflame is kill, plus we have Tapu Fini as a new crazy good defogger.
>>
>>32150515
I don't think A-ninja is considered legendary, just another form of greninja. UBs are sublegendaries like Articuno or Regigigas, there's not much of a distinction other than the catchrate mods they have.

Would A-greninja affect the new metagame you proposed.
>>
>>32150515
And how does any of that stop the dominance of stall? Chansey still makes most special attacks meaningless, and is even better without Keldeo or Mega Alakazam to break it. Skarmory still walls nearly every physical attacker and without Koko, Zapdos, Raikou, Mega Manectric, or even Xurkitree electric types are a lot harder to fit on a team to fight it. Toxapex still walls a good portion of the game and is even harder to stop without Landorus or aforementioned electric types around. All of your talk of fairy and dark and fighting types rising up isn't taking into account the one playstyle that was barely hurt at all by these bans (stall lost heatran, M-Sableye, Tapu Fini, and that's pretty much it)

Fuck, Amoongus-Slowbro regenerator cores got a whole lot harder to break too.
>>
>>32150523
But that's the thing: It's not. You can have a whole team of those event Mighty Morphin' Bbastards, and you wouldn't have to use up a Mega slot
>>
>>32150571
>Amoongus-Slowbro
Imagine Toxapex-Tangrowth cores.
Stall and defensive balance would be by far the best playstyles.
>>
>>32150571
>We become pseudo Gen 4 OU
I'm ok with this. Unless Dugtrio is unbanned, all the old mixed attack wall breakers become great in OU like Infernape and Electivire too.
>>
>>32150701
No, Electivire is still shit (always was) and there is no fucking way Infernape can keep up with new walls like Toxapex or even Clefable now that it's a fairy (you need either all-in special attack, use Flare Blitz and /Cripple yourself, or use a z-move and watch as stallfag switches to Toxapex to break Clef with an Infernape). Stall has had so many buffs over the years in the form of non-legendary pokemon, while offenses best stuff has been legendary. It wouldn't be pseudo-gen4, offense would be rare to non-existent because walls stay good and unbanned while the remaining wallbreakers kinda suck.
>>
>>32150751
>Electivire is still shit
Why?
It's one of the few Pokemon that are able to break Chansey+Skarmory+Toxapex, breaks Amoongus/Tang+Slowbro cores, has no Lamdorus-T to threaten it, loses competition as an all-out attacker, and generally sounds great against the meta you're talking about.

4 Atk Life Orb Electivire Cross Chop vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 296-351 (46.1 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Electivire Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 328-387 (81.3 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Electivire Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 177-211 (41 - 48.9%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge
252 SpA Life Orb Electivire Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 390-463 (98.9 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
>>
>>32149790
if they were all banned, someone would create a new meta with everything allowed because then smogon rules would be as shit as vgc rules
>>
>>32150869
/thread
>>
Take M-Sableye stall, replace Sableye with Espeon.
>>
>>32150859
And what, might I ask, does Electivire do to Clefable and Hippowdon? Those go on plenty of stall teams too. Also, it gets shit on by Dugtrio, which is common on stall as well, even if it isn't a bulky pokemon itself.
>>
>>32149790
Blaziken would become the new landorus-t on every team
>>
Aegislash rules.
>>
>>32150859

>Calcing vs tangrowth and not assuming it has AV

Beyond that bit of idiocy, Electivire still gets completely shut down by specially defensive gliscor and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it with the coverage options you listed.
>>
>>32150184
Only full stops are ZardX and Chansey.
People are starting to run Stone Edge Scarf Keldeo to beat it.
>>
It's OU, Jim, but not as we know it.
>>
>Banning every legend and mega
Back to Facebook, Underage
>>
>>32149958
Wouldn't counters to greninja be safer and more usable when the things that kept them down are removed? You know what I mean? Don't ask me for specific counters because I rarely play competitive. I'm just speculating.
>>
UU now is pretty much what OU was when it was good. Just play that instead.
>>
Me and my friends from work play our own meta, its no UB's, no legends, psuedos and megas are ok.

its fun and diverse but probly only cause they are scrubs and i gimp myself to give them a chance.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.