[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk: should there be an insta-freeze move?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: freeze.jpg (333KB, 459x700px) Image search: [Google]
freeze.jpg
333KB, 459x700px
Let's talk: should there be an insta-freeze move?
>>
it should be a signature move for a fast offensive ice sub-legend
>>
Only if they nerf the frozen status condition
>>
No, but it would be OK a offensive move with like 60 or 65 bp with with increased rate of freezing or an ability like Static of Flame Body.
>>
>>32144260
>20% chance of thawing

How about no, it's already cancerous enough off of the 10% chance on ice beam, imagine it being guaranteed
>>
File: 481.gif (173KB, 480x270px)
481.gif
173KB, 480x270px
>>32144260
nah but maybe give ice types an ability that increases the chance of freezing to 30% or so
>>
File: Enemy KADABRA'S.png (3KB, 160x144px)
Enemy KADABRA'S.png
3KB, 160x144px
Sure
as long as you change what FRZ does, since right now it's basically sleep with even more RNG bs

Maybe lower speed + extra damage from fire and physical moves? With a slight resistance to water moves? I dunno, just do something interesting with it.
Incidentally, sound moves should wake up sleeping pokemon.
>>
>>32144260
no. freezing should be removed or heavily changed to begin with
>>
Just give it shit accuracy and have only ice types get it.
>>
>>32144342
Agreed. Should be 3 turns flat, thawable with fire moves as per normal.
>>
>>32144260
insta freeze for like 33% HP
>>
How about 80% accuracy and 1 PP?
>>
>>32144294
No need to nerf it if they gave said status move to shitmon.

Knowing GF, they'd make it a TM like Stealth Rock before it.
>>
Would make more sense for it to be like yawn with maybe a slighly lower accuracy
>>
>>32144341
pretty sure a full body tackle is more effective way to wake someone up than yelling at them
>>
What ideas do you have to change FRZ status into a viable status affliction?
>>
freeze should work like paralysis in FF, whereas you're unable to move until you get hit. I'd keep the random chance of thawing out and add that aspect (maybe you could also raise the defenses of a frozen mon). This way freeze is still a harsh but rare status condition that can change the momentum of a game but it's still manageable. I would also remove the full para chance from paralysis, put Twave back to 100% acc and make paralysis always make you go last even under trick room.
>>
>All these people wanting for freeze to be reliable

Do you really want to deal with another status condition? It's way better of you keep it broken but impossible to rely on than have it balanced but spammable.
>>
>>32144260
just as broken as a 100% accuracy sleep move
>>
>>32144936
There is no way a Pokemon with a move that has a 100% chance to freeze would be a shitmon.

As long that thing goes first, it'll be nearly impossible to fight. The only way to combat it would be to have Scald, being an Ice type or having Drought.
>>
>>32144341
>With a slight resistance to water moves?

When Ice doesn't even resist water?
>>
>>32146248
Unless it's scald I don't think putting more water on a huge block of ice is going to do much
>>
>>32146261
Yeah, I understand what you mean and I agree, but the ice-type doesn't resist the water-type because GameFreak is apparently super afraid of making the ice-type not shit.
So freezing a pokemon shouldn't give it water-resistance either as long as ice doesn't resist water.
>>
>>32144342
Freeze should cut Special attack in half. Just make it Burns for Special Attack.
>>
>>32144294
>>32144303
These
10% freeze chance Ice Beam is fucking unnecessary compared to what a burn or paralysis do.
>>
>>32146007
>deal with another status condition?
they're all balanced atm
burn is the most common, toxic can be a tech move and sleep is very rare but stlli something
none of them are gamebraking
the only one that I haven't seen once is confusion and it's a good thing that it god nerfed to useless
>>
>>32144260
Cold Embrace
If the user is hit by a contact move during the turn this move is used, the opponent is guaranteed to freeze.
>>
>>32146283
Sounds reasonable to me. Only cause it ain't fair that physical attackers are constantly punished, but special attackers get a free pass.
>>
>>32146283
that's stupid
that's like saying that we need a special version of intimidate
or that electric deserves a good physical offensive move
stats don't have to be perfectly symmetrical
>>
>>32146331
fuck off winter wyvern
>>
>>32144294
How about we rework Frozen status instead? Imagine if, instead of being a better sleep, it halved defense and special defense instead? Maybe add ice type's weaknesses to them too.
>>
YEEEEES
>>
>>32146331
sounds like it should be a ability rather than a move. something akin to static or flame body
>>
Theres instant:

>Poisoning
>Sleep
>Burn
>Paralize
>Confusion

It's unforgivable they haven't done it yet. Ice mons are very underpowered, have few moves and are only viable in a small amount of times.
>>
GF really needs to do something
>Ice
>Worst type
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>32144341
Most RPGs just make contact moves wake you up. I still would like Pokemon to move toward that.

Also, on a different note: what other status effects COULD Pokemon add?
>>
>>32146348
>electric deserves a good physical offensive move
what's wrong with this?
>>
>>32144260
yes, but make its accuracy 10%
>>
>>32146196
And yet: Spore exists.
>>
>>32146196
sleep has a maximum of turns, unlike freeze, which can -theoretically- last forever

also there are much more pokemon immune to spore than to freeze
>>
>>32146238
Meanwhile most ice types are slow....
Your point being?
>>
>>32153243
>OHKO is 30%
>Freeze is 10%

ITT: Things GF would actually do
>>
>>32153468
>forgetting Weavile exists

>>32153422
Yeah, Freeze status is annoying, both when inflicting or when you're inflicted by it. Pokemon could thaw out same turn or next turn, or apparently go 5+ turns being frozen solid (froze a wild Gumshoos and it stayed frozen for about 6 turns). Make 2-3 turns max, instant unfreeze if a Fire move is used on frozen Pokemon or if frozen Pokemon uses a Fire type move itself.
>>
>>32153468
Are you retarded?
>The only safe switch-ins are Drought users, Ice types, and a few others with Thawing move users
>All walls without a method of thawing are now useless
>Depending on the speed, a few boosts will make it outspeed the entire unboosted meta
>Anything that could outspeed after the boosts has to sacrifice a Pokemon to just switch in
>If it's too slow, then people will run 4 trick room mons in singles just for it
>The entire metagame is now even more shit
>>
>>32144260
mmm... so hot!
Wish I had a Frozen Rosa. Would love to stare into her eyes as she is forced to watch me masturbate, and look at the horror on her face as the ice gets coated to the point she can no longer see through it..
>>
>>32149882
NOOOOO
>>
>>32153625
Wtf dood.
>>
>>32153625
no
>>
>>32153625
KEK
>>
>>32144936
smeargle
>>
>>32153625
i guess it's better than the guy who wanted to fuck May's corpse
>>
You know what

Make it a Z-move

At least then they could be interesting
>>
>>32159113
screencap?
>>
I've thought up some ways to balance it

>Z-move effect
Maybe from Z-Hail or something, but this way it would be an emergency stop once per battle

>Two turn move
Either like Geomancy or Hyper Beam. Power Herb is a thing, sure, but it sacrifices an item slot (like the Z-move idea)

>Lowers your stats upon usage
Could be as tame as -1 or as drastic as -6 in some stat (speed/offense probably)

>Self harming
Like Memento, or if that's too much, then like Belly Drum

And if nothing else, there's the accuracy aspect you can play with.
>>
>100% accuracy instant freeze move
>Delibird exclusive
There, balanced.
>>
File: 28321218_p0.png (434KB, 598x850px)
28321218_p0.png
434KB, 598x850px
new fetish
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.