[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: switch-screen2.jpg (40KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
switch-screen2.jpg
40KB, 960x539px
If Pokemon doesn't get the "Breath of the Wild" treatment, I'm trading my Switch for a corndog.
>>
>>32146564
If by "The Breath of the Wild Treatment" you mean being available on two different systems connected through the GTS then yeah, that sounds fine.
>>
>>32146595
I'm talking about (somewhat)Open World/Reinvention of the franchise.

Link got it
Mario is getting it

Last of Nintendo's big 3 franchises is Pikachu and co.
>>
>Pikipek used Peck
>Rowlet fainted
>*breaks into pieces*
>>
>>32146606
>what is the original LoZ
>what is Sunshine
I don't know why I'm still surprised at how underage this board is.
>>
knowing GF, when they will try doing what BOTW did for zelda, theyll reduce every move's pp to 3
>>
>>32146606
>what the fuck is a kirby?
>>
>>32146662
>Implying Kirby is more recognizable than Pikachu
>>
>>32146606
You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know shit about how game development works while also simultaneously missing why and how we get yearly Pokemon games. Plus Odessey is closer to 64 than an open world game.
>>
>>32146616
Would "back to basics" be a more fitting explanation for you? Obviously the series have steered away from those formulas over time, but the Switch seems to be Nintendo's move back to open world gameplay.
>>
>>32146682
We literally do not get yearly main-series games.
>>
>>32146672
No, just implying that there aren't just 3 big franchises in Nintendo.
>>
File: 1475347433722.jpg (52KB, 441x306px) Image search: [Google]
1475347433722.jpg
52KB, 441x306px
>>32146606
Pokémon will get an open world game!
But it's a Ranger title!
>>
>>32146697
Sure but I'm saying the top 3 most popular Nintendo franchises are without a doubt: Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon.
>>
>>32146564
Deal, one corn dog for your Nintendo Switch. What's your address for me to mail it to you?
>>
>>32146564
i don't think pokemon would benefit from being open world
>>
>>32146564
You make this thread every single day and you still fail to realise that slapping an open-world on any game doesn't make it good. It works with Zelda because the NES LoZ was pretty much an open-world game.

And Mario Odyssey isn't an open-world game, it just has more sandbox-style levels. Even Galaxy had some sandbox-style levels.
>>
>>32146744
I haven't posted on this website in almost a year
>>
>>32146752
kind of sad you decided to break this tradition
>>
Pokemon is king of sales. Zelda needed a formula change to stay relevant
>>
>>32146761
Considering how this thread went, I agree
>>
>>32146769
shit threads like this are the reason I usually stick to the waifumon threads
>>
>>32146606

Odssey isn't open world you fucking retard.

>>32146689

Pokemon was never open world.
>>
>>32146790
It at least felt less linear in gen 1. There were a handful of gyms in Kanto that you could do out of order without any repercussions
>>
File: 1357602674907.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1357602674907.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>le "every game has to be open world now!!!" meme again
>>
>>32146790
underageb&
>>
>>32146803
Maybe they should.
Story is the biggest reason to have linear progression, and that's already Pokemon's weak point.
>>
>>32146796

That's still not open world.
>>
>>32146812

>he thinks being able to do 2 or 3 gyms out of order makes it open world

It doesn't you fucking autist.
>>
>>32146606

Fuck the open world meme. It barely worked for zelda but it had a lot of issues that came along with "lol no linearity, hope you like raiding bokoblin outposts"

It works even worse for a level based RPG
>>
only problem I have with open world in Pokemon is the level based system. In Zelda you can go literally anywhere and beat it regardless of your progress if you're skilled enough. With Pokemon you would just get fucked without question if you wander into some lv40 area with lv10 Pokemon.

If they redid the combat it could potentially be amazing though.
>>
>>32146564
Get ready to trade it in then. Is not Nintendo's decision anyway, its gamefreak's.
>>
>>32146606
Mario is a fucking 64 style game. The city they show isn't some meme open world, its one of the fucking levels.
>>
>>32146564
that dock is worth as much as a fucking corndog at least
>>
>>32146879
Yeah, the thing about the original Zelda was, yeah it had a large map, but every piece of that map was literally swarming with enemies.
>>
>>32146651
I wish Iwata was still alive and instead of being Nintendo's CEO was still a programmer for HAL Laboratories along with the rest of the HAL team from when the Stadium games were in development and they take the reins of the franchise from Game Freak...
>>
>>32146862
yeah and FFXV is not open world either
>>
Holy shit, the new trend at least for what i have been seen since Botw came out was the "open world pokemon game", Why? If a man jump from a floor this implies that the others need to do the same??
>>
>>32146703
>But it's a Ranger title

Fuck, that'd be amazing if it happened
>>
>>32146730
Pokémon would certainly benefit from a less-constrained map.

It's possible but it's not something I see GF doing
>>
>>32146790
Gen 1 and 2 were pretty open world, you know
Aside from the slowpoketail shit you could go wherever your HMs and items allowed
>>
>>32147554
People have been asking for an open world Pokemon game since forever. BOTW just brought it into attention even further because of how good it is.
>>
File: 1462827657687.jpg (149KB, 1200x655px) Image search: [Google]
1462827657687.jpg
149KB, 1200x655px
>>32146879
But you can't deny that it's a dimension that was always lacking in Pokemon: a glance on how Pokemon interact in their environment, besides a 3-line Pokedex entry.

In Sun & Moon wild Mareanie appeared in the middle of battles with wild Corsola and people loved that shit.
>>
I want a pokemon game where I can do what I want and actually has a postgame
>>
>>32147662
>pretty open world
>you could go wherever your HMs and items allowed
You seem to be under the impression that HMs and items don't act as a way to keep you on your tracks
>>
>>32146564
One more fucking open world thread. Wow.
>>
>>32148009
Of course, the whole world isn't open from the start, there is more exploration to be bad once you make more progress
But moments like post-pokemon tower and post-morty give me the impression that the world is mine to explore as I'd like
>>
>>32146616
We get a higher percentage of stupid little kids here, or we're simply getting the extra dumb ones.
>>
>>32147659
less constrained yes, open worlded no
>>
>>32147924
Most people hated it because unless you read a guide you'd probably never encounter a Mareanie in the wild
>>
It won't. And it shouldn't, a world approach like the first Xenoblade would work though.
>>
>>32146606
From the looks of what is going on, I wouldn't expect any open world pokemon games to come out anytime soon. And at the very least not a main pokemon game.

There focus seems to be on the same format of all the other games. Nothing new.
>>
>>32149306
They gave you a scene which strongly hinted at it, but in general it felt like S/M were full of things you needed a guide for

Should have been more like GSC where they basically just outright told you how and where to catch the rare ones
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.