[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Power creep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: chandelure.png (124KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
chandelure.png
124KB, 431x431px
Remember when Chandelure having 145 Sp. Atk was a huge deal?
>>
The only pokemon with special attack above 145 in OU are Megazam, Hoopa U, zard Y, and ash greninja.
>>
>>32148277

It wasn't on its own

It would have been a big deal had Shadow Tag been released, but thankfully Game Freak realized how ridiculous that would be and gave it Infiltrator instead
>>
>less than 100 speed
it's shit
>>
>>32148303
I know it wasn't good, but it was very novel at the time. First time a non-legendary had Sp. Atk that high.
>>
File: landorus-therian.jpg (48KB, 265x320px) Image search: [Google]
landorus-therian.jpg
48KB, 265x320px
>>32148305
>>
>A Pokemon with 170 spatk is considered mediocre nowadays.
That's nutty.
>>
File: xurkidance.gif (888KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
xurkidance.gif
888KB, 500x377px
>>32148328
I know, right? Fuck. Even worse is that a 700 BST mon with no hindering ability is in BL, Salamence has been in UU, the list goes on.
>>
>>32148328
>nowadays
Chandelure was never good.
>>
>>32148339
>170 Sp Atk
>Chandelure

Did you read his fucking post you mongoloid? He was obviously talking about Xurkitree.
>>
>>32148339
Neither was your reading comprehension.
>>
>>32148328
170 sp atk is useless if you don't have the speed to hit things first nor enough bulk to take a hit comfortably.
>>
>>32148328
>Xurkitree
That's because it has mediocre to bad everything else, a disappointing movepool, and no secondary STAB.
>Hoopa-Unbound
No resistances + middling Speed and bulk + useless as fuck Ability.
>>
>>32148383
Hoopa-U is decidedly not mediocre, though. It's the best wallbreaker in OU and has great moves, it makes up for its useless ability tenfold with its incredible stats and movepool + having just enough speed to outspeed everything it needs to.
>>
>>32148383
Hoopa isn't mediocre, but again that's because it has insane Atk as well.
>>
>>32148338
To be fair Kyurem B is in the shitter because of the fact it's forced to be a mixed attacker. Unless if there's another 700 bst in Ubers?
>>
File: download-14.jpg (3KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
download-14.jpg
3KB, 144x144px
>>32148277
>Normal form has 130's in both physical stats and 90's in special
>RU

>Mega has no stat below 105
>High attack,speed ,and defens
>Tough claws
>One of the strongest steel moves and a chance to boost stats
>Not ubers
>>
>>32148537
I'll bet money that AV Meta will become a usable mon in OU once Mega goes.
>>
>>32148326
>comparing 80 speed with 91 speed
Haha.
>>
>>32148537
if the move earthquake didn't exist anon.
>>
>>32148328
>>32148338
>>32148383
pure electric is one of the worst types to be if you have any hopes of having more than a puddle deep movepool
>>
>>32148303
>Game Freak realized how ridiculous that would be

I know right

That would be just as stupid as Shadow Tag and Perish Song on a pokemon with more speed and special attack
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.